Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old 06-03-12, 20:05   #41
starofcctv4

Today I was playing a micro buy in 30 player sit n go the a blind level was skipped!we were playing 20/40 it then skipped a level to 40/80 then after at least 2 minutes reverted back to the proper 30/60 level and then did not play the full level and proceeded to the 50/100 level resulting in two levels not being played out properly!i'm just finding this comical at this stage adding the lobby difficulties to it!
starofcctv4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 20:18   #42
dinjo99

PP, can you explain the following please.

Last night in the 25 euro rebuy sat for the IO the prizes for 7th and 8th were significantly more than 2nd to 6th.

Cant access the client at the moment but 2nd to 6th got 28 euro while sevent to tenth got alot more.

I think 7th was over a hundred euro.

What was that about?
dinjo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 06-03-12, 23:20   #43
PokerPiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyPowerPoker View Post
We are currently investigating complaints regarding lobby refresh rates with iPoker. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will update as soon as possible.
Maybe you should consider responding to eMails from customers to your support desk ?

I am still waiting for a response to an eMail sent over 10 days ago. Bot style responses don't cut it by the way.

As I said before, you guys would be better off acknowledging the fact that there is a problem. Stop treating customers like idiots and consider the possibility that some of us know software and know a buggy release of a production system when we see it.

Rollback before you lose a chunk of customers guys. I would happily sacrifice late-reg for a stable client !

You should also read some of the other threads on here relating to the same problems and stop acting surprised !

If I get a bad steak in a restaurant I certainly don't expect the waiter or the owner to blame the butcher.

Last edited by PokerPiper; 06-03-12 at 23:26.
PokerPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 06-03-12, 23:39   #44
R0Y4LF7U5H

Is any one else having a problem with boylepoker crashing? I play on PP but its fine and i know the both run of the Ipoker network? shower of c**ts if u ask me, unhelpful as anything when i complain.
Cocksuckers
R0Y4LF7U5H is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 06-03-12, 23:59   #45
DeeBrown

Good news lads.
I seemed to have a problem with the tournament lobby today
but PP help desk was happy to point out that they were
blissfully unaware of any issues with their Poker Client.

Can't be too carefull tho' so just to be safe maybe
I should close my session & reload the software
..... after I've had a word with my ISP provider.

Last edited by DeeBrown; 07-03-12 at 00:03.
DeeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 08-03-12, 11:30   #46
robinblinds

I want to address some of the complaints and issues with the recent software update.

1) Since the recent network wide update to LR, we have been experiencing lobby update issues. That's obvious to anybody who has experienced a problem trying to find their position in a tournament which has been affected. As I've previously posted, we began with LR on Feb 21, but only began to feel the resource pressure from Mar 2.

2) I have just finished a call with Ptech, who are working to fix the problem. A fix 'will be applied asap'. That really is all I can say on fix at the moment.

3) A roll back may cause more issues at the moment - those with product release experience will understand why this is, if they apply their knowledge as to what may cause more issues on a roll back.

4) The highest authorities within PP.com and PTech are aware of the issues.

5) Regarding the support responses, I have passed on the responses in this thread to relevant managers. However, it does put support staff in a difficult position when responding to players, if the information from the network is weak and uninformative. That is not to excuse poor standard responses.

Lastly, from a ppp.com perspective, our highest concern is for game integrity to be upheld at all times. This means being able to see where you're money is at all times. Finding out where you are in a tournament falls into this, and hence these issues are of our highest concern.

Last edited by robinblinds; 08-03-12 at 11:33.
robinblinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 12:04   #47
dinjo99

Tx for response Robinblinds.

Could you please explain the issue below and whether it will happen again next Monday?

Last night in the 25 euro rebuy sat for the IO the prizes for 7th and 8th were significantly more than 2nd to 6th.

Cant access the client at the moment but 2nd to 6th got 28 euro while sevent to tenth got alot more.

What was that about?
dinjo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 12:05   #48
PokerPiper

Thanks Robin

I think it is fair to say there are lots of other issues aside from the lobby issue. Applying a fix for this in itself won't necessarily address the broader concerns of the players.

For example, network crashes causing games to be cancelled. Wasting players time. Rebuys have been refunded in most cases but why would players want to spend hours grinding an MTT if there is a threat/risk of this happening at any time ?

Clients disconnecting during a game. In my case I was 2/4 on an FT and when the client eventually reconnected I was 4/4 with less than 5BB's. I was also playing on another network at the same time with no issues so blaming my ISP (as was suggested by PP support) is a non-runner.

Playing a RB Sat (IO) I was turfed out of the game when the rebuy didn't execute and after 2 minutes I got a popup saying there was a network problem. I have sent two eMails to support and I am still waiting for a definitive response.

Your post above suggests there is only a problem with the Lobby. I appreciate your update however.
PokerPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 12:13   #49
KevIRL
Administrator

Lads, a couple of recommendations which have been posted elsewhere on the site that do make things easier

Re the tournament lobby being all over the place - you can get the correct number of players left (and your position) by clicking the stats tab in the chatbox then clicking info

Re the client crashes - if you change back to the old lobby view performance definitely improves. Go to settings > Lobby view > Mode > classic

Still a pain obviously but a definite improvement.

Last edited by KevIRL; 08-03-12 at 12:41.
KevIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 12:24   #50
robinblinds

Thanks Kev ...

I also wish to add (forget to add it to my last post) that I will not be able to come back with responses to queries (i.e hang around the forum all day!) but I'll endevour to give one info update each day until we see it improved to the high standard you as players, and we, ppp.com, demand as an operator.

Last edited by robinblinds; 08-03-12 at 12:39.
robinblinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 13:19   #51
Elshambles
Wierdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinblinds View Post
Thanks Kev ...

I also wish to add (forget to add it to my last post) that I will not be able to come back with responses to queries (i.e hang around the forum all day!) but I'll endevour to give one info update each day until we see it improved to the high standard you as players, and we, ppp.com, demand as an operator.

Seriously?

There is a time and a place for the soft-shoe PR shuffle, this constant need to plant the "positive image" guff will only annoy people after a time!

Either that or ye set the bar very low on what ye consider to be a "high standard"

That's me being nice to you btw
Old 08-03-12, 13:22   #52
eamonhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinjo99 View Post
Tx for response Robinblinds.

Could you please explain the issue below and whether it will happen again next Monday?

What was that about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPiper View Post
Thanks Robin

I think it is fair to say there are lots of other issues aside from the lobby issue. Applying a fix for this in itself won't necessarily address the broader concerns of the players.

For example, network crashes causing games to be cancelled. Wasting players time. Rebuys have been refunded in most cases but why would players want to spend hours grinding an MTT if there is a threat/risk of this happening at any time ?

Clients disconnecting during a game. In my case I was 2/4 on an FT and when the client eventually reconnected I was 4/4 with less than 5BB's. I was also playing on another network at the same time with no issues so blaming my ISP (as was suggested by PP support) is a non-runner.

Playing a RB Sat (IO) I was turfed out of the game when the rebuy didn't execute and after 2 minutes I got a popup saying there was a network problem. I have sent two eMails to support and I am still waiting for a definitive response.

Your post above suggests there is only a problem with the Lobby. I appreciate your update however.
Wow i new there were a few lobby issues but these issues are far more serious. I dont play much on ipoker but I'll certainly be avoiding it for as long as it takes to get this fully sorted. Hope both ye lads get these problems sorted for ye.
eamonhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 14:16   #53
Sickpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinblinds View Post
Thanks Kev ...

Such a load of guff once again from paddy power.
From day one of ipoker opening there have been problems the disconnects where the whole site crashes and you have to login again.

Of course this was always the users internet not the piece of rubbish software ipoker was using.

If paddypower was serious about endevouring for high standards for its customers and players it would have pulled out of the ipoker network years ago.

Problem being where do you go? cake-no ongame- no stand alone network too risky hard get enough customers,

so even though you know ipoekr offers a sub standard product you stick with them because there is very little alternatives.

Numbers have plummeted on the network which is a shame as stars have the market in a stranglehold competition is good for us the customers.

Its such a simple thing have good software good selection of games at certain times buy fulltilts software and you could print money.

Why people still play there is because of high rakeback deals
blah blah ipoekr dont offer rakeback and the games mtts anyways are still very soft
Sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 23:41   #54
dannydiamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
and the games mtts anyways are still very soft
Just on this Mick, ipoker is by far the toughest of the networks for MTTS. Staked players from the big staking sites provide a v big % of the reg players.
Old 08-03-12, 23:43   #55
KevIRL
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydiamond View Post
Just on this Mick, ipoker is by far the toughest of the networks for MTTS. Staked players from the big staking sites provide a v big % of the reg players.
It cant be. I do well on there at $5>$20.
KevIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 00:33   #56
dannydiamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
Lads, a couple of recommendations which have been posted elsewhere on the site that do make things easier

Re the tournament lobby being all over the place - you can get the correct number of players left (and your position) by clicking the stats tab in the chatbox then clicking info

Re the client crashes - if you change back to the old lobby view performance definitely improves. Go to settings > Lobby view > Mode > classic

Still a pain obviously but a definite improvement.
This wasn't working tonight either,was all over the place(worked the last couple of nights). More fool me for playing there obv!

I got onto a PP rep a while ago,wasn't expecting any worthwhile assistance but went in for the lols. Got blamed for my broadband connection. Sweet suffering fuck, do you not even chat amongst yourselves? How can your customer service reps be so ignorant to what's going on, it's shocking.

Last edited by dannydiamond; 09-03-12 at 00:35.
dannydiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 00:39   #57
The Aul Switcharoo

Quote:
It's called running like god for a while Kev. Just wait until Ciaran turns on the doomswitch...
Old 09-03-12, 00:48   #58
DeeBrown

Quote:
So taking on KevIRL is now -EV !!!
I'll be retiring from poker so.
DeeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 17:36   #59
robinblinds

Update on this :

Playtech poker team have made the necessary changes to resolve and expect the issues of the last few days to be resolved.

Without getting too technical, 'old messages' were being served and queued up, hence blocking 'new messages' (i.e tourney's / lobby updates etc) from being displayed.

(I use 'message' here as a piece of info being sent to/from the poker client)

Obviously we will be monitoring this over the weekend.

Thanks for your patience and for those of you whose patience ran out, we apologise for the issues which led to this.
Old 09-03-12, 17:42   #60
Caf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydiamond View Post
Since when is ipoker the toughest site?
Caf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker