$7 rebuy AKs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$7 rebuy AKs

Looking for opinions on all streets really I guess but mainly turn and river spots. Villain is a decent reg plays 18/15. Relevant stats for this spot he opens EP 18% of time with a 71% flop cbet and 40% turn cbet.

IPoker Network No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t/t Blinds - 9 players - View hand 2336125
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t21478
    UTG: t27191
    Hero (UTG+1): t44261
    UTG+2: t6675
    MP1: t12567
    MP2: t16655
    CO: t4165
    BTN: t12814
    SB: t32478

Pre Flop: (t0) Hero is UTG+1 with A K
    UTG raises to t1200, Hero calls t1200, 6 folds, BB calls t1200

Flop: (t3600) 2 2 T (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG bets t2400, Hero calls t2400, BB folds

Turn: (t8400) A (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets t3840, UTG raises to t8400, Hero calls t4560

River: (t25200) T (2 players)
    UTG bets t15091, Hero calls t15091

Blinds not showing correctly on converter but its 300/600/100 so an extra 1200 is in the pot on each street

I play it the same vs a reg. An 18% EP opening range includes a lot of draws, Aces, 10s on that board, but i think he just barrels the flop with a 10. I'd expect to see AJ/AQ and some KJ/KQ draws more than AA or 10x

Comment

Weird hand but I definitely don't play it any different. I'd imagine he has A10 but as Tony said he could be doing this with AK/AQ/AJ or going for a strange bluff.

Comment

Weird spot on the turn, hard to give utg a range because must people in his shoes don't have a check raising range at all, they barrell all draws, big aces and monsters and check call weaker hands like JJ-KK and some ax and 10x. I'd say its a spot he isn't balance at all, he either is always nutted when he takes this line or always on a weird bluff line so call turn and call all rivers seems fine, wouldn't be happy though as most of his bluffs/draws just bet turn again so struggling to give him a turn check raise bluffing range.
        "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Don't think many regs take this line with aq/aj at all, would be so thin, they just bet those hands usually or possibly check call.
          "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Have you been floating him at all before this?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
              Have you been floating him at all before this?
              I would be viewed on the tighter side in general but was more active on this table given stack size. I dont there was much of a floating dynamic going on with him.

Comment

Working...
              X