Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-entry tournaments - Second Bullet

Hi All,

I wanted to get some opinion on the value of playing a second bullet in a flight of a tournament you’ve already fired one in, when there are other flights still to come.

I’ve done it before but I wondered if people feel it’s got good value? Not good value? Only good value with X bbs on the re-entry? Often when I’ve done it I’ve had the feeling I was a bit tilted and it probably wasn’t a good idea.

I had a look at yesterday’s Mammoth briefly.

37 people fired two bullets. Only five got the second bullet through, and 11 lost their second bullet within an hour. Two in fact within 10 minutes of their first bust.

With a tournament like the Mammoth I guess there will be other opportunities in future flights, so under what circumstances does it become +EV to fire that second bullet?

Is that a Platinum Pass I see.....

Shooting Jungle Scene from the movie: Predator (1987) in HD.I don't own Predator! All rights belong to their respective owners!Copyright Disclaimer Under Sec...

Comment

yes I notice you were one of the 32.

And yes there’s that extra added value. So you’re saying until reg closes you should be firing as many as possible/necessary regardless of tilt/stack depth?

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
        yes I notice you were one of the 32.

And yes there’s that extra added value. So you’re saying until reg closes you should be firing as many as possible/necessary regardless of tilt/stack depth?
        Don't really know. I cant play today or Saturday and was late in yesterday so planned on quick gamble with 1st and see from there.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
          so under what circumstances does it become +EV to fire that second bullet?
          In general not having to drive back to the venue the next day to play would normally be my main reason for firing the second bullet on the same day even if this means re-entering with a relatively shallow stack.
          "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

If its plus EV to fire the first bullet its plus EV to fire the second. Only thing that changes and the amount of plus EV goes down the later you re enter (no. of bbs etc.)
            sigpic
            Longshotvalue.com

Comment

The second bullet is probably slightly lower EV than a fresh bullet.
              But a lot of it is game by game. If you've a table full of whales with deep stacks, it makes sense to get back in the game.

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
              Only thing that changes and the amount of plus EV goes down the later you re enter (no. of bbs etc.)
              That could easily make the it -EV though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                The second bullet is probably slightly lower EV than a fresh bullet.
                But a lot of it is game by game. If you've a table full of whales with deep stacks, it makes sense to get back in the game.

That could easily make the it -EV though.
                In fairness you get a new table when you re-enter.

Comment

Disregard if that's the case. I've only ever played rebuys or double chance where I stayed in my seat.

Comment

Working...
                  X