This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staking Hall of Fame & Sticky Discussion

Something i've been looking at doing over the last couple of days as part of tidying up the amount of staking threads, is to open up a "Hall of Fame" sticky relating to everyone that stakes on here.

In the sticky, i'll record all the stakes that take place on IPB including all profits/losses by both staker and stakee. This will be an at a glance look at who's hot and who's not. Who's picked the best horsies and who's the best horse to have running for you. Looking at doing something where players will also get "rep points" for everytime they return a stake/profit after cashing etc (just in my early stages of thinking)

It's just something that will be run on a trial basis for a while to see how it goes before deciding if it's worthwhile.

Haven't put too much thought into the layout but it will be something like this (oh and all names and details are just random)

So there's a vote to see if people think it's a good idea, or a bad idea and if you have any positive or negative comments.
    Go for it, i want to see my name in lights
    80.00%
    Maybe not....i'm not a fish, i just run bad...alot
    0.00%
    Purple Monkey Dishwasher
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Don't let the taxman see it

Comment

Misread title as Stalking Hall of Fame.
      Less curious now.

Carry on.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Think its a great idea seeing as theres a lot of regular stakers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
          Misread title as Stalking Hall of Fame.
          Less curious now.

Carry on.
          That's another idea i have, just waiting to run it by the other mods

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            That's another idea i have, just waiting to run it by the other mods

sad man

Comment

Oh and I vote Purple Monkey Dishwasher as the IPB equivalent of Atari Jaguar

Comment

Oh and I vote Purple Monkey Dishwasher as the IPB equivalent of Atari Jaguar
                a blind man would'nt look look at that

Comment

I am the best min cash horse of all time

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    I am the best min cash horse of all time
                    good 4 u

Comment

great idea think your going to have alot of work on your hands

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post
                        great idea think your going to have alot of work on your hands
                        I don't mind a bit of graft to help with the site. It won't be too much tho.

The idea is that if for example, you stake 4 horses into the $10+1 game on stars tomorrow, you send me a PM saying

xxx, xxx, xxx didnt cash, but xyz cashed for $54 and returned the right amount and i'll just update the thread and update the OP with the details. Once we're all on the same page, it will run good imo

Comment

I don't mind a bit of graft to help with the site. It won't be too much tho.

The idea is that if for example, you stake 4 horses into the $10+1 game on stars tomorrow, you send me a PM saying

xxx, xxx, xxx didnt cash, but xyz cashed for $54 and returned the right amount and i'll just update the thread and update the OP with the details. Once we're all on the same page, it will run good imo
                          I'm prepared to help ya out with this too if needed
                          Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

i voted for the dishwasher

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Great idea. Would encourage more stakings I imagine.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

100% cash
                                1200% ROI

- 2011 stats so far.

Just sayin is all

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  100% cash
                                  1200% ROI

- 2011 stats so far.

Just sayin is all
                                  i can just see ace rubbing his hands in glee when he see's this post

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    100% cash
                                    1200% ROI

- 2011 stats so far.

Just sayin is all
                                    $815 from a $2.20 stake. How do those numbers add up???

Just askin is all
                                    Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post

Just askin is all
                                      basic math really..

37045% ROI.

Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post

Just askin is all
                                        martingale
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

nightengale

Comment

Even down money on this bad month gets worse
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

First Edition of the Hall of Fame. There's still some tweaking to be done and i have missed a couple of stakes (anything that hasn't been moved to the staking forum) and the last 2 nights haven't been included.

Horse Hall of Fame

Staker Hall of Fame

Comment

There have been a few threads looking for stakes for live events (and some threads closed).

How about asking players to complete a questionnaire like the tournament questionnaire.
                                                • What is the most you have won in a live tournament? State win, entry fee, number of players, venue.
                                                • What is your highest finish in a live festival tournament? Win, entry fee, no of players, venue?
                                                • What is the biggest festival tournament entry fee paid?
                                                • In how many countries have you played live events? Name the venues.
                                                • Have you been staked before? Results?
                                                • Have you won a club tournament?
                                                • Name Irishpokerboards users who know you.
                                                • Post links to your Hendon Mob, officialpokerrankings results.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                  There have been a few threads looking for stakes for live events (and some threads closed).

How about asking players to complete a questionnaire like the tournament questionnaire.
                                                  • What is the most you have won in a live tournament? State win, entry fee, number of players, venue.
                                                  • What is your highest finish in a live festival tournament? Win, entry fee, no of players, venue?
                                                  • What is the biggest festival tournament entry fee paid?
                                                  • In how many countries have you played live events? Name the venues.
                                                  • Have you been staked before? Results?
                                                  • Have you won a club tournament?
                                                  • Name Irishpokerboards users who know you.
                                                  • Post links to your Hendon Mob, officialpokerrankings results.
                                                  Good thinking Sean but i think it's over complicated and we get so much of that info from them just posting their Hendon Mob Profile.

The biggest win, the highest finish, winning a club tournament will be covered.
                                                  Biggest entry fee is a non runner really because it doesn't really tell you anything

I did lay out a charter that people have to fill out based on your idea though so we'll see how it goes and see if we need to change anything for future

Comment

JANUARY STAKING HALL OF FAME

CASHES

NOT CASHED / NO PROFIT

Comment

Not a lot of winning sessions for stable owners in January. Let's hope Feb is a better month!

Comment

took 80$ for twitch the other day

Comment

Quick hypothetical situation seeing as some people are advertising live events...what if someone took down a live tournament and gave a tip? I know that in the states its commonplace but I'll be honest and say that I haven't took one down of any reasonable amount. Would the tip come out of the stakee's money or stakers part or take it out of the winnings and percentage the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by MBMurf View Post
                                                            Quick hypothetical situation seeing as some people are advertising live events...what if someone took down a live tournament and gave a tip? I know that in the states its commonplace but I'll be honest and say that I haven't took one down of any reasonable amount. Would the tip come out of the stakee's money or stakers part or take it out of the winnings and percentage the rest?
                                                            Everyone pays a share of the tip imo. The winner just deducts it from the winnings and pays out the net amount.
                                                            This was discussed recently.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                              Everyone pays a share of the tip imo. The winner just deducts it from the winnings and pays out the net amount.
                                                              This was discussed recently.
                                                              Sorry had a quick look round the thread and didn't see it

Comment

Sorry had a quick look round the thread and didn't see it
                                                                Not sure if this is what Kincem is referring to but there was a little discussion on your point here as a bit of a side issue.

http://www.pokerinireland.net/

Comment

I would generally assume that the tip is given then everything is split but that all depends on the person, Dice75 recently sold some action HERE and stated upfront that any tips he would look after.
                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I am a semi professiona{ horse racing gamb{er i have on{y been on the site a short time so gonna be hard get trust up....but heres a few winners for 2moro...maybe next time ye wi{{ want a stake in me........ epsom 1.35 hymeniaos 2.1o baitha a{ga 2.4o cirrus des aig{es

Comment

Originally posted by Sqwuakbox View Post
                                                                      I am a semi professiona{ horse racing gamb{er i have on{y been on the site a short time so gonna be hard get trust up....but heres a few winners for 2moro...maybe next time ye wi{{ want a stake in me........ epsom 1.35 hymeniaos 2.1o baitha a{ga 2.4o cirrus des aig{es
                                                                      This thread is nearly 2 yrs old, your not going to build Trust by giving out a few horsie tips. Get into the staking/selling threads and apply for any stakes going, giving all the relevant info, if your stats are good enough you will get a shot but tbh it's been quite with a while.

Comment

Working...
                                                                      X