This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SB is playing 22/11 over 60 hands..

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($62.05)
    SB ($53.94)
    Hero (BB) ($108.94)
    UTG ($50)
    MP ($50.75)
    CO ($93.28)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
    4 folds, SB bets $1.25, Hero raises $4, SB calls $3

Flop: ($9) Q, 7, 5 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB calls $6

Turn: ($21) 10 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($21) A (2 players)
    SB bets $21, Hero folds

Total pot: $21

Comment

Bet that turn.

Comment

yeah, I felt that he had a lot more hands that would fire a river bet if I checked the turn.

Also, am I b/f or b/c the turn? Thats what really had me in a twist. His AF is 0.6, so its probably a b/f but still don't like doing it.

River card was gross.

3bet is a bit small too?

Comment

Anyone fold this ?

Villian is 51/2 with a 4.3 3bet.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($60.73)
          Hero (UTG) ($107.19)
          MP ($50)
          Button ($80.82)
          SB ($164.01)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, K
          Hero bets $2, 2 folds, SB raises $3.25, 1 fold, Hero raises $7.50, SB raises $12, Hero raises $25, SB raises $38, Hero raises $72.69 (All-In), SB calls $53.69

Flop: ($214.88) 2, J, 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($214.88) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($214.88) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $214.88
          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
            Anyone fold this ?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($60.73)
            Hero (UTG) ($107.19)
            MP ($50)
            Button ($80.82)
            SB ($164.01)

Hero bets $2, 2 folds, SB raises $3.25, 1 fold, Hero raises $7.50, SB raises $12, Hero raises $25, SB raises $38, Hero raises $72.69 (All-In), SB calls $53.69

Hate the min 4bet, should be making it around 10, and snap shove, if he has what you're thinking, that's poker, cooler

Comment

Im never folding but I dont like the amount of bets you got in!

Comment

4bet to 11/12 minimum if you're 4betting there. A 51/2 player isn't giving up any less of his 3betting range to an $11 4bet than to a $7.50 one.

Don't 4bet if you don't know what to do if he 5bets, don't 4bet if you don't want to get it all in pre.

That being said, the hand should've been straightforward, you 4b to 11, he 5bets to 22, you shove. Cooler if he has it

Comment

Meh its pretty easy to say 'lol KK get it in lol cooler' but for 200bb a guy like this (assuming decent sample size) isn't showing up with QQ or AK too often to this action.

Comment

Should say about the 4 bet sizing its not my standard i 9 table and i think i panicked a bit time wise hence the blunder.

Im with zuutroy here i just said oh well ive got KK hes got AA what can i do. I was pretty sure im beaten but sample size is only 147 hands.

His betsize especially leads me to suggest massive hand.
                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

i was going to post the other day about two hands where i got min 3/4/5bet by somone like that. i don't think you're to see much else there.

don't agree about not 4betting if you're not getting it in, there's a ton of value there until he told you his hand.

Comment

What are the thoughts here ?

Villian is gachisteach for those who have played him. I will admit the hand is played strangely but i felt checking the flop was the best way to get payed. Turn small bet appear like weakness.

Villians stats are 19/10 with a 3 bet of 4.0 over 886 hands. Anyone disagree with the line i took ? Is it just better shoving the flop.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($20.50)
                        MP ($50.47)
                        Hero (CO) ($53.99)
                        Button ($50)
                        SB ($59.60)
                        BB ($82.32)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K
                        UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero bets $2, Button raises $7.25, 3 folds, Hero raises $17, Button calls $11.75

Flop: ($39.25) Q, 6, 7 (2 players)
                        Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($39.25) 4 (2 players)
                        Hero bets $8, Button raises $31 (All-In), Hero calls $23

River: ($101.25) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $101.25
                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

WP imo. IIRC he's king nit and prob has AA 102% of the time here but obv never folding KK in 4bet pot or doing anything but 4b pre.

Comment

I call too but your ahead 0% of the time

Comment

Using KK as a bluff catcher, or do we see AQ and AdKd here enough/ever?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                Using KK as a bluff catcher, or do we see AQ and AdKd here enough/ever?
                                Against other people yeah, not this guy though (note: my reads are old)

Comment

Nope zuutroy your spot on hence why i posted the hand.

I think he shoves AA pre i must say but i guess not all the time.

I guess im trying my best to gain value from a JJ or AQ type hand but again the only hand i feel he pays me with is QQ which was what he had.

I just feel that if it comes 10 high i have to try gain some value from him and i play it the same as i did above. Shoving is probably the worst move as i will def fold JJ out.

I guess the 8 bet into a 32 pot looks bad/strange but i mean even the nittiest guys are going to be put to the test with that bet.

Its such a tempting bet to shove over.
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ugh just found my lifetime 200nl graph for Everest back in '08 on my photobucket. WTF went wrong!

Comment

What do you play now zuutroy ? Did you go on a major downswing or just not have the time to play poker?
                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Please post ur down swing graph zuutroy. Last time i seen it it cheered me up to no end.

Comment

honestly would just fold after that flop as gay and nitty as it seems

Comment

What do you play now zuutroy ? Did you go on a major downswing or just not have the time to play poker?
                                            Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                            Please post ur down swing graph zuutroy. Last time i seen it it cheered me up to no end.
                                            This happened:

At which point I cashed out the lot and gave up for about 18 months. Just back into it a month or so, started with 200 bucks at 10nl. Currently at 20nl now.

Comment

Thats nasty. Do you think you will find it a lot harder at 50nl up when you hit them stages 3 years later surely the games have gotten a little tougher.
                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Thats nasty. Do you think you will find it a lot harder at 50nl up when you hit them stages 3 years later surely the games have gotten a little tougher.
                                                For sure. Back in those days I used to be able to 8 table with >30%/flop on every table. Now even at 20nl its hard to find any games above 30%. Still from what I've seen, the regulars are fairly robotic and poor. I would imagine I would be a marginal winner at 100nl, but rakebackftw!
                                                I'm trying to totally avoid any fps and just play solid, value bet, barrel good turns and rivers, 4bet bluff a ton (so profitable).
                                                Digi and Roadsweeper played in the Everest games and currently play 100-400nl on ipoker and maintain its still beatable. I def wasn't a winner at 400nl on Everest though. Tough games.

Comment

Anyone fold this ?

BB ($60.73)
                                                  Hero (UTG) ($107.19)
                                                  MP ($50)
                                                  Button ($80.82)
                                                  SB ($164.01)

Flat the 5 bet. Getting it in this deep against this guy has to be bad. He has AA close to 100% but getting a great price with stacks behind, open fold a AK2 flop though

Comment

See, easy game!

Comment

You should be at 50nl v quick zuutroy i pretty much crushed 20nl over 60k hands so its hard to figure how well i ran or what my true win rate is.

I think you will find a big difference at 50nl. I was a 15bb winner at 20nl but i found the jump to 50nl massive. At 50nl im technically a 2.8bb winner but running unreal ev wise. Im not sure how much i take notice of ev as ive been running bad in big pots cooler wise.

Im pretty sure im only a 1bb winner at 50nl. I have 60% on ipoker which means my hourly is about $15 without any winrate included.

If i wasnt going to Canada and depending on poker to add me sum $$$ i would be chancing my arm with 100nl as i am probably way over rolled for 50nl depending on your view.
                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just saw your 4bet bluff post you will be played back at a lot more at 50nl. 20nl was just so easy to 3 and 4 bet. Im pretty sure most half decent 20nl players are now aware of 3 betting light they most certainly have not adjusted to 5 bet bluffing.
                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Firstly I dont think I've come across a decent 20nl player! I can't imagine there's too much shoving light going on tbh. Once you have some extended history with people I can see getting 99 in pre in btn vs bb situations but I'd be fairly sure people aren't 3betting 57s and then shipping when they're 4bet.
                                                          The 2/4 games when I played them were full of aggro Dutch regs and it was super aggro pre-flop.
                                                          I think there's probably a ton of people at 50nl 3betting >10% of the time and 3betting vs a steal 20% odd but then not adjusting so they will be folding to a disproportionate amount of 4-bets.
                                                          My current 4b at 20nl is 14%, I'm not sure how that compares with the average.

Comment

I hope all nitty bumhunting HU regs die of aids. I was playing some quy for like 8 mins and he owned me for a stack with some ridiculous k high call that I have no idea how he made and then he SNAP quits me after the hand.

I mean, not only is it pretty poor etiquette but the mind boggles as to how he didnt think he'd have an edge on me after completely owning me.

Fuckin nits have no heart.

(I am well aware that it probably worked out well for me)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                              Firstly I dont think I've come across a decent 20nl player! I can't imagine there's too much shoving light going on tbh. Once you have some extended history with people I can see getting 99 in pre in btn vs bb situations but I'd be fairly sure people aren't 3betting 57s and then shipping when they're 4bet.
                                                              The 2/4 games when I played them were full of aggro Dutch regs and it was super aggro pre-flop.
                                                              I think there's probably a ton of people at 50nl 3betting >10% of the time and 3betting vs a steal 20% odd but then not adjusting so they will be folding to a disproportionate amount of 4-bets.
                                                              My current 4b at 20nl is 14%, I'm not sure how that compares with the average.
                                                              I assume my 3bet raise % is my 4 bet % if so it was 17% for the 30k hands of 20nl i have on my database. My 3 bet was 7.6.

Im now at about 8.6 for the 100k of 50nl that i have on my database.
                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

The below arent overly strange or hard hands but im just looking for anything that might seem like a leak.

Is this standard ?

Button ($50)
                                                                Hero (SB) ($73.37)
                                                                BB ($49.25)
                                                                UTG ($22.91)
                                                                MP ($33.51)
                                                                CO ($79.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, 9
                                                                UTG calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($1.50) K, 3, K (3 players)
                                                                Hero bets $1, BB calls $1, 1 fold

Turn: ($3.50) 6 (2 players)
                                                                Hero bets $2, BB raises $6, Hero calls $4

River: ($15.50) Q (2 players)
                                                                Hero checks, BB bets $11.62, Hero calls $11.62

Total pot: $38.74

Just a random 3 bet hand anyone have any problems with it ?

SB ($62.44)
                                                                BB ($51.60)
                                                                UTG ($41.20)
                                                                MP ($49.25)
                                                                Hero (Button) ($58.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, 7
                                                                UTG bets $1.75, 1 fold, Hero raises $5.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $3.75

Flop: ($11.75) 5, 6, 5 (2 players)
                                                                UTG checks, Hero bets $6, UTG calls $6

Turn: ($23.75) 2 (2 players)
                                                                UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($23.75) J (2 players)
                                                                UTG bets $11.88, Hero folds

Total pot: $23.75

Again a random 3 bet pot just to see any thoughts

MP ($67.91)
                                                                CO ($17.25)
                                                                Button ($64.24)
                                                                SB ($128.86)
                                                                Hero (BB) ($64.15)
                                                                UTG ($50.04)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, A
                                                                3 folds, Button bets $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises $4, Button calls $3

Flop: ($9.25) 4, 2, 9 (2 players)
                                                                Hero bets $5, Button calls $5

Turn: ($19.25) A (2 players)
                                                                Hero bets $10, Button raises $54.74 (All-In), Hero calls $44.65 (All-In)

River: ($128.55) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $128.55
                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

bet 2.75 on turn in first hand, what weaker K is limping UTG, or is the UTG a tool and could have ATC here?

Don't really like the 3bet with 77 here, makes very little sense, you are crushed / flipping with almost his whole calling range, and you'll fold to a 4bet? Equally don't like the C-bet, you are trying to get value from? Or trying to get him to fold 88-TT?

3bet bigger, 5.50, 7/7.50 on flop. I think I C/C the turn, and then let the river play itself. What hands does he call a 3bet with that call two streets on an A high board that we beat?

Comment

3betting the 77 is rancid bad.

Opr

Comment

4-bet bluffing is definitely a key ingredient of my profit at 50nl. That said, I did crack AA with KQs the other day so it helps if you can run good.

Anyway, very few players are adjusting IME. Obviously I'm picking my spots carefully, but the guys who 3-bet light haven't taken to 5-bet bluffing. I know this because I call 5-bets too much.

Put it this way, I can't remember a single occasion in the ~60000 hands I've played where myself and another reg got them in and we were both light. That might be a small sample for the stat, and my memory has been known to be fuzzy, but I really think it just doesn't happen.
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hand 1. I prefer a raise from the sb with k9ss. As played i play the same.

Hand 2. I hate the 3bet. I just flat and play it in pos.

Hand 3. 3bet is fine but i make it 5.5 pre and 6.5 on the flop. I prefer a c/c on the turn as its a puke spot when he shoves the turn.

Also its very hard to make a proper judgement on a hand without stats and reads.

Comment

Posting from phone so cant be that detailed ! I tend to 3 bet a large percent of my small to medium pairs. Is this a big leak ? I mean if you constantly flat them you are going to be folding a lot of flops.

I have a 3 bet of approx 10 percent on one of my accounts and when i hit my set it becomes a pay day very often due to my aggression.

I may post a screenshot of my 3 bet hands to see what people think.
                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Beat: Thought I was down 2.3k last night, but today realized I had screenname filter on and was down 3.5k

Mutisiteaments ftl

Comment

Posting from phone so cant be that detailed ! I tend to 3 bet a large percent of my small to medium pairs. Is this a big leak ? I mean if you constantly flat them you are going to be folding a lot of flops.

I have a 3 bet of approx 10 percent on one of my accounts and when i hit my set it becomes a pay day very often due to my aggression.

3bet your value hands and then in position stuff thats just below your calling range you can 3bet. Suited one gappers, offsuit connectors, Kxs, Axs etc.

Id rarely 3bet small to medium pairs 100bbs deep, they lose their value the times you get 4bet and have to fold and also by having a smaller stack to pot ratio postflop in 3bet pots.
                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I rarely 3bet small pocket pairs in position as i just like to take a flop and play from there. From the sb and bb i have been 3betting 22-66 against late position stealer as I probably wont get enough action to profitably call when i flop a set anyway.

Comment

Better to fold 22-66 in those spots imo. Tough to turn a profit oop by flatting.

Also not a huge fan of 3betting Ax, particularly when its suited. People's 3bet calling ranges can get you in a lot of trouble post flop. I think you're better off keeping things totally polarised.

Comment

I like sometimes 3betting 22-55 as a bluff from the blinds against certain opponents. Calling these 100% and check folding the majority of flops is a leak imo. This is what will happen a lot as baby pairs are not good cards to bluff post flop as they have little chance of improving on later streets.

77 is too strong to 3b here and you are wasting its value by 3betting.

Comment

I think 3betting Ax stuff is fine in position, i mean it'd be hard to go wrong with position, initiative and at least 30% equity against every hand in their calling range.

Comment

Obv its fine but virtually any two cards fit your advantages. You have a 3betting range, a folding range and a calling range and can only be doing each with a certain frequency before people can begin to exploit you. I think Ax hands, particularly when suited fit better into a calling range and polarising your 3bets is much better particularly at lower stakes. Redjoker has explained it well in the past.

Comment

Obv its fine but virtually any two cards fit your advantages. You have a 3betting range, a folding range and a calling range and can only be doing each with a certain frequency before people can begin to exploit you. I think Ax hands, particularly when suited fit better into a calling range and polarising your 3bets is much better particularly at lower stakes. Redjoker has explained it well in the past.
                                                                                          ah ye, i know the arguments. Do you flat utg/mp raises from tightish guys with Ax tho? I think in situations where they're not in your flatting range that they're more than reasonable to 3bet due to blocker value and equity blah, blah, blah

Comment

I'd almost alway fold <AT there. If there was a fish who is calling 100% I'll call with most suited aces though.

Comment

Here is my 3 bet range over 100k hands

Attached Files
                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

You would need to filter it to full stacks for a start. Even then I don't think you can get too much info from it?

Comment

Better to fold 22-66 in those spots imo. Tough to turn a profit oop by flatting.

Also not a huge fan of 3betting Ax, particularly when its suited. People's 3bet calling ranges can get you in a lot of trouble post flop. I think you're better off keeping things totally polarised.
                                                                                                  I kinda like a5 and lower. obv you're not going to be playing for stacks with one pair and you can kinda balance for the times you're going to be playing kk and qq on A high boards. But the main thing is card removal.

Comment

UTG is 15/14 over 70 hands

$0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
                                                                                                    HoldemManager
                                                                                                    6 Players
                                                                                                    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
                                                                                                    UTG ($106)
                                                                                                    UTG+1 ($122)
                                                                                                    Hero ($100)
                                                                                                    BTN ($157)
                                                                                                    SB ($64.38)
                                                                                                    BB ($125)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is CO :Kd: :Ks:
                                                                                                    UTG raises to $3, UTG+1 raises to $9, Hero raises to $24, 3 folds, UTG calls $21, UTG+1 folds

Flop: :9d: :Ts: :7d: ($58.50, 2 players)
                                                                                                    UTG bets $20, $20 to Hero ($76)?

Comment

Just jam (and hit running diamonds if necc)

Comment

Yeah, but he has AA a lot id say, Id have thought he would have c/r with it though.

Comment

Just pay the man when he's AA and you've KK. QQ and JJ are in his range there too.

Comment

Jesus ipoker 100NL is a regfest imo. 66 tables between $, € and ÂŁ which is good but if you filter them for there to be at a maximum 1 shortstacker per table that only leaves 30 with means there is a least 2 shortstackers on 36 of the tables . Every table i sat into today was just full of regs and most of them are not horrible either, some are bad but not that many. It doesnt seem worth the grind.

Networks with less traffic have unreal games compared to ipoker. I just came from 2 other networks as ipoker have the best deals but im starting to think its not worth it now.

Comment

In fairness, a 60% rakeback deal is a huge amount of bb/100 over a decent sample of hands. It's hard to find a site where your winrate at 100nl is going to make up for that much money.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                In fairness, a 60% rakeback deal is a huge amount of bb/100 over a decent sample of hands. It's hard to find a site where your winrate at 100nl is going to make up for that much money.
                                                                                                                I disagree. 30% and a site that plays like its 2007 and you'll have a much higher hourly. Was having this chat with Ian when walking around Shanghai and he convinced me.

Comment

Its a trade off.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                                    Its a trade off.
                                                                                                                    Kinda like this I think:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InIxKCa3H9g[/ame]

where iPoker = Derek, and they nut themselves by trying to win the rakeback race, but give others so much value by doing so!
                                                                                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I disagree. 30% and a site that plays like its 2007 and you'll have a much higher hourly. Was having this chat with Ian when walking around Shanghai and he convinced me.
                                                                                                                      I'm on your side here tbh. As a casual player I'm much happier playing against fish, but I can see why a grinder would only play somewhere with the best deal possible.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                        I'm on your side here tbh. As a casual player I'm much happier playing against fish, but I can see why a grinder would only play somewhere with the best deal possible.
                                                                                                                        Im happy at the moment with the safety net that is 5bb/100 rakeback. Down the road i think i will need to leave ipoker as im certain i wont beat 100nl without improving a lot.
                                                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Standard?

Guys 6th hand at the table, no reads. Lot of scary turn cards. shove and close eyes?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($19.59)
                                                                                                                          SB ($10.79)
                                                                                                                          Hero (BB) ($24.53)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, 10
                                                                                                                          1 fold, SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.80) 9, J, 10 (2 players)
                                                                                                                          SB bets $2, Hero raises $24.13 (All-In), SB calls $8.39 (All-In)

Turn: ($21.58) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($21.58) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $21.58

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X