Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Melbourne Cup

The race that stops a nation...

Shocking has been fav all year. Hoping to go back to back.
    After a cox plate win, SoYouThink is the new TAB fav hoping to net Bart Cummings a 13th MC win. Which is huge considering the second place trainer has about 5 wins. Although many question SYT's form over two miles verses Shockings proven runs last year and in the Caulfield cup.
    I liked Alcopop to shoten, but he is outside the top 24 now so needs a win on sat to make the cut.

Betfair apparently agrees with me as Shocking is stil a big fav there, with SYT at 7.4

Internationals are expected to be makign a big push this year. And who else at the fore but our own Dermott Weld (responsible for 2 of the 3 foriegn raids on the MC). Weld's Profound Beauty is 9th on ballot and guaranteed to run. Other horses he brought won't be making a push.

Luca Cumani has Manighar guaranteed a stop at the post with both Bauer and Drunken sailor hoping to squeeze past the 24th spot.

Betfair Market
    Hope won't change a whole lot until sunday, remember it uses the aussie Wallet, so you need to transfer it over.

The Irish/English raiders tend to usually be too short in the markets giving there poorish record in the race but there doesn't seem to be any to get stuck into laying at current prices this year. Hopefully one attracts some support closer to the race. Septimus was ridiculously short last year...
    Profit before people.

Comment

Weld's horses are normally too short too, being the trainer for 2 out of the 3 times a non-oz trainer won it is double edged.
      Profound Beauty looks reasonable,
      Seriously considering laying shocking for a decent bit.
      Or pehaps, backing and laying off SYT

Comment

You going out Mellor? Just got tickets there, off to buy the age and get my red biro out.

Comment

Yeah, took a trip down from Sydney,
          Shameless aftertime, had the winner in the cup
          Ended up cleaning up in the crown too, was pretty drunk but the aussies were lol bad

Comment

Working...
          X