Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
    Well done Mrs F!

I didn't go to WI last night, holding on til Thursday... hoping the few extra days will help undo the baaaaaad weekend! But I had quite a bit of 'exercise' over the weekend too (do your worse Michelle! ) so hopefully I've equate most of damage anyway.
    I take it you mean sexercise?

Comment

Seems like everyone on IPB is losing weight now. Awesome.

I am claiming partial credit for this. #pioneer

Comment

How is Aimee now MrsF?! Well done on the 'bold week' - I went for WI last Thursday in lieu of Bank Holiday and was thrilled to be down 3lb - but haven't been good since(!) Too much temptations and a major drinking night (those €3.50 Jaggerbombs seemed a good idea at the time...) leading to massive hangover next day that required Irish fry for breakfast and chipper for dinner to counteract the pain... Been 100% since!

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
        I take it you mean sexercise?
        Excuse me!!! I'm a good catholic girl I have you know missus... *ahem*

Comment

Cocaine makes you thinner, cocaine makes you thinner...

Comment

How is Aimee now MrsF?! Well done on the 'bold week' - I went for WI last Thursday in lieu of Bank Holiday and was thrilled to be down 3lb - but haven't been good since(!) Too much temptations and a major drinking night (those €3.50 Jaggerbombs seemed a good idea at the time...) leading to massive hangover next day that required Irish fry for breakfast and chipper for dinner to counteract the pain... Been 100% since!

Pics of you dressed up as a catholic girl?

Comment

Originally posted by foley View Post
              Pics of you dressed up as a catholic girl?
              Sure, here ya go...

[NSFW=""]LOL! Sucker... there's one born every minute! [/NSFW]

Comment

Aimee is doing much much better,. She is eating in her chair and seems like a bottomless pit, which she always was! it was horrible watching her turn her nose up at all food and drink. I tempted her with crisps and chocolate in the end and she still refused.

Another few days of the antibiotics and then will take her back to the Dr to see that all the infection is now gone. Was a rough few days worrying with her.

That is great with the loss, don't be afraid of the scales, just get straight back on and deal with what ever happens.

Comment

keep up the good work girlies, I am very very bold and am on a starvation diet of cereal, yogurts and eggs, absolutely nothing else, only doing it for 10 days. my face is filled and botoxed to the hilt. want to look good all in one go! So want a quick fix to squeeze into a new dress.

Hair is also going to have a big change next tues so I shall be a new woman hopefully soon.
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                    keep up the good work girlies, I am very very bold and am on a starvation diet of cereal, yogurts and eggs, absolutely nothing else, only doing it for 10 days. my face is filled and botoxed to the hilt. want to look good all in one go! So want a quick fix to squeeze into a new dress.

Hair is also going to have a big change next tues so I shall be a new woman hopefully soon.
                    Make sure to post up pics so they can all judge

Comment

Make sure to post up pics so they can all judge

Nope
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Nope
                        Don't worry, Danny will get your pic at the IO!

Comment

Well, it is that time of the week again. I sometimes am my own worst enemy...

I was in work Tuesday when an old work experience gal came up to visit and we all went to the restaurant across the road for lunch. It was scorching outside and ice cream was the words on everyones lips!

So we ordered the food first and I chose the chicken curry and boiled rice as I didn't want to break my diet. I was trying to be strong as the orders for chips flew about!

After the lunch the "I" word was mentioned and they had all these amazing flavours like Belgian chocolate, banana etc etc The cakes were beside it and the other three ordered cake with a couple of scoups of ice cream. So I caved and ordered a slice of coffee cake with ice cream and enjoyed every mouthful!

I came home feeling guilty though and promised myself I would do an extra lesson of Zumba before the week was up (which I didn't!) Tony asked me if I was serious about my diet and I think my problem was that I was a bit miffed about my 1lb from the night before and I had lost heart a bit in myself. But I drew a line under the day and was good from then on in.

I cooked an evening meal from the SW recipe section and made Lucury Fish Pie, Chicken Curry and Stuffed Cannelloni. They were fab, especially the curry which was absolutely to die for. In fact I will post the recipe as it certainly tasted like something that should be banned

So.. anyway.. the scales tonight. I wasn't sure what to expect but made a decision that I would take it on the chin as I knew I felt like I was eating the wrong stuff all week. And when I looked at the digital reading I had 3.5lbs off!!!!

I was over the moon and when I went to Zumba straight afterwards I had a spring in my step and pushed myself as hard as I could. I was really buzzing from the loss and hope that my trip to Scotland wont harm it.

So onto the recipe... next post

Comment

Chicken curry

Serves: 4
                            Prep time: 10 minutes
                            Cook time: 45 minutes
                            Syns per serving:

FREE

2 large onions, sliced
                            568ml/1pt chicken stock
                            2 tsp turmeric
                            3 cardamom pods
                            1 x 2.5cm/1in piece cinnamon stick
                            4 black peppercorns
                            4 cloves
                            1 tsp ground coriander
                            1 tbsp peeled and grated root ginger
                            1 tsp ground cumin
                            ½ tsp mild chilli powder
                            3 garlic cloves, crushed
                            4 x 1135 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
                            283g/10oz fat free natural yogurt, bought to room temperature
                            salt
                            2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish

1. Put the onion and 426ml/¾ pt of the chicken stock in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.

2. Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and cook for a few minutes to coat in the spices, then stir in the remaining chicken stock.

3. Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.

4. Transfer the curry to a large serving bowl. Add 4 tbsp of the cooking sauce to the yogurt and stir well. Gradually add the yogurt into the curry, stirring continuously.

5. Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with boiled rice (Free on Extra Easy and Green or 2 Syns per 28g/1oz boiled on Original), and garnish with the chopped coriander.

Comment

I weighed in last night after not being there the last week as I was away in Scotland for a break and to collect my Wedding dress and my bridesmaid dresses and not forgetting the drink for the big day!

I took over herbs/spices to make up a couple of the SW recipes and stuck well enough foodwise to my diet. I was out on the Friday night and had no food syns that day but knew I was going to go well over with the drink that night.

I was good till Monday where I caved and eat the Easter egg my parents gave me. I knew I shouldn't but we have to live and it was a one off for me. I didn't feel too guilty as I knew I had a few days till my next weigh in to sort it.

On the Monday night my chief bridesmaid and I shared some champagne and again I knew I was being naughty but hey, has to be done!

got home on the Tuesday and was back on the plan on the Wednesday. Then I had visitors at the weekend and wasn't 100% as strict as I should have been. I know I have plenty of time to reach target and was not going to get hung up on it.

The only thing that was worrying me was the constipation I was having and I know some days I am still not drinking enough fluid, but I thought my diet would be enough to keep me going!

I chatted with the SW rep yesterday and she got me a packet of the infamous Scan Bran to help me out oh and boy did it work lol. So enough said about all that,

Back to the weigh in, I stood on the scales with baited breath, expected 1lb on and saw that it fluctuated between a maintain and a 0.5lb off which I was delighted with. She said if I didn't have my wee problem that it would have been fine, so I left a happy camper.

I have my friends wedding in 6 weeks, I tried on an outfit from my skinny days I wore to a Wedding once before and it was a bit tight just, so my aim is to wear this lovely suit to my friends wedding.

Happy days

I can really feel the difference now in my body and people have commented on my weight loss, so happy out for me!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I weighed in last night after not being there the last week as I was away in Scotland for a break and to collect my Wedding dress and my bridesmaid dresses and not forgetting the drink for the big day!

I took over herbs/spices to make up a couple of the SW recipes and stuck well enough foodwise to my diet. I was out on the Friday night and had no food syns that day but knew I was going to go well over with the drink that night.

I was good till Monday where I caved and eat the Easter egg my parents gave me. I knew I shouldn't but we have to live and it was a one off for me. I didn't feel too guilty as I knew I had a few days till my next weigh in to sort it.

On the Monday night my chief bridesmaid and I shared some champagne and again I knew I was being naughty but hey, has to be done!

got home on the Tuesday and was back on the plan on the Wednesday. Then I had visitors at the weekend and wasn't 100% as strict as I should have been. I know I have plenty of time to reach target and was not going to get hung up on it.

The only thing that was worrying me was the constipation I was having and I know some days I am still not drinking enough fluid, but I thought my diet would be enough to keep me going!

I chatted with the SW rep yesterday and she got me a packet of the infamous Scan Bran to help me out oh and boy did it work lol. So enough said about all that,

Back to the weigh in, I stood on the scales with baited breath, expected 1lb on and saw that it fluctuated between a maintain and a 0.5lb off which I was delighted with. She said if I didn't have my wee problem that it would have been fine, so I left a happy camper.

I have my friends wedding in 6 weeks, I tried on an outfit from my skinny days I wore to a Wedding once before and it was a bit tight just, so my aim is to wear this lovely suit to my friends wedding.

Happy days

I can really feel the difference now in my body and people have commented on my weight loss, so happy out for me!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
                                ffs Tony wont be able to find you the day of the wedding lol

Well done
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

ffs Tony wont be able to find you the day of the wedding lol

Well done
                                  I wont go to far, just enough to feel happy back in my skin since having Aimee etc.

I am delighted so far with my progress and more amazed at my own commitment. When you are older bride getting married I feel you try harder to look good, especially with weight as you don't want to look like an old wrinkly fat bride!

Comment

Monday weigh in again and I was basically a good girl most of the week. A fella in my class turned 21 at the weekend and we bought a wee cake for him. I had a tiny slice and knew not to feel too guilty because at the end of the day you have got to live!

I have not had anything like that this year, last cake was at Aimee's 2nd birthday just after Christmas.

So the scales showed a 2lb loss this week, so delighted again and now 12lb off my target weight which I want to have wrapped up for Tony's birthday in June. It really is do-able although I have a Wedding and Christening and a Communion all in between!

But at the end of the day, if it is July before I get my target then I am not going to be too sore on myself as it is September before I get hitched.

I want the weight off before I get my first alteration of my Wedding dress.

Set my target of 2.5lbs for next week so let's see if I can do it.

Comment

Monday weigh in again and I was basically a good girl most of the week. A fella in my class turned 21 at the weekend and we bought a wee cake for him. I had a tiny slice and knew not to feel too guilty because at the end of the day you have got to live!

I have not had anything like that this year, last cake was at Aimee's 2nd birthday just after Christmas.

So the scales showed a 2lb loss this week, so delighted again and now 12lb off my target weight which I want to have wrapped up for Tony's birthday in June. It really is do-able although I have a Wedding and Christening and a Communion all in between!

But at the end of the day, if it is July before I get my target then I am not going to be too sore on myself as it is September before I get hitched.

I want the weight off before I get my first alteration of my Wedding dress.

Set my target of 2.5lbs for next week so let's see if I can do it.

Bitch

Well done you !!!
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Bitch

Well done you !!!
                                        See what you can do when you give up the drink

When you drink you eat more so I don't drink and therefore curb my hunger!

Comment

See what you can do when you give up the drink

When you drink you eat more so I don't drink and therefore curb my hunger!
                                          you never really drank anyway ya lightweight
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Disappointed at Fat Club tonight, only had a 1/2lb off. I know this is my week for fluid retention but really hoped to have the 2.5lb off this week.

I am running the 10K next Sunday and hopefully my fluid will be gone and will get the 2lbs off next week instead. Just felt kind of flat when a neighbour who was in front of me said she had a good week and a terrible weekend and she had 1lb off! I wont give up though, really want this badly and not going to go and binge.

I know one of my meals during the week had cream in it as I couldn't get hold of quark last Tuesday and that wont have helped me really. Going to go back to basics and really stick with it and thinking of getting my food diary out and using that again for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Breatharianism is the way forward.

* Breatharianism isn't really the way forward

Comment

Disappointed at Fat Club tonight, only had a 1/2lb off. I know this is my week for fluid retention but really hoped to have the 2.5lb off this week.

I am running the 10K next Sunday and hopefully my fluid will be gone and will get the 2lbs off next week instead. Just felt kind of flat when a neighbour who was in front of me said she had a good week and a terrible weekend and she had 1lb off! I wont give up though, really want this badly and not going to go and binge.

I know one of my meals during the week had cream in it as I couldn't get hold of quark last Tuesday and that wont have helped me really. Going to go back to basics and really stick with it and thinking of getting my food diary out and using that again for a couple of weeks.
                                                Feckin blob is a curse huh

fear of ya, every week consistently you have lost weight!! I would say next week you will have the 2LB down no bother!!!
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Feckin blob is a curse huh

fear of ya, every week consistently you have lost weight!! I would say next week you will have the 2LB down no bother!!!
                                                  The 2lb off will being me into my new number. And that makes me happy lol.

Comment

Monday weigh in didn't go as well as I had hoped. Only 1/2 lb off again this week and really disappointed. The SW rep spoke to me and said that it gets tougher when you are close to target weight or have very little to lose.

I have a communion in Dublin this weekend and don't want to undo my good work so I asked for a bit of advice and this is what I going to do for the next week.

I have to change my diet for a week and have 2/3 of every meal mainly fruit or veg. If I snack it has to be what they class as super free foods and if I have something that is not superfree then I have to add it to my syns.

I was asked to lower my daily syns to 10 a day which is ok as I usually have a packet of velvet crunch and my curly wurly. I will swap the curly wurly for a 2 finger kit kat instead to give me my syns.

the last thing I am doing is the infamous scan bran challenge where I have five scandanavian crispbread each day to boost weight loss. One of the long running members did the challenge in the last week and lost an amazing 6lbs!

So we shall see how I get on. I have a wedding in Scotland in just under 3 weeks and want to try and shift another 7lbs for then. That should leave me coasting to be on target for Tony's birthday!

I was told that my 10k run wont show in my weight loss till next week as well so that gave me a boost as I have been so good and not getting the results I hoped.

Onwards and upwards

Comment

Going great Gill.
                                                      Over the half way point now.

I heard of that scan bran crisp bread before. Something like that after a few weeks of dieting is a good idea imo. Whats the taste like? I normally give psylium husk a go for a week, but its a chore to get it down.

Comment

So Gillian is flying with this diet. She's losing weight, feeling great, looking great and most importantly she's enjoying her food. She loves cooking and there's 100s of recipes to choose from that are really healthy aswel as really tasty. She's been exercising a couple of days a week and i'm really proud of her sticking to the diet and trying really hard to look the way she wants, and it's really showing.

I'd put a few lbs on myself after Christmas and was the wrong side of 12st (which is big for me) so i sampled the low carb diet, the healthy eating diet and a few other half arsed efforts. All had a bit of affect but i didn't particularly enjoy any of them. I was always skeptical over the Slimming World diet, especially when you're told that you can eat as much pasta, rice and potatoes as you like. Didn't see right with me, but in the last month i've decided to give it a go with Gillian. It's cheaper on the household, it's easier to cook for us all and we're generally eating the same thing.

I love pasta, i love eggs, i love fruit, i love chips and i love yogurt, and you can eat variations of them all till you're blue in the face in this diet, so why not try it. I kept a diary of everything i've eaten in the last week just so people can see for themselves what's involved. I'm in no means saying this diet is great or better than an other. I don't particularly care if people want to point out flaws, but in my experience i've dropped 7/8 lbs by eating withing it's guidelines, doing absolutely zero exercise and not really helping the diet work. If i was to regularly exercise or be more strict i could speed up any weight loss process but i don't need to at the moment.

I only really have a set breakfast and dinner plan. I only eat lunch when i feel like it, and it won't always be a meal. It's usually just some fruit, yogurt, a sny snack, a packet of pasta/rice or something else.

Monday
                                                        Scrambled Egg and Bacon on Wholemeal Toast
                                                        Pasta Carbonara

Tuesday
                                                        Chicken and Bacon Omelette
                                                        Titanic Tower Burger and Chips

Wednesday
                                                        Small bowl of cereal and some fruit
                                                        Macaroni Cheese

Thursday
                                                        Scrambled Egg on 2 slices of Hovis Nimble White Toast
                                                        Chicken Curry and Chips

Friday
                                                        Poached Egg and beans on toast
                                                        Sweet and Sour Pork

Saturday
                                                        Bacon, Sausage, Mushroom, Beans and Egg on Toast
                                                        Beef Goulash

Sunday
                                                        Scrambled Egg w/ bacon and mushrooms on 2 slices of Hovis Nimble White Toast
                                                        Lamb Rogan Josh

As i'm a nightowl and up playing poker most nights, i used to eat a ton of snacky stuff because when you're multitabling across 3/4 sites you don't have time to cook anything so i've been running and grabbing tons of fruit and tons of Mullerlight yogurts. They're all free (the New York style/Lemon Cheesecake/Cheery Underlayer are all 1 syn). I've also a few packs of cold diced chicken/meats that i snack on because this was always my biggest downfall when on a diet.

The best part about the diet is the snys you're allowed. Everything is assigned a syn value, and you're meant to keep between 5-15 syns a day. I've been eating up to 15 most days but you can obviously reduce that if you like. There's a great pick n mix available to munch on, and eating some syns in between meals is a great filler for someone with a sweet tooth. Of the dinners above, a few of them are .5 or 1 syns and the Chicken Kiev was 2.5 syns i think. The rest are free.

Here's some of my favourites and their syn value. I can eat up to 15 syns worth a day, so why wouldn't you!

Blackjacks/Fruit Salad - 8pcs - 4 syn
                                                        Refresher Ice Pop - 3 syns
                                                        Fruit Pastille Ice Pop - 3 syns
                                                        Solero - 5 syns
                                                        Birds Eye Waffles - 2.5 syns
                                                        Drifter - 20g - 5 syns
                                                        Kit-Kat - 17g - 4.5k syns
                                                        Smarties - 15g - 3.5 syns
                                                        Velvet Crunch - 20g - 4 syns
                                                        Wotsits/French Fries - 19g - 4.5 syns

So that's what i pack my snack press with. I do rob some of Gillian's Curly Wurlys (think they're 5 sysn) but there's enough there to keep me happy. You can also make your own Ferrero Roche, Ice Cream and other things. Tonight's dessert? Just need to pick up a pack of reduced fat digestive biscuits to make some banoffie pie at 4.5 syns. Mmmmmm

Comment

Ye will be like posh & Becks going up the aisle
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                            Going great Gill.
                                                            Over the half way point now.

I heard of that scan bran crisp bread before. Something like that after a few weeks of dieting is a good idea imo. Whats the taste like? I normally give psylium husk a go for a week, but its a chore to get it down.
                                                            if you used to eating rivita then its fine. I drink loads of water with it. Well over half way now and motoring towards the finish line. I'm a very determined person

Comment

Tony is now just a couple of pounds over 10 stone now and looking great. Glad he eating what I am now and enjoying it. I have loved experimenting this last while.

Comment

If anyone is interested in seeing some menu's from the plan for main meals I would happily forward on a cook book I have been devising.

There are some really lovely foods and you can find most recipes you like in the plan with small changes to keep it healthy.

Comment

if you used to eating rivita then its fine. I drink loads of water with it.
                                                                  Yeah that's what I imagined. Might give it a go next time instead of crackerbread.
                                                                  Physium Husk is great for fibre but tastes like sawdust mixed with water.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  Monday
                                                                  Scrambled Egg and Bacon on Wholemeal Toast
                                                                  Pasta Carbonara

Tuesday
                                                                  Chicken and Bacon Omelette
                                                                  Titanic Tower Burger and Chips

Wednesday
                                                                  Small bowl of cereal and some fruit
                                                                  Macaroni Cheese

Thursday
                                                                  Scrambled Egg on 2 slices of Hovis Nimble White Toast
                                                                  Chicken Curry and Chips

Friday
                                                                  Poached Egg and beans on toast
                                                                  Sweet and Sour Pork

Saturday
                                                                  Bacon, Sausage, Mushroom, Beans and Egg on Toast
                                                                  Beef Goulash

Sunday
                                                                  Scrambled Egg w/ bacon and mushrooms on 2 slices of Hovis Nimble White Toast
                                                                  Lamb Rogan Josh
                                                                  Good work FD.
                                                                  That's diet looks good. Pretty close to what my diet would be, except for some kangaroo and a wrap for lunch to get me through the 9-5 office job.
                                                                  What's a Titanic Tower Burger?

Comment

Yeah that's what I imagined. Might give it a go next time instead of crackerbread.

Good work FD.
                                                                    That's diet looks good. Pretty close to what my diet would be, except for some kangaroo and a wrap for lunch to get me through the 9-5 office job.
                                                                    Serves: 1
                                                                    Prep time:
                                                                    Cook time:
                                                                    Syns per serving:
                                                                    Extra EasyFREEOriginalFREE*
                                                                    (*Add 12 Syns if not using cheese and wholemeal roll as Healthy Extra choic)
                                                                    ingredients

230g extra lean minced beef
                                                                    1 garlic clove, crushed
                                                                    ½ onion, grated
                                                                    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
                                                                    1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
                                                                    salt and freshly ground black pepper
                                                                    Fry Light, for spraying

For the filling:
                                                                    30g Cheddar cheese
                                                                    Iceberg lettuce, shredded
                                                                    1 tomato, sliced
                                                                    red onion, sliced into rings
                                                                    1 x 60g wholemeal roll
                                                                    method

1. Mix all the burger ingredients (except the Fry Light) together and shape into 2 round patties. Add a little beaten egg to bind if the mixture is not firm.

2. Spray the burgers on both sides with Fry Light and cook under a hot grill until cooked right through - approximately 5-6 minutes each side.

3. Assemble the burger by layering the cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and 2 burgers inside the wholemeal roll. Add gherkins if you fancy it, or enjoy with a splodge of tomato ketchup! (1 Syn for a level tbsp).

Comment

Good work FD.
                                                                      Cheers. Yeah ingredients as MrsF says above. The Bacon Burger is also one we have. I love Burger and Chips and i'd eat them 7 days a week

Serves: 4
                                                                      Prep time: 30 minutes
                                                                      Cook time:
                                                                      Syns per serving:
                                                                      FREEFREE*4**
                                                                      (*Add 6 Syns per serving if not using the wholemeal roll as a Healthy Extra , **Add 6 Syns for each if not using the minced beef and the wholemeal roll )

1 bunch spring onions
                                                                      380g extra lean minced beef
                                                                      2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
                                                                      salt and freshly ground black pepper
                                                                      half a small red pepper
                                                                      2 ripe tomatoes
                                                                      1 tsp barbecue seasoning
                                                                      2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
                                                                      4 rashers back bacon, all visible fat removed
                                                                      green salad leaves
                                                                      4 x 60g wholemeal rolls

1. Finely slice the spring onions, place in a bowl with the beef, parsley and seasoning. Combine with your hands and shape into 4 burgers about 10cm/4in in diameter. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.

2. Make the relish. Deseed and chop the pepper, chop the tomatoes, mix with the barbecue seasoning and chives, cover and chill.

3. Place the burgers under a medium/hot grill for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the bacon for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Layer the salad leaves, bacon, burger and relish in the rolls and serve immediately.

Comment

Weigh in tonight showed a 1lb loss on the scales. Was kind of disappointed but as Tony said, we were away for a weekend to a communion, eat dinner at a hotel etc and the reason I changed my diet last week was so I could break even this week.

I can see a change in me this last week, although it isn't showing on the scales. Those trousers that are my target are on me and buttoned now. Just need to have them sit with no muffin top ha!

Making Chicken Curry now as I type, I am bloody starving smelling it cook away there.

Till next week folks

Comment

No weight loss this week which was strange I thought, but on checking my diary this is my gain fluid week so not going to worry too much! I have a wedding in Scotland on Saturday and although I am not a big drinker I plan on enjoying the food anyway!

I am not going to ruin every event not eating.

Contacted my Zumba teacher and asked the names of some of the songs we use as I am going to try and do an hour exercise every night. I have zumba on the wii but it is hard to follow and I know the moves for what I do in class!

When you get close to target weight it seems like a lifetime to get a loss and that is what I am going through right now. Only 2lbs in a 4 week period is so slow and I am going to increase the physical part till I start getting at least a pound each week and I will be at target well in advance of the wedding.

Going to pack my herbs and spices for staying at my friends as it is too easy to just eat other food and ignore the plan. Since Tony and I are both doing it then it will be easier to carry it on for the days I am away.

The SW leader said I am not doing anything wrong and not to lose heart. I got told to start taking measurements of my tummy and hips as I may be losing inches although it is not reflected on the scales, especially since I am pretty active these days.

So.. will power required for a weekend trip methinks!

See ya all next time. Not getting weighed for two weeks so I have time to repauir any damage done ha!

Comment

Was just reading through some of the other logs that the guys are doing. I seem to eat way more than they do in a day! I would be half starved with a menu that FM does.

I am getting the zumba info tonight and after I get back from Scotland I am going to try and up my exercise to at LEAST 5 times a week. The good weather at the minute makes me want to go out and walk with the pram which can' be a bad thing.

I saw about eating just the egg whites, I would hate to have agg just like that as I LOVE te yolk and is the best part of it for me. I eat a good few eggs a week and have no cholestrol problems.

Went and seen a specialist about my cronic constipation and hopefully that is all sorted out now. Now I have a healthier diet with a good amount of fibre I hope to keep things the way they are now.

I had a small slip last night and took an extra 8 syns yesterday, was feeling a bit low and couldn't resist. For damage limitation I took things I normally have in my diet and resisted on binging on all sorts of garbage.

Going to be tough at my niece's 18th Friday and the Wedding the following day. Will work extra hard next week to make sure there isn't a huge setback on the scales. I need to get the needle going down once more.

I said I wanted at least 1lb a week off but want to try and get a bit more, I know it is only me that can do this and I am going to try really really hard.

Comment

#98
                                                                              After a week off at SW I was back yesterday for my weigh in. I was not feeling great about it as I had been a bit naughty! I was at my niece's 18th where I drank champagne all night then attacked the buffet table at midnight and went to a wedding the next and had my three course dinner. On the flip side though I drank not a thing as I was not really able after the night before.

Had a few drinks the next two nights and was easing up a bit on my plan and eating more syns than I should. I didn't go to mad though.

Was so upset at the wedding as an older woman asked me if I was pregnant. That ruined my day for me and made me really paranoid. I vowed to do what I can to tone up my bit of tum that the c-section left me with. I had my muscles cut so not sure if it is possible to do too much but will try my best.

I came back alone from Scotland and was 50/50 on the diet but had one bad night where I eat anything I could get my hands on. I also went to McDonalds with the kids once and eat some fries with my chicken burger and had another small lapse.

I made sure from Saturday night I went back to my plan and went on the scan bran for a couple of days. I told Tony I expected a couple of pounds on and I was not really upset about it as I had not behaved as good as I had been doing.

I just handed my card over and stood on the scales and closed my eyes. Opened them and there before me was a whole POUND OFF LOL. I was stunned and I left the class after the chat feeling good and headed to my zumba.

I am really upping the game now though and plan on extra exercise as often as I can manage. If I don't get the extra zumba in I shall be doing tummy crunches etc to help.

Comment

#99
                                                                                One pound off lol after all that naughtiness .dont be too hard on yourself that's the only time you slipped up and you are on this diet a good while .everyone needs a treat some time.

Really don't think it helped that tony was gone either and you were with the kids for a day or two on your own . Anyway your back into it now and there won't be a bother on ya.
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Great stuff,

Keep it up... made the chicken curry over the weekend and it was gorgeous... really nice.

Going back on Thursday and getting stuck in.... Caught my reflection coming down the lifts in IKEA at weekend and nearly started crying...

Sigh...

Want to get to a size where I don't have to shop in the same bleedin place all the time Evans....

Anyway...showed Martin few of the receipes and he made the Chile Con Carne and loves it,

Anyway only a few months til the big weekend in Donegal... time to get my runners on and do less whinging more walking....

If it is okay I might post my progress in this thread..
                                                                                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                    Great stuff,

Keep it up... made the chicken curry over the weekend and it was gorgeous... really nice.

Going back on Thursday and getting stuck in.... Caught my reflection coming down the lifts in IKEA at weekend and nearly started crying...

Sigh...

Want to get to a size where I don't have to shop in the same bleedin place all the time Evans....

Anyway...showed Martin few of the receipes and he made the Chile Con Carne and loves it,

Anyway only a few months til the big weekend in Donegal... time to get my runners on and do less whinging more walking....

If it is okay I might post my progress in this thread..
                                                                                    Some of the recipes are just amazing and not like dieting at all. I made the creamy Pasta bake tonight and it was lovely. I also bought the Ice Cream making out of Lidl and made some syn free ice cream and it was lovely!

Feel free to post away Smurph. You will get there and we will both be happy with ourselves on the 15th of September

Comment

One pound off lol after all that naughtiness .dont be too hard on yourself that's the only time you slipped up and you are on this diet a good while .everyone needs a treat some time.

Really don't think it helped that tony was gone either and you were with the kids for a day or two on your own . Anyway your back into it now and there won't be a bother on ya.

A day or two? I know it's not long but it was 5 days heh heh. You would love that I am sure but it is tough when it's 3 kids to keep out of trouble

Comment

I had nothing off this week. I decided to have a big lunch, got away from work early and had an extra cup of tea. Was told that could easily account for 1lb in the stomach! so wont be doing that again ha!

I made a zumba playlist while I wait for my instructor to make me a current CD of what we use. Did a 50 min session with the eldest and was well wrecked after it. That is 3 times this week I have exercised and I plan to fit a few more sessions in before my weigh in next Monday. I was worried that if I did zumba at home I wouldn't put the effort in as I tried the wii game, but with something like Zumba you need to know what you are doing to really make it work.

12 weeks to go and want to have 12lbs off before the big day. I feel my diet isn't the problem and it's just that I am slowing down like you do when you get close to target. My actual class target isn't 12lbs but less and I am setting a personal one so I feel good in Vegas and if I gain a few lbs in the week I will still be at target!

Comment

Didn't realise there were threads like this on IPB!

Just as something that might help you, (I haven't read the whole thread so forgive repetition)
                                                                                          I had to completely change my diet a couple of years back for health reasons and had to start analysing what I ate for the first time ever. Read a lot on the subject of nutrition. I'd recommend Patrick Holfords "The Optimum Nutrition Bible" to everyone, its really interesting. But anyway, the main change I had to make was cut down on dairy.
                                                                                          Now I play plenty sports still and would be active enough, so didn't expect any dietary change to make a huge difference. I had no visible beer gut or anything and weighed about 13 stone soaking wet.
                                                                                          I cut out all dairy for a month and I lost 3/4 stone. It makes you realise how bad cheese and stuff really are. After reading that Holford book, I was completely turned off dairy stuff. I used to drink loads of tea, eat cereal every morning and have cheese on everything (still have a little bit now and then), but cut all of that out.
                                                                                          Anyway, just something you might work into your diet plan. Good luck with it and the big day anyway!
                                                                                          "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                                                            Didn't realise there were threads like this on IPB!

Just as something that might help you, (I haven't read the whole thread so forgive repetition)
                                                                                            I had to completely change my diet a couple of years back for health reasons and had to start analysing what I ate for the first time ever. Read a lot on the subject of nutrition. I'd recommend Patrick Holfords "The Optimum Nutrition Bible" to everyone, its really interesting. But anyway, the main change I had to make was cut down on dairy.
                                                                                            Now I play plenty sports still and would be active enough, so didn't expect any dietary change to make a huge difference. I had no visible beer gut or anything and weighed about 13 stone soaking wet.
                                                                                            I cut out all dairy for a month and I lost 3/4 stone. It makes you realise how bad cheese and stuff really are. After reading that Holford book, I was completely turned off dairy stuff. I used to drink loads of tea, eat cereal every morning and have cheese on everything (still have a little bit now and then), but cut all of that out.
                                                                                            Anyway, just something you might work into your diet plan. Good luck with it and the big day anyway!
                                                                                            Thing about slimming world is you can't do the plan and eat too much of Dairy which is a good thing for me. If I have cheese it will be a bit of grated parmesan. I LOVE Toast and cheese but just don't go there anymore.

I couldn't cut out all dairy as I need it in my tea as I don't like it without, but I don't drink enough of it to be a worry. I don't do cereal either in the mornings. If I make a pasta sauce that requires milk I either leave it out or use a small amount and forget the butter which is usually optional anyway.

Too much of anything is bad usually lol.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's appreciated

Comment

After having a slow month of May, June is doing much better already! I went to weigh in earlier and had dropped 3lbs this week. Was totally delighted!

I did 5 zumba routines this week and that's the only thing I really changed. That has boosted me to keep at that as I didn't expect to see anything on the scales this week as I only started doing the extra from Thurs. I only took Tuesday & Saturday off exercising.

Upping my fruit intake and I did notice I was drinking a LOT more with me doing the additional exercise. I went through at least a litre a workout.

Go go me

Comment

Jaysus mrs thats unreal!!! Well done. all that zumba really paid off!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Well done!!! Keep it going!

Comment

After the weekend of having a Wedding, eating extra and eating deserts I managed to maintain my weight this week. Not too worried as I know I don't have another event now until the hen night at the end of July.

I didn't get as many zumba sessions in as I hoped as well and I aim to rectify that this week. I feel very motivated after going shopping for an outfit last week for the wedding and the girl asking if I was a size 8 or a 10! that made my day. It was such a good feeling to try on all these little dresses and not feel as frumpy as I normally do and I know I will be even more toned and lighter by the time the wedding comes.

Came home to a lovely dinner as well after Zumba that Tony made of SW burger and chips. Was great

Comment

It's been too long since I was on here. After having a bad week I was dreading weigh in last week. I had a 1/2pound ON from the week before and goodness knows what damage I would have done as I was eating all around me as I was feeling down with a few things going on with the Wedding plans.

I woke on the Monday sick in the stomach and was having pains all day, skipped class that night and no zumba. The next day I came down with a bad cold, so bad I am still not over it a week later.

I was not keeping to the diet 100% as I needed a bit of a boost. I knew I had to go tonight as it is a good help getting weighed as it keeps me in check

I had a 1/2lb off which was brilliant, I had set myself up for about 4lbs off and knew that I was going to work my ass off for the next 7 weeks to at least get another 7lbs off (hopefully)

So any motivational comments would be great. So near yet so far!

Comment

It's been too long since I was on here. After having a bad week I was dreading weigh in last week. I had a 1/2pound ON from the week before and goodness knows what damage I would have done as I was eating all around me as I was feeling down with a few things going on with the Wedding plans.

I woke on the Monday sick in the stomach and was having pains all day, skipped class that night and no zumba. The next day I came down with a bad cold, so bad I am still not over it a week later.

I was not keeping to the diet 100% as I needed a bit of a boost. I knew I had to go tonight as it is a good help getting weighed as it keeps me in check

I had a 1/2lb off which was brilliant, I had set myself up for about 4lbs off and knew that I was going to work my ass off for the next 7 weeks to at least get another 7lbs off (hopefully)

So any motivational comments would be great. So near yet so far!
                                                                                                        Wedding is so near now Gillian so keep up the good work. I know from previous diets on a bad week one can put on four or five pounds. You deffo don't want that happening. You gotta have a good week this week and next week as the hen is coming up and we are all dying to see the new body lol

So keep going.
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Wedding is so near now Gillian so keep up the good work. I know from previous diets on a bad week one can put on four or five pounds. You deffo don't want that happening. You gotta have a good week this week and next week as the hen is coming up and we are all dying to see the new body lol

So keep going.
                                                                                                          Thanks Michelle I want to keep my new shape, so wont be having too many blow outs and even at the hen I will be carefull'ish!

Comment

Forgot to update on Monday after weigh in. I was down another 1lb and happy enough. I have an injured shoulder which is driving me mad and stopping me get a good nights sleep. I am tired all the time and on Difene for the next month.

My appitite seems to be supressed a bit while taking these tablets. I am making sure I am not dropping down too low so that my body does not start to store fat though.

Have my hen this weekend and leave early Friday. So looking forward to it and plan on a nice shopping trip tomorrow to find an outfit. Didn't want to buy too early as I was losing weight.

No more to report here really. Just going to continue on with the plan.

Comment

Forgot to update on Monday after weigh in. I was down another 1lb and happy enough. I have an injured shoulder which is driving me mad and stopping me get a good nights sleep. I am tired all the time and on Difene for the next month.

My appitite seems to be supressed a bit while taking these tablets. I am making sure I am not dropping down too low so that my body does not start to store fat though.

Have my hen this weekend and leave early Friday. So looking forward to it and plan on a nice shopping trip tomorrow to find an outfit. Didn't want to buy too early as I was losing weight.

No more to report here really. Just going to continue on with the plan.
                                                                                                              well done yet again, consistent all the way!
                                                                                                              Roll on saturday cannot wait, gonna be great craic.................although I have nothing to wear lol!

looking forward to seeing the new bod
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

well done yet again, consistent all the way!
                                                                                                                Roll on saturday cannot wait, gonna be great craic.................although I have nothing to wear lol!

looking forward to seeing the new bod
                                                                                                                TBH Michelle I don't see a difference in myself. I think you are about to be disappointed!

Comment

TBH Michelle I don't see a difference in myself. I think you are about to be disappointed!
                                                                                                                  GTFO I havent seen you in how long? a year, less? you have dropped over 2 stone? You think i wont see a difference not a chance, of course I will. obv you dont see a difference anymore as you are now used to it!
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I missed a few weigh in's here! I was not too worried after my hen as if I couldn't enjoy that then what is the point. We have to live after all and I spent 8 months on the SW Wagon and progressing at a slow and steady weight towards my goal.

I had my friend with all her good intentions on the Friday night cook carbonara, she thought she was making something healthy but added two tubs of full fat cream where I use creme freche lol. Not to worry, it was lovely,.

The next morning she made a cooked breakfast, now we have A SW fry, but hers involved using proper cooking oil etc but since I was going out drinking then it was best to line the stomach I suppose

We went to a japanese/chinese restaurant on Baggot St call Chi ho or something like that, was recommended by Smurph and it was lovely. My the time we got there I had about 3 glasses of champers. Then had a 3 course dinner including chocolate ice cream before getting back into the limo and drinking more champagne. I tried not to think of the amount of syns I had consumed in one day lol.

Once we hit the pub I only had two drinks, although one was a pint of cider and the other a glass, but that was my fill. I didn't look up any syns at the weekend and didn't plan to. It was my weekend to go wild and forget about my diet!

The next day we found a lovely place for brekkie and had a fry. Wasn't a greasy spoon place and enjoyed the butter on my toast for a wee change. I knew I was getting back on the SW bus Monday morning so did not mind.

On the bus back I was pretty good, had a packet of velvet crunch and a curly wurly. When I got home Tony was working so I ran to the local chinese for a curry! had boiled rice and chips with it nom nom nom

Went for my weigh in the next day. Had a lunch in work for a change as well, but at that point I thought I may as well me hung for a sheep than a lamb haha. The scales showed I had 3½lbs ON this week and I got a round of applause and was told that it was pretty damn good after a hen night lol. So I left happy at my first proper gain since I started! I was told I had worked hard and would have it off in no time.

Back on the SW wagon the next day but wasn't the best all week, had a wee bit over my syns etc and was looking forward to at least breaking even on the Monday. Unfortunately my car broke down Sunday and didn't get it back till Wed night. I weighed in last night instead.

Hadn't eaten much yesterday as I had taken Tramadol Sunday night and they made me sick! but managed a couple of things the whole day,

I went to weigh in early, got weighed and had a whopping SIX POUNDS off me! What a feeling! although about 2lbs would prob be what I didn't eat but who knows. I normally just have breakfast and some fruit and yogurt on a monday and nothing heavy, so who knows. But it was 6lbs after all and I am now..

1/2lb from target weight and 4 weeks till the wedding

Happy Days

Comment

Have my Dress fitting on Saturday. Worried that if I lose too much weight it will look bad at the Wedding! I am over a half stone since she fitted it last time and no idea how I will be in a month with diet and nerves!

Getting an injection for my sore shoulder in Monday. I can get back into exercising properly. Have a condition called Painful Arc Syndrome and been in a lot of agony for a couple of months. I wanted something done about the pain before it ruined the wedding.

Comment

Well.. I started my weight loss journey in January and tonight I achieved my target weight and got my target pin! I am absolutely over the moon. I had another 1½lbs off this week. That was over half a stone in the last two weeks and after being on a diet this long and getting results like this still is just brilliant.

I finally pulled out the size 8 jeans that seemed far to tiny from my wardrobe and I wore them with pride yesterday. No overhang/muffin to be seen. I worked really hard between diet and exercise to achieve this and I finally did it.

I always said that my target would be when I fitted those jeans and when I had them on yesterday I knew today was going to be a good day.

So no more paying for class as you get for free as a target member and delighted with myself for getting to where I wanted to be.

So gonna shout from the rooftops!!

I got my target weight tonight

Comment

Well done hunny. Looking great

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X