Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what an angle grinder is. I know what a wire brush is.

Baffled as to how you combine the two into one. Or why.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Huh, all four of these cunce were regs in the Grosvenor in Sheffield

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        I know what an angle grinder is. I know what a wire brush is.

Baffled as to how you combine the two into one. Or why.
        This kind of thing. Does an excellent job of removing old paint, when you don't want to ponce around with a heat gun

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
          Huh, all four of these cunce were regs in the Grosvenor in Sheffield

https://news.sky.com/story/rotherham...RDgS6JxuSnrSac
          No idea of the general proportion of people who suffer sexual abuse in the UK but I thought 1510 estimated victims(assume almost all girls) out of approx 131,000 women in Rotherham is incredibly high.

Most of the victims were under 16 at the time, so assuming all victims were under 24, it means the pool of victims was approximately 40,000. Basically, almost 4% of women in the targeted demographic were abused. Pretty incredible stuff.

Comment

We've been privileged these past 15 years or sob

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              Brother got sorted with a ticket today. Texts me a few hours later, will upper Hogan do? Anywhere at all, even in some corner somewhere. Well he said, upper Hogan will have to do and sends me a pic of the ticket.

Giddy now and can enjoy the week.
              Squared away the required Hill tickets for 4 of the lads and have 2 stand tickets that I'll arrange a swap for. Now to survive the worry and stress of tonight!
              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                No idea of the general proportion of people who suffer sexual abuse in the UK but I thought 1510 estimated victims(assume almost all girls) out of approx 131,000 women in Rotherham is incredibly high.

Most of the victims were under 16 at the time, so assuming all victims were under 24, it means the pool of victims was approximately 40,000. Basically, almost 4% of women in the targeted demographic were abused. Pretty incredible stuff.
                It's way way higher. There's an American statistic that says 1 in 6 men and 1 in 5 women but even that is going to be on the low side as a lot will never come forward.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                  It's way way higher. There's an American statistic that says 1 in 6 men and 1 in 5 women but even that is going to be on the low side as a lot will never come forward.
                  I'm not surprised that abuse is far higher given the perpetrators of abuse are generally those in close proximity to the victim. This incident is different though.

This systematic exploitation within one relatively small region by those not in close proximity to the victims in terms of family connections for example(as far as I've read) must be relatively high. Obviously it pales in comparison to the overall statistics like you say but this type of exploitation at approximately 4% must be very high for the UK.

Comment

The o ne in four charity , https://www.oneinfour.ie/
                    Is called One in four for a reason.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm not surprised that abuse is far higher given the perpetrators of abuse are generally those in close proximity to the victim. This incident is different though.

This systematic exploitation within one relatively small region by those not in close proximity to the victims in terms of family connections for example(as far as I've read) must be relatively high. Obviously it pales in comparison to the overall statistics like you say but this type of exploitation at approximately 4% must be very high for the UK.
                      The Catholic Church says hello. In no way playing down this incident or anything but it's preying on the vulnerable much like the church. Proximity is one part of it with the church sure, but it still comes down to the most vulnerable.

Comment

Good effort to lose this from 22-3 and a man up.

Comment

I've decided I'm going to be up for Dublin tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            I've decided I'm going to be up for Dublin tomorrow.
                            I don't really give a shite who wins. BBQing for 30.

The kids would be disappointed not to get their annual 'no homework because Sam Maguire came to school today' day though.

Comment

Dunno about those numbers but they operated with impunity for about 15 years because the police didn't want to be perceived as racist.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I don't really give a shite who wins. BBQing for 30.

The kids would be disappointed not to get their annual 'no homework because Sam Maguire came to school today' day though.
                                Wouldnt usually too but they covered a few h'caps when I backed them and when I backed the outsiders with a hcap Dublin didnt put on the full burners so they deserve it.
                                30! some hungry droolers there no doubt.

Comment

Fuck d'dubs, I'm definitely rooting for Kerry after this tweet...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Wouldnt usually too but they covered a few h'caps when I backed them and when I backed the outsiders with a hcap Dublin didnt put on the full burners so they deserve it.
                                    I've also backed the handicaps last 2 years and they've covered all bar 1. Still shouting for Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      Fuck d'dubs, I'm definitely rooting for Kerry after this tweet...

To quote Kevirl here . GFYL

Comment

More slammin' Missy genius from the MTV Awards (yes there's still such a thing!)...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

it's tomorrow for the bbq...I just stay outside grillin' and drinkin', then the wimminz seems to take care of the rest

Comment

Our favourite Brexit commentator is back from his holidays and has a depressingly realistic take.

Comment

Drove through a few housing estates in inchicore and clondalkin today and I could count on one hand the number of Dublin flags I saw in any of them.
                                              Sad.

Comment

Our favourite Brexit commentator is back from his holidays and has a depressingly realistic take.
                                                That's very unpleasant bedtime reading.

Shocking to think going north today that the next time I go there I'll likely be leaving the EU and having to face people whose hard won constitutional peace treaty has been torn up by a gang of pig fucking overpriviliged Eton school bullies

Comment

The article he mentions in ForeignPolicy is as described:https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/08/29...its-a-mistake/

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Drove through a few housing estates in inchicore and clondalkin today and I could count on one hand the number of Dublin flags I saw in any of them.
                                                    Sad.

Any excuse to have a go at the dubs . This one is fairly scraping the barrel.

Comment

Sad.
                                                      They probably waited till you were gone
                                                      Was u driving a white van with a country reg
                                                      Must have thought you were casing the houses out

Comment

I decided I'm gonna shout for Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                          I decided I'm gonna shout for Kerry
                                                          Do you have your bunting Up?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            Do you have your bunting Up?
                                                            His herd are fully painted.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                              They probably waited till you were gone
                                                              Was u driving a white van with a country reg
                                                              Must have thought you were returning their used mattresses
                                                              fyp

#DublinMeHole

Comment

Anyone else having problems getting on here from chrome?

Comment

That's very unpleasant bedtime reading.

Shocking to think going north today that the next time I go there I'll likely be leaving the EU and having to face people whose hard won constitutional peace treaty has been torn up by a gang of pig fucking overpriviliged Eton school bullies
                                                                  Flying up there today which already requires 12 hours notice to UK Border Force (why I don't know) so I'm used to it. Hoping they stay in the aviation regulatory framework or else I'll be looking for a new mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Howdy folks.

The new Dave Chappelle standup on Netflix is very good. Quite the return to form from the big man after his years in the wilderness
                                                                    New Simon Amstell standup is very good too.

Comment

U21s go to ET or replay?

Nvm Extra time it seems. Lots of goals flying in lol
                                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 01-09-19, 13:29.

Comment

Serious amount of diving creeping into GAA these days.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Fuckin hell - Dubs in a huge hole now, hard to see the miracle run continuing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                            Serious amount of diving creeping into GAA these days.
                                                                            Creeping? Been happening for years at this stage. The likes of Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Tyrone are absolute masters of it and all things cynical

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              GFYAJ, I know what you're doing

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                Wat? did he send another two and Cluxton off just before half time

Comment

This could be fun...

Comment

This could be fun...
                                                                                    Me bleeding heart

Comment

Meh

Comment

That was the chance. Apart from missing the penalty pretty much everything went Kerry's way and they couldn't do it. This must be what it feels like to be a Mayo fan. Dublin will win the replay handy. Kerry blew it

Comment

Definitely feels like Kerry left that one behind them, can't imagine it will be any easier come the 14th.

Comment

Did the big kick catch game end as a draw?

Wow that must be.... can't even finish

Comment

Me bleeding heart
                                                                                              Nice start to the Big Five O on the 14th

Comment

14 Dubs finishing strong against 16 men. Kerry missed their chance I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                  14 Dubs finishing strong against 16 men. Kerry missed their chance I reckon
                                                                                                  Kerry trying to play the clock down with 10 minutes to go with the dubs one man down was lol bad and pathetic, especially considering how well they were moving the ball, and that's coming from a Frenchman who knows absolutely nothing about bogball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Nice start to the Big Five O on the 14th
                                                                                                    I see that
                                                                                                    Must try and get the dubs and Sam to the hotel after to help us celebrate
                                                                                                    😂
                                                                                                    Backed the draw today at 14/1 so happy enough

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                      Kerry trying to play the clock down with 10 minutes to go with the dubs one man down was lol bad and pathetic, especially considering how well they were moving the ball, and that's coming from a Frenchman who knows absolutely nothing about bogball.
                                                                                                      Yep brown shorts for next years Kerry kit I reckon , so stupid

That was their assasinate Hitler to prevent the holocaust moment and they blew it

Comment

No Sam presented today boys. We haven't gone away you know. Much pride #noemojisuitable

Comment

1 other thing and I'm not having a go at anyone or any county but the Kerry support was brilliant today. Don't tell me it doesnt matter to us. 5 to 1 dogs but we showed up en masse and got behind our boys

Comment

Last thing I promise and you can prob tell ive a few sherrys on board but Dublin are a fantastic team , prob the best I've ever seen, but we need to stop comparing past and present teams and players. Different eras, styles, rules. Brilliant in their own right

Comment

1 other thing and I'm not having a go at anyone or any county but the Kerry support was brilliant today. Don't tell me it doesnt matter to us. 5 to 1 dogs but we showed up en masse and got behind our boys
                                                                                                              Did u enjoy doing the Christmas shopping as well
                                                                                                              Another day out in 2 weeks if you forgot any last minute presents
                                                                                                              Enjoy the replay

Comment

Said it before and I’ll say it again - Kerry fans are the best in the country. Such gracious winners and losers. Just the best of people.

Cannot see Cooper marking Clifford again, Mick Fitz the man for that job it seems. Clifford unlikely to be that wayward again, Geaney excellent in spells but not enough, he can improve. Jack Barry took Fenton out of the game. Con was kept quiet by the extra man playing on him. Mannion was phenomenal.

Jack McCaffrey. Sweet Jesus what a player.

Thought Sean O Se was on another level to how he’s played all year. O’Brien quiet but can improve.

WHAT A GAME
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Did u enjoy doing the Christmas shopping as well
                                                                                                                  Another day out in 2 weeks if you forgot any last minute presents
                                                                                                                  Enjoy the replay
                                                                                                                  only up here the 29 years but never miss the opportunity when I'm "In town"

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  Said it before and I’ll say it again - Kerry fans are the best in the country. Such gracious winners and losers. Just the best of people.

Cannot see Cooper marking Clifford again, Mick Fitz the man for that job it seems. Clifford unlikely to be that wayward again, Geaney excellent in spells but not enough, he can improve. Jack Barry took Fenton out of the game. Con was kept quiet by the extra man playing on him. Mannion was phenomenal.

Jack McCaffrey. Sweet Jesus what a player.

Thought Sean O Se was on another level to how he’s played all year. O’Brien quiet but can improve.

WHAT A GAME
                                                                                                                  You know I genuinely don't mind losing to the true fans and I count you right up there.

Spot on, brilliant game, football the winner.

Jack = swoon but ye have so many of them.

Roll on the 14th, our sweetest or history. Either way I wanna be there. #thumbsup

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                    Mannion was phenomenal.
                                                                                                                    Dunno about that, I’d say Kerry would be more than happy with his contribution. Thought Howard was exceptional.

Lost my bollocks on the game backing Kerry and overs goals but will be going back in again. Seems to be a lot of commentary that everything went right for Kerry today and it won’t be the same the next day, they missed a penalty, hit the crossbar and had a goal cleared off the line!

Comment

When did an underdog ever win a GAA replay?

Comment

Hopefully the ref doesn't wear green and gold knickers on the 14th
                                                                                                                        A brilliant, brilliant game.
                                                                                                                        Would have been cruel to kerry to lose it at the death
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

When did an underdog ever win a GAA replay?
                                                                                                                          Kerry in 2014 in the football off the top of my head. Or Limerick hurlers in the semi final last year.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X