Snooker World Championship Sweepstake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooker World Championship Sweepstake

Is anyone interested in doing this again this year? Here's last years thread, won by Aya with White Knight runner up.

Again, open only to 8 players. Will be the same format as last year at $40 a head and it's going to be $220 for winner and $100 for 2nd

I'm in, and will keep a spot for Connie147, Walter Mitty and last years champ Aya14 so 4 spots open. If any of the above don't want it, that's no bother.

1. Flushdraw
    2. Walter Mitty
    3. Connie147
    4. Aya14

Edit - Will put up the draw etc later
    Last edited by Flushdraw; 05-04-14, 12:17.

In

Comment

In obv

Comment

Qualifiers start on Tuesday and go on to the following Wednesday. Here's a list of who has to do what. We'll start doing the official draw when these finish.

Comment

in obviously.

Comment

In
            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Yup, back to defend my crown or luckbox it again....

Comment

in, ty.

Comment

1. Flushdraw
                  2. Walter Mitty
                  3. Connie147
                  4. Aya14
                  5. White Knight
                  6. mocata
                  7. thedini

One place left...

Comment

Still 1 spot open in this if anyone wants in.

The draw takes place tomorrow and here's the players and their seedings:

This is how the draw looks before tomorrow's draw:

Pots 3 and 4 will more than likely change so that there's only 2 players from each quarter in each pot.

Comment

I'll take it if it's still going Tony. Don't have Stars or any of that anymore so will have to sort something out for the transfer but will figure it out after the weekend.

Comment

Afaik last year nearly everyone just did a bank transfer, no escrow.
                        Going that way again Tony? otherwise let know where to ship to.

Cheers,
                        Ken

Comment

Will take first reserve if it comes up today.

Comment

Think this hinges on who gets first pick doesn't it

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                              Think this hinges on who gets first pick doesn't it
                              Not really. Robbie can only win as many frames as another 3 guys up to the semi, bar centuries obv. Well do this when I get home tonight. The draw is done but can't get online on my laptop to post it. Some of my fancied guys from pot 4 got nasty draws which is a shame.

Btw, no escrow just pay at the end.

Comment

Here are the players. Going to post in the BBV now and ask someone to randomly post the number 1-8 and that will be the picking order. Pls nobody involved post the draw.

We have less than 48 hours to get the draw done so we need to get it completed as quick as possible. It will be a random draw to see who gets 1st pick and we'll try to get it moving along as quick as possible.

If your name is drawn out 1st, you get 1st pick of Pot 1 and 4, but last pick of Pot 2 and 3. If you're drawn out 2nd, you get 2nd pick of Pot 1 and 4, but 7th pick from Pot 3 and 4 etc. You must pick only 1 player from each quarter of the draw, so for anyone confused, that's 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 blue and 1 red.

4. Flushdraw
                                6. Walter Mitty
                                7. Connie147
                                5. Aya14
                                2. White Knight
                                3. mocata
                                8. thedini
                                1. Eoghan104

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

4. Flushdraw
                                  6. Walter Mitty
                                  7. Connie147
                                  5. Aya14
                                  2. White Knight
                                  3. mocata
                                  8. thedini
                                  1. Eoghan104
                                  Here's the running order

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  3. mocata
                                  5. Aya14
                                  1. Eoghan104
                                  7. Connie147
                                  8. thedini
                                  2. White Knight
                                  4. Flushdraw
                                  6. Walter Mitty

mocata you're up, a player from Pots 1+4 pls.

I'll be heading back to Donegal soon, so keep it ticking along an i'll join in when i get a wifi spot on the bus. Ill send a PM to everyone also.

Comment

If you can PM the next guy on the list when you're done too pls After the first 8 selections are made, the order is reversed so pick away and PM also. e.g Walter Mitty gets 4 consecutive picks.

Comment

pot 1 Ronnie O sullivan

pot 4 Kyren Wilson

Comment

Pot 1 Neil Robertson
                                        Pot 4 Martin Gould

Comment

Pot 1 Mark selby
                                          Pot 4 Michael Wasley

Comment

If a person has been PMd and 6 hours pass between the hours of 7am and 1am then they will be given the 2 highest seeds available from pot 1 then pot 4. Seem fair?

Comment

If a person has been PMd and 6 hours pass between the hours of 7am and 1am then they will be given the 2 highest seeds available from pot 1 then pot 4. Seem fair?
                                              Yeah seems good to me. I Pm'ed Connie anyway.

Can you just give me the two top seeds when it comes to me next please? I won't be around later and know F all about the players anyway!

Comment

Pot 1---Judd Trump

Pot 4--- Michael White.

PM sent to thedini
                                                Last edited by connie147; 17-04-14, 19:26.

Comment

Hopefully thedini gets on soon. Both myself and Connie have Pm'd him. We'll give him til 9am to get his picks in or else we'll have to move on because we only have until tomorrow night really as it starts at 10am Saturday.

If he's not on, he'll get the highest seeds from Pots 1 and 4 and the action will move to White Knight.

Comment

Can I take Ding and White thanks.

Comment

Hopefully thedini gets on soon. Both myself and Connie have Pm'd him. We'll give him til 9am to get his picks in or else we'll have to move on because we only have until tomorrow night really as it starts at 10am Saturday.

If he's not on, he'll get the highest seeds from Pots 1 and 4 and the action will move to White Knight.
                                                      pm sent

Comment

I already picked White out of pot 4!

Comment

Ding and McManus.

Comment

I sent White Knight a PM this morning incase thedini didn't.

He'll have til 2am to get picks in or else will be given the highest seeds available.

Comment

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that at www.stakesandladders.com we can run your sweepstake for you online as a private pools for you and your mates!

Check us out and send me an email at annabel@stakesandladders.com for more info.

Cheers,

Double N

Comment

1. Hawkins
                                                                4. Ford

Comment

Sigh, if i was to take Bingham and Williams it would leave Fu and Hull who are both in the same quarter got Richie which i can't do. Didn't envisage it working out that way tbh, so now i need to think about it.

Comment

Pot 1. Marco Fu
                                                                    Pot 4. Robbie Wiliams

Comment

At the halfway stage

Comment

Walden and Day

Comment

I'm out and about and didn't get a pm or else I would have picked ages ago! Going for Higgins and Dale.

Comment

I'm out and about and didn't get a pm or else I would have picked ages ago! Going for Higgins and Dale.
                                                                            Sorry thought I had sent it, obv didn't click submit

Comment

#39
                                                                              Sorry thought I had sent it, obv didn't click submit
                                                                              nps. I Pm'd White Knight but i know he's in the UK. We'll need to move on if he doesn't pick in the next hour imo. We need to get it finished tonight, so he'll be given the 2 highest seeds available at 9pm and then action moves to thedini

Comment

#40
                                                                                2. Carter
                                                                                3. Cope

Edited to remove same colour from as another selection.
                                                                                Last edited by White Knight; 18-04-14, 19:36.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Murphy
                                                                                  Holt.

Pm sent to connie147
                                                                                  Last edited by thedini; 18-04-14, 20:58. Reason: colour blind

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                    Murphy
                                                                                    Day

Pm sent to connie147
                                                                                    Day is gone.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Had to go ahead without Connie i think becasue it's been 2.5 hours since thedini's pick. I sent a couple of texts too but no reply, but we need to get this finished tonight.

The highest seed left for Connie was Joe Perry (16) so he was left with only 1 choice from Pot 3 and that was Dave Gilbert.

Eoghan had already asked me to pick the highest seeds for him when it was his turn, so his highest seed left was Stephen Maguire (10) and he was left with only 1 choice from Pot 1, and that was Jamie Burnett.

Just Aya and Mocata left to pick. Aya has to get Mark Davis and mocata has to get Mark Allen, so it's choice between Guodong and Doherty that will give us out teams.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Ya Davis and guodong please. Cheers.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Just to note I never actually pm'd Mocata I'm sure he figured out he was left with Doherty though.

GL all.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                            Just to note I never actually pm'd Mocata I'm sure he figured out he was left with Doherty though.

GL all.
                                                                                            Ah yeah, i guessed that.

Here's the teams anyway. Ronnie out in the lead as expected with 5 frames and a century, with Hull getting a century of his own. Doherty not letting the game get away from him either, and has a couple of points on the board.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Could be crucial frames Hull is picking up for me here, already a century aswell, Ronnie has stolen one or two on me aswell including one where he needed a snooker. Couple more would be awesome

Happy with this though as I expected a thumping and if Day can finish off Maguire and Bingham can take care of Ken, Walden will hammer Wilson so I'll have 3 in the second round.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Day 1 almost complete (2 frames left in Ali Carter game) and not that it means anything, here's the table as it stands. I'll try to update daily.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  What channel is the snooker on?

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                    What channel is the snooker on?
                                                                                                    Carter on Eurosport at the moment

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Ryan Day ton missing from the update

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Ryan Day ton missing from the update
                                                                                                        And one from Murphy, ty

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          And one from Murphy, ty
                                                                                                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Wo...r_Championship

Good place to keep track of the centuries:

Televised stage centuries

130 Ryan Day
                                                                                                          124 Ronnie O'Sullivan
                                                                                                          112 Shaun Murphy
                                                                                                          102 Robin Hull

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Wo...r_Championship

Good place to keep track of the centuries:

Televised stage centuries

130 Ryan Day
                                                                                                            124 Ronnie O'Sullivan
                                                                                                            112 Shaun Murphy
                                                                                                            102 Robin Hull
                                                                                                            There's a link to centuries right in the middle if the world snooker page with scores aswell

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Yeah, i use this for live updated and centuries. Just forgot to add them in.

Nice rallying from Ken here. 3-0 and 5-3 down and now 7-5 up. Get up outta that Ken!

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Yeah, i use this for live updated and centuries. Just forgot to add them in.

Nice rallying from Ken here. 3-0 and 5-3 down and now 7-5 up. Get up outta that Ken!
                                                                                                                Load of bollocks, brutal snooker

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Great to see ken doing well, anyone who gets through the qualifiers deserves a bit of a run.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Delighted to see Ding get beaten even though he was one of my picks. Fair few shocks early on and all the big seeds really being made to work ( bar Ronnie of course).

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Oh dear John Higgins, such a bad miss on the blue. Thought the full comeback was on.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                                        Delighted to see Ding get beaten even though he was one of my picks. Fair few shocks early on and all the big seeds really being made to work ( bar Ronnie of course).
                                                                                                                        Any reason you dislike Ding, strikes me a real nice guy

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X