Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opr View Post
    The one you posted in the BBV last night Caf into 2/1 now.

Opr
    Yeah, still 9/4 in places. I was a bit sick to miss 9/2 tbh because I got it early and it went out of my head but happier with the 3s now. Hopefully it does the job. Could easily go off 7/4 or shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
      Power and Dawn Approach to win, singles and a double for me.

Small e/w on Caledonia Lady @66/1. Almost definitely too much of a step up in class but has done me favours in the past and can't resist that big a price. Think Bated Breath is the one to beat in that though.

I'll more than likely have a small e/w bet on Gabrial too.
      hope your bets go well but i wouldnt be backing dawn approach not that he wont win just that its the toughist 2 year old race i have ever seen one to watch in my eyes not one to back in

Comment

King's Stand 15:05

Hamish McGonagall
        €10 win @ 65; €10 place @ 14.5.

Comment

Small e/w on Caledonia Lady @66/1. Almost definitely too much of a step up in class but has done me favours in the past and can't resist that big a price. Think Bated Breath is the one to beat in that though.

ive a decent double on Power and cristoforo columbo. paddy power have potty prices on power, ring them and ask for the potty price

Comment

Frankel finally going off at a price that justifies his almost invincible status.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Frankel time!!!

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
              hope your bets go well but i wouldnt be backing dawn approach not that he wont win just that its the toughist 2 year old race i have ever seen one to watch in my eyes not one to back in
              I wouldn't dispute that but I think this could be a special horse and it will take one of those to win it. I won't even get to watch it live but recording to watch later.

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
              ive a decent double on Power and cristoforo columbo. paddy power have potty prices on power, ring them and ask for the potty price
              Potty prices? I put my bets on last night so not going in again anyway, 7/2 I'm on at.

The one you posted in the BBV last night Caf into 2/1 now.

Opr
              Cliffs on the race would be good if you're watching it please, just realised I won't get to see it either.

Comment

Frankel can bet beaten. Any horse can.

Comment

Still got it.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                    Maybe with 3 legs. What a horse! Too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      Frankel finally going off at a price that justifies his almost invincible status.
                      what a fucking hero my god he just gets better and better

Comment

He looked even stronger behind the saddle in the pre-parade ring.

Comment

This is erroneous information.

Comment

Shameful talk from someone with that username!

Comment

A bit sick that Little Bridge won. I picked it last night but switched to Hamish McGonagall.

Comment

St James Palace Stakes 15:45

€15 at 25 Lucayan.
                                fwiw in 1992 I had £20 at 25/1 Brief Truce when it won.

Comment

Cliffs on the race would be good if you're watching it please, just realised I won't get to see it either.
                                  Seemed to travel well enough, was in good position on the home stretch but never found anything when the jockey asked him to quicken and finished a distant 4th.

Opr

Comment

Dawn Approach6f Grp2Suspended 5 €20.00 €80.00

He struggled to get on top, lacking acceleration. Looks like a 10f/12f hoss. A big beast.

Comment

Monterey2m4f Hcap 16 €10.00 €150.00

Comment

Seemed to travel well enough, was in good position on the home stretch but never found anything when the jockey asked him to quicken and finished a distant 4th.

Opr
                                        Thanks for that, went off 9/4 too I see.

Dawn Approach gets me the right side of the bookies on the day, true class. The commentary was a bit off imo, although hard to call with the angle, but I don't think Cristoforo Colombo ever hit the front.
                                        Didn't back Gabrial(5th) or Bated Breath(2nd) but both ran well.
                                        Power was a big let down, never got going and Caledonia Lady probably has a big race in her, an impressive 7th imo finishing well, held back in last place throughout.

Leaving this marathon race alone because I want to back half a dozen of them. Going for Dylanbaru @12/1 in the last.

Comment

Opr
                                          He was 5-1 in illhill special this morn.
                                          sickened.. had a treble place special at 14/1 with Sole Power and Dawn approach and power. All I need was him to pip a 3rd. was it a close 4th?, im glad i didnt see it id have been tilted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            Some buzz in Ascot seeing Frankel go Whoosh!
                                            Self-picture wearing top hat and tails plz
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tomorrow Ascot: think the Winsor Forest is one of the races of the meeting. Emulous and Nahrain are both very impressive fillies, like Nahrain at 4's hoping she doesn't need the run.

Layed So You Think in the big one!
                                              Last edited by The Situation; 20-06-12, 00:14.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Emulous 11/4 and Duntle 11/2 to win, singles and a double again.

Comment

just one winner in yesterdays yankee with the mullins team landing the Ascot Stakes @ 8/1

going to try and Solve the Royal Hunt Cup(4.25 ascot),a Handicap over a mile with only 30 runners,with the use of past Statistics,see how this goes

first we need a horse with a weight from 8-8 to 9-5,anything above is 0 from 138,that rules out Invisible Man,King Torus,Fair Trade,Cai Shen,Edinburgh Knight,Rock Critic

a horse that was priced below 14/1 in its last two runs,that rules out Prince Of Johanne,Bridgefield,Field Of Dream,Mabait,Albaqaa,King's Trail.that leaves us with 17 runners

a horse that finished out of the top six, two runs ago rules out Belgian Bill,Man Of Action,Excellent Guest,Stevie Thunder,(interesting to see belgian bill go there)down to 13 now

a jockey with more than 10 rides at the track with a strike rate of more than 5%,rules out Boom And Bust,Justonefortheroad,Brae Hill,Arabian Star,Golden Desert,Capaill Liath
                                                  (*open to correction on the jockey stats,)

anyways that leaves us with just seven runners
                                                  ah horse that has form at ascot rules out Boogie Shoes,Common Touch,Captain Bertie

that leaves us with just four horses
                                                  bonnie brae
                                                  Mull Of Killough
                                                  Dimension
                                                  Trade Storm

stall draw,from 1-6 or 24-30,rules out,Mull Of Killough,Dimension

just two left on the list,
                                                  bonnie brae and trade storm,both have form on the straight track

bonnie brea is priced @ 20/1 & trade storm is priced @ 25/1,going to have a little e/w on both.also did a combo forecast,and tricast with the last 4 horses on the list
                                                  Last edited by amberleaf; 20-06-12, 10:33. Reason: forgot to remove boogie sheos,in the last four!
                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

P.P are doing potty prices on emulous.

you have to ring dial a bet and quote potty price on emulous and get an extra point

eg. 3s in shop you get 4s

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
                                                      P.P are doing potty prices on emulous.

you have to ring dial a bet and quote potty price on emulous and get an extra point

eg. 3s in shop you get 4s
                                                      LOL, I actually thought you were taking the piss yesterday, expecting me to ring up and look like an idiot with these potty prices, so it's just another name for an enhanced bet! FML that's two of my picks that have had potty prices!

How do you find out about which horses they are doing them on?

Comment

Royal Ascot: Wednesday

14:30 Reply
                                                        15:05 Emulous
                                                        15:45 So You Think
                                                        16:25 Brae Hill
                                                        17:00 Sharaarah
                                                        17:35 Kinetica

Comment

my horses knowledge is not existent but i have a double on emulous and so you think as a tip from a friend. looks to be a good bet looking at this thread
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

14:30 Reply
                                                            15:05 Emulous
                                                            15:45 So You Think
                                                            16:25 Brae Hill
                                                            17:00 Sharaarah
                                                            17:35 Kinetica
                                                            took reply brae hill and kinetica on an ew treble for a fiver ew for a laugh. if they all win i get 11000 euro back and ill get ya a pint if i meet ya!c
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I really like the look of Reply in this first one, doing it each way.

So You Think later too.
                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

LOL, I actually thought you were taking the piss yesterday, expecting me to ring up and look like an idiot with these potty prices, so it's just another name for an enhanced bet! FML that's two of my picks that have had potty prices!

How do you find out about which horses they are doing them on?
                                                                ring them and ask them can you recieve emails on potty prices, they email the day of the events, handy for football,golf and horses

Comment

Thats the horse we all wanted to see. Woohoo.
                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

oops

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                      just one winner in yesterdays yankee with the mullins team landing the Ascot Stakes @ 8/1

going to try and Solve the Royal Hunt Cup(4.25 ascot),a Handicap over a mile with only 30 runners,with the use of past Statistics,see how this goes

first we need a horse with a weight from 8-8 to 9-5,anything above is 0 from 138,that rules out Invisible Man,King Torus,Fair Trade,Cai Shen,Edinburgh Knight,Rock Critic

a horse that was priced below 14/1 in its last two runs,that rules out Prince Of Johanne,Bridgefield,Field Of Dream,Mabait,Albaqaa,King's Trail.that leaves us with 17 runners

a horse that finished out of the top six, two runs ago rules out Belgian Bill,Man Of Action,Excellent Guest,Stevie Thunder,(interesting to see belgian bill go there)down to 13 now

a jockey with more than 10 rides at the track with a strike rate of more than 5%,rules out Boom And Bust,Justonefortheroad,Brae Hill,Arabian Star,Golden Desert,Capaill Liath
                                                                      (*open to correction on the jockey stats,)

anyways that leaves us with just seven runners
                                                                      ah horse that has form at ascot rules out Boogie Shoes,Common Touch,Captain Bertie

that leaves us with just four horses
                                                                      bonnie brae
                                                                      Mull Of Killough
                                                                      Dimension
                                                                      Trade Storm

stall draw,from 1-6 or 24-30,rules out,Mull Of Killough,Dimension

just two left on the list,
                                                                      bonnie brae and trade storm,both have form on the straight track

bonnie brea is priced @ 20/1 & trade storm is priced @ 25/1,going to have a little e/w on both.also did a combo forecast,and tricast with the last 4 horses on the list
                                                                      well that went well,bonnie brae finished a very unlucky 20th,and trade storm back in 27th

i see irish trainer pj gilligan has two out in Ffos LAS,both worth looking at imo.ROVING LAD in the first and Wellforth in the 7.45.
                                                                      in ascot 3.05 the welds horse looks Intresting,Princess Highway is into 6/1 from 8/1 this morning
                                                                      and the last in leopardstown sticking with Missunited @ 6/1,think this could run a good race here,also had a entry for limerick tomorrow,but is taking its chance here.

3.05 ascot Princess Highway @6/1
                                                                      6.05 ffos las roving lad @7/4
                                                                      7.45 ffos las wellforth @8/1
                                                                      9.05 leopardstown missunited @ 6/1
                                                                      fiver yankee pays the bones of 10k,if they all romp home
                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

well that went well,bonnie brae finished a very unlucky 20th,and trade storm back in 27th

i see irish trainer pj gilligan has two out in Ffos LAS,both worth looking at imo.ROVING LAD in the first and Wellforth in the 7.45.
                                                                        in ascot 3.05 the welds horse looks Intresting,Princess Highway is into 6/1 from 8/1 this morning
                                                                        and the last in leopardstown sticking with Missunited @ 6/1,think this could run a good race here,also had a entry for limerick tomorrow,but is taking its chance here.

dont let me put you of or anything but shirocco star is one of my big bets for the day in the 3,05 ascot best of luck with this bet

Comment

Emulous 11/4 and Duntle 11/2 to win, singles and a double again.
                                                                          Nice day with Duntle winning.

Did a treble last night on the first 3 favs since the doubles haven't been working out for me.. Cay Verde, The Fugue and Fame and Glory which came to 24/1. But with the rain overnight I see The Fugue has drifted.

Comment

I like the Fugue @5/2. Ran a decent race in the 1000g on what was probably worse ground than it will be at Ascot today. Thought Buick left her with too much to do in the Oaks(not helped by trouble in running) and the best horse didn't win that day.
                                                                            Last edited by The Situation; 21-06-12, 12:03.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

MBS on PP if your selection finishes second to Fugee FYI.

Comment

I like the Fugue @5/2. Ran a decent race in the 1000g on what was probably worse ground than it will be at Ascot today. Thought Buick left her with too much to do in the Oaks(not helped by trouble in running) and the best horse didn't win that day.
                                                                                i have to agree with this but with hughie morrison having a 26% strike rate in this race its hard to back against him

Comment

I like Vow in the Ribblesdale. I think she will appreciate the step up in trip and the ground isn't a worry as she won on soft on debut. Obv. going to back that in PP as I think theres only the one that can beat her and thats The Fugue.

My Nap of the day(don't have one too often) is Saddlers Rock in the Gold Cup each way. I've checked the forecast and its raining all day over there. Fame and Glory has never won on soft ground and Oxx's charge will relish it I think and is sure to get the trip. I think these two are a long way ahead of the rest.

In the King George V I really like Gabriel the Great who has impressed on soft ground which I think is certain by the time this race is ran. Hugh Taylor has a 3 point nap in this race on the favourite which is Nicholascopernicus which really does look good but I don't like Nicky Mackay who takes over from William Buick due to the light weight.

Comment

Jim McGrath is hopeless at commentating on a tight finish(wasnt even that tight).
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Jim McGrath is hopeless at commentating on a tight finish(wasnt even that tight).
                                                                                      ha ha true first winner on the cards for me hopefully its a really good day

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                        I like Vow in the Ribblesdale. I think she will appreciate the step up in trip and the ground isn't a worry as she won on soft on debut. Obv. going to back that in PP as I think theres only the one that can beat her and thats The Fugue.

My Nap of the day(don't have one too often) is Saddlers Rock in the Gold Cup each way. I've checked the forecast and its raining all day over there. Fame and Glory has never won on soft ground and Oxx's charge will relish it I think and is sure to get the trip. I think these two are a long way ahead of the rest.

In the King George V I really like Gabriel the Great who has impressed on soft ground which I think is certain by the time this race is ran. Hugh Taylor has a 3 point nap in this race on the favourite which is Nicholascopernicus which really does look good but I don't like Nicky Mackay who takes over from William Buick due to the light weight.
                                                                                        F&G won on heavy on debut and soft in his first group race. Last years gold cup(3 lengths win) was on good to soft, the same as the going is today on the round course. Saddlers rock never won on soft!
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

its not soft ground its good to soft and fame and glory has bet opinion poll by an easy 3 lenghts on this ground

Comment

F&G won on heavy on debut and soft in his first group race. Last years gold cup(3 lengths win) was on good to soft, the same as the going is today on the round course. Saddlers rock never won on soft!
                                                                                            I forgot to check back past 2010. And if you want to believe the ground is still good/soft so be it but its been raining there all day long so I don't see how it can stay that way. I never said Saddler's Rock won on soft ground, I think he will relish it though.

Comment

Vow wasn't stepping up in trip either

Comment

Ascot Friday

one time; preferably two times

€10 treble PP
                                                                                                15:45 fallen for you 9/1
                                                                                                16:25 french navy 12/1
                                                                                                17:00 estimate 4/1

€10 accumulator PP
                                                                                                14:30 newfangled 9/4

€10 Betfair singles
                                                                                                14:30 newfangled (3.35); 15:05 astrology (2.28); 15:45 fallen for you (15); 16:25 french navy (20); 17:00 estimate (5.8)

Comment

first nibble of the day,Sendmylovetorose @ 16/1 in the 2.30 ascot,looked impressive in navan a few weeks ago,all be it over 5 furlongs but did run on strongly winning by 5.5 lgts,will have to improve but from the one run is obviously going the right way,stable also in good form

in down royal 7.25 bondage @ 20/1,recent form is very poor but did win three in a row this time last year,and after reading gordon elliotts blog seems to think a little improvement could be on the way
                                                                                                  worth a tenner e/w double for me anyways

had a good start yesterday with princess highway winning @ 17/2,roving lad was pulled up and wellforth finished 3rd,missunited was pulled out,might be worth having a look early next week.
                                                                                                  Last edited by amberleaf; 22-06-12, 09:44.
                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

first nibble of the day,Sendmylovetorose @ 16/1 in the 2.30 ascot,looked impressive in navan a few weeks ago,all be it over 5 furlongs but did run on strongly winning by 5.5 lgts,will have to improve but from the one run is obviously going the right way,stable also in good form

in down royal 7.25 bondage @ 20/1,recent form is very poor but did win three in a row this time last year,and after reading gordon elliotts blog seems to think a little improvement could be on the way
                                                                                                    worth a tenner e/w double for me anyways
                                                                                                    i have a big tip for tomor pm me if you want it

Comment

Newfangled and Samitar. Singles and double, need a good day to save week.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Nice day with Duntle winning.

Did a treble last night on the first 3 favs since the doubles haven't been working out for me.. Cay Verde, The Fugue and Fame and Glory which came to 24/1. But with the rain overnight I see The Fugue has drifted.
                                                                                                        ^^^LOL! Also went to the pub for the races and backed at least one loser in every race to bring it to a losing week overall.

Docofthebay in the last e/w @20/1, always consistent in these big field handicaps and 5 places paid helps.

What a mess at the stalls in this 1st race!

Comment

one time; preferably two times

€10 treble PP

€10 accumulator PP
                                                                                                          14:30 newfangled 9/4

€10 Betfair singles
                                                                                                          14:30 newfangled (3.35); 15:05 astrology (2.28); 15:45 fallen for you (15); 16:25 french navy (20); 17:00 estimate (5.8)
                                                                                                          This evening I will mostly be sticking pins in an effigy of French Navy.

Comment

Ascot Saturday

€20 win accumulator PP
                                                                                                            15:05 Sea Moon 3/1
                                                                                                            16:25 Maarek 10/1
                                                                                                            17:00 Anatolian 10/1
                                                                                                            17:35 Overturn 10/3

€10 win singles Betfair
                                                                                                            14:30 Move To Strike 2.72
                                                                                                            15:05 Sea Moon 4.2
                                                                                                            15:45 Black Caviar 1.25
                                                                                                            16:25 Maarek 13
                                                                                                            17:00 Anatolian 12.5
                                                                                                            17:35 Overturn 4.8

Comment

1)Th'air
                                                                                                              2)Aiken
                                                                                                              3)Black Caviar
                                                                                                              4)High Standing
                                                                                                              5)License to till
                                                                                                              6)Simonen

31,371/1 accum

Comment

1)Th'air
                                                                                                                2)Aiken
                                                                                                                3)Black Caviar
                                                                                                                4)High Standing
                                                                                                                5)License to till
                                                                                                                6)Simonen

31,371/1 accum
                                                                                                                bit of money for this 5s to 7/2 a good bit of it is mine €200 @ 9/2

Comment

My god New Approach's schlong will be expensive after Ascot.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    New Approach going to have some impact as a Stallion imo.
                                                                                                                    Th'air makes it 3 winners this week at Ascot out of New Approach. Also another was an impressive 2nd at Leop on Thursday. Serious crop of offspring.

Comment

Like Mempiss Tennessee back(11/2) to lay in running about Evs. Think he'll likely try to make all but a good chance he gets gobbled up by 1 or 2 in the last furlong.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                                        bit of money for this 5s to 7/2 a good bit of it is mine €200 @ 9/2
                                                                                                                        ya hope he wins for ya. I was thinming Aiken + Dunaden in a forecast... but not ging to bother with it there about 5 horses that could win.
                                                                                                                        i cant pick a winner. so i put €1 e/w on calico cat at 40/1

Comment

Come on Black Caviar. Make Frankel look like a handicapper.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X