The Lose 2 Stone in 8 weeks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    Diet looks to be much better! Far cleaner alright.

Still not mad about the cereal in the morning though. Eggs eggs and more eggs is my motto!

Good work starting the weights, you'll feel a huge difference very quickly, the scales might not show much, as you replace fat with muscle, but your clothes will fit better, and your waist will disappear rapidly.

Have you had a go of the calculator on www.fitday.com? Just to track your food even more anally? Gives a better breakdown of calories, and the nutrients involved.
    Yeah, could easily add in eggs at breakfast I guess, do you just go for scrambled eggs? If so, how many a day and do you have anything with them?

Sickpuppy (I think) already mentioned fitday, had a quick glance at it but want to take a closer look at it.

Comment

Not too hi-jack the thread but I've been having a smoothie every morning, maybe someone can tell me how good or bad it is.

2 Tbl spoons of Low fat pro biotic yogurt
      6-7 Frozen Blackberrys
      2 Kiwis (pealed)
      150-200nl Pure Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
      Sometimes a drizzle of Honey

Also, Nice thread Lao Lao, some great stuff in it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
        Not too hi-jack the thread but I've been having a smoothie every morning, maybe someone can tell me how good or bad it is.

2 Tbl spoons of Low fat pro biotic yogurt
        6-7 Frozen Blackberrys
        2 Kiwis (pealed)
        150-200nl Pure Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
        Sometimes a drizzle of Honey

Also, Nice thread Lao Lao, some great stuff in it.
        Well whats good or bad?
        its full of water soluble vitamins also lots of sugar even if its natural
        so would definitely give you a nice
        energy boost in the morning

like something like porridge cant stomach it myself will give you a much slower energy release

do you find yourself hungry soon after eating the smoothie

Comment

I dont find it too bad for filling me. I normally eat about 2-3 hours after it. I'm just talking good or bad in terms of smootihies.

Is there any problems with natural sugars in the quantity I consume?

Comment

Reduced membership fees for all poker players!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi people,

I hope all is going well on the poker front this year, I know a few off you are trying the new year "Fitness Regime" and trying to get yourself into shape! I also belive there is a few prop bets involved in this!
            I just thought I would let you's all know about the new Energie Fitness Club on Clarendon Street in the city centre. At the moment we are running great deals on membership and have started a new 6 week program called "EMPOWER". This is a program designed for your own personal needs and the best thing about it is the Results are guaranteed and if not, providing you stick to the program we will give you your money back.
            All the equipment in the club is brand new (only 2 weeks) and each machine has its own TV which is always nice too have, there is a 20 metre pool with a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi to chill out in.
            It would be a good way for a few off you guys to get training together before you head in and grind through the tourneys and cash games in town. We are within walking distance from all the poker Clubs in town so its very handy in that respect.

If anybody is interested I can arrange a 1 day free trail for the club and for you too come down and have a look around the place. As a poker player myself I got a deal with the management here for poker players which is a coporate rate this works out at a 25% discount monthly. Just send me a PM with your name and number on it and i'll give you a call and talk too about everything in more depth.

I hope too see some off you soon!

Regards
            John Doherty

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
              I dont find it too bad for filling me. I normally eat about 2-3 hours after it. I'm just talking good or bad in terms of smootihies.

Is there any problems with natural sugars in the quantity I consume?
              I dont think so im no expert though.
              At least making your own you know exactly what goes into it.
              Just in the modern diet many people do eat excess sugar.
              What your having is fine imo.

Comment

If your trying to lose weight, Smoothie prob isnt the best thing to have in the morning. Not the worst but there are far better.

Eggs. I know its repeated over and over again but thats because its prob the best breakfast you can have.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Have been seriously slack in updating this thread and am in work at the minute so here is a quick update.

Monday 17th
                  -------------

Out with the scales and came in at 13 stone 10 pounds which was only a one pound loss on the previous week!

Monday 17th - Sunday 23rd
                  ---------------------------
                  Work again took over so much time this week and also had to work Saturday as well which led me only getting two sessions in the gym, one cardio and one weights

On the plus side, the diet was pretty much on track except for one night where I had dinner at a friends, felt it be a bit rude to demand all protein and no carbs so eat whatever I was given. This was also the only night of the week that I consumed alcohol which is very good for me

I also weighed myself this morning and I came in at 13 stone 8 pounds which is a 2 pound loss for the week.

To date, the weight loss is not as much as I had wanted, 6 pounds instead of a target of 9-10 but am fully aware that this is mainly due to the fact that I am not hitting the gym as often as I planned, work being the main factor behind this.

Am really going to try to push the gym this week and try to work off a good 3-5 pounds to get myself back on track, easier said than done though!

Comment

Tuesday 25th
                    --------------
                    Breakfast - scrambled eggs
                    Lunch - chicken breasts
                    Dinner - Tuna Salad
                    Snacks - Apple, Pear, Grapes

Work Out - Swim (All Front Crawl)

1 x 100m
                    1 x 200m
                    1 x 100m
                    1 x 200m
                    1 x 100m

Short pause in between each one

Post Work Out - Banana & Sports Drink

Comment

Diet looks good. Good work with that. Try adding some more vegtables in. Start doing weights I would suggest. Muscle burns quicker then fat.

Don't get discouraged if you aren't losing weight as quickly as you'd want. Even the smallest loss is still a loss!

Comment

Have been meaning to post an update on this for ages now but never seemed to get around to it!

Despite the lack of updating, I have been still getting in some gyms sessions and attempting to stick to the diet, however the target to lose 2 stone in 8 weeks was a failure and this was due to not doing enough of the above!

Starting Stats
                        --------------
                        Height : 5'10"
                        Weight : 14 stone on the nose
                        Chest : 41.5 inches
                        Stomach : 38 inches

March 1st Stats
                        ----------------
                        Height : 5'10"
                        Weight : 13 stone 2 pounds
                        Chest : 38 inches
                        Stomach : 35 inches

So that's a total loss of 12 pounds, 3 inches off the stomach and 3.5 inches off the chest for the 8 week period

Since March 1st, I've managed to shed another 2 pounds, another inch off the stomach and .5 inch off the chest which is good to see but still nowhere near what I should be doing.

Am still thinking of trying for a triathlon this year but I know I will need to really ramp up and become more consistent on the training/diet front to have any hope of doing this.

Between now and and the end of April will be a crucial time for me and I'll know for sure by then if I'm in a position to compete in one.

Cheers for all the support everyone!

Comment

Working...
                        X