Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLO tourney

Blinds 300/600, five places off the bubble

In late position with Kd Kh Qd 8s i raise 2.1k, only one caller in the small blind both our stacks are roughly 40kish both of us well placed in the top10. Only read on villan he plays nearly all his hands from the both blinds and has been caught makin a few bluffs.
    Flop is Jd 8d 4h (pot 4.8k), villan checks i bet 3.6k villan then raises to 12K, hero???
    What line do you want to take here???

Don't like it but think this deep you gotta fold here. Even if he's bluffing semi-bluffing you can't be in great shape on that flop. If you're this comfortable in chips you shouln't be looking to race him.

If you've seen him fold after re-raising someone then that may come into play but doubt he'd fold after check-raising. Seeing someone bluff once doesn't mean he'd be looking to do it again against one of the few that match him in chips.

Comment

i would guess a shove is best here,
      i think you shouldn't bet the flop unless you are willing to get it in??

would be interested in what more informed people would do here

Comment

Yeah I get this in almost 100% of the time here

Overpair, pair(this does count in this spot) and 2nd nut flush draw - alll innn for me

if he has j8xx you have 16 outs, if he has a set you have 11 outs. You have fold equity here as well as a hand in case he has hit his set

You basically ship and hope he doesn't have j-8-ad-xd or aaxx with nut flush draw(if he is that tricky which a lot would be).
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

sounds like a pretty easy allin with the villain description, board texture, and our hand

Comment

Thanks for the reply lads.
            Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
            If you're this comfortable in chips you shouln't be looking to race him.
            Anybody else not agree with this like i know in a cash game i push no problem or against a shorty in the tourney but seen as this is a tourney getting late into it should i not be more carefull against a deep stack and especially when its so close to the bubble???

Comment

I mean yeah, looking to take a 50/50 or even slightly better would be stupid...but we have a hand that can heavily dominate some of his hands, he can be bluffing and fold, we have pot odds, and we get some value from showing people we arent just goign to cbet fold wet boards which gives us some postflop stealing equity in later pots, which around the bubble cant really be underestimated

Comment

Working...
              X