MTT help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTT help

Been debating whether to write this for a while but I suck so bad at MTT's online. Dont think im too bad live and I'm a definite winner but I don't know what it is with online but I cant manage to do anything online. Welcome to any suggestions as in what to read books wise and what videos to watch. Would love coaching but only have a part time job so hardly have the money too. Any help would be grately appreciated

Im not fantastic but il rail you playing online some night maybe 1 or 2 others may do so aswell and we may find some leaks in your game. If this is of interest to you.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
      Im not fantastic but il rail you playing online some night maybe 1 or 2 others may do so aswell and we may find some leaks in your game. If this is of interest to you.
      Its up to yourself really thanks for the offer I'll prob get back into the SNG's n study them alot n dabble in the odd mtt and see where im going wrong. Anybody have any thoughts on where I should start reading or videos wise?

Comment

Join the Skype sessions if you're interested, always handy to have some people online that you can ask a few questions about, or let them see you play for a bit to spot any big differences in style/leaks.

throw a 02 after my name here and add my on skype.

Comment

Originally posted by MBMurf View Post
          Its up to yourself really thanks for the offer I'll prob get back into the SNG's n study them alot n dabble in the odd mtt and see where im going wrong. Anybody have any thoughts on where I should start reading or videos wise?
          It depends what your level is really, reading somenthing like Harrington on holdem could be beneficial for some people. I would say post lots of hands on here and read how others play hands you really cant beat it.
          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

It depends what your level is really, reading somenthing like Harrington on holdem could be beneficial for some people. I would say post lots of hands on here and read how others play hands you really cant beat it.
            Can only be beneficial really! Appreciate the advice I'll join the skype sessions when I've found a new place to live

Comment

Post some hands you had a problem with and see what other people think

do you find yourself losing big stacks with pocket pairs/AJ+ hands

have u any stats on you play from position?

do you end up with shoving stacks like 3-7 bb when there is still alot of tables in the tourny?

etc posting some hands would help you no end

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                Post some hands you had a problem with and see what other people think

do you find yourself losing big stacks with pocket pairs/AJ+ hands

have u any stats on you play from position?

do you end up with shoving stacks like 3-7 bb when there is still alot of tables in the tourny?

etc posting some hands would help you no end
                Really have to sort out HEM quickly and will report back. I'd say its the usual playing hands OOP that I shouldnt be. Have to stop leaking money bvb but short stack I think I play very well but I lack the ability to chip up throughout a tournament

Comment

Really have to sort out HEM quickly and will report back. I'd say its the usual playing hands OOP that I shouldnt be. Have to stop leaking money bvb but short stack I think I play very well but I lack the ability to chip up throughout a tournament
                  Try writing out your opening hand range's for each position check this of the standard Preflop rasing charts (google that) do not open limp at all and try to be more aggressive post flop c bet more when you think the board has missed others in the hand, obv this isnt when you short stack less that 15bb this kind of stack u should be just shoving!

Comment

Try writing out your opening hand range's for each position check this of the standard Preflop rasing charts (google that) do not open limp at all and try to be more aggressive post flop c bet more when you think the board has missed others in the hand, obv this isnt when you short stack less that 15bb this kind of stack u should be just shoving!
                    Ye of course and limping seems to be the worst thing to do. How do you feel about raising near the button when theres a lot of limpers in the pot?

Comment

Ye of course and limping seems to be the worst thing to do. How do you feel about raising near the button when theres a lot of limpers in the pot?
                      Impossible to answer. How deep are we? How strong is our hand?

Blinds are 100-200 you have 5500 stack in all the hands 9 handed

button with KK no limpers whats your raise

utg with 88

mp with AJ 1 limper utg

button with A5 no limpers
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I can teach you all to be better MTT players if you like

Comment

Impossible to answer. How deep are we? How strong is our hand?

Blinds are 100-200 you have 5500 stack in all the hands 9 handed

button with KK no limpers whats your raise

utg with 88

mp with AJ 1 limper utg

button with A5 no limpers
                          1,2 and 4 raise to 500
                          3. 600

Comment

Entraction - €0.50+0.05|150/300 NL (10 max) - Holdem - 8 players
                            Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: 7,105.00
                            MP: 5,410.00
                            MP+1: 1,266.00
                            CO: 11,870.00
                            BTN: 7,880.00
                            SB: 12,033.00
                            Hero (BB): 2,366.00
                            UTG: 12,070.00

SB posts SB 150.00, Hero posts BB 300.00

Pre Flop: (450.00) Hero has 5:heart: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 150.00, Hero checks

Flop: (600.00, 2 players) 8:heart: 6:club: 4:heart:
                            SB bets 300.00, Hero raises to 2,066.00 and is all-in, SB calls 1,766.00

Turn: (4732.00, 2 players) 9:spade:

River: (4732.00, 2 players) Q:spade:

what do you think of this hand

Comment

No laughing but best case scenario he has a flush draw and 1 overcard to the board so only a slight favourite. Pick a beter spot to ship?

Comment

1,2 and 4 raise to 500
                                3. 600
                                bet sizing seems good pre anyway
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

No laughing but best case scenario he has a flush draw and 1 overcard to the board so only a slight favourite. Pick a beter spot to ship?
                                  Pick a better spot to even play a hand IMO.

Comment

Have to think villian is trapping? Surely he jams so, so much if he's anyway competent. If he has been limping in previous to this and not really understanding the dynamic's of BVB I just shove pre.

Comment

i gave up on mtts at the end of last year when i just had it up to my eyeballs with the fucking things, i even got a bit of coaching but just got dissheartened in the end. i practically gave up poker for the first 5-6mths of the year and only played an odd tournie here and there.
                                      iam like you now and have gone back playing the mttsng's, i play 6-8 of them a night last about 2 hrs and are pretty soft.
                                      just need to sort out my push/fold ranges and i could see myself building a nice roll out of these fairly easy

in short i found mtts heart breaking.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                        Have to think villian is trapping? Surely he jams so, so much if he's anyway competent. If he has been limping in previous to this and not really understanding the dynamic's of BVB I just shove pre.
                                        Never thought of shoving pre actually prob best move again depending on how active he has been bvb and we have enough behind to make him fold

Comment

Never thought of shoving pre actually prob best move again depending on how active he has been bvb and we have enough behind to make him fold
                                          I def thinking shoving is best if he's capable of limping in and folding. Problem is if he's decent I guess he could be trapping us and trying to induce us to shove.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                            i gave up on mtts at the end of last year when i just had it up to my eyeballs with the fucking things, i even got a bit of coaching but just got dissheartened in the end. i practically gave up poker for the first 5-6mths of the year and only played an odd tournie here and there.
                                            iam like you now and have gone back playing the mttsng's, i play 6-8 of them a night last about 2 hrs and are pretty soft.
                                            just need to sort out my push/fold ranges and i could see myself building a nice roll out of these fairly easy

in short i found mtts heart breaking.
                                            Hope Ive attached this right
                                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                              Pick a better spot to even play a hand IMO.
                                              So he should muck his BB after the SB completes.

You need to get away from Bubbleking, he's frying your head

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                So he should muck his BB after the SB completes.

You need to get away from Bubbleking, he's frying your head
                                                No.

What is he limping with here with our stack?

Hes clearly trapping.

FWIW Tony has improved my game by heaps and bounds since it started.

Comment

No.

Hes clearly trapping.

Oh dear lord.

Have you read the HH? Read it again. Is he clearly limping to trap with a flush?

edit, lol it's me who's reading it wrong, carry on but you are wrong all the same. Great spot to get it in.
                                                  Last edited by Caf; 23-08-11, 22:06.

Comment

No.

Hes clearly trapping.

i would call this seriously flawed
                                                    unless we have information that says villian is a competent player we cannot assume that he is trapping. small stakes mtts are full of bad players who will complete the small blind with any two cards just to see if the hit something on the flop.
                                                    in the hand in question hero was bb and short stacked he got a free look at a flop and hit top pair,he is a fool if he dosn't get it in here.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Unless I'm reading it wrong it's a 50c buy-in. How many competent players can there be?

Comment

No.

Hes clearly trapping.

He's not clearly trapping. People tend to complete a lot when it's folded around and not everyone of them are trapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                          i would call this seriously flawed
                                                          unless we have information that says villian is a competent player we cannot assume that he is trapping. small stakes mtts are full of bad players who will complete the small blind with any two cards just to see if the hit something on the flop.
                                                          in the hand in question hero was bb and short stacked he got a free look at a flop and hit top pair,he is a fool if he dosn't get it in here.
                                                          My main mistake here was reading the game as 50c/1euro game.

Woopsies.

Scrap the lot I said heh heh

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                            Unless I'm reading it wrong it's a 50c buy-in. How many competent players can there be?
                                                            I actually thought it said 50./1 game, thats where I went wrong.

Comment

He's not clearly trapping. People tend to complete a lot when it's folded around and not everyone of them are trapping.
                                                              I was reading it as a bigger game. In a 50 cent buy-in tournament yes obviously the guy has anything here from flushdraws to bottom pair so getting it in here is good yes.

Read wrong.

Comment

Serious stacks for 100nl

Comment

Comment

Heh heh.

Comment

Best offer in the thread.
                                                                      Everything else is just

Comment

Just binked an entry to the €109 game for the ukipt dublin sat...prob should just take the tournye dollars so tempted

Comment

I saw 50c and thought that was just the rake. Simple jam so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                            Best offer in the thread.
                                                                            Everything else is just
                                                                            QFT Mr croc

Comment

#39
                                                                              Based on your few entries in this thread MB you sound like you have a decent understanding of some of the basics: betsizing, limping & bvb dynamics.

I wouldn't bother reading a book tbh, just check in here once a day give your opinion on whatever hand histories have been posted, read others' opinions and learn from the likes of digiman, line us, roadsweeper, caf, etc.

The skype thing sounds very good too. Something I'll probably get into soon.

Comment

#40
                                                                                No money in MTT's Everyone's solid.
                                                                                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                                                                  So much wrong with this. I actually hope it's a level

Comment

#42
                                                                                    level?

Comment

#43
                                                                                      FFS i have been bashing my head against a brick wall for 4yrs and only now you fucking decide to tell me this
                                                                                      iam going withdrawing my 250k of pokerstars no point in carrying on

Comment

#44
                                                                                        So much wrong with this. I actually hope it's a level
                                                                                        Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                                                                        level?
                                                                                        Re levels?

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Serious stacks for 100nl
                                                                                          My main mistake here was reading the game as 50c/1euro game.

Woopsies.

Scrap the lot I said heh heh
                                                                                          lol..... People who know me know im capable of getting this much money in on a flop like that in a cash game thats whats so lol!!!

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                            Re levels?
                                                                                            Not sure i understand this? Is it reverse you mean?

I just think that a statement like that (as in winnings post) isn't true. Ok lots of competent players out there, not everyone though, certainly not in my experience....(albeit brief enough)

Comment

#47
                                                                                              I'm pretty sure Winning was taking the piss, nearly 100% positive.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Level? Not sure how you think it could be less than 100% sure.

No value in x. Everyone's solid is a 2p2 meme btw.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                  Level? Not sure how you think it could be less than 100% sure.

No value in x. Everyone's solid is a 2p2 meme btw.
                                                                                                  Say what now? English and as basic as it comes please.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Say what now? English and as basic as it comes please.
                                                                                                    No value in posting on forums, everyone's solid.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      No point in levelling, Caf's solid.

Epic thread for those who didn't get the reference;

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Save and get good coaching, also prescribe to cardrunners when you save money. If not even with some advice on here you will still never beat the online game.
                                                                                                        Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                                                                                        My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          INo.

Hes clearly trapping.
                                                                                                          In this post, you noticed that he limped for 300, and referenced "our stack", i'm assuming you meant that we were short on 2366.

So how did you think it was 50c/$1.
                                                                                                          If you thought that it was, then your above post makes no sense. 23 buy-ins deep, the other poster is trapping us by limping his SB. WTF
                                                                                                          TBH, it looks like you realised your original post was bad when Caf and Angry-Ball called you on it and made up the 50c/$1 comment to save face. It doesn't matter if you did or not, your advice was equally bad at 50c/$1

I'm not having a go at you A_CE, want to be clear on that. Mistakes and bad plays happen to everyone. You made a pretty big post the other day about having made mistakes in hands and/or HH threads and that you want to improve. The first step to improving your game is admitting your mistake, not to anyone here but to at least yourself. That's the only reason i'm highlighting this.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            In this post, you noticed that he limped for 300, and referenced "our stack", i'm assuming you meant that we were short on 2366.

So how did you think it was 50c/$1.
                                                                                                            If you thought that it was, then your above post makes no sense. 23 buy-ins deep, the other poster is trapping us by limping his SB. WTF
                                                                                                            TBH, it looks like you realised your original post was bad when Caf and Angry-Ball called you on it and made up the 50c/$1 comment to save face. It doesn't matter if you did or not, your advice was equally bad at 50c/$1

I'm not having a go at you A_CE, want to be clear on that. Mistakes and bad plays happen to everyone. You made a pretty big post the other day about having made mistakes in hands and/or HH threads and that you want to improve. The first step to improving your game is admitting your mistake, not to anyone here but to at least yourself. That's the only reason i'm highlighting this.

In fairness, you're missing the main point...it's an MTT thread
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              I saw 50c and thought that was just the rake. Simple jam so.
                                                                                                              Are we talking about music or poker??

In a .50c mtt, and indeed most small stake mtt's, most players will limp in the sb when folded to them (well on entraction they will anyway). I just shove it there pf for what its worth.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                To the op. You seem to have a decent enough knowledge of the game from the few posts Ive read where you have been answering questions. You reckon you are a winning live player, yet you cant win online.
                                                                                                                Where I think decent live player fail at online is attitude. When you play a live mtt, you know each hand has to played optimally if your night is going to be successful. Some players cant transfer that line of thought to online play, because subconsiously, they know that if they make a loose call in x spot and they are wrong, they can just load up another game and start again.

Advice given by posters above about posting hands for advice is the way to go. And try and give the same weight to decisions in online mtt's that you do for live games, even if that means you only load up 1 mtt at a time online for a while.

Connie

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                  In fairness, you're missing the main point...it's an MTT thread
                                                                                                                  Was going to mention that why would a cash be posted in a MTT thread, but tbh stranger stuff has happen around here. tourney hands are always posted in the cash forum, merge them back imo

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                                    Are we talking about music or poker??

In a .50c mtt, and indeed most small stake mtt's, most players will limp in the sb when folded to them (well on entraction they will anyway). I just shove it there pf for what its worth.
                                                                                                                    This was my major mistake in the hand, i'm a rusty as hell in MTT's as i hadn't been playing in a long time but had decided to get back into online, so i spun my 0.00 balance now up to like 16 quid in the last week so am re-building,

I would normally shove ATC there in that spot against villian, as i was only playing one table he was nitty enough i dont know the math behind it but if i shove mt 2 odd k stack there it would have got through, ie he would of raised strong hands and limp folder all his other hands

Another point is i went broke in a limped pot big no no!

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                      tourney hands are always posted in the cash forum, merge them back imo
                                                                                                                      Yeah that tilts me. How difficult can it be to post in the correct forum?! Tbh mods should get in the habit of moving any misplaced threads to their correct forum, dunno why they don't.

Don't like the idea of merging forums though, surely they were separated for good reason..

Comment

#60

Another point is i went broke in a limped pot big no no!
                                                                                                                        it's not a bad bit of advice to give a beginner along with folding bad hands preflop etc but beyond that it's not really true.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X