• Show
Clear All

Tricky spot

FT €10rb on Ipoker. First hand of FT.

Hero 204k - BB
    V1 69k - BTN
    V2 176k - SB

I have AsQs.

Folded to V1 he shoves. V2 reshoves. Hero?

No info on V1. V2 is decent reg. 17/13/5.6 over 1.1k hands.

Other stacks:

Can't remember exact payouts but Ipoker standard structure. 1.1k up top, 800, 620 for 1st three. After that it would go from about 150 for 9th to 480ish for 4th I tjink.

Blinds 2.5k/5k 500
    Last edited by Lplate; 20-01-16, 14:37.

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
    FT €10rb on Ipoker. First hand of FT.

Hero 204k - BB
    V1 69k - BTN
    V2 176k - SB

I have AsQs.

Folded to V1 he shoves. V2 reshoves. Hero?

No info on V1. V2 is decent reg. 17/13/5.6 over 1.1k hands.
    What's the blinds?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
      What's the blinds?
      Kinda important alight! Edited.

Comment

Without any other info like other stacks, average etc I would think its a fold. 35bb effective stack 170k to win 410k. You need like 41% equity vs both their ranges to break even.
        Decent reg seems solid. 14bb shove from button. Range is 22-JJ/1010 A10s+ AJo+ for sb I'd think couldn't see much wider that's like 7.5%.
        Just ran that there you got like 50.5% vs sb and widening the button to like 9% could be wider too, you got like 37%
        I think in game I fold but haven't looked at this stuff in a while so could be a snap
        Last edited by Guest; 20-01-16, 14:26.

Comment

Is this 9 handed? I guess if you supply stack sizes of all and pay-out structure this becomes a fold for ICM.

Comment

call

Comment

Without any other info like other stacks, average etc I would think its a fold. 35bb effective stack 170k to win 410k. You need like 41% equity vs both their ranges to break even.
              Decent reg seems solid. 14bb shove from button. Range is 22-JJ/1010 A10s+ AJo+ for sb I'd think couldn't see much wider that's like 7.5%.
              Just ran that there you got like 50.5% vs sb and widening the button to like 9% could be wider too, you got like 37%
              I think in game I fold but haven't looked at this stuff in a while so could be a snap
              if button is competent his range is alot wider than this. and given v2 is a deece reg he should be re-jamming correctly so AQs should be a call.

EDIT: also other stacks at the table are important too.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                if button is competent his range is alot wider than this. and given v2 is a deece reg he should be re-jamming correctly so AQs should be a call.

EDIT: also other stacks at the table are important too.
                Think that was the SB's re-jamming range he was giving. Not sure 22-55 is in there, but would probably add A8s+ and KQs

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Think that was the SB's re-jamming range he was giving. Not sure 22-55 is in there, but would probably add A8s+ and KQs
                  I think Chips means the 9%. I mentioned which he's probably right about gonna be wider. I'd assume the sb range is close. How wide do we think the btn is shoving 14bbs for?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    lol read it too fast, yeah SBs re-jamming range is prob 55+ A7+ KQ+(being suited isnt that important since sb still dominates a good % of btn jamming range and then other % is flipping and small % is crushed), SB should also just jam his whole range here since he shouldnt have a flat fold range with his stack size, buttons jamming range if he is decent should be around something like 36.3%, 22+ Ax+ K4s+ K9o+ Q6s+ QTo+ J7s+ JTo T7s+ T9o 96s+ 86s+ 76s 65s, prob take out the bottom of that range if there is a few shorter stacks than him.

which means we end up with equity like this

Welcome to leading online poker school website with the most comprehensive poker strategy guides, professional software & tools and vibrant poker forum community. Learn poker online, understand hands charts, check our Texas Hold'em lessons and launch your poker career. Join now, it’s free!

Equity Win Tie
                    MP2 39.88% 36.79% 3.09% { AsQs }
                    MP3 33.19% 30.61% 2.57% { 55+, A7s+, KQs, A8o+, KQo }
                    CO 26.94% 25.66% 1.28% { 44+, A2s+, K4s+, Q6s+, J7s+, T9s, A2o+, K9o+, QTo+, JTo, T9o }

i mean you could possibly edge pass in a decent structured tourney but im guessing this isnt a decent structured tourney ? personally i get it in and am happy about it.

Comment

I can't honestly be sure and would assume you're right but that range looks too wide to me. I agree in retrospect that 9% isn't enough but 36% for 14bbs look extremely wide

Comment

I can't honestly be sure and would assume you're right but that range looks too wide to me. I agree in retrospect that 9% isn't enough but 36% for 14bbs look extremely wide
                        that is what you can profitably shove on the btn for 14bbs, thats why i said if btn is competent that his range will be in and around that (stop being a nit ) you can prob shove slightly wider than that aswell v some players who dont call correctly.

Comment

hate doing the numbers in these spots fair enough 36% you can shove but truly how many players shove this wide (with 14bb on ft)if it was sub 10bbs i might think differently
                          im thinking fold but im a nit

Comment

Chips got this pretty much nailed. Btn had A8o and sb AJo. I called because the sb was decent and I figured his range meant that I should call. Board ran out Q888x lol. Btn turned out to be pretty good too and went on to take it down, I got 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                            X