X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two hands from tournament last night

Hi Guys,

Hand 1:

Blinds 300/600. My stack 27,000ish, Villain 25,000ish.

Hero UTG with K Q

Raise to 1,200. Villain in cut off raises to 2,800. All folded round to me. I flat (OOP, bad I know). Flop is 3 7 7

Hero checks, villain bets 2,000. Hero flats.

Turn 2

Hero checks again, villain bets 4,000, hero tank calls. Getting over 3/1 with 2 overs and fd.

River 6

Hero? Remaining stacks 18k and 16k ish.

Hand 2:

Stack about 38,000. Blinds 400/800.

Hero 2 2 in big blind.

Raised by UTG + 2 to 2,000, one caller, back to hero, who flats.

K 4 K flop. Hero leads out for 2,400. Both call.

Turn 2

Hero??

Any thoughts appreciated I'm almost certain my play on the first hand was the incorrect one.

Shove river on hand 1 and in hand 2 bet out ~6k and shove river if you get a call and board doesn't pair the K or 4 or drop an ace.

Comment

I did shove river in hand one. I didn't really think it through, I was just too happy to see the heart. As soon as I shoved I felt it was a mistake. That maybe a value bet of around 6-8,000 might have been a better idea.

Just felt when I'd counted out the pot pre call on the turn it had become obvious I was on a draw.

Comment

What was the thinking on donk betting the flop in hand 2?

What happens the other 80% of the time the turn is a non-set making card? Are you double barreling against 2 opponents, or check/folding which may make you a target for floating in future hands.

Pot is ~ 13K on the turn you have ~33K behind.
        Any bet of less than 1/3 pot might look like a value bet.

But if you make it 5-8K, -get both to call and they have similar stack sizes, you'll have them both pot committed. And ship the river.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerDubKid View Post

What happens the other 80% of the time the turn is a non-set making card? Are you double barreling against 2 opponents, or check/folding which may make you a target for floating in future hands.

But if you make it 5-8K, -get both to call and they have similar stack sizes, you'll have them both pot committed. And ship the river.
          Only 20% of the time u turn a deuce, fuck sake I thought u get there way more often!!

Comment

Any reads? I'd probably check both.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerDubKid View Post

I felt there was a reasonable chance I was ahead, so I tested the waters to see where I was. I was giving up post turn without a 2.

The hand turned out as follows:

SPOILER
              I checked the turn. Original raiser checked. Third guy bets 2k (he only had 7k in total).

I put the 7k in, and the guy who's just raised snap calls out of turn. This gets the original raiser (who actually had K 7 off) to fold eventually because he figures he's beaten. All in shows K Q off.

River 10.

So yeah that was the second hand.

First hand

SPOILER
              He folded to my shove, only had AK, and made the correct read on me pre river. Don't think I was getting him to call anything if I'm honest.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
                I felt there was a reasonable chance I was ahead,
                In a tournament, on that flop, and against 2 players, pocket 2's are never "ahead". It's a coin-flip at best, I haven't got access an odds calculator atm.

Comment

Lead for like 1/4-1/3pot OTR in hand 1 to ensure value since villain will check-back a tonne making our turn call thin w/o implied odds

Bomb turn for ~pot in hand 2, one of them has Kx and likely wont fold river getting a decent price after calling turn for this sizing. Smaller sizing OTT means our river jam is much bigger and probably gets too many hero-folds
                  "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                  X