Golf Betting Thread 2016 Season

Elbows, best of luck sir and ty for the sweat thus far.

Couldn't be happier if they done it for ya!

They are showing the end of round 3 in China after the US Golf.
      And the last round a few hours later, beast of luck getting a few hours kip. 1/5 no chance.

Yeah. Have it organised to bring the kids to my folks in the morning for some quality time while I watch the golf. Won't be doing 5 though

I expect a free party to blow my Japanese money

Pity about the double at 17 but still 3 clear. Here's hoping.

horrible start to round 4

Hopefully the rain delay helps but big ask now

Back tied for the lead. Will be back out again after the US golf at 11.30ish. Dream still alive

I picked a bad week to ignore the golf betting. Best of luck to ye all on elbows golfers. I will now have to watch .

On the way to Croker, how is he ( and you ) handling the pressure?

He looked much better after the rain delay but who knows what he will be like after another delay. I am a lot better now than I was when I woke up to find him 2 back. Going to be a long afternoon waiting for the US golf to start. Ricky wouldn't exactly inspire confidence with the way he finished last night coupled with the fact he hasn't won on tour in over 200 starts. Be delighted if they both place at the moment. (Guessing your post was aimed at me and not Solks)

When we expecting China to kick off again?

11.30 tonight

On the Ricky Barnes Soomin ew double for the guts of 200k.
                              Would love to be a fly on the wall with the golf traders sweating this bet this afternoon.

11.30 tonight
                                You laied either of them on betfair or just gonna let it all ride?

Just going to let it ride

Jayz man that would be epic. 200 k. Fingers crossed for you.

Just read through the last couple of pages.
                                      Best of luck elbows, epic sweat!

This is painful to watch. Looks to be imploding

What time is it back in China?

11.30pm

hopefully barnes gets up n down from greenside bunker to jump into tie for 4th for you elbows.....
                                              that whole final group went to pieces ....the only 3 player over par in the top 20....

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                hopefully barnes gets up n down from greenside bunker to jump into tie for 4th for you elbows.....
                                                that whole final group went to pieces ....the only 3 player over par in the top 20....
                                                Just a bad group to be in. At least he got me something. Now onto Soomin. If Soomin place it's worth 3k + the singles place money.
                                                Last edited by elbows; 24-04-16, 22:13.

did 2 mug doubles meself.......hoffman & quesne n had levy & kokrak in the other.....fml
                                                  best of luck with soomin .....one of these wks the mugs will click

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                    did 2 mug doubles meself.......hoffman & quesne n had levy & kokrak in the other.....fml
                                                    best of luck with soomin .....one of these wks the mugs will click
                                                    Urgh. That is poxy when that happens.

Play suspended for fog. What a pain

For another day or few hours?

Anyone got a link available for when it starts?

For another day or few hours?

Anyone got a link available for when it starts?
                                                          Should be a few hours but who knows. It will finish today as only 5 holes left for the leaders. No link. Sorry

Back on course in 12 mins.

C'mon.

What a shot

on for the loots m8?

glglgl

Ah heyor!

on for the loots m8?

glglgl
                                                                      cheers. 1 hole to go and leading by 3. So hopefully.

The big

Lol I turned on the stream at literally the perfect moment. Noiceee

There's people on the pitch...

Cheers Elbows. WP.

Thank you Elbows, legend!

It's been a long day. Goodnight and good luck

Just woke up and checked the balance. Ship.

G&Ts on me next time ☺

No money on but woke up and 1st thing had to check.

Well done all especially elbows. . Hope ye scored big.

Cheers elbows great tipping!

Woke up at 530, straight onto flashscores to see the result.. Cheers elbows!

Woke up to a nice surprise as it was 2/5ths place and not a 1/4 as i misread the number of ties. 5k from the double and nearly 4K from the singles.

Gave our Boy Soomin Lee a follow on twitter. Hes up to 161 followers now

I followed him after 36 holes. Said he felt much more comfortable than he did in Malaysia with the lead. He is some player. Probably will be 20/1 this week.

The way he played 17 just made the win so much better.

As for this week, like a lot of others I'm sure, I will await your tips. Although hard not to put a small bit on the man himself.

The way he played 17 just made the win so much better.

As for this week, like a lot of others I'm sure, I will await your tips. Although hard not to put a small bit on the man himself.
                                                                                                    He showed great guts to come back from blowing a 5 shot lead. It would be rude not to back him. It is a new venue for the China Open so will need to do some digging. Have 5 shortlisted on the PGA tour just need to wait for prices.

Had a look through both the China Open and New Orleans Classic

China Open is being played on a new course so no course form. It looks to be potentially a similar course to last week but might not be as soft. Was surprised to see Soo Min Lee at 40/1 earlier so took that and it was gone within 5 minutes. 33/1 is still very fair but he might be tired still willing to take a chance considering how well he finished the tournament. Also considering Levy is half that price. Ashan Wu is the defending champion and even though a different course and with all the media etc that goes with that. I thought 200/1 was too big and he is in reasonable form. Phachara Khongwatmai is my 3rd choice. Won on the Thai tour and was 4th in Asian development tour event before finishing 35th last week too and at 250/1 is worth a nibble.

I liked Billy Horschel 22/1 and Daniel Berger 28/1 but both a little skinny with Day, Rose and Fowler also in the field. Top of the markets looks very strong. With that in mind I wouldn't be going mad. 2 against the field at fair if not amazing prices are Lucas Glover (who is a FRL bet depending on the draw) and Ben Martin, Took both with PP as I want the 7 places here.

Ben Martin has decent form around similar tracks and a 15th here 2 years ago 70/1 pp 7 places

Lucas Glover has some decent form around here with a 4th 3 years ago and and 3rd and 8th place finish a good few years ago. His putting is obviously a worry but showing glimpses of form and think this easier track should suit. 100/1 with PP. 125 with Boyles and Ladbrokes but only 5 places. Added Scott Stallings at 200/1 with pp he is very hit and miss but has 3 PGA tour wins. Had a shocking start in this last year but shot 65 69 65 for T22 and finished T13 last week.

Don't go crazy
                                                                                                      Last edited by elbows; 26-04-16, 08:23.

Fisher
                                                                                                        Horschel
                                                                                                        Fisher / Horschel double

Added Holman FRL at 66/1 in China.

Going with

Thorbjorn Olesen
                                                                                                            Cameron Tringale

also included Ollie Schneiderjans and Bernd Rithammer in some quit the job trebles and accums.

Tringale seems to pop up a few times in the Zurich and T-Bo's attitude seems to have completely changed this year. Definitely doesn't throw in the towel as before and while 25/1 is a bit skimpy, I reckon he'll win soon.

Backed Elbows tips for China and added Y.E. Yang.

Followed Elbows on both and added Blixt.

Gl gl.

GL All. Hopefully have another decent sweat come Sunday.

Not liking much this week. Will oppose Rickie Fowler for a top 5 finish for a small bit. The only bet I like is Boo Weekly FRL at around the 80/1 mark on Betfair. In 2006 he finished T6 and shot a 65 first round, which was tied second best afaik. Last year he finished 3rd and shot a 64 in the first round which was tied 1st.

On the back of Elbows advice I've gone with Glover(and FRL) and Stallings outright.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Teddie; 28-04-16, 12:00.

Added Scott Stallings at 200/1 with pp he is very hit and miss but has 3 PGA tour wins. Had a shocking start in this last year but shot 65 69 65 for T22 and finished T13 last week.

Looks like the gobshite is at it again. 72 in the first round, 68 in the second and -3 in his third round through 4. Tied 10th at the moment so hopefully a decent sweet for the next few days.

He has missed a bucket load of shortish putts too over the first 2 days. Pity about the rain relay as he looked like he had it on a string.

Bit unlucky with Stallings and had a decent shout at T7 if it went 72 holes. Ah well.

Early tip for European Tour. Kevin Phelan this week in Morocco. Seamus Power won on the web.com last week and think as a fellow Waterford man might give him a gee up. Was 3rd in it last year although at a different course. 160/1 with. B365. Form is not great but this is a very weak field. Probably only 1 pick in PGA tour as main fancy will be too short. We shall see though.

Messaged a guy I know who lives with Kevin Phelan and said he is playing well.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by elbows; 02-05-16, 18:50.