HEM v Poker tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEM v Poker tracker

Gonna get around to getting some sort of tracker / HUD system and wondering what is best and what is easiest to set up/use as i am a techno dunce tbh.

I understand that there is gonna be a new pokertracker4 launched in september so should i wait for that?

any help/guide would be appreciated

thanks

if you buy pt3 then it will automatically upgrade to pt4 when it happens (i hope).

i use pt3 but most guys on here use hem, i doubt there is any huge difference in them they are both market leaders and they both do essentially the same thing.

shop around before splashing out as some sites give free subscriptions to pt3 or hem when you sign up, might save yourself a few quid

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

i would advice HEM as ive found it really good since i got used to it,
      i am sure PT3 wouldnt be much different but i just like the set up of HEM and can give you some tips etc if you get that
      there will be obv people that can giv tips for pt3 aswel so maybe get the weeks trial of both and see which 'feels' better for yourself.

Comment

I used PT3 a few years ago and found it to be quite good and i'm using HEM now.

I think it's much of a muchness really but i'd say more people use HEM which makes it easier to find advice etc in the forums

As has been said already, prob best bet is to go for the trials and see what suits best

Comment

have installed HEM and cant get HUD on table (i poker)

I have checked the store hands locally in options and turned off user account control as well as Launch HUD auto box checked

relauched it as well but still cant get HUD

I am on a 15 day trial version btw

Comment

seems i have a lot of data to import as well and will take a while

can someone tell me what advantages having this is please

i am a simple bloke who enjoys poker but this is getting all massively mind blowing .....!!

Comment

Its almost impossible to be a winner online without using a HUD. GL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                Its almost impossible to be a winner online without using a HUD. GL!
                Cash i would assume you mean?
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                  Cash i would assume you mean?
                  Yep

I've been using PT3 for the last while, and HEM is definitely a small bit better.

Comment

What's the latest official update for HEM? What's the best way to keep HEM updated because you can't get the program to check for a new release. Just go onto the forums and update from there is it?

Are we all using 1.11.06g?

Comment

@ TheDrunkenOne

I'd stop that auto-import and just manually set it to import the folders that you're currently using, esp when you're only using the trial version. I probably wouldn't bother with hands that are more than 12 months old either

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        @ TheDrunkenOne

I'd stop that auto-import and just manually set it to import the folders that you're currently using, esp when you're only using the trial version. I probably wouldn't bother with hands that are more than 12 months old either
                        trying atm to do that but the folders keep coming back?

I have went to options settings and purged hands and will see if that works

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                          trying atm to do that but the folders keep coming back?

I have went to options settings and purged hands and will see if that works
                          If you click "click here to add auto import folders" just delete all the one's you aren't using and add leave your Boyles one or whatever. Before you do this, you can open up your Boyles folder and move all the older files out and just leave the last 6-12 months to import.

Comment

done this and they keep coming back !!!

me and HEM are becoming intimate enemies as i delve into its innards in an attempt to understand and control it

think i will learn to read chinese braille to relax

I knew it would come to this as even my mobile phone confuses me but have 15 days to master !!

Comment

just gonna get this download done 1st and then work out how this HEM works

over 14,000 players so far in data base

am wondering could i sell it lool

atm am thinking that its all too cluttered for me as i play 6-9 tabs on mtts

will wait till all downloaded then decide whether i keep it

I am a social player who doesnt need the wins although they are appreciated so to justfy

current HEM staus (rolled eys)

Comment

Once it's set up it's pretty straight forward. Good for reviewing hand historys etc. You should keep the HUD pretty basic while you adjust.

I'd recommend trying the table ninja as well, 30 day trial. Really makes multi-tabling so much easier, just watch the 5min youtube tutorial on their site and you'll have it set up in mins.

May as well turn pro after that!!

Comment

Originally posted by OnyaByke View Post
                                  Once it's set up it's pretty straight forward.
                                  not for a dinosaur like me Good for reviewing hand historys etc. agreed hereYou should keep the HUD pretty basic while you adjust.+1

I'd recommend trying the table ninja as well, 30 day trial. nearly choked on my bacon buttie at this Really makes multi-tabling so much easier, just watch the 5min youtube tutorial on their site and you'll have it set up in mins.I love your optimism

May as well turn pro after that!!Happy to just stay in profit making a few $$ for now..i suppose i am a poor pro atm
                                  10 hs now left on download

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                    just gonna get this download done 1st and then work out how this HEM works

over 14,000 players so far in data base

am wondering could i sell it lool

atm am thinking that its all too cluttered for me as i play 6-9 tabs on mtts

will wait till all downloaded then decide whether i keep it
                                    I've one of the worst connections on IPB and i can't imagine it even taking that long on mine, something doesn't seem right.

I've over 120,000 players in my database fwiw

Comment

checked on FAQ and yes its slow 1.8 per hands/s atm and drops to 0.1 at times ..have to do a clean up or summit

Comment

Took the 60 day free trial. I have it set up on Stars but I cant set up Boyles. I have I Poker ticked but it gives me Paddy Power and 2 other options. When I go into options on Boyles, I have store hand history locally turned on. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                          Took the 60 day free trial. I have it set up on Stars but I cant set up Boyles. I have I Poker ticked but it gives me Paddy Power and 2 other options. When I go into options on Boyles, I have store hand history locally turned on. Any ideas?
                                          same prob for me..can get it going for cash but not mtt/sng's

Comment

Working...
                                          X