Resetting Network Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting Network Adapter

Got a new laptop in work, every time I take it out of sleep or switch it on I have to set the network adapter to connect to the wifi. No one else seems to have a problem with it.

It's running W8 and all the drivers are up to date.

I had a quick google around and tried a dns flush but can't seem to fix the problem.

It sounds like a driver issue or a services issue.
    have a look here
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Got a new laptop in work, every time I take it out of sleep or switch it on I have to set the network adapter to connect to the wifi. No one else seems to have a problem with it.

It's running W8 and all the drivers are up to date.

I had a quick google around and tried a dns flush but can't seem to fix the problem.
      My mate was having the same problem on his W8 machine it's to do with the power settings I fiddled with a couple of the settings and it sorted it, I'm not a fan of W8 but if you get to this screen from the control panel you should be able to see the specific setting and change it.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

One thing I plan to do was check ipconfig to see if the ip address is there and if not then ipconfig /renew

Just decided to see if my problem was mentioned in here and spotted Denny on about it.

Comment

Working...
        X