X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot 5 handed in small Satelite

Satelite for E225 game
    14/15 Runners Started
    everyone has invested E25-45(mostly E45)
    There are Tickets for top 2 and E50 back for third.

I came to the Final Table giant chip leader but was slowly depleting due to being card dead for a few orbits and the ever increasing (15 min) blinds.

We are 5 handed
    Blinds 2k/4k
    Average is approx 40k.

I am utg with approx 70k and wake up with a-k, I open to 12k.
    Sb who is a bit of a LAG maniac shoves for 40k
    BB who is a very competent aggressive player and is well aware of implied odds etc tanks for about 3 mins and reluctantly puts his approx 47k stack in the middle.

I snap call due my following reasons this is a turbo, ak is a monster 5 handed ,villains perceived range(s) being wider range than standard opponent.

This may all seem a bit standard but my questions to you are:

Do we always call here?

Is my opening raise way too big at 3X? @ 17 percent of my stack.

If I raise less, IE 2X , then can I and should I fold my AK to the two shoves?

So if I raise 8k and fold I will still have 62K(15.5bigs) and be second in chips.With either 4 or 5 players left.Is this a comfortable enough position to avoid this three way all in?

Appreciate all feedback in advance.
    Last edited by Bubbleboy; 22-03-12, 12:59.

open shove fold now

Comment

Shove pre. Anything else is really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
        open shove fold now
        Would you always open shove here?

I'd probably open 9.1k hoping to get shoved on by the laggy SB. When TAG BB reships I can fold & (I'm assuming) still be 3/4 in chips & not too far off 2nd.

Comment

Easy shove and roflcopter at folding now when we've 11bb effective and AK.

Comment

Ejacucall now. IMO

Comment

Edit. Didnt see this was a satty.
              Last edited by Closed_Account; 22-03-12, 19:15.

Comment

I haven't read replys yet, so may have been said already.

12k open is way too big. 8k is fine.
                As for the main decision. My instinct is to fold.
                You are the chip leader, and as such have the most equity in a ticket. After the hand you'll be second in chips with still quite a lot of equity in a ticket. Based on the average chips, I'm guessign the two players not in the hand have about 22 or 23k each. (70+47+40+23+22 = c.40k x 5)
                Obviously should you win, you guarantee a ticket. But AK does not play well 3 ways, if you lose, you end in on 23k also and playing 3 ways for the remaining ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  When TAG BB reships I can fold & (I'm assuming) still be 3/4 in chips & not too far off 2nd.
                  Assuming average is correct. Then if BB wins stacks will be 95k, 62k, 23k, 22k (if we open to 8k). Sb winning isn't much different, leaving a 7k shorty and only 88k up top.
                  Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Easy shove and roflcopter at folding now when we've 11bb effective and AK.
                  We've 15BBs, effective stack isn't important its not a cash game.

Comment

I'm pretty happy making an easy enough fold here to be honest.

Comment

Thanks all for the replies. This isn't really results orientated but I'll give you the spoiler anyway. LAG SB has A-A and BB has 9-9. I hit a king to take 14k side pot only.So left with 37K.
                      I actually went on to bink a ticket.

Mellor has touched on the reasoning as to why I posted this hand.
                      A well respected and winning player told me that my raise was 'retarded' and that if I make it 8K instead I can then fold very easily to the shove and reshove. He says as played I have forced myself into a call. 1 Big blind more surely isn't what has commited me?

Though it is a little on the high side,I like my raise because it eliminates the stop and go from the blinds with their bag of spanners and it puts my four opponents to the test preflop to commit their stack.I raise this amount because I don't want to play a flop(due to hand/stack and situation combined.) I want to get it all in or take the blinds.
                      Last edited by Bubbleboy; 23-03-12, 01:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleboy View Post
                        1 Big blind more surely isn't what has commited me?
                        The extra blind compounds, as you have less behind, pot is bigger, you will have less if you fold etc. All this affects the cal vrs fold equity. I disagree that you were commited this time. Its certainly closer after making it 12k, but I still fold. Regardless, the solution to the hand as a whole is to min raise and fold

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          We've 15BBs, effective stack isn't important its not a cash game.
                          Huh? Effective stack is always all that matters.

The biggest stack that shoved here was 47k which is just under 12bb
                          Last edited by Guest; 23-03-12, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            Huh? Effective stack is always all that matters.

The biggest stack that shoved here was 47k which is just under 12bb
                            47k is relevant as the bet size not the effective stack. There's a difference.
                            In a tourney, especially a Sat. We are concerned with our own stack per and post hand and not the effective stack.

It's prob easier to explain with an example. If we had 48k or 248k in the OP we can play different ranges profitably. But the effective stack is the same in each.

Comment

Working...
                            X