HectorJelly Blog Updates: Triathlon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HectorJelly Blog Updates: Triathlon

I just checked Hold-Em manager and I've played 22875 hands already this month. That's great considering how busy I've been with other stuff. I scored 3 hat-tricks in 3 games from Friday to Tuesday (although as all my friends from football will want to point out, only one was a league match, and the opposition wasn't great), I started a weekly radio show. (That's for music not poker!) The aim is to play a lot of modern hip hop, electro & ambient. and (Friday's at 2pm @ http://www.ustream.tv/Kitchen-Sync), and I've been doing some desperate last minute training for the first Triathlon I'm doing, which is this Saturday.

The distances are 750m swimming, 20k cycling and 5k running. I had hoped to get a lot more training in, but I only got a place about 3 weeks ago. At the start of the year when I first planned this I thought the swimming would be by far my worst section, but I've done quite a lot of swimming and am now very comfortable doing that distance. Its the other sections I'm worried about now! I know I can do the cycle (although it will be grueling), but I'm worried about the run at the end. I've been having problems with my calf muscles, I need to stretch them for about 10 minutes before football and even then I can feel them more than I should. I'm worried they will seize up, which happens from time to time. I don't usually worry about things, but I'm pretty nervous about this. I really do not want to have to retire from the race, especially at the last stage in the discipline I should be best at. I had a dream a few days ago where all my teeth fell out, apparently that's a fairly common anxiety dream. The next day I woke up and booked a dentist session for Tuesday, at least I have that to look forward to!

Wish me luck.

More...
Working...
X