No announcement yet.

Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frazer patrick now 5-5. he should have been coming back today at least 6-3 up and not 5-4. Needs to dig deep now.

Ashley played his 1st session this morning and comes back tonight level at 4-4.

Comment

8-6 up now after being 6-5 down. Heres hoping we dont stutter as the winning line approaches!!

Comment

sweet, he wins 10-6, so no sweat TG. Good start to the c/ships anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
          sweet, he wins 10-6, so no sweat TG. Good start to the c/ships anyway.
          Swail 4/6 vs Advani any value at 5-4 after 1st session?

Comment

Cheers Connie lumped on that bet blindly after your snooker proformances in the syndicate.

Comment

Astley in trouble tonite. Lost 4 in a row to go 8-4 down.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                Swail 4/6 vs Advani any value at 5-4 after 1st session?
                Nobody gave Joe a chance before this match started. Advani has been very impressive all season.

Edited to say, just checked, swail is 7-5 down now but on a break in the 13th.
                Last edited by connie147; 07-04-13, 19:59.

Comment

7-6 now. Id love to see Joe win it, but I doubt he'll outplay Advani. But if it goes to a final frame, Joe should have an advantage as he has a good record in the WC where-as Advani has never made it to the championships.

Joe available at 2/1 now.

Comment

Astley loses 10-8, Joe Swail 9-8 ahead and 30 points ahead in 18th frame.

Comment

The next round of the WC qualifiers starts tomorrow morning, and there is a gem of a bet on offer. Adam Duffy plays Joe Swail. Swail is an even money chance most places, but 6/5 on bet365. If I was having to take bets on this match, I'd be making swail 1/2 or 2/5, so needless to say, I think the 6/5 is absolutely huge.

Duffy played 26 matches in the last 12 months as a professional, all qualifiers trying to get to the final stages of the ranking events and 1st rounds of the PTC's. His record is 5 wins and 21 losses and remember, none of these matches were against top name pros.

We all know how Joe Swail grows a foot taller come the world championships. He beat Pankash Advani yesterday which was a fantastic result as Advani was expected to go close to making it through to the crucible this year. Joe dropped off the main tour last year but is intent on getting back on next season. Still, he played 35 matches on the pro circuit this season, winning an impressive 24 of them. Even last month at the PTC finals in galway, he defeated the in form Steven maguire in the last 32.

So close to qualifying for the Crucible, I honestly cannot see anything but a comfortable win for Joe Swail.
                      Last edited by connie147; 08-04-13, 20:34.

Comment

Cheers Connie, that looks like Gold to me especially with your track record. Any thoughts on why Barry Pinches is only 4/5 to beat Liam Highfield? I know nothing about Liam nor am i up to speed on Barry's season.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Cheers Connie, that looks like Gold to me especially with your track record. Any thoughts on why Barry Pinches is only 4/5 to beat Liam Highfield? I know nothing about Liam nor am i up to speed on Barry's season.
                          Hi Tony,
                          Barry Pinches is a decent player, but it seems that nowadays, he has success when he plays a players with similar style to himself (as in a ken Doherty/Alan Mcmanus/Joe Perry type. He seems to struggle against the attacking young players, and Highfield is one of them. Highfield was 4-0 down in the last round before he found his feet, and then played well to come through, so that match could go either way.

If you wanted to have a double or something tomorrow, you could try Ian Burns (4/5 bet365) who looks good to me against Yu Delu (Delu only won 2 matches all year) and Alfie Burden to beat Davison (8/15 bet 365) who scores very heavily.

Comment

Cheers Connie. On Swail and think will jump on that double too. Thanks

Comment

I see Jimmy White got a 10-7 under his belt yesterday. Just the 1 break over 50 for him tho, but that was a 130 in the 16th frame. Not sure he has enough in the tank to beat Xiao Guodong tho. He hasn't been ranked this high in 7 seasons, so hoping he can get 1 last game in the Crucible. Go on Jimmy (and Joe Swail today!)

Comment

If you wanted to have a double or something tomorrow, you could try Ian Burns (4/5 bet365) who looks good to me against Yu Delu (Delu only won 2 matches all year) .
                                Didn't do this in the end, but Delu is crushing Burns. Started less than an hour and he's 3 up and back in balls in the 4th on a 48 break with 91 remaining. Every time i checked, he was on a big frame winning break and finished the job. Looks impressive from what i can see from the live updates

Comment

Didn't do this in the end, but Delu is crushing Burns. Started less than an hour and he's 3 up and back in balls in the 4th on a 48 break with 91 remaining. Every time i checked, he was on a big frame winning break and finished the job. Looks impressive from what i can see from the live updates
                                  have to live in hope!! Thankfully its best of 19 so plenty time to recover. Swail 3-1 down too.

Comment

have to live in hope!! Thankfully its best of 19 so plenty time to recover. Swail 3-1 down too.
                                    Swail was 55 up in the last, and well ahead in the one before. Get it together Joe!

Comment

Any stream for this or even text updates?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                        Any stream for this or even text updates?

Opr

Comment

Comment

Ya that's what I've been following. Cheers! Firstrow have 3 links but Swail's match not on any at the minute.

Comment

Ya that's what I've been following. Cheers! Firstrow have 3 links but Swail's match not on any at the minute.
                                              Usually if you have a bet with Bet365, you can watch the event on the site. Not sure they are covering the qualifying rounds tho.

Comment

Swail came back this evening 5-4 down, went 5-5, lost the next and then won again to go 6-6. Hopefully he can win the 13th frame before their 15 min break and get his nose in front.

Comment

Getting tense now, might lay some off if Swail wins this set.

Comment

Getting tense now, might lay some off if Swail wins this set.
                                                    34 points up and 35 on the table. They've been playing this last red for fuckin ages!!

Comment

7-6 to the good!!!

Comment

7-5 now, little bit of breathing space. 8-6 i should have said.

Comment

9-6 Connie. On the hill, GL!

Comment

Good man Connie - absolution is given for the Hendry jetlag debacle last year :-)

Comment

Cheers Connie!

Comment

Delighted!! I the WC best of 19 matches. Cant get em all right, but theres always a better chance of coming out the right side in these marathons. Experience of these kinda matches counts for so much.

Comment

Hi Tony,
                                                                  Barry Pinches is a decent player, but it seems that nowadays, he has success when he plays a players with similar style to himself (as in a ken Doherty/Alan Mcmanus/Joe Perry type. He seems to struggle against the attacking young players, and Highfield is one of them. Highfield was 4-0 down in the last round before he found his feet, and then played well to come through, so that match could go either way.

If you wanted to have a double or something tomorrow, you could try Ian Burns (4/5 bet365) who looks good to me against Yu Delu (Delu only won 2 matches all year) and Alfie Burden to beat Davison (8/15 bet 365) who scores very heavily.
                                                                  hey connie

I had a nice bet on Swail thanks to Tony passing on your advice
                                                                  cheers connie that's 2 for 2 with me limping on the college basketball tip a few weeks back

:-)

Comment

Hey Connie, great work so far.

I really like that Norweigan Maflin who's playing Davis but never got around to asking about it. Having a look at tomorrow's game, are we going against Swail this time around? He's playing Joyce who's best priced 8/13. He looks to be in pretty good form.

Looking at who knocked him out of tournaments since November, it's Fu, Maguire, Trump, Doherty, Burnett, Maguire, Carter, Williams and Trump and he's had some wins over Mark Allen twice, Judd Trump and a couple of other top 32 players in that time. 33 wins from 53 matches this season. You think he'll have too much for Swail tomorrow?

Also looking at McManus to beat Bond today at Evens in this afternoons game.

Bond beat Selby back in August 4-2 but it doesn't like he's beaten anyone of note (top 32ish) any other time this season. His record is showing 28 wins and 19 loses this season but 7 of those were for his win in the Seniors Worlds in October and another 3 came from 1 frame shootouts. He's at his lowest World rank as a pro for the last 15+ years. He hasn't qualified the last 3 years. He lost to Cao Yupeng 10-7 in the qualifiers last year, 10-9 to Andrew Pagett the year before and 10-4 to Martin Gould the year before that.

McManus is also at his lowest World rank in 15 years, but he's won 31 fro 51 this season and on the back of a QF run in the Welsh Open losing to Maguire. He loves the long matches and just scraped over the line 10-9 against Mehta in the last round compiling just 2 x 50+ breaks. He hasn't made the Crucible in 6 years so he'll be so hungry. McManus v Bond could go on forever but i like Evens on McManus and the over 17 frames @ 13/8

Comment

Going McManus/Joyce and a treble on Drago/Wembo/Lawlor for giggles

Comment

All the underdogs doing well (Wembo was the only favourite i backed)

Drago is 5-4 up
                                                                        Wenbo is 7-2 up

Other 2 games still in play but McManus 5-2 up and Lawlor is 6-2 up so hoping it continues that way!

Comment

Hey Connie, great work so far.

I really like that Norweigan Maflin who's playing Davis but never got around to asking about it. Having a look at tomorrow's game, are we going against Swail this time around? He's playing Joyce who's best priced 8/13. He looks to be in pretty good form.

Looking at who knocked him out of tournaments since November, it's Fu, Maguire, Trump, Doherty, Burnett, Maguire, Carter, Williams and Trump and he's had some wins over Mark Allen twice, Judd Trump and a couple of other top 32 players in that time. 33 wins from 53 matches this season. You think he'll have too much for Swail tomorrow?

Also looking at McManus to beat Bond today at Evens in this afternoons game.

Bond beat Selby back in August 4-2 but it doesn't like he's beaten anyone of note (top 32ish) any other time this season. His record is showing 28 wins and 19 loses this season but 7 of those were for his win in the Seniors Worlds in October and another 3 came from 1 frame shootouts. He's at his lowest World rank as a pro for the last 15+ years. He hasn't qualified the last 3 years. He lost to Cao Yupeng 10-7 in the qualifiers last year, 10-9 to Andrew Pagett the year before and 10-4 to Martin Gould the year before that.

McManus is also at his lowest World rank in 15 years, but he's won 31 fro 51 this season and on the back of a QF run in the Welsh Open losing to Maguire. He loves the long matches and just scraped over the line 10-9 against Mehta in the last round compiling just 2 x 50+ breaks. He hasn't made the Crucible in 6 years so he'll be so hungry. McManus v Bond could go on forever but i like Evens on McManus and the over 17 frames @ 13/8
                                                                          Hi Tony,
                                                                          I had a look ar tomorrows games, and really, theres nothing standout Id put up. I give Joe a chance in that match tbh, but where-as yesterday Id have been advocating a max bet on Joe at 6/5, its not nearly as clearcut tomorrow and he's only 13/10, so no bet advised. I think it needs to be remembered that this WC is a marathon over nearly 4 weeks total, and we dont have to find a bet every day.

I will be having a fun bet Thursday, two singles and a double, and I have picked a couple of outsiders that I think have a decent chance. Yu De Lu must have a great chance against jamie Burnett. Yu De Lu has in on him in head to heads, he's also on a high after 2 good wins here in the last week (played very well against Ian Burns while Burnett is coming in here following 7 straight defeats. Lu must be value here.
                                                                          2nd pick is Liam Highfield against jamie Jones. This is a bit risky as Jones was supposed to be one of the "hot-shots" coming through last year. But he has lost his way totally this season and has failed to shine. The world qualifiers is a tough place to be trying to "find" your game, so Im going with highfield who came through a terrific match against the very capable barry Pinches, and held his nerve well in a final frame decider. 11/10 seems fair enough to me.

As for Maflin, I agree with whar you were saying (not aftertiming, lol, I actually rang nicnicnic advising a punt on him at 4/6). I didnt put him up here as he was 4/6 and normally if I do advise a bet, its normally an even money chance or better, and we were just after a nice win on Swail, so didnt want to come immediately back on with a 4/6 shot.
                                                                          Last edited by connie147; 11-04-13, 01:20.

Comment

Connie, Any views on Harold V Burden? I've seen it posted elsewhere that they prices should be reversed with Burden as the fav.

Burden is a talent who is rising through the rankings and a heavy scorer. Harold is falling through the rankings and should get out-gunned notwithstanding a good tactical game. Burden is 11/10, Harold 4/5 best. Prices are the wrong way round imo.
                                                                            Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                              Connie, Any views on Harold V Burden? I've seen it posted elsewhere that they prices should be reversed with Burden as the fav.

Opr

Unless its against a proven player, Id be very slow to back against dave Harold. He's tough as granite and can score heavily.(maybe not make a lot of centuries, but can win frames in one visit). but whats more important is I think this will be a close enough match, and in close frames, harold gets my vote over Burden. He's not short of bottle.

Other things to consider, they have met 5 times in their careers, and Harold has won 4 of them, including the last 2 in 2012. They met once in the world championships qualifiers, and Harrold won 10-5. If I was making someone fav for the match, it would be Dave Harold.

prediction 10-7 Harold

Comment

I will be having a fun bet Thursday, two singles and a double, and I have picked a couple of outsiders that I think have a decent chance. Yu De Lu must have a great chance against jamie Burnett. Yu De Lu has in on him in head to heads, he's also on a high after 2 good wins here in the last week (played very well against Ian Burns while Burnett is coming in here following 7 straight defeats. Lu must be value here.
                                                                                2nd pick is Liam Highfield against jamie Jones. This is a bit risky as Jones was supposed to be one of the "hot-shots" coming through last year. But he has lost his way totally this season and has failed to shine. The world qualifiers is a tough place to be trying to "find" your game, so Im going with highfield who came through a terrific match against the very capable barry Pinches, and held his nerve well in a final frame decider. 11/10 seems fair enough to me.
                                                                                Highfield behind pretty much all the way in this game. Just lost a blackball game to go 5-3 down. Hopefully he can take the last to go 5-4 into the next session. Delu, like his last match, raced in a 4-0 lead and it's back to 4-3 with Delu 40 up in the next.

Joyce/Swail and Burden/Harold trading frames with Joyce 4-3 up and Burden 4-2 up

Comment

Highfield behind pretty much all the way in this game. Just lost a blackball game to go 5-3 down. Hopefully he can take the last to go 5-4 into the next session. Delu, like his last match, raced in a 4-0 lead and it's back to 4-3 with Delu 40 up in the next.

Joyce/Swail and Burden/Harold trading frames with Joyce 4-3 up and Burden 4-2 up
                                                                                  Highfield great comeback to 8-8 now.

Swail great comeback to 6-7 down from 6-3 down.

Delu 7-6 up.

Harold/Burden close as I thought.(7-7) Think Harold will squeeze it.

Comment

Highfield great comeback to 8-8 now.

Swail great comeback to 6-7 down from 6-3 down.

Delu 7-6 up.

Harold/Burden close as I thought.(7-7) Think Harold will squeeze it.
                                                                                    Yeah Highfield playing well from what i'm reading and 9-8 up. Have him backed with Delu. Almost all of these games on the go, can go either way.

Drago let me down in my other bet, although Lawlor was 8-3 up and now only 9-8 (after is was back to 8-8)

Comment

Highfield over the line

Comment

Delu there too wp connie
                                                                                        48

Comment

Hi Tony,
                                                                                          I had a look ar tomorrows games, and really, theres nothing standout Id put up. I give Joe a chance in that match tbh, but where-as yesterday Id have been advocating a max bet on Joe at 6/5, its not nearly as clearcut tomorrow and he's only 13/10, so no bet advised. I think it needs to be remembered that this WC is a marathon over nearly 4 weeks total, and we dont have to find a bet every day.

As for Maflin, I agree with whar you were saying (not aftertiming, lol, I actually rang nicnicnic advising a punt on him at 4/6). I didnt put him up here as he was 4/6 and normally if I do advise a bet, its normally an even money chance or better, and we were just after a nice win on Swail, so didnt want to come immediately back on with a 4/6 shot.

Well thats the double up now that Yu De Lu just won 10-6

No snooker tomorrow as they are recovering the tables before the last play off round on Saturday. Just 16 matches left in the qualifiers now. I'll be having a look at them and I'll post up itomorrow if I have some firm views on any of them Saturday/Sunday matches

Comment

your snooker knowledge & anaylisis is top notch connie.
                                                                                            tip of the hat to you sir. wp

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                                                              your snooker knowledge & anaylisis is top notch connie.
                                                                                              tip of the hat to you sir. wp
                                                                                              Thanks, but you know yourself, you need a bit of luck as well in sportsbetting. had a 10-9 up there earlier (highfield) to help bring up the double, and sure that could have gone either way being a last frame shootout. Luckily we're off to a good start in this years c/ship and have a bit of ammo to fire at them over the next few weeks.

I get certain snippets of information that comes in handy that the regular punter mightnt hear as I know quite a few of the lads (as in a player using a new cue due to his own being lost by an airline). That kinda information is priceless but not always profitable as i had a sizeable bet 2 years ago against a player that I knew had broken his cue a couple of days before a ranking match and had to play with a new cue he had no feel at all for. Unfortunately, his opponnent wasnt able to capatalise on his many misses, so the bet went down. The plus side to that is one of the bets I put up this week saw a 1/2 shot losing and we were with the outsider, but I knew from the fav's camp that he was absolutely shattered confidence wise, and was not in good shape for the battle. Snooker is a game of confidence, so he was an easy fav to oppose. Win some/lose some I guess.

Anyway, long may the snooker gods stay with us!!!! I must keep reminding myself not to post anything in the BBV!!!

Comment

Looking ahead to the Final Qualifying Round, let's see if Connie can find us any value in Saturdays games

Andrew Higginson (8/13) v Michael White (11/8)

White managed 2 centuries and 5 x 50+ breaks in his 10-5 win over Zhang. He's had an average season but hasn't beaten any top ranked players in quite a while. Higginson is up to NUmber 18 in the World and knocking on the top 16. He's done nothing of note this season with just 2 last 16 finishes. He made it to the Crucible last year beating Peter Lines 10-4 in the final qualifier and then beat Stephen Lee 10-6 before losing out to Jamie Jones in the last 16. Don't see any real reason to think there's value in either player

Fergal OBrien (2) v Jack Lisowski (4/9)

Lisowski turned pro 3 years ago and there seems to be a bit of a buzz about it. He's had a decent season but not sure if he warrants a 4/9 v Fergal here. He beat Wattana quite comfortable 10-4 in the first round knocking in a century and 7 other 50+ breaks. Fergal hasn't had much to shout about this season, although he has knocked in 14 centuries which is more than he managed any other season as a pro so he's making more frame winning clearances. He's a real dogged performer and will grind players down. He's only made it to the Crucible once in the last 5 seasons (losing out to Robertson in the 1st round). Not sure if he'll beat Lisowkski but i think it's closer than 4/9 against.

Jamie Cope (1/8) v Dechawat Poomjaeng (10/29)

The above is Betfair prices. Can't seem to find any pricing on this game anywhere for some reason. Not on Oddschecker and checked Boyles, PP and WH

Cope has had a miserable season winning only 22 of 41 matches. He's dropped as low as he;s been in the World Ranks in 6 years and not made it past the last 16 of a tournament and managed just 8 centuries this season. He has got to the last 16 of the Worlds twice in the last 4 years and narrowly missed out losing 13-12 to Higgins in 2009. The Thai's are always tough matches, and Poomjaeng made short work of Hamilton 10-4 in the previous round. It's his 4th qualifying round after beating Leslie 10-4 and Chang 10-9. Possible wager on Poomjaeng for a sweat if Cope is a big priced favourite.

Marco Fu (4/9) v David Gilbert (2)

I just fancy a Marco Fu win quite comfortably. Fu has won 51 of 81 matches this season making a final, a semi and a couple of quarters. 44 centuries this season alone is his highest by far as a pro. Can't see Gilbert doing anything to stop him.

Michael Holt (3/13) v Mark Joyce (10/29)

Again, the game isn't priced up yet due to the late finish in the Joyce/Swail game.

No real thoughts on this one tbh. I like backing against Holt though because i think he's ok when he's ahead but has temperamental issues when behind in matches so i never fancy him. Hopefully Joyce carries on from beating Swail and does a job on Holt too. Holt hasn't made it to the Crucible in the last 2 years losing to Dominic Dale and Luca Brecil along the way in his last 2 attempts.

Ryan Day (7/10) v Ben Woollaston (13/10)

Woollaston is a good player but this is a tough game. He's won 37 matches this season from 60 and has reached 5 minor QFs. He's on the back of a 10-3 win from his previous game and i think he'll provide Day with a good game.. Day has a 37-36 record for this season, but not really made any shockwaves. He beat Ding in the UK's and has a win over Trump but he absolutely loves the Crucible. He's played the last 7 years and has 3 QF's incl last year. Think Day will win this one.

Ken Doherty (8/13) v Matthew Selt (11/8)

Will leave this one to Connie because he'll defo know more than me.

Mark Davis (10/11) v Liang Wenbo (10/11)

Like the bookies, i think this a close one but i'd favour Davis. Wenbo has had a good season and lost out to Higgins 10-9 in the first round last year after being 8-6 up. He's due a good spin in a big tournament. Davis has had a good run this season with 3 SF's losing to the eventual winner each time (incl Selby in the UK's) Could be a good game this one.

Tom Ford (1/2) v Alan McManus (7/4)

McManus has given me a good sweat this year already and will be doing so again. I like the 7/4 price but won't be lumping on. Macker has a 10-9 and 10-8 win this week already so he's played a lot and i don't think it will take a strain on him. It's been 6 years since he qualified so he's due! Ford is on a high this season and up to 26 in the World. He's reached 1 SF, but in his only meeting with McManus, the Scot came out on top 5-3 this season.

Comment

The Cope and Holt prices are typos.
                                                                                                  I like Woollaston, Day seems a reluctant player these days. I believe he is a slave to the job and doesnt like the game at this stage but cant get out and read something a while back where he insinuated this. He's also a shocking bottler and often no shower during some games at times this season especially. But the bottling only comes out more when hes in a decent position against better players. Surprised to see he has as as good a record as that actually.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                    The Cope and Holt prices are typos.
                                                                                                    I like Woollaston, Day seems a reluctant player these days. I believe he is a slave to the job and doesnt like the game at this stage but cant get out and read something a while back where he insinuated this. He's also a shocking bottler and often no shower during some games at times this season especially. But the bottling only comes out more when hes in a decent position against better players. Surprised to see he has as as good a record as that actually.
                                                                                                    Yeah, not so much typos, but just not priced up. Regularly see if with Betfair prices on Oddschecker. I agree re Day. I've already backed Woollaston in a trixie of underdogs but on closer inspection, i didn't think it was great because Day does tend to shine. Should be a close game tomorrow

Comment

If theres going to be a blow out its Liang Wenbo to smash Mark Davis. Davis seems empty recently and low on confidence and Wenbo if flairy. Clash of styles and im definately taking Wenbo here.

Comment

Fu
                                                                                                        Doherty
                                                                                                        Ebdon
                                                                                                        Day

Accum pays nearly 7/1

Fu & Day should win relatively comfortably, Doherty and Ebdon's experience will count for a lot in their games...
                                                                                                        "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Ebdon has had a shocker of a season. Probably his worst since turning pro and is at his lowest rank in 20 years. One final appearance was back at the start of the season and hasn't made it past the last 32 since. He's lost his last 10 matches and 15 of his last 16. Winning 16 of his 42 matches and bagging only 4 centuries all season is just really poor.

On the other hand, Maflin has just beaten Davis 10-7, and has a lot of decent wins under his belt this season. 20 centuries (2 in a game v Ebdon that he won) including a 147 this season means i think he has a great chance at beating Ebdon and i don't think experience will count for enough (as it didn't with Davis)

Comment

Im not having any serious bet in these last qualifying rounds. I will be doing a yankee that i fancy, but theres no fancy prices.

1--Marcus Cambell to beat Liam Highfield. (1/2) I think this is the match that i would consider a "given". Cambell is in great shape, and I expect a comfortable win here.

2--Jack Lisowski to beat Fergal.(4/9) I hate tipping against the Irish players, but I just think Lisowski will have too much power for fergal.

3--liang Wenbo (5/6) against Mark Davis. In super form in the last round, I think Wenbo will have too much game for mark Davis, who although a fine player, is a constant underachiever. Mark Davis is also in the unusual position of being the 1st player ever in the World Rankings top 16 that doesnt go straight to the crucible. That is because Ronnie as Holder became the number 1 seed for the tournament, and hence shoving davis down to number 17 seed just for this event. So having to qualify here is a huge extra pressure for Davis here,

4--Michael Holt to beat mark Joyce (8/13). Hitman Holt is an enigma. Full of talent, he always lives on the edge. He seems to have learned how to control his emotions at the table though, and if he brings his usual game with him, he should come through this test against Joyce,

Alan McManus (13/8), Michael White (11/8) are the 2 underdogs Id give a decent chance to qualify for the crucible.

The rest are just too close to call imho. I reckon there will be a lot of close matches with so much at stake.

Comment

Holt is 8-0 up on Joyce and back in the balls in the 9th
                                                                                                              Wollaston 5-3 up and White 6-3 up
                                                                                                              Fergal let a 3-1 lead slip to trail 6-3 after the 1st session
                                                                                                              Poomjaeng 7-1 up on Cope and i never got a bet on

Comment

McManus and Davis 4-2 up, Ken disappointingly 4-1 down. Gould 2-1 up on Lawlor but snooker needed in the 4th. Gould -3.5 @ 13/10 is what i'm sweating in that one

Comment

Sweating the live updates is great fun!

Woollaston 67 up with 67 left in the deciding frame and he just broke down and Day sunk a red and the comeback is on!

Edit, must be a little behind because Day has gone 1/2 in most places

Edit - Woollaston gone 1/5 weeeeeeeee
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Flushdraw; 13-04-13, 21:38.

Comment

Lisowski played 5 of the best frames I've ever seen played against Fergal with an avalanche of breaks from nowhere (2 tons, 2 80's and a 60). At 3-1 ahead the mid-session break came at a bad time for Fergal and on the restart Lisowski was awesome. Fergal did nothing wrong and potted only a couple of balls in the 5 frames. Such is the standard of the game these days. Lisowski is an impressive player, a little raw around the edges but huge potential, I was impressed with his overall play.

Fergal had chances this evening when Lisowski had the finish line in sight (he's never qualified for the crucible before) but couldn't put enough pressure on him.

Disappointing for Fergal as he's playing really well but the better man won on the day without doubt.

Comment

Never seen Cope playing as bad, he was woeful, he's all over the place.

There was more mistakes in nearly every frame of this match than in the whole of Fergal & Lisowski's match (tables were side by side so I got to see pretty much all of this).

Comment

Shame for Fergal to run into a man in form. Are you staying over there to catch the end of Ken's game or is Fergal too deflated?

I'm sweating McManus today for a double and a trixie, and hoping Ken pulls through for a treble. Also gone big on DeLu v King. There's 13/8 available and i think the price is just too big. If he sticks to form and races into an early lead in first 4 frames, you can back King to freeroll the bet.

Comment

Im not having any serious bet in these last qualifying rounds. I will be doing a yankee that i fancy, but theres no fancy prices.

1--Marcus Cambell to beat Liam Highfield. (1/2) I think this is the match that i would consider a "given". Cambell is in great shape, and I expect a comfortable win here.

2--Jack Lisowski to beat Fergal.(4/9) I hate tipping against the Irish players, but I just think Lisowski will have too much power for fergal.

3--liang Wenbo (5/6) against Mark Davis. In super form in the last round, I think Wenbo will have too much game for mark Davis, who although a fine player, is a constant underachiever. Mark Davis is also in the unusual position of being the 1st player ever in the World Rankings top 16 that doesnt go straight to the crucible. That is because Ronnie as Holder became the number 1 seed for the tournament, and hence shoving davis down to number 17 seed just for this event. So having to qualify here is a huge extra pressure for Davis here,

4--Michael Holt to beat mark Joyce (8/13). Hitman Holt is an enigma. Full of talent, he always lives on the edge. He seems to have learned how to control his emotions at the table though, and if he brings his usual game with him, he should come through this test against Joyce,

Alan McManus (13/8), Michael White (11/8) are the 2 underdogs Id give a decent chance to qualify for the crucible.

The rest are just too close to call imho. I reckon there will be a lot of close matches with so much at stake.
                                                                                                                          Shame for Fergal to run into a man in form. Are you staying over there to catch the end of Ken's game or is Fergal too deflated?

I'm sweating McManus today for a double and a trixie, and hoping Ken pulls through for a treble. Also gone big on DeLu v King. There's 13/8 available and i think the price is just too big. If he sticks to form and races into an early lead in first 4 frames, you can back King to freeroll the bet.

Some nice sweats going there Tony, gl with them.
                                                                                                                          My yankeys going well. 2 up already, (Lisowski and Holt), and marcus cambell looks to be cruising at 7-2 ahead going into tonites final session. So I'll be sweating Wenbo today for a nice payday.

Also with my outsiders double, Michael White has already won, so a sweat on McManus this afternoon who starts back 5-4 up on Tom Ford.

What with the snooker, the masters and the odd few Sunday online games, busy day ahead!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X