X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    eugh the tilt is fucking real!

I lost my old iphone which wasnt that big a deal because I was due an upgrade anyway. Order a new phone online but I get an email today saying it was out of stock. I rang them up and they said just pop into a store and they will have a phone for me.

Get the bus from Drumcondra to town only to be told they cant give me the phone until I show my passport. Back to Drumcondra to get passport and back into town. Only this time they tell me that it will take the weekend to process my details and I have to call back in Monday to collect the phone

Fucking foaming at the mouth here. Goons
    ye need ta relax.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      See this being done in any decent barbers.
      Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
      Get your barber to 'even up your eyebrows' at the end of every haircut.

Then keep in check yourself every week or 10 days. Works good for me.

That should be enough until late 40s early 50s when they'll likely need a more engaged approach!
      Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      Just ask for your eyebrows to be done when you get your haircut. Fairly standard stuff.
      Ooooh la-di-da, lok at me, I have hair and go to a barbers!

Personally when I see a mad wild hair in my eyebrows I pull it out, or if I can't get it out I cut it. These are usually the weird coarse ones, I wouldn't dream of doing much more than that to my eyebrows.

Comment

I'd be great company for 40 mins, then look for a tiled floor to lie on for 10mins, then hungry, then great company again for the night until the cycle restarts
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I have perfect eyebrows.
          I'm dressed as a cowboy.
          These are facts.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Want to post the lovely picture of my Mam, that the Da had in his wallet. Not going to scan it now, but it was from when she was seventeen. So, that dates it about 1953. And while the camera was around long before that, I'm still surprised working/peasant class catholics in Ireland had access to such technology. Never knew he had a wallet either, it was always just folded up notes.

tl;dr

nostalgia/tired
            Last edited by ComradeCollie; 26-07-14, 00:31.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

ah post it up soon Collie.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                I''ve learned to cope with the extra hair that appears for a man in his mid thirties for the most part but my eyebrow situation is proving a little problematic. I do a scissors job about once a week by cutting against the grain and ridding myself of the length issue but I'm becoming increasingly less confident going at them for the finer points.

What Im asking is how do forum members of a simalar age or older go about keeping some sort of order above your eyes, any tips or links?
                I wouldn't be averse to getting a professional to sort it, anyone taken the plunge?
                tweezers

Comment

Can't relate to how difficult this current grief is for you Collie but there's definitely listening ears here for you and continue to post whatever you feel is worthy of sharing.

Stay strong dude.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Pure dacent little film about a Jackeen layabout

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      thanks for this, I have requested 430mm so tending towards the disabled spectrum

I shall report back in two weeks time. For the first time today, I started feeling a burning desire to be back in my own place.
                      Good luck Sir.

Have spent the last 6 months watching Fraiser for the first time every morning on C4 from 9-10. Never saw it before but finally get Finkles Niles reference for you.

Any chance of a Niles type smile selfie?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        Reports of some people not being able to log on or post here, but able to view the site. If anyone reading this is getting the same can you please email any error messages or screenshot to irishpokerboards@gmail.com
                        Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        If there is anyone reading this that was getting the db errors can they please check again if it's still happening?
                        Yeah, I'm back too, thanks.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if Blackrock flea market is on today?

Comment

GFYD75
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                              Can anyone tell me if Blackrock flea market is on today?
                              11 am I think http://blackrockmarket.com/

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Never in my life have I considered trimming my eyebrows, I've never needed to. Never had a stray hair needing tweezing.

Thinking now maybe I'm the weird one.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Going into Purple Box later on to get my first vaping kit.

Gonna go for this one I think.

How long should a 10ml juice last? I'd be a light to medium smoker.

Comment

You should really be aiming to be a non - smoker.
                                            @Hitch...... step away from the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                              You should really be aiming to be a non - smoker.
                                              @Hitch...... step away from the keyboard.
                                              Cheers Martin. After fourteen years of trying to quit that thought never occurred to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                Cheers Martin. After fourteen years of trying to quit that thought never occurred to me.
                                                Not sure how to take that, so gonna go for the standard reply......
                                                SPOILER
                                                GFYL

Comment

Pearce Hanley just had a cracker of a game for Brisbane against Gold Coast. Nearly broke the meters gained record. Was 60m short.

Good to see considering he has struggled a little bit to make impressions on games by aussie accounts. LiveGaelic lads might be interested in that.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Thanks for us he replies. I can honestly say that I have never really heard of a barber doing this. I must request next time.

Comment

Comment

What's the best way to quit smoking? Hypnotism, meditation, group therapy?

If someone could package together a winning programme I could see it being very lucrative for them.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post

If someone could package together a winning programme I could see it being very lucrative for them.
                                                            From the evidence it seems vaping is the most successful way. By a country mile.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                The English guy is class in there.
                                                                On the way in now, have a bunch of questions for him.

Comment

From the evidence it seems vaping is the most successful way. By a country mile.
                                                                  Anecdotal I know, but all my mates who vape just do it between cigs and smoke as much as ever.

I have an alco mate who just sucks on his vapourizer constantly when he's hung-over, like a baby sucking on his soother. It is mucho disturbing and really puts me against the whole vapourizing trend.

Comment

Don't go for that starter kit, the cartridges are a pain in the hole, they don't hold much juice and are award to fill. Get a tank instead where you can just pour the liquid in. 10 mils won't last Pissing time. Get a 30 mil bottle of something.
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Wholeheartedly recommending The Price by Arthur Miller running at The Gate theatre til the 16th of August

Comment

I'm just after reading this and now realise this is your first time getting into vapeing. I admire you for trying to quit smoking and have no doubt you can do it if you use vapeing as a smoking substitute and compliment it with a healthy mental and physical life-style.

Good luck to you my friend.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                            Wholeheartedly recommending The Price by Arthur Miller running at The Gate theatre til the 16th of August
                                                                            Excellent that you said that. I'm forced to go to the theatre for the first time in 20 odd years, and pulled the trigger and got tickets to that play yesterday. Will be seeing it in early August.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I'm just after reading this and now realise this is your first time getting into vapeing. I admire you for trying to quit smoking and have no doubt you can do it if you use vapeing as a smoking substitute and compliment it with a healthy mental and physical life-style.

Good luck to you my friend.
                                                                              Cheers buddy, that's nice of you.

Baby arriving real soon, don't want the smell of that shit on me anymore. Want to live until their 21st too.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                Don't go for that starter kit, the cartridges are a pain in the hole, they don't hold much juice and are award to fill. Get a tank instead where you can just pour the liquid in. 10 mils won't last Pissing time. Get a 30 mil bottle of something.
                                                                                I'll ask about all that so.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                  Want to post the lovely picture of my Mam, that the Da had in his wallet. Not going to scan it now, but it was from when she was seventeen.
                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Not being mentally weak?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                      Not being mentally weak?
                                                                                      Bro I don't know you from Adam and I'm sure you're a rich, successful, fulfilled dude- but trust me there are others who are very strong and successful who still smoke.

And I'm here to help them, with my one week programme which can guarantee you your same lifestyle - but with one big change, you'll never want to smoke another cigarette again.

Comment

[ ] citation needed
                                                                                        non anecdotal, peer reviewed not sponsored by tobacco or e cig industry. Please.

The more I see and read the more deeply sceptical I become.
                                                                                        Sure it could possibly be a slightly better option than gums and patches as a nicotine delivery system and there are a few individuals who have used it to reduce nicotine consumption but they are a tiny tiny minority.

Recently I noticed a number of secondary school kids I know vaping, speaking to them I found that they are also smoking but had actually started with vaping.
                                                                                        Then there is the commercial relationship between big tobacco and e cigs industry real and how that is used as for marketing and promotion.

My most pressing concern is that the biggest effect of vaping is the re normalisation of smoking and this is a very bad thing. We are still at a ludicrous figure of over 20% of people smoking, double what it is in some Scandinavian countries, and the move to vaping will almost certainly have a negative effect on the epidemiology.
                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-07-14, 12:03.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          non anecdotal, peer reviewed not sponsored by tobacco or e cig industry. Please.
                                                                                          So the vaping side isn't allowed use their hundreds of anecdotal success stories?

Recently I noticed a number of secondary school kids I know vaping, speaking to them I found that they are also smoking but had actually started with vaping.
                                                                                          But you can just throw this anecdotal stuff in when you want?

Comment

How does the cost of vapping compare to smoking?

Comment

And I'm here to help them, with my one week programme which can guarantee you your same lifestyle - but with one big change, you'll never want to smoke another cigarette again.
                                                                                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                It can be really really cheap, a 20 a day smoker (€70 a week) could comfortably vape for an initial start up cost of €30 and then €5-10 a week thereafter.

There is definitely a 'gadget boy' element to it though, can get in to the habit of continually buying new kit anywhere between €30 and €80.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  Fraction of the cost. 20 a month probably.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    It can be really really cheap, a 20 a day smoker (€70 a week) could comfortably vape for an initial start up cost of €30 and then €5-10 a week thereafter.

There is definitely a 'gadget boy' element to it though, can get in to the habit of continually buying new kit anywhere between €30 and €80.
                                                                                                    Shop online and it's ridic cheap to buy enough liquid for the month.

Comment

Spent the last five hours moving stuff in and out of storage. Nothing like hard physical work and manly sweat

SPOILER
                                                                                                      to make you say 'thanks be to fuck I don't do this for a living'. Soft office jobs ftw.
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

[ ] citation needed

Sure it could possibly be a slightly better option than gums and patches as a nicotine delivery system and there are a few individuals who have used it to reduce nicotine consumption but they are a tiny tiny minority.

Then there is the commercial relationship between big tobacco and e cigs industry real and how that is used as for marketing and promotion.

My most pressing concern is that the biggest effect of vaping is the re normalisation of smoking and this is a very bad thing. We are still at a ludicrous figure of over 20% of people smoking, double what it is in some Scandinavian countries, and the move to vaping will almost certainly have a negative effect on the epidemiology.
                                                                                                        I care little for offering you citations.

I'm trying this to see if it works, based on it working for others.

Comment

[ ] citation needed

Worked for me and this is even with a few drinks on board and mates smoking like trains.

My nicotine in take may have actually jumped when I first got it for all I know but since I have dropped the strength of juice twice now it must be way lower now.

If anything vaping as it spreads will denormalise smoking tho as today's 20% of smokers will be reduced by each vapour. Day to day smoking especially is down. Where inlive in balls bridge I see more vapours than smokers during the day.

Social smoking on nights out will always be there and kids will start smoking no mater what. Most will also try sex , drugs and alcohol before they leave secondary school or at least 2 of the 3 anyway.

Comment

...

Comment

Lazar my advice is not to be to tough on yourself on nights out if you crumble and smoke.

It took me a month or 2 to be fully comfortable and indeed break the psychological link between drinking and smoking. Day to day non booze related vamping is quite easy and indeed enjoyable.

Don't stress if you end up kinda using both at the start as every smoke replaced is great. I am sure some make the switch straight up but for me it was much easier to stager it and in fact removed pretty much all will power requirements.

Comment

I don't think there is any one thing that will help people quit smoking. I know some people who started vaping and now they don't smoke or vape but I also know people who are now 'addicted' to vaping. Like somebody mentioned a fanboy kind of thing like buying new kits and juices etc.

My girlfriend's Dad quit smoking 3 years ago and he still uses the nicorette mints. I quit almost a year ago and used a cheap Statoil e-cig for four days and then used patches for three weeks, forgot fhe patch going to work one day and haven't smoked since. I used to carry a patch in my pocket just in case for about 2 months after but I'm off them 11 months now and feel like I'll never smoke again. Everyone is different, just gotta find what works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                  Lazar my advice is not to be to tough on yourself on nights out if you crumble and smoke.

It took me a month or 2 to be fully comfortable and indeed break the psychological link between drinking and smoking. Day to day non booze related vamping is quite easy and indeed enjoyable.

Don't stress if you end up kinda using both at the start as every smoke replaced is great. I am sure some make the switch straight up but for me it was much easier to stager it and in fact removed pretty much all will power requirements.
                                                                                                                  Cheers Richie.

Seems to be working really well so far, I have a pack of Amber Leaf in my pocket that I had assumed I was gonna finish off and then start, or gradually start vaping while slowly eliminating cigarettes but I think I'll just dump the pack and stick solely to the vaping.

Great drag from it.

Comment

Cheers Richie.

Seems to be working really well so far, I have a pack of Amber Leaf in my pocket that I had assumed I was gonna finish off and then start, or gradually start vaping while slowly eliminating cigarettes but I think I'll just dump the pack and stick solely to the vaping.

Great drag from it.
                                                                                                                    Which one did you get. Going to bite the bullet. Gotta do something.
                                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                      Which one did you get. Going to bite the bullet. Gotta do something.
                                                                                                                      I got the one linked below, Sat Nav said not to and to go for a tank system instead, but I think she may have meant another one as this one has a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                        So the vaping side isn't allowed use their hundreds of anecdotal success stories?
                                                                                                                        But you can just throw this anecdotal stuff in when you want?
                                                                                                                        No and you know well that that is not what I'm doing.

Once again... I'm delighted for anyone in particular and for society in general when someone succeeds in switching the delivery system of their nicotine addiction from deadly cigarettes to using the untested, unproven but quite likely to be much safer nicotine vapours.

I have seen no evidence that vaping has been in any way successful in helping people to break their addiction to nicotine.
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I have seen no evidence that vaping has been in any way successful in helping people to break their addiction to nicotine.
                                                                                                                          Why do we want people to 'break their addiction to nicotine', - its a substance that has no major issues in small doses. It would be great if no-one used it, but really its not the pressing issue.
                                                                                                                          Getting people to break their addiction to cigarettes is however a massive big motherfucking thing. Because cigarettes and the horrible things they contain are a major killer.

Its like if people were taking caffeine in some weird form that mixed it with strychnine and arsenic and other posions, and 35% of users could expect to die from its use. Then someday someone found you could also get caffeine via coffee, and only a tiny tiny percent are going to die from taking caffeine in this way. And then you turned around and said its still not helping people break their addiction to caffeine.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 26-07-14, 15:41.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X