Custom Built Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Built Desktops

Whats a good site that does custom built desktop computers?

Thanks

You should ask here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842
    They usually recommend buying from a German site, harwareversand.de They can put together whatever your looking for 20euro but its just as easy to put it together yourself

Comment

Custompc.ie

Comment

I built my own one last year and used the site referenced above from boards to get it done, can find it HERE
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Gerrard92 View Post
          You should ask here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842
          They usually recommend buying from a German site, harwareversand.de They can put together whatever your looking for 20euro but its just as easy to put it together yourself
          Use Hardwareversand.de for sure, highly recommended. They charge €5 for building your PC now and shipping is about €15.00. Usually takes a week to get to you.

Comment

Posted my own thread on Boards anyway to get a couple of recommendations, will buy through Hardwareversand I guess.

Thread is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...0#post85677910 if anybody is interested

Looking forward to getting a new computer, I love new gadgets

Thanks

Comment

you can also get them done with www.overclockers.co.uk.

Once you've decided what you want, for a few extra quid, they will find the most stable overclock settings for the desktop, and send them on to you for you to configure.

They are also great value. I've personally bought most of my gear through them.

Comment

You're probably better off asking in the computer forum on 2P2. But you're really don't need anything special for running poker these days.

Comment

I never found the part on the site where they get it to build it for you, ended up building it myself but would've easily paid the small amount of € to have them do it, when I was building it came across a couple of problems and never got the full 16gb ram I bought to work, also couldn't figure out the front USB 3.0 connectors
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Use cable if possible to connect to router instead of wireless, far superior for data intensive tasks. Worth doing a bit of analysis on your current setup to find out where the bottleneck is. One quick way is to have task manager running whilst playing and keep an eye for CPU/RAM usage, also an I/O monitor that will show if your hard drive is overstretched. If hard drive isn't supplying data quick enough,a RAID setup would be worth looking at. The mere fact of moving to a desktop will be a big help in itself, doing heavy work with laptop is like pulling trailers with a VW golf. Consider a multi monitor setup too, one screen for the pokers,one for HM,and one for browsing/emails etc. The extra desktop room is awesome for stuff like this.
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Ordered from the German site anyway,looking forward to getting it now

Yeah, I do always use Ethernet cables, where available
                      I did do a bit of analysis alright, and it was clear I needed a big jump in CPU and Memory, so i7 3770k and 32 GB should sort me out.
                      I didnt actually test if its a HD problem, but with a 256 GB SSD, it seems very unlikely?

I already have Dual 30" monitors, have had for years!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                        Ordered from the German site anyway,looking forward to getting it now

Yeah, I do always use Ethernet cables, where available
                        I did do a bit of analysis alright, and it was clear I needed a big jump in CPU and Memory, so i7 3770k and 32 GB should sort me out.
                        I didnt actually test if its a HD problem, but with a 256 GB SSD, it seems very unlikely?

I already have Dual 30" monitors, have had for years!

Cheers
                        you probably know this but just in case, make sure you get a 64 bit operating system or half your ram won't be used.

Comment

Working...
                        X