Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hdtv monitor setup

alright guys

does anyone use the below setup at all. I have a 32 inch hdtv and want to use that as a monitor does anyone know how to configure this using a vga cable and what would i have to change on the laptop

Cheers

Yup, I use a 32" Sony TV that I hook-up to my laptop using a standard HDMI cable. I think this is the best one to use since it carries audio also. I'm unsure what resolution it comes in at, but it's crystal clear and should adjust automatically once you plug you laptop in.

That said, 32" is pretty big, it can tile 16 tables easily, so I'd recommend having a deep desk so you don't get sqaure-eyed and can put the monitor far enough back.

Comment

cheers for that only problem is there is no hdmi output on my laptop so i have to use the old vga cable way i tried it before but the resolution was not good and was blurry

Comment

Oh, right. Just plugged mine in with a VGA cable and it was fine. Just screw around with the screen resolution until it's clear and everything fits.

Comment

How old is your laptop? If its newish hopefully it would have a DVI connection.

I use my 32" with my desktop and i used a DVI to HDMI cable and its perfect, the cable itself i bought through ebay and was pretty cheap.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

laptop would be about 3 years old nearly its an acer one with only a vga input on it ill actually try that get a vga to hdmi cable should do the trick just usin the pc port on the tv at the mo and that isnt workin out well. is there a way of leaving the laptop for browsing and the lobby and just have the screens on the big screen 20 tablin on a laptop just isnt fun ha ha

Comment

Working...
            X