ak suited booooom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ak suited booooom

hi all not really sure where to post this but a wee hand from live tourney recently. I have ak suited cut off blinds 4- 8 k make it 22 pre i have 86K bb calls after a thinkathon and says i check flop . Flop is 8 high i ship he calls with k 8 suited . 2 questions i feel when he checked dark i should have shipped dark? or should i have checked on seeing 8 high?turn was a king by the way so it was prob all goin in anyway. Thanks in advance for comments/replys.

trivial shove pre

Comment

What's a thinkathon? What's bb stack?

Comment

THINKATHON=DWELL bb stack 92k
        Last edited by coolhandfluke; 10-04-12, 22:13.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhandfluke View Post
          THINKATHON=DWELL bb stack 92k
          I read it again, you have 10 bigs, easiest shove in the world. I like this thinkathon malarkey.

Comment

i know to be honest , was tryin to to be a bit sneaky sneaky hopin for a pre shove from the very active player left of me(play your own game i hear u say) stupid is as stupid does i suppose. RE thinkathon ,do you think itll catch on?

Comment

Think about what your doing with trying to be sneaky and slow playing. You dont have a made hand and by not pushing with your 10bigs your giving other players a great chance to call with speculative hands and out flop you which is exactly what happened.
              airport, lol

Comment

As mentioned, shove pre. Just makes the hand straight forward and allows him to make a mistake. IFyou had a bigger stack and were raising. Make it less. 18k is better than 22k.

Comment

With just over ten big blinds, you should only ever be shoving or folding with whatever hand you have, so with AK, you should be delighted to get them in pre.

Comment

ponderment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    As mentioned, shove pre. Just makes the hand straight forward and allows him to make a mistake. IFyou had a bigger stack and were raising. Make it less. 18k is better than 22k.
                    say i had bigger stack hand played same for example and flop comes 8 high ? what to do after dark check?
                    Last edited by coolhandfluke; 10-04-12, 23:50.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhandfluke View Post
                      say i had bigger stack hand played same for example and flop comes 8 high ? what to do after dark check?
                      It depends. Sometimes I continuation bet, sometimes I check back.
                      But don't focus on specific hands and how you could have won or lost but rather look at it as a reoccuring situations that you need to beat most of the time.
                      Last edited by Mellor; 11-04-12, 23:32.

Comment

Fold pre if your not gonna shove

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                          Fold pre if your not gonna shove
                          Or

Shove pre if your not gonna fold
                          Jesus Christ WAS Married.

Comment

ponderment-shove pre, ponderment-shove flop, win monies, rub on titties, simples!
                            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

deep

Comment

Shove pre flopski!

And if he calls with K8 and beats you, stand up and politely say nice hand while snealiky picking up a chair and BOOM!

Now his face is broken and you feel better..... simples....

Comment

Working...
                                X