• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Dynaste confirmed for The Jewson.
    What's your opinion of Dynaste out of interest

Comment

I had backed Dynaste for the RSA, have him in 3 accum's, is there anyway that pp would let me change the accum's and put him in for the Jewson?

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
        I had backed Dynaste for the RSA, have him in 3 accum's, is there anyway that pp would let me change the accum's and put him in for the Jewson?
        Presuming you backed him antepost there's not a hope

Comment

Just had my bets changed, on Dynaste for the Jewson, thank you pp, now just to pay me when my bets come in

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
            Just had my bets changed, on Dynaste for the Jewson, thank you pp, now just to pay me when my bets come in
            very surprised they changed them for you ...

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
              very surprised they changed them for you ...
              Me too, took a chance and got on to live chat and they changed my selections no problem, just missed out on the 9/4, 7/4 now.

Comment

Trying to get €25 e/w on Knockara Beau in the JLT and I am restricted any help from a boylesports employee would be great.

TraceyHello Niall. How may I help you?

Niall Hello Tracey, I lodged €50 specifically to place a bet on the JLT chase in Cheltenham and was restricted to €8. This has never happened before. Knockara Beau is the horse and I want to have €25 e/w. I was shocked to see the restriction

TraceyI cannot see that your bet has been restricted.

Niall I tried it again and it was restricted

TraceyHaving checked your recent attempts, it appears that the bets are being rejected by automatic risk controls that have been put in place by our trading department. This is not specific to your account but attributed to the market itself.

Niall On a race in cheltenham to €8

Surely vast sums are traded on each race

TraceyI can only confirm this is a Trading decision

Niall I specifically lodged the money to Boylesports to place the bet. Now I have to wait 3 days for the money to be refunded. I am not happy and as a small punter this is a joke.

Sure if I walk into a shop they would take that bet in a heartbeat.

TraceySorry I cannot overturn a trading decision.

Niall It does not make sense to me on the market. I could understand if it was my account being restricted.

TraceySorry for delay in replying, I cannot help you further with the restriction as it is a Trading decision.
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of help
                  Anyone have any idea which race cause of causes will race in
                  He is entering in 3

ENTERED RACE ENTERED FOR THE FOLLOWING RACES

12Mar13 1:30 (Four Day) at Cheltenham, William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle Grade 1

13Mar13 2:05 (Four Day) at Cheltenham, Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle (Registered Baring Bingham Novices' Hurdle) Grade 1

15Mar13 2:05 (Four Day) at Cheltenham, Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle Grade 3

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                    Hi guys, just looking for a bit of help
                    Anyone have any idea which race cause of causes will race in
                    He is entering in 3

ENTERED RACE ENTERED FOR THE FOLLOWING RACES

12Mar13 1:30 (Four Day) at Cheltenham, William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle Grade 1

13Mar13 2:05 (Four Day) at Cheltenham, Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle (Registered Baring Bingham Novices' Hurdle) Grade 1

15Mar13 2:05 (Four Day) at Cheltenham, Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle Grade 3
                    County hurdle

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                      Trying to get €25 e/w on Knockara Beau in the JLT and I am restricted any help from a boylesports employee would be great.

Niall Hello Tracey, I lodged €50 specifically to place a bet on the JLT chase in Cheltenham and was restricted to €8. This has never happened before. Knockara Beau is the horse and I want to have €25 e/w. I was shocked to see the restriction

TraceyHaving checked your recent attempts, it appears that the bets are being rejected by automatic risk controls that have been put in place by our trading department. This is not specific to your account but attributed to the market itself.

Niall I specifically lodged the money to Boylesports to place the bet. Now I have to wait 3 days for the money to be refunded. I am not happy and as a small punter this is a joke.

Niall It does not make sense to me on the market. I could understand if it was my account being restricted.

TraceySorry for delay in replying, I cannot help you further with the restriction as it is a Trading decision.
                      Am a horrible sports fish so have never been restricted but thats patheic.
                      Maybe never give them any business ever again.
                      Call themselves a bookie.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                        Am a horrible sports fish so have never been restricted but thats patheic.
                        Maybe never give them any business ever again.
                        Call themselves a bookie.
                        Its pretty standard for them, in the mirror yesterday it was mentioned that the guy had 25 euro on a 9/4 shot only to be told later that the bet was cancelled, Leon Blanche was meant to get back to him but never did, yet the same tool will be all over the tv/radio next week talking through his arse as per usual.

Its a pity the way things are going but if you are cute you can get on. Bookies are a bit like drug dealers these days with their specials aimed at the general mugs out there.

Comment

Can't stand the not so thinly veiled brag restriction posts.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Restrictions are like shaving. It's cool the first time (when you are 12) but very quickly becomes a royal pain in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              I honestly have never been restricted by Boyles. I mainly punt on golf €5-€20 e/w. I am not a big winner, had 3 weeks placed in a row but for maybe max €300. Was annoyed as I specifically deposited the money to Boyles and could have put it with William Hill for the price. Just think its a joke and the fact she tried to give me some story about it not being my account and the market that was restricted.
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

refusing 50 quid bet on Cheltenham really is pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                  refusing 50 quid bet on Cheltenham really is pathetic
                                  You see them then reps of bookies saying we are facing abad day if some horse thats a crowd favourite wins.
                                  Do all bookies not lay off big bets anyways.

Comment

Price gone to 16's now. My €8 e/w must have collapsed the price,

Comment

Dont really know, woulda thought most of the big ones take them on. The future is the Asian bookies / betfair anyway,

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post
                                        County hurdle
                                        Thanks mate,

Near top weight

I would prefer if he took his chances in other two, despite
                                        1 really good race, and the other wrong distance

Comment

Dynaste confirmed for The Jewson.
                                          Everythings coming up Dessie
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Everyone lays me what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Fair play to Boylesports, they don't want people to win too much, as a small punter they would much rather you do bets that might not have a chance of winning.
                                              its the same on the poker site any problems and they blame your connection or your network rather then accepting they might have a problem.Good company policy restricted the punter from hopefully winning a few euros and play the martyr by running stupid money back promotions all next week.get your money on with a decent bookies if you can find one and close this joke of an account.good luck with bet this week.END OF RANT.

Comment

Pretty certain COC runs in the Supreme.
                                                Really I would be much happier

Any source?

33/1 ew 5 places william hill is a serious bet imo

Comment

GAB, any thoughts on Ruby's has decision to ride Champagne fever ahead of Dodging Bullets in the Supreme on Tuesday? Dan Skelton was really talking up Dodging bullets during the week as a cert for ew betting.
                                                  From the limited knowledge I have, I think the guaranteed soft ground is in Champagne fevers favour, but I kinda had my mind made up to back Jezki. Just wondering what your thought on it are, as Ruby doesnt make too many mistakes, and if he's chosing CF over DB, he's surely a serious contender?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                    Everyone lays me what I want.
                                                    Yeah anything I want. They send me emails asking why I haven't logged in for so long. They even offer me money left and right to bet with them again.

Opr

Comment

Melodic Rendevous out of the supreme.
                                                      Scoped bad apparently.

Comment

That's disappointing as is the decs for the two big 2 mile grade 1 chases. V little to get excited about in those races.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Chaotic scenes in Ladbrokes shop there.
                                                          Got a call at 10.50 that Lads were enhancing all favorites until 11am.

Myself and another lad at work nearly broke our necks legging it up there.
                                                          snapped up;
                                                          Even money quevega
                                                          Evens Simonsig
                                                          4/1 Bobs worth
                                                          3/1 dynaste in the jewson.
                                                          6/1 Sam winner

Max 50 euro stakes singles only.
                                                          Only one girl working behind the counter she couldn't count all the 50's being fired at her.

Comment

Pp phone special today simonsig evs max bet €50.

Comment

Laddies now 3/1 Ruby top jockey for next 15 mins.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                Really I would be much happier

Any source?

33/1 ew 5 places william hill is a serious bet imo
                                                                Apologies the Supreme 12 runners
                                                                Last edited by mohican22; 11-03-13, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post
                                                                  Apologies the Supreme 12 runners
                                                                  No prob mate, spent a good while searching on the net and elliot seemed to suggest
                                                                  twas the supreme and with nrnb, i took the 33/1 5 places, Now its a only a 12 horse race however I get the feeling that might suit the others better, still really happy though

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                    Pp phone special today simonsig evs max bet €50.
                                                                    hate phone betting
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Last day to get involved in the Cheltenham Competition

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        hate phone betting
                                                                        Sorry meant to say its phone or text.

Comment

If anyone is txt betting for the first time on paddypower, free bet up to 50euro .

txt 51465

selection + stake(up to 50)

Acc no.

Freebet

Comment

that willhill offer in the 1st mouth watering, 1/4 5 places in what is effectively a 10 horse race and they're laying it.
                                                                            Last edited by nicnicnic; 11-03-13, 13:41.

Comment

#98
                                                                              I was just looking at my bets for the week on Boyles. It shows all the open bets. But on one of them it has A return figure of 0.00 on a race that is being run tomorrow. Why would that be?

Comment

#99
                                                                                Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                Melodic Rendevous out of the supreme.
                                                                                Scoped bad apparently.
                                                                                Gutted, really fancied this. Awful for the Scott yard.
                                                                                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                  I was just looking at my bets for the week on Boyles. It shows all the open bets. But on one of them it has A return figure of 0.00 on a race that is being run tomorrow. Why would that be?
                                                                                  whats the horse/race?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                    whats the horse/race?
                                                                                    It's the festival handicap chase

Comment

It's the festival handicap chase
                                                                                      Who was the horse? He is probably a non runner.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                        Who was the horse? He is probably a non runner.
                                                                                        Loch Ba

Comment

Loch Ba
                                                                                          Ah you should be fine so, I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                            Ah you should be fine so, I wouldn't worry about it.
                                                                                            Cheers. Was just very odd as it shows pending but a nil return!

I went onto check if it was showing as a non runner and it didn't. Cgecked the Cheltenham site and nothing there so though I would come to the best place to ask

Comment

My tent or yours offers up a bit of a dilemma tomorrow, race firstly has been a graveyard for favs in recent years, vast majority of punters say they're taking him on, feedback from preview nights again very negative on him, ground supposedly not in his favour in comparison to market rivals BUT you wouldn't know any of this by looking at the market alone, he's been pretty much rock solid, betfair graph basically a straight line for days. For me alarm bells started to go off when pp curiously didn't make the seemingly obvious choice of doing the MBS on him like they've done in the Supreme in many other years.

I'll happily take the lols on board if he's beaten out of sight but this is one I've decided to sidestep.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

@ Sit - This relates to the other thread I started but surely just from the huge mathematical edge the WH offer gives in the place market it's wrong not to be opposing him with something e/w with them?

Can anyone tell me what the stats are in the supreme in terms of % finishers relative to the starting line-up? (Maybe that would skew the perceived value in the extra two places as opposed to the actual value)

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  @ Sit - This relates to the other thread I started but surely just from the huge mathematical edge the WH offer gives in the place market it's wrong not to be opposing him with something e/w with them?

Can anyone tell me what the stats are in the supreme in terms of % finishers relative to the starting line-up? (Maybe that would skew the perceived value in the extra two places as opposed to the actual value)

Opr
                                                                                                  Its undoubtedly a fantastic offer like, arguably a big positive for MTOYs though as they're deflecting the attention onto the rest of the field and must be confident of only losing the place money in the race albeit that's still got to be a significant chunk considering the value of the offer and the amount they're laying.

FWIW I backed Puffin Billy with them.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah as you say the offer (Although given WH sponsor the race there big offer was always likely this race) coupled with PP not choosing this race it wouldn't have you running to lay. Saying that a couple of firms have popped him out to 2/1 in the last half hour.

Opr

Comment

looking ahead to later in the week I have backed Chartreux @ 20/1 in the Kim Muir and Hada Man @ 20/1 in the Pertemps.

Will post more thoughts on Tuesdays card later.
                                                                                                      Seemed like half the place in work today were asking me if I'd have tips from 'that poker fella' again this year.

Comment

@GAB.

For me it's a match between HF and Zarkander.

Does it make more sense to your learned mind to back Zarkander ew with PP or back win part with PP and place on Betfair or just go for outright win and settle for money back and break even if HF wins?

Cheers,
                                                                                                        Ken

Comment

Boyles go money back if beaten by half a length or less, so back HF there and Zarkander with PP maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                            Boyles go money back if beaten by half a length or less, so back HF there and Zarkander with PP maybe?
                                                                                                            Cheers thats a good option.
                                                                                                            Then I'll back Zarkander for the place on Betfair to confuse to issue further

Comment

Druids Nephew will be the one that sets me up for the week
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Zarkandar has no chance the way the race will be run imo

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm sticking the loots on Zarkander now obviously
                                                                                                                  48

Comment

First time blinkers on Rock On Ruby could help him a lot

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                                                      First time blinkers on Rock On Ruby could help him a lot
                                                                                                                      Another who won't be suited by the lack of pace. I just cannot see what will make it. Safest play is to watch the start and if they go slow Hurricane Fly is heavy odds on, if something tries to take the along the Zarkandar and ROR come into it, Grandouet and CF also want a fast gallop. That's not to say HF won't win off a fast pace either because he's still the likeliest winner.

Basically it's an open race if they go quick, anyone of 5 have a chance, still favour HF just about, If its a tactical race there is only one winner. IMO

Comment

Hurricane Fly is gonna win. Get on at 9/4.

Ruby had the choice between him and Zarkandar.

Who better than him to judge?

Soft ground and a small field also play into HF's strengths.
                                                                                                                        If you're not in, you can't win

Comment

Another who won't be suited by the lack of pace. I just cannot see what will make it. Safest play is to watch the start and if they go slow Hurricane Fly is heavy odds on, if something tries to take the along the Zarkandar and ROR come into it, Grandouet and CF also want a fast gallop. That's not to say HF won't win off a fast pace either because he's still the likeliest winner.

Basically it's an open race if they go quick, anyone of 5 have a chance, still favour HF just about, If its a tactical race there is only one winner. IMO
                                                                                                                          I think ROR will attempt to make all. John Quinn has said that Countrywide Flame will make the running if nobody else wants to

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X