Clock called by TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock called by TD

I was playing a shootout a good while back.
    small stakes, nothing to serious.

i was heads up at my table and all other tables had finished at this stage so most of the field was standing around to see the outcome of our table before the final table.

we had been heads up for quite some time, when i was put to a decision for basically all my chips. as far as i can remember, i was thinking for roughly 1-2 mins and my opponent had no problem at all with this.

then out of the blue the TD calls the clock on me and tells me i have 1 min to make a decision and after that my hand would be dead.

has anyone ever come across this before?

have to say i found it a bit ridiculous for the TD to jump in like that as i think its up to the player to call the clock.
    it just made me feel like the TD just wanted the tourney over and done with.

all feed back appreciated.

Conno

TD has no right to jump in like that, while your facing a decision for all your chips IMO.
    He should not be involved in the hand unless called upon.
    Jesus Christ WAS Married.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishflop21 View Post
      TD has no right to jump in like that, while your facing a decision for all your chips IMO.
      He should not be involved in the hand unless called upon.
      TD can make the ruling if he wants. I don't agree with it but he can

Comment

the TD has the right to call the clock but it's the wrong decision in most cases. Stuff like drunk players taking 5 mins every hand, that's when it's okay for the TD to call a clock. For any legit decision, no reason why the TD should call the clock.
        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

If Dave O'Neill is TD'ing the Irish Open this year we are bound to see 15-20 instances of it before the week is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
            If Dave O'Neill is TD'ing the Irish Open this year we are bound to see 15-20 instances of it before the week is out.

yea but you know why

Comment

I had clock called on me by a dealer before and I wasted too happy about it.
              But I think the TD is different. There is nothing wrong with him doing it if the time is suitable.
              I'm guessing his reasoning was that all the other tables had been waiting a while on you two.

Another important factor, one that isn't mentioned in the OP, is the actual decision you were facing. Some people might say it doesn't make a difference, but in my opinion it does. The more information there is to process, then the more lenient they should be with time. Eg. button shove heads up for 8BBs, there is only so much to think about, but 200BBs deep, river CRAI when the nuts changed can be a lot to take in, so deserves all the time you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                I had clock called on me by a dealer before and I wasted too happy about it.
                But I think the TD is different. There is nothing wrong with him doing it if the time is suitable.
                I'm guessing his reasoning was that all the other tables had been waiting a while on you two.

Another important factor, one that isn't mentioned in the OP, is the actual decision you were facing. Some people might say it doesn't make a difference, but in my opinion it does. The more information there is to process, then the more lenient they should be with time. Eg. button shove heads up for 8BBs, there is only so much to think about, but 200BBs deep, river CRAI when the nuts changed can be a lot to take in, so deserves all the time you need.
                i see your point there mellor, but i still think its up to the player to call the clock. i can understand the TD giving some sort of a warning for taking so long.but i do think its ridiculous to want to rush a player like that just because they wanted the tourney to move on. i can't see this happening in a freezout with on the final table bubble. which is basically the same thing imo.

we were about 10 mins behind the other tables which was about half a level. which wouldn't affect anyone in a shootout as the clock and stacks are re structured for the final table.

totally agree which your comment on the button shove for 8bbs. we were fairly close stack wise, i was slightly ahead, and we were fairly deep, and it was quite a big shove.

just don't see why the TD should ever get involved. its not like I'm going to take 5-10 mins.

what did you do (if anything) when the dealer called the clock on you?

Comment

I was talking more in a general sense. That theTD is justified in stepping in sometimes.
                  If this was a bigger spot, as you described above then he should have given you more time.

When the dealer called clock on me it was after about 30 seconds. Cash game. I told him I thought it was ridiculous. I had a draw and called, there was money behind.
                  I hit on the turn and the money went in. Decent sized pot. I made it obvious he wasn't getting a tip.

Comment

Working...
                  X