1/2 live Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 live Omaha

As the title says 1/2 live Omaha, 1 limper and I make it €10 and get 4 callers and the short stack ships for €17 .

Action back on me , Can i raise here ???

The dealer was the TD and said that it was an under raise and that i couldn't re-pop it ??? is it an under raise ??

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
    As the title says 1/2 live Omaha, 1 limper and I make it €10 and get 4 callers and the short stack ships for €17 .

Action back on me , Can i raise here ???

The dealer was the TD and said that it was an under raise ??? is it ??
    Nope no raise I am afraid you can only call.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

yea i reckon so

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        Nope no raise I am afraid you can only call.
        Its more than 50% of the raise Danny ???

Comment

You raised it 8 and he raised another 7. Its 100% an underraise.

You are getting confused with when someone tries to raise and dont realise there was a raise before and dont put out enough chips. If its more than 50% of the raise they must then min raise, if its not its deemed a call.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
            You raised it 8 and he raised another 7. Its 100% an underraise.

You are getting confused with when someone tries to raise and dont realise there was a raise before and dont put out enough chips. If its more than 50% of the raise they must then min raise, if its not its deemed a call.

Damo has raised it €8 but his bet is €10. In most/all Irish clubs the re raiser would have to make it €20 to reopen the betting.
            twitter
            moneybookers

Comment

It's an under raise, with styles of betting.

As Chris mention already most card clubs in Ireland go with the min raise been double the total previous bet in this case it would have to be €20 back to you before you could raise.

Most festivals in Ireland use the international standard of double the increment of the raise. Which in your case the min reraise would needed t have been €18 back to you to reopen the betting.

Someone who hasn't yet acted on their cards can of course raise when facing this bet, i.e. the BB for example.
              €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
              Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
              €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
              CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

True, a lot of clubs do, but imo thats wrong at stems from always doing it wrong. as JP said internation rules are equal the rasie amount. This is pretty much the same for every poker site too.

The half raise amount rule is normally applied where a player says raise but annouces an amount below the min. Less than half its a call, more than half its rounded up to a raise. It's to stop angle shooting

What is interesting about this hand Damo is the fact that he let you make it 10 for cash.
                A pot-bet from you was e9 not e10
                This would of made his e17 shove e8 more than your e7 raise, opening the betting to you (under the equal bet rules)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  True, a lot of clubs do, but imo thats wrong at stems from always doing it wrong. as JP said internation rules are equal the rasie amount. This is pretty much the same for every poker site too.

The half raise amount rule is normally applied where a player says raise but annouces an amount below the min. Less than half its a call, more than half its rounded up to a raise. It's to stop angle shooting

What is interesting about this hand Damo is the fact that he let you make it 10 for cash.
                  A pot-bet from you was e9 not e10
                  This would of made his e17 shove e8 more than your e7 raise, opening the betting to you (under the equal bet rules)

This was my exact argument , If i was allowed to make it 10 and it was said at the time that a pot raise was 9 but the dealer/TD allowed it to be rounded up. IMO then he should have applied the same rules to the shove from the shortstack and open the betting to me again .

Comment

Most places don't do the equal raise thingy where you would open the betting again. JP's games are the only place in Ireland I've seen it, so it would've needed to be €18 anyway.

Comment

You were probably happy at the time that it could be made 10.
                      Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                        You were probably happy at the time that it could be made 10.
                        Yeah of course i was . I was just annoyed that i had to fold to a shove from a player post flop who wouldn't have been in the hand had i been able to re-pop it pre.
                        I was just curious as to wether the more than 50% rule applied here .

Comment

[/B]
                          This was my exact argument , If i was allowed to make it 10 and it was said at the time that a pot raise was 9 but the dealer/TD allowed it to be rounded up. IMO then he should have applied the same rules to the shove from the shortstack and open the betting to me again .
                          The bet was accepted as €10, and the other players called a bet of €10, not €9. You can't go back and change it to €9 now just so you can reopen the betting.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                            The bet was accepted as €10, and the other players called a bet of €10, not €9. You can't go back and change it to €9 now just so you can reopen the betting.
                            Why not ??

Comment

Different issue but the rounding up to 10 bugs the crap out me, it might only be 1 more but it adds up over 3 streets and multiple players

Comment

Why not ??
                                Because the bet was accepted and understood to be €10 by all players. No one argued with this bet size at the time, and the players who called the €10 did so knowing it was €10, not €9. Do you give the players who called the €10 an option to change their decision, based on a different betsize facing them?

Anyway, if it was so important, why didn't you just raise to €8 or whatever so that when the shortie shoved you had all your options intact?

Comment

Because the bet was accepted and understood to be €10 by all players. No one argued with this bet size at the time, and the players who called the €10 did so knowing it was €10, not €9. Do you give the players who called the €10 an option to change their decision, based on a different betsize facing them?

Anyway, if it was so important, why didn't you just raise to €8 or whatever so that when the shortie shoved you had all your options intact?
                                  My "why not " post was a level connor

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    Different issue but the rounding up to 10 bugs the crap out me, it might only be 1 more but it adds up over 3 streets and multiple players
                                    Big time, it annoys the life out of me. 4 players putting in €1 extra pre flop, could in theory end up meaning an extra €30 or €40 in there by the river.

Comment

My "why not " post was a level connor
                                      , I thought the levelling factor on here was kept to the BBV. In that case I assume this whole thread is a level, yeah?

Comment

, I thought the levelling factor on here was kept to the BBV. In that case I assume this whole thread is a level, yeah?
                                        No , I was genuinely curious as to wether the 50% rule applied to this situation.

Comment

No , I was genuinely curious as to wether the 50% rule applied to this situation.
                                          Na as already said the 50% rule is another thing entirely, whether or not putting out chips constitutes a raise.

Comment

Working...
                                          X