No announcement yet.

Cheltenham Festival 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 out of 7 races to WPM thats just staggering.

I'm finished if he makes it 5/8 here.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
      That horse won despite the jockey

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
        That horse won despite the jockey
        Every single horse in the race made a mistake at some point. Are they all shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          what did he do wrong?
          Not a lot,just dont rate him

Comment

Whats people's thoughts on Pont Alexandre? Still value now at 11/8!??

Comment

Point Alexandre please for the sweat on the treble with SS left then

Comment

My gut tells me Rule the World will win this one but just can't back against the top two.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Phew!

Comment

Glad I didnt get on him, didnt see value, on to SS now!!

Comment

Was pretty pissed off yesterday evening as I have alot of money invested on the basis of mud flying up around the ears of the horses. Anyway, rip it up and get back in the saddle for day 2. I am working on the basis of dead ground or as we would call it in Ireland - Yielding.

Race 1 - It is very hard to see beyond Back In focus in this race and I wouldn't put anybody off backing him other than to say that PWM doesnt always impress me over a fence and that alone is enough to make me swerve it. I think Hawkes Point for Paul Nicholls commands respect. Nicholls has in the past had some red hot ones running in this and has therefore a bad rep in the race but last year was 2nd and I like this one as he goes in under the radar - At 12/1 I am happy to take this one each way. Elsewhere I will be looking to place lay Tofino Bay (Ground), Godsmejudge (form) and Buddy Bolero (form/inexperience) - if 2 of them place Il be losing money.

Race 2 - Pont Alexandre is gone very very short. I dont rate any line of form with Don Cossack and it was a pretty weak affair he won last time with both the 2nd and 3rd needing 3miles. That said he has done it well he may win but he wont carry my money at this price. The horses I want to take him on with are Rule The World and The New One. The New One has a real touch of class about him and has proper form including beating MTOY in the Aintree bumper last season. There is a slight question mark over stable form but they normally play a straight bat and have said he is fine - they also had a placed horse yesterday.Rule The World is an amazing specimen of a horse and for such a big horse he has shown some serious ability to date - I absolutely love him - I cant wait to see him as an 8yo/2nd season chaser - he will be a beast. He is in the care of a magnificent trainer for Cheltenham. The positives with him is that he travels in a race the negatives is that I still see him as pretty unfurnished so it may be a big ask to win it at this stage in his career. Anyway - back TNO and RTW each way in a ratio of 3:2. This will be a cracker of a race.

Race 3 - This is a reasonably ordinary lookng RSA and a case can be made for many. It is hard to look too far beyond Unioniste but there isnt alot of meat in his price. In short I would back Lyreen Legend each way. LL was stood in for almost 2 weeks after his fall at christmas so it was a cracking run to be so close over an inadequate trip several weeks later. He jumps exceptionally well. Realtively speaking he is overpriced vs Boston Bob. The vibes on BB are not very strong so I would be happy to lay BB win/place and and I will be place laying both Lord Windemere and Houblon Des Obeaux.

Race 4 - I am backing Sizing Europe at around evens without Sprinter Sacre.

Race 5 - It is very hard to look beyond Abbey Lane in this race and I think his price is fair. I also like Ericht who is having 10lb taken off his back. I could see Cash And Go run well as he has a touch of class about him. Id probably scatter gun those 3. I will be watching for Mr Watson in running - he he settles and is ridden from mid div or so then I will add him in the run. I will place lay Pendra as she is so inexperienced and is probably overegged due to the silks she runs in.

Race 6 - Very tough race. Based on the visuals of his debut win, better ground and blinkers I backed Flaxen Flare yesterday at 25/1 but it is probably a tad stupid so dont rush to follow me in. In short I think Saphir De Rheu is the one to beat - they are not shy in saying that they think he is well handicapped in this race and has been put away for it. Another at a huge price which has been put away for it is Habesh and coming from a small stable with a 5lb claimer he probably represents value.

Race 7 - Tough race but I am plumping with Golantillia and Union Dues.
                      please tell me I'm not the only person who's blindly followed GAB up to this point and then decided to cut and run before this races started?

Comment

TYTY GAB

Believe!

Comment

Neil Channings biggest advised bet today. He's on fire!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            please tell me I'm not the only person who's blindly followed GAB up to this point and then decided to cut and run before this races started?
                            I blocked him after the 3rd race yesterday. Saving me a fortune.

Comment

Special turn of foot there, most striking performance of the festival so far.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

I have taken 14/1 for next years Champion Hurdle. That was sublime.

Comment

Might be visually better than was.

Race panned out pretty much perfectly for him.

Comment

Don't like Boston Bob drifting and I'm going to have a small ew bet on Hadrian's Approach who got so close to beating Unioniste despite a bad jump two out and a bump close home.
                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Somebody call the IMF and tell then not to dispatch the funds to me just yet. I have some breathing room now.
                                      Martingale staking system obviously!!
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ugh!

Ah well Cooper has had two decent smells of victory this week and will break his duck on Friday.

Comment

Lyreen Legend so close there, was getting sick when he jumped the last and I wasn't on board, super pick again GAB, ul not to get there!!

Comment

Lord Windermere 1st
                                            Lyreen Legend 2nd
                                            Hadrian's Approach 3rd
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

So close, ul Noel

Comment

A jockey just announced his retirement out of the blue last Saturday after racing in Navan.
                                                Tom Doyle must be sitting at home thinking about what could have been.

Comment

Davy loves the game.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

5/8 Irish winners so far with more hopefully to come, unreal

FU Cheltenham 2012
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Goosebumps watching Sprinter Sacre clips. No better sight imo in racing than a classy two mile chaser.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        Goosebumps watching Sprinter Sacre clips. No better sight imo in racing than a classy two mile chaser.
                                                        By far my favourite race of the meeting. So many great performances. Flagship Uberalles won me a shedload of money on this day 11 years ago, remember laughing about it with my Dad down the phone. He dropped dead about 2 hours later but a good way to go.
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What a beast.

Comment

Just so classy.

Comment

Sprinter Sacre 1st
                                                              Sizing Europe 2nd
                                                              Wishfull Thinking 3rd
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on that text bet.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Different gravy.
                                                                    What a horse.

Comment

You only have to listen to the reception he got coming to the line to prove that horse racing offers so much more than a betting prospect as a sport. Wouldn't imagine too many were on at 4's on but still got the biggest ovation of the week. Just awesome.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

anyone get the full results of that last one?

Comment

1 Medinas 33/1
                                                                          2 Meister Eckhart 14/1
                                                                          3 Fiveforthree 20/1
                                                                          4 Master Of The Sea 10/1
                                                                          5 Ericht

as good as it gets so far - http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/results/home.sd

Comment

1 Medinas 33/1
                                                                            2 Meister Eckhart 14/1
                                                                            3 Fiveforthree 20/1
                                                                            4 Master Of The Sea 10/1
                                                                            5 Ericht

from RP site

bah FU Emmet

Comment

fuck...
                                                                              Was following on text commentary and thought Abbey Lane placed.
                                                                              A rather disastrous day so far

Comment

Anywhere to watch the last couple races?

Comment

Friday boxed off.

Fry-up & settle into pub in Rathgar, watch Our Conor hose up & into town for some more

Comment

On Bordini in this, hope O'Regan has picked the right Ferguson horse here.

Comment

Star man Noes as usual. I blindly followed on Flaxon Flare. Cheers!!!
                                                                                      Last edited by connie147; 13-03-13, 16:50.

Comment

Followed GAB, bottled it as a place bet though

7/1 not bad for a place though

Comment

Couldn't get the race up anywhere in time. I also blindly backed Flaxen Flare, did he come in???

EDIT: wahey! great shout Noel!
                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

i haopeless 5er e/w to recover worked. I owe GAB a pint!
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

He's back muthafukkas! Nice one GAB.

Comment

Yeah, I backed him @ 22/1 10 mins berore off (online), returned 25/1 and they paid out the bigger price. Nice. WP again Noel.

Comment

Shame on those who lost faith. We believe in the Hayes!

Comment

Some awful aftertiming here on my part but I am taking a dim view on the form of the PFN stable and place laid Saphir De Rheu to lose 400/win 240

Market Selection Bid
                                                                                                    type Bet ID Bet
                                                                                                    placed Persistence Odds
                                                                                                    req. Stake
                                                                                                    (€) Liability
                                                                                                    (€) Avg. odds
                                                                                                    matched Profit/Loss
                                                                                                    (€)
                                                                                                    GB / Chelt 13th Mar / 16:40 To Be Placed Saphir Du Rheu Lay 25787968910 13-Mar-13
                                                                                                    16:38 C 2.76 176.08 2.76 176.08
                                                                                                    GB / Chelt 13th Mar / 16:40 To Be Placed Saphir Du Rheu Lay 25787954193 13-Mar-13
                                                                                                    16:38 C 2.74 63.92 2.74 63.92
                                                                                                    you said it earlier in fairness and could be spot on. Last time he didn't have a winner on day one or two?

Comment

Noel, listening to Ted Walsh this morning on the Morning line. He said mullins had 3 in the bumper, with Ruby on one, his (Mullins) son on another and Anthony Lynch on the 3rd.

He went on to say that lots of punters would see this as a way of sorting out which is Mullins strongest, as in Ruby would be on the number 1, Mullins son on number 2 and Lynch on 3. But Ted Walsh went on to say that it was not the case here. he said Lynch normally rides for the owners of sizing tennessee, and he would have the ride on that regardless, and in fact, Sizing Tennesse was Ted Walshs charity bet for the day as he fancied this horse here.

Your opinion?

Comment

sgt reckless in d last...get on....

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                          Shame on those who lost faith. We believe in the Hayes!

Back in the game.
                                                                                                          #hayeswise

No Searsons for me today gotta maker do watching from Laptop at work- Id say the whole office heard me roaring there!

Comment

Listening to the radio again today

As annoying as they were yesterday and to a lesser extent today it is funny out to listen to Thommo wander around the course doing this

for a few hours

Comment

very small sample size but wonder if everything is ok with Nicholls stable. Dodging Bullets 2nd last yesterday, Zarkandar withered rather tamely for a horse that had everything on a plate for him, the horse in the 4 miler today drifter alarmingly beforehand (which had me wondering if he looked bad in the ring) and ran accordingly, Unioniste beaten too far out for it to be his running even if he did end up 4th at the finish.
                                                                                                              Would you warn me off backing the Liquidator here?

Comment

edit: sorry im on union dues my mistake.
                                                                                                                Last edited by eamonhonda; 13-03-13, 17:09.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

bit left of centre but I have backed Long Lunch in the 5.30 Huntingdon - dont worry if he is soft in the market.
                                                                                                                  oops.....
                                                                                                                  I've made a rather large boo boo here
                                                                                                                  lets hope the blind follow works or the rest of the week might be a little quiet

Comment

looks like Ruby was given the number 1!!

Comment

Ah ffs, went off him listening to and reading about how Ruby is just getting the third horse.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                                        looks like Ruby was given the number 1!!
                                                                                                                        Ted joins the cnut list

Comment

nice one Briar hill @ 25/1, even for the day

€18.10 up for the day so far

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X