World Cup 2014 Alphabet Goalscorer Sweep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, sweepstakes time for the World Cup. Instead of picking a team, you're picking players who you think will be the top goalscorer, but the catch is that you only pick a letter and your picks are confined to everyone who's surname begins with that letter. e.g if you pick 'R' you get Rooney, Ronaldo etc.

Wherever there might be any ambiguity as to a players name, we're using the name they are more commonly known by. Some examples of this are most of the Brazilians, Pedro Rodríguez Ledesma (Pedro) and Alexis Alejandro Sánchez (Sanchez)

Entry is $40 or €30. Just 1 entry per person for the first 2 days, and if not sold out, players can buy another share if they wish. All money must be escrowed before the draw begins* and i can take on Stars (FlushdrawIRE), Boyles (€) or Skrill (€). PM me for details if you require it.

*Players that are known and have a decent post count can get a few days leeway to pay up, but players not well known will need to pay up asap to save them getting a shitty letter and choosing not to play.

There are 18** places available and prizes will be as follows.

1st - $430
    2nd - $230
    3rd - $60
    • If players tie on the same number of goals, cash will be divided equally.

• All players will be randomly drawn from the hat, and this is the order in which they will get to choose their preferred letter. Obviously the higher you get picked, the more chance you have of getting a decent selection.

**The reason there are only 18 picks, is because in the betting for Top Goalscorer for the World Cup, a player beginning with E, I, J, Q, U, W, X, Y or Z doesn't appear in the top ~50 in the betting, so i am grouping all of these letters together as 1 pick, so if could be a good risk as a pick, or a bad one! (different bookies have different prices obviously so i used the order they are listed on oddschecker)

So who's in?

P.S I also have another idea for a €20 a head sweepstakes where everyone will be randomly given a team, and then there will be 20+ prizes of between €20-€40 for random things like Most Goals, Fastest Goal, First Red Card, First missed Penalty, First OG etc, so that even if you get a crap team, you can still have a sweat.

I'm in for both so

Alphabet Goalscorer

1. Flushdraw (Paid)
    2. luckforsome
    3. bohsman
    4. Zippppppy147 (Paid)
    5. TheDrunkenOne (Paid)
    6. White Knight
    7. Megatron
    8. ionapaul (Paid)
    9. shano_88 (Paid)
    10. DeadParrot
    11. mocata
    12. paddypender
    13. The-Rigger
    14. Oleras (Paid)
    15. Premierstone

Random Sweep

1. Flushdraw (Paid)
    2. luckforsome
    3. bohsman
    4. Zippppppy147 (Paid)
    5. TheDrunkenOne (Paid)
    6. PEACEBROTHER
    7. White Knight
    8. Megatron
    9. shano_88 (Paid)
    10. Loopz
    11. DeadParrot
    12. mocata
    13. paddypender
    14. The-Rigger
    15. Oleras (Paid)
    16. Premierstone
    Last edited by Flushdraw; 27-05-14, 17:38.

...I'm in for both...Good crack it seems...could you pm bank details if possible to lodge?...
    ...Liam...

Comment

In for both

Comment

In for both

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
          ...I'm in for both...Good crack it seems...could you pm bank details if possible to lodge?...
          ...Liam...
          Can't do bank transfer Liam, just the 3 options of Stars/Boyles/Skrill. Maybe someone else can sort you?

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
          In for both
          Originally posted by Zippppppy147 View Post
          In for both
          Coolio, that's 4 of us in total. If shipping on stars, fire away but let me know when it's shipped so i can confirm, or if you need details for Boyles/Skrill i'll send PMs tomorrow.

Comment

Sent 60 euro on stars same name as here. 30 per draw right?

Comment

Tenner too much. Will ship back tomorrow because just after hitting the sack so not on laptop.

Comment

stick me in for both , will send €50 in next 10 mins or so

Comment

funds sent ....hopefully to you Tony

Comment

Stick me in random team sweepstake
                    I'll ship on stars during week and post here when done
                    Last edited by PEACEBROTHER; 27-05-14, 10:23. Reason: Just want to be part of random sweepstake
                    PB

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Can't do bank transfer Liam, just the 3 options of Stars/Boyles/Skrill. Maybe someone else can sort you?.
                      ...hi, could you pm me your boyles details please if possible...
                      ...Liam...
                      Last edited by luckforsome; 27-05-14, 13:55.

Comment

In for both. Will send on Stars this evening.

Comment

Stick me in for both please Tony.

Thanks for organizing this.

Comment

In for the Alphabet sweep part - could you send me your details on Skrill?

Comment

In for both. Send in your skrill please.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippppppy147 View Post
                                Sent 60 euro on stars same name as here. 30 per draw right?
                                €10 sent back.

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                funds sent ....hopefully to you Tony
                                All good and received.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                PM sent

Comment

P.S I also have another idea for a €20 a head sweepstakes where everyone will be randomly given a team, and then there will be 20+ prizes of between €20-€40 for random things like Most Goals, Fastest Goal, First Red Card, First missed Penalty, First OG etc, so that even if you get a crap team, you can still have a sweat.
                                  Here's a few options for this. Any more ideas are welcome. We'll have 32 x €20 'bets' to play around. Less if we award more than €20 for anything.

World Cup Winners .....1 or 2
                                  World Cup Runners Up .....1
                                  Team with Most Goals .....1
                                  Team with Least Goals .....1
                                  Fastest Goal .....1
                                  First Red Card .....1
                                  First Scored Penalty .....1
                                  First Missed Penalty .....1
                                  First Own Goal .....1
                                  First Headed Goal .....1
                                  First Hattrick .....1
                                  Player of the Tournament .....1
                                  First 0-0 .....1
                                  First Penalty Shootout Winner .....1

That's 14 fixed amounts in total. There's also a couple of options then for

Win All 3 group games (to a max of 3 payouts)
                                  Lose all 3 group games (to a max of 3 payouts)
                                  Group Winners .....8

That would be 28/29 in total so 4 more to play around with. Happy to juggle a few things around if there's a better sweat to be had.

Comment

First 0-0 would have to be 2, 1 each.

Comment

Most/least goals concided

In for the random

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                        First 0-0 would have to be 2, 1 each.
                                        Would be better to split it €10 each i'd say, if we go with it.

Comment

oldest goalscorer
                                          youngest goal scorer
                                          1st direct free kick scored
                                          longest free kick scored

Comment

in for whatever
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

In for both, can't ship loots til 10th June tho,so if thats an issue give place to some one else
                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                Received both.

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                In for both, can't ship loots til 10th June tho,so if thats an issue give place to some one else
                                                That's no bother, you're in.

Comment

...could you send me your boyles details please if possible...
                                                  ...thanks...
                                                  ...Liam...

Comment

I presume people will be given letters at random? If so I'm in for both

Comment

In for both if room? Will probably deposit in a Boyle's shop do. Thanks gor organising
                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Paddypender View Post
                                                        I presume people will be given letters at random? If so I'm in for both
                                                        All players will be randomly drawn from the hat, and this is the order in which they will get to choose their preferred letter. Obviously the higher you get picked, the more chance you have of getting a decent selection.

Comment

Stick me in for both Tony.

Pm me skrill details.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

In for both tony, will ship on stars but cant until Thursday night, slumming it in paris at the minute

Comment

OP updated with entries and who has paid. Just 3 more entries available for the Alphabet Goalscorer Sweep.

Comment

In
                                                                and in.

Comment

Not sure what's involved, but in anyway.

Comment

in for both

Comment

That's our 18 for the Alphabet Goalscorer so any players now will be on an alternate list for people that don't pay up in the next 48 hours (bar some exceptions)

Still plenty of places left in the €20 Randomness Sweep!

Will check back in a couple of hours if anyone needs any details from me.

Comment

Not 100% what the 20e random sweepstake is that I said I want in on.
                                                                        Is it just every one drawin a team at random ???
                                                                        PB

Comment

Stick me down for the Random Draw and down on the reserve list for the other please.

Comment

€50 sent on Stars.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Received from NewApproach, bohsman, White Knight and Dimoxinil

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by PEACEBROTHER View Post
                                                                                Not 100% what the 20e random sweepstake is that I said I want in on.
                                                                                Is it just every one drawin a team at random ???
                                                                                Just ship €20 and you'll be randomly given 1 team from the WC. There'll then a load of scenarios (outlines above) and if your team is the one that fulfils that challenge, then you will win ~€20 for your troubles so there's a chance that you could win multiple times. It's just a bit of fun. The advantage here lies with drawing a team that will be playing early on to be in with a chance of winning one of the 'First' bets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Update (let me know if you spot a mistake)

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Just ship €20 and you'll be randomly given 1 team from the WC. There'll then a load of scenarios (outlines above) and if your team is the one that fulfils that challenge, then you will win ~€20 for your troubles so there's a chance that you could win multiple times. It's just a bit of fun. The advantage here lies with drawing a team that will be playing early on to be in with a chance of winning one of the 'First' bets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Update (let me know if you spot a mistake)
                                                                                  Cheers
                                                                                  Ill ship on Stars tomorrow or thursday and post here when shipped
                                                                                  PB

Comment

#42
                                                                                    In for whatever there's room for, if full stick me on the alternate list please.
                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Lads,

Can we have all the money in by 9pm Friday or we'll start giving places to the alternate list. Want to make sure there's ample time for people to make their picks so that we don't run into any trouble. Thanks

Let me know if you need any transfer details from me.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Pm Boyle details please.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Update

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Lads,

Can we have all the money in by 9pm Friday or we'll start giving places to the alternate list. Want to make sure there's ample time for people to make their picks so that we don't run into any trouble. Thanks

Let me know if you need any transfer details from me.
                                                                                            Bump!

Dimoxinil and Iago waiting in the bushes to steal your spot if you don't pay up

I'm off out for a couple of hours to hopefully there will be some action when i get back!

Comment

#47
                                                                                              20e sent via boyles
                                                                                              48

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                20e sent via boyles
                                                                                                Received

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  I'll head to a shop today.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Forgot to ship, sent now though

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Shipped on stars now from HornswaggleU

Sorry for the delay/asking for boyle's shop details previously.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                        Forgot to ship, sent now though
                                                                                                        $50 received, was meant to be €50 so need another $19 from you Reg

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                        Shipped on stars now from HornswaggleU

Sorry for the delay/asking for boyle's shop details previously.
                                                                                                        Nps, received!

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                          In for both tony, will ship on stars but cant until Thursday night, slumming it in paris at the minute
                                                                                                          €50 shipped on stars from scart888

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                            €50 shipped on stars from scart888
                                                                                                            Not received yet, will confirm when i do.

Received straight away, my emails just weren't refreshing.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Flushdraw; 29-05-14, 19:36.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Here's the state of affairs with 24 hours to ship

We have 13/18 paid (incl mocata) so 5 still to pay with 2 players on the reserve list waiting to pounce.

World Cup 2014 Randomness Lucky Dip Sweep

We have 17/21 paid (incl mocata) so still 4 to pay and another 11 spots available for entry. If they're not gone by tomorrow night, players can enter twice to fill it up because we'd like to have 32 players to cover the 32 teams. I'll be in for 2 if it's not sold out.

This is what we're playing for in the Random Sweep btw. If your team completes one of the below scenarios , you'll win a brand spanking crisp €20 note! (based on a €640 payout)
                                                                                                              • World Cup Winners
                                                                                                              • World Cup Runners Up
                                                                                                              • Golden Boot Winner
                                                                                                              • Golden Ball Winner
                                                                                                              • Young Player of the Tournament
                                                                                                              • Most Assists
                                                                                                              • Win All 3 group games (€60 kitty to be split between however many teams fulfil this)
                                                                                                              • Lose all 3 group games (€60 kitty to be split between however many teams fulfil this)
                                                                                                              • Team that Scores the Most Goals
                                                                                                              • Team that Scores the Least Goals
                                                                                                              • Team that Concedes the Most Goals
                                                                                                              • Most Goals scored in a game (€20 per team)
                                                                                                              • First Scored Penalty
                                                                                                              • First Missed Penalty
                                                                                                              • Fastest Goal
                                                                                                              • First Headed Goal
                                                                                                              • First Direct Free Kick Scored
                                                                                                              • First Own Goal
                                                                                                              • First Substitute to Score
                                                                                                              • First Hattrick (+3 goals)
                                                                                                              • Oldest Goalscorer
                                                                                                              • Youngest Goalscorer
                                                                                                              • First Penalty Shootout Winner
                                                                                                              • First 0-0 (€20 per team)
                                                                                                              • First Red Card
                                                                                                              • Team with Most Yellow Cards

Any discrepancies will be decided by official FIFA World Cup Records.
                                                                                                              Any unused monies will be divided between the top 2 teams on a 70-30 split.

Let me know if you spot any errors in the above.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                27...$ shipped from b...arpy on poker stars for random sweepstake
                                                                                                                PB

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  In FD, shipped 27.49 on stars, i think that should do!

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by PEACEBROTHER View Post
                                                                                                                    27...$ shipped from b...arpy on poker stars for random sweepstake
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                    In FD, shipped 27.49 on stars, i think that should do!
                                                                                                                    Received both, ty

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Can I get in on the randomness thing. Looks like a laugh and would add interest to world cup.

Is stars transfer possible?

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                                        Can I get in on the randomness thing. Looks like a laugh and would add interest to world cup.

Is stars transfer possible?
                                                                                                                        Yep, €20 to FlushdrawIRE and you're in!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X