JJ in satt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JJ in satt

Just a hand from a satellite I played. 3 tickets up for grabs and almost money back for 4th.

Blinds are 1k/2k, table is playing fairly tight bar two players (1 HUGE fish, 1 maniac). 7 left. And I have ~35k (above average)

Utg opens to 4.5k, a known tight player. Has been very tight all night. Has only shown down twice, one flush blind v blind and one straight after limping QJs in LP.

Utg+1 shoves ~18k, The fish, he has just lost a massive pot v the maniac and is clearly tilting.

2 folds, after a dwell from maniac and action to me on BTN with JJ.

SB is the best player at the table, pro player on a night off.

BB is a young guy, usually solid in tournaments but doesn't fully understand satellite strategy and married to pairs 77+ and AJs+

I feel pretty comfortable at the table. I can definitely get the better of most of the players that are left and my stack is fairly healthy compared to the table.

What is my action here?

I will tell you how hand played out after some opinions, cheers.

How many people are left?
    How many chips does UTG have?
    How many chips do the Blinds have?

Comment

7 left,
      UTG ~25k
      SB ~ 20k
      BB~18k

Comment

it's either jam or fold.

and I'm not a fan of folding

Comment

Really easy fold esp with 2 players behind,much better spots to be had just pickin up blinds etc,madness gamblin with jj here

Comment

You're miles ahead of the utg+1 range. If you jam utg has to fold unless he has AA. With 17 bigs, you don't have that many spots with six or seven left to pick up blinds and wait for a better hand. JJ is good here a lot.

Comment

JJ 7 handed with their stacksizes i would reshove in that situation.

Comment

Reshove. Well ahead of shover's range, tight UTG will fold a lot of hands here if properly tight and can't assume the blinds will find a better hand than JJ. Winning makes us fairly comfortable for the ticket from the looks of things and looks a perfect spot to me.

Comment

If utg is any good at all, he is never opening anything here utg off a 12bb stack he's not wanting to get all in with , and he prob just open shoves the slightly weaker part of what should be a very tight range.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                    If utg is any good at all, he is never opening anything here utg off a 12bb stack he's not wanting to get all in with , and he prob just open shoves the slightly weaker part of what should be a very tight range.
                    Limping QJ in late position at any stage in the sat would make me think he may be tight when it comes to getting the loot in but he must like to try to get to a flop before committing.

Comment

the utg raise is odd seing as he shud be shoving or folding with his stack, he either has the jj crushed or is raise folding, im still shoving the jj though.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys, it seems a case can be made for a fold or a jam. I was thinking along the lines of what Norwichfanrob said, utg is raising to get it in.

I folded the JJ, BB reshoved and then utg folded saying he folded JJ also (I didn't say what I had to the table)

utg+1 had 9c6c and the BB had 88 and held.

I went for the fold option here because I thought utg had me beat and I felt I could also accumulate chips easily from other players. I did get a ticket though

Comment

Working...
                        X