Starting back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting back

I am considering starting back playing. What are the best sites to play on these days? What are rakeback deals like?

Im not sure I will even manage to get back in to the swing of things but I was thinking of starting at 5nl and moving up.
    Pm for rakeback deals

save yourself the hours playing that

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
      save yourself the hours playing that
      What would you suggest? Not even bother anymore? As a breakeven/small winner at 50nl id imagine id need to go that low. I guess MTTs would be the easoest money now but I despise having to commit the hours that are needed to run deep in big fields.
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Jesus, why?!

Comment

Would suggest taking a tilt at 10 nl or 20 nl zoom/speed poker, @ the weekends to see where your game is vs those player pools.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
            What would you suggest? Not even bother anymore? As a breakeven/small winner at 50nl id imagine id need to go that low. I guess MTTs would be the easoest money now but I despise having to commit the hours that are needed to run deep in big fields.
            Just couldnt think of anything worse to do grinding the micros. I play very little these days myself. Turbos mostly when i do.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
              Just couldnt think of anything worse to do grinding the micros. I play very little these days myself. Turbos mostly when i do.
              Some people actually enjoy playing poker..!

Tipp I'd recommend 20 or 25nl as a starting point. Deposit 500 or 600 hundred, don't be such a baby.

Comment

I just can't see grinding low stakes NL cash as profitable/enjoyable. Cash games are exceptionally tough now to even break even in.

I would say take some of the cash and buy a copy of PT4 if you don't have one, subscribe to Runitonce for 10$ a month and watch the essential vids. Grind low/mid stakes tourneys on eurosites from there.

Alternatively if you want to grind cash, what about learning some of the mixed games, I would imagine that could be quite interesting.

Comment

Makes you wonder where poker is going when someone asks where best place/ games to play and ppl react with shock/horror that you could actually be a winning player playing cash and mtts are such a minus ev investment.

The replies of go here/there take 30% RB deal. play Boyles/PPP specials, TAG game cant lose, BRM etc etc advice are just an echo now of times gone by

Bubble has bust I feel and dealers gone home

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                    Some people actually enjoy playing poker..!

Tipp I'd recommend 20 or 25nl as a starting point. Deposit 500 or 600 hundred, don't be such a baby.
                    nothing enjoyable about grinding micros though

Comment

did you end up starting back up? im thinking of starting playing online poker but lots of negativity in this thread... would love an update on how you fared after time off

Comment

Originally posted by drobablyprunk View Post
                        did you end up starting back up? im thinking of starting playing online poker but lots of negativity in this thread... would love an update on how you fared after time off
                        it really depends on what your expectations are before hand,if you think you can deposit 50 and run it up to 100k im afraid those days are probably gone.
                        but if u just want some entertainment/chance of a bink then go for it

Comment

Working...
                        X