Weird bubble spot last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird bubble spot last night

Hi guys, found myself in a very tough spot last night, wondered if I might get some feedback?

So I'm playing a live €110 tournament, payouts of €1,000, €600 and €400. Four remain. I have 150k, villain has 90k, other two stacks 30k and 60k.

Blinds 2,000/4,000.

One fold, I'm on the button with K Q off. I make it 12,000, SB with 90k flats, BB folds.

Now info on the SB, he's certainly not the kind of player who would think a lot about situations, and doesn't bluff much. Very recreational player, not aggressive.

Flop is a K J 10 with two spades. SB open shoves on me.

Is it far too nitty to fold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap calling myself. Should be able to rule out AK, AQ, KK, JJ and 1010. We're in very good shape against any King, QJ, Q10 and if he has two pair then he's awful and we still have plenty of outs.

Comment

Generally it would be a snap call myself. I didn't snap call for starters as his line just surprised the hell out of me and I was in a state of shock for about 30 seconds.

Is aces in his range? I wasn't sure.

He'd limped pocket tens and pocket queens earlier in the tournament, fwiw. That crossed my mind too.

He flats aces OOP, is scared by wet flop and decides to just shove maybe?

Comment

If you are up against the SB [as described] who is recreational, and two short stacks there are arguements for folding here.

Especially if the clock is reasonable and if you fancy you have any skill edge.

A reasonable part of the SB range is 2 pair, sets, and monster draws, and your hand is a dog v this range. You state below the SB is not agressive ...

Comment

Thanks. The other two stacks was the first factor I took into account. Funnily enough i have a skill edge over villain, but not the other two.

I did only have 12k in, would it not be prudent to find a better (and slightly less confusing) spot?

Comment

Working...
          X