Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poker Improver

OK,

I want to make a real effort to improve my poker. I am currently playing 0.25 / 0.50 NL with a roll of $1500. Over the last few months I ve been running @ ~ 5bb/100

My aim by the end of year would be to playing 0.50 / 1 with a roll of $3000 and beating it at a reasonable level 3-5bb/100.

How will I acheive this?

I want to set up a checklist that I complete each day / week / month so that i improve at poker.

Heres what I have in my head.
    • Play 400 hands per day, no more than 4 tables (found not playing > 4 has helped a ton)
    • Post dodgy / unsure hands after each session
    • Watch 1 poker video each week
    • Run Leakbuster each month and study areas of weakness

Is there anything else I should add?

Is there any particular training site /series/coach you would recommend

Thanks

- Post up 10k hand samples - look for advice.
    - Post and comment on hands.
    - I'd say spend more time reviewing each session and watching videos per week.
    - IDK what leak buster is or how it works. Actually thats the HM thing? Not sure on it.
    - Some people like to play x amount of hands a day, some like to just play when the games are good. I think a mix of this is good. HJ once tried to play more later in the week. Maybe look at this.

- Discipline is probably the biggest hindrance to any poker player. This includes tilt and treating playing with some respect.
    Don't play hungover/tired/hungry or whenever your concentration isn't sharp. Be sure to be hydrated and prepare for each session like you should in any sport. You want to play your A game as much as possible and if not, make sure its your B game. If it isnt working for you stop playing.

Dont tilt your roll away. You have an okayish bankroll for 50nl, but you should really be careful about losing a few buyins and be prepared to move down.

Are you going to be withdrawing while building the roll up?

Comment

I am also about to start taking poker seriously (for the first time really), and was about to ask wether people would be interested in swapping sweat sessions, etc? I feel that when I know someone is watching my play, I make far more correct decisions. I turn off the "auto poker" that has seen me play some horrific pots far too many times.

I was planning on uploading a video a week, just going through interesting hands, and some boring hands obviously, where I would think out loud. I will definitely be ridiculed for the first few, as a lot of things I would have though would be wrong, and though I may be betting / raising / folding, I am doing it for the wrong reason, these are the leaks that are harder to find imo. People's constructive criticism on here is always seriously helpful, and I feel that this could be a good way to improve quickly.

Comment

That's not a bad idea Emmett. It might take a bit more effort than just reading a HH, but it could work out.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
        X