99 World Cup bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 World Cup bets

I'm looking at doing majority of these bets before the World Cup starts. Any of them akin to burning money are they all ok. Not sure of what odds yet, so will need to see which ones offer a little value.

I also really like backing Serbia to win the World Cup and laying them off once they make it out of the group, hopefully!

Brazil To Win The World Cup
    Spain To Win The World Cup Each Way
    A Spain v Brazil World Cup Final
    David Villa To Be World Cup Golden Boot
    Luis Fabiano To Be World Cup Golden Boot
    146-155 Goals At The World Cup
    Spain To Win Games Against Weaker Teams 'to nil'
    David Villa To Score Anytime Each Match
    Brazil To Win Group
    Brazil To Score Most Goals In The World Cup
    Luis Fabiano To Score Anytime In Each Match
    England To Win The Second Half Of Their Games
    Wayne Rooney To Score Anytime Each Match
    Lay Argentina To Reach The Final
    Lay Carlos Tevez To Place In The Golden Boot Market
    Back Over 2.5 Goals In Each Argentina Match
    Italy To Finish Runners Up In Their Group
    Italy To Be Eliminated In The Second Round
    Italy To Win Games Against Weaker Teams 'to nil'
    Italy Games To Be Under 2.5 Goals
    Italy To Draw Their Match In The Second Round
    Germany To Win Games Against Weaker Teams 'to nil'
    Germany To Get 7 Points In Their Group
    Mario Gomez To Be Germany's Top Scorer
    Over 2.5 Goals In Each Holland Game
    France To Finish Third In Their Group
    France To Be Eliminated At Group Stage
    France To Get Either 2 Or 3 Points In Their Group
    France To Score Less Than 4 Goals In Their Group
    France Games To Be Under 2.5 Goals
    Portugal To Third In Group
    Portugal To Be Eliminated At Group Stage
    Lay Portugal To Reach The Final
    Lay Cristiano Ronaldo To Place In The Golden Boot Market
    Back Portugal To Win To Nil Against North Korea
    Ivory Coast To Finish Runners Up In Their Group
    Ivory Coast To Qualify From Their Group
    Ivory Coast To Beat Portugal In Their Group Match
    Chile To Gain Six Points In Their Group
    Chile To Beat Two Weakest Teams In Their Group 'to nil'
    Paraguay To Be Eliminated In The Quarter Final
    Roque Santa Cruz To Be Paraguay's Top Scorer
    Roque Santa Cruz To Score In Group Games Against Weaker Opposition
    Under 2.5 Goals In Each Ghana Game
    Serbia To Qualify From Their Group
    Serbia To Finish Runners Up In Their Group
    Serbia To Keep Clean Sheets Against Two Weakest Group Sides
    Milan Jovanovic To Be Top Serbia Goal Scorer
    Serbia Stage Of Elimination To Be The Second Round
    Denmark To Be Finish Third In Group
    Denmark To Be Eliminated At The Group stage
    Back Under 2.5 Goals In All Denmark Games
    USA To Be Eliminated In The Quarter Finals
    USA To Qualify From Their Group
    Clint Dempsey To Be Top USA Goal Scorer
    Australia To Be Eliminated At The Group Stage
    Tim Cahill To Be Top Australia Goalscorer
    Mexico To Finish Runners Up In Group
    Mexico To Be Eliminated In Second Round
    Lay Mexico To Reach The Quarter Final
    Back Giovani Dos Santos To Be Mexico Top Goal Scorer
    Back Under 2.5 Goals In Each Mexico Match
    Cameroon To Be Eliminated In The Quarter Final
    Cameroon To Finish Runners Up In Their Group
    Cameroon To Qualify From Their Group
    Samuel Eto'o To Be Top Cameroon Goalscorer
    Cameroon Group Games To Be Under 2.5 Goals
    South Africa To Qualify From Their Group
    Nigeria To Finish Runners Up In Their Group
    Nigeria To Be Eliminated In The Second Round
    Back Over 2.5 Goals In Each Nigeria Game
    Obafemi Martins To Score Anytime Against Two Weakest Group Sides
    Back Greece Games To Be Under 2.5 Goals
    Uruguay To Finish Fourth In Group
    Uruguay Games To Have Over 2.5 Goals
    Switzerland Stage Of Elimination To Be Group Stage
    Switzerland To Score Less Than Two Goals At The World Cup
    Japan To Finish Bottom Of Their Group
    Japan To Get One Point
    Lay A Slovakia Clean Against Italy and Paraguay
    Back Slovakia To Gain Three Points In Their Group
    Back Marek Hamsik To Score Anytime Against New Zealand
    Slovenia To Be Eliminated At Group Stage
    Under 2.5 Goals In Each Slovenia Game
    South Korea To Be Eliminated At Group Stage
    South Korea To Get Less Than 3 Points In Group Stage
    Algeria To Finish Bottom Of Their Group
    Algeria To Gain One Point In Their Group
    Algeria Group Games To Be Under 2.5
    Honduras To Finish Fourth Place In Group
    Back Under 2.5 Goals In Honduras Games Against Two Weakest Side In Group
    Back Honduras To Score Less Than Three Goals At World Cup
    North Korea To Finish Bottom Of Their Group
    North Korea To Get No Points
    North Korea To Score No Goals
    North Korea To Concede More Group Goals Than Any Other Team
    New Zealand To Finish Bottom In Their Group
    New Zealand Not To Score At The World Cup
    New Zealand To Gain No Points At The World Cup

jesus tony, thats going to be a sick outlay on the tournment i would imagine, gl with it, i will be doing alot of betting myself, but not to that extent, i usuallly do single games in running

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
      jesus tony, thats going to be a sick outlay on the tournment i would imagine, gl with it, i will be doing alot of betting myself, but not to that extent, i usuallly do single games in running
      I wont be doing them all. Some will probably offer very little value so unless i'm lumping on, i'll just leave it alone. Might also go for a few doubles and trebles to bump them up a bit.

Thinking of working off a 300 point bank or something

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        I wont be doing them all. Some will probably offer very little value so unless i'm lumping on, i'll just leave it alone. Might also go for a few doubles and trebles to bump them up a bit.

Thinking of working off a 300 point bank or something
        i think any bet you have said with new zealand in it is good, but i would imagine they are no price at all, i would be wary of north korea as people have little or no info on them, i feel they could pull off one shock result as the other teams have little/no scouting info on them

i also think uruguary are not to be underestimated, i watched a few of their games in qualifiers and they seem to have a good mix of youth and expierence, although i do agree with the +2.5 goals in their games with suarez and forlan in the side not to mention their playmaker loderio of ajax has the potential to be world class imo, he was excellent in the copa liberadores last year for his club prior to moving to europe

Comment

prices are out on this already so where do you see the value?

Last edited by Buddha; 12-05-10, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddha View Post

prices are out on this already so where do you see the value?
            Of course the prices are out for those bets and quite a few of the other ones. I was just looking through different games and bets and pulled out the ones i might fancy.

Villa at about 10/1 and Fabiano at about 12/1 are good shouts i think. The other 3 just speak for themselves and are probably shoe ins

Comment

My suggestion is to not do any scorer bets. There is a very high luck element in who scores.
              My only bet in this market is Lukas Podolski for top scorer. He is in a team likely to play many games, and was a high price.

I have read that countries that suffered recent disasters outperform. Greece and Chile had setbacks this year.
              Big population > small population. Big GDP > small GDP. Big experience > small experience.
              The world football core (original EC members minus Luxembourg: France, Italy; Belgium; Netherlands; Germany) will interest me in single matches.

I try to avoid samba football.

Comment

with spains likely route to the final i think they are better value to win at shorter odds than brazil and also because of this villa really should have the golden boot wrapped up by the semis. I cant pick between spain and brazil in the final so think the best bets are villa top scorer and a spain v brazil final. it will be hard to spot the value elsewhere and i wont be touching any english games. low volume bigger % betting is the way to go with WC imo.

Comment

Anyone think slovenia and slovakia represent some value in the win world cup market then lay off ?
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                    Anyone think slovenia and slovakia represent some value in the win world cup market then lay off ?
                    Yes, Ive backed the 2 of them along with Serbia for those purposes.

Comment

Villa is 10/1 to win the golden boot!? I may have to get something on that

Wow you can get 20/1 on Higuain...That has to be a good bet, despite Argentina being a shambles
                      Last edited by Sledgejammer; 13-05-10, 20:55.
                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Van Persie to be top scorer @ 33/1 is good value imo. I reckon the Dutch are in with a serious chance of getting quite far and he's their main threat.

Comment

Argentina have a good chance of wrapping up the golden boot in the group stages.

Comment

They'll be useless imo, Maradona isn't fit to manage them and they'll be a massive flop. Thinking of having a sizable lay on them to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Esprit View Post
                              They'll be useless imo, Maradona isn't fit to manage them and they'll be a massive flop. Thinking of having a sizable lay on them to win it.
                              They are playing alright lately and you cannot write a team like them off when they meet Nigeria, Korea and Greece.

Spain have Switzerland, Honduras and and Chile.

Higuain and Villa for golden boot is tastyish.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                They are playing alright lately and you cannot write a team like them off when they meet Nigeria, Korea and Greece.

I've no doubt they'll get through their group at all, Once they get to the KO rounds that's when we'll see the poor Argentina team I've witnessed throughout the qualifying campaign. Might wait until they sail through the group and see who else is left in then lay the shit outta them.

Hollands group isn't simple but I fancy RvP to get around 3 in it, Maybe two against Japan and one elsewhere and then who knows. He's overpriced in my opinion anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Argentina are in a tough group. I'll do a post up next week on my thoughts I can tell you that South Korea are a team I think are really underestimated. Their league is by far the strongest in Asia, lot of really good defenders and midfilders, only worry they have is up front imo. They will be very hard to beat imo. The Nigerians are capable of anything on any given day, you just don't know what you are going to get from them. Greece are the wild card, they may be very weak but you just know that they will be very hard to score against.

I can't see a top scorer coming out of that group.

Spains have one weak team in their group, imo probably the second weakest team in the World Cup in Honduras but Chile and Switzerland are both very good sides. Switzerland won the group Greece were in and they have a great record in the group stages of the World Cup, Chile were very impressive in qualifying and its hard to know exactly how good they are.

I've said already that I'm certain the top scorer will come out of Group F. Italy and Paraguay will both thump New Zealand, I can't say enough about how weak New Zealand are. Slovakia are hard to judge but I don't think they are that strong defensively having conceded on average 1 goal per game in qualifying.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

it would be interesting to see what peoples opinions are on the actual odds v their thinking on the fair odds for each of their suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                      Argentina are in a tough group. I'll do a post up next week on my thoughts I can tell you that South Korea are a team I think are really underestimated. Their league is by far the strongest in Asia, lot of really good defenders and midfilders, only worry they have is up front imo. They will be very hard to beat imo. The Nigerians are capable of anything on any given day, you just don't know what you are going to get from them. Greece are the wild card, they may be very weak but you just know that they will be very hard to score against.

I can't see a top scorer coming out of that group.

Spains have one weak team in their group, imo probably the second weakest team in the World Cup in Honduras but Chile and Switzerland are both very good sides. Switzerland won the group Greece were in and they have a great record in the group stages of the World Cup, Chile were very impressive in qualifying and its hard to know exactly how good they are.

I've said already that I'm certain the top scorer will come out of Group F. Italy and Paraguay will both thump New Zealand, I can't say enough about how weak New Zealand are. Slovakia are hard to judge but I don't think they are that strong defensively having conceded on average 1 goal per game in qualifying.
                                      Chile were pretty average I thought. Switzerland came out of a group of crap. They all played terribly. Luxembourg even beat them in qualifying in Switzerland! Honduras will be muck. Spain will hop of that group comfortably.

Argentina's group has the other crap team out of the Swiss group, Greece. Not great. Nigeria and S.Korea will both be brushed aside without too much trouble.

Comment

WC points - Win=4, 2nd=3,3rd=2,4th=1

I read a book recently called "Why England Lose". There were a few interesting statistics in it. Football success is linked to population size, GDP, matches played.

I decided to get some facts from the CIA world factbook, add in the number of world cup matches played (total matches hard to get), and put in "World Cup points" - my stat giving points for 1st; 2nd; 3rd; 4th place finishes. On the right are the current FIFA rankings.

The Pearson Coefficeient gaves a positive link between current FIFA rankings and population (more is better); GDP (more is better, but slightly dodgy positive as more population, more GDP linked); World Cup games played in previous tournaments. A zero Pearson would be no link between the figures, a 1 would be total link e.g. the bigger population wins every time, a -1 would be smaller population wins every time. A 0.2 is a good positive.

Portugal have a high FIFA ranking, but low population, low WC games, low WC "points". A lay when they meet a power?
                                        I had to make some decisions making up the "stats". Do I give Serbia the "points" won by Yugoslavia? I didn't. Serbia another lay?

OK, I know the USA has a high population and are not the best, but you get the idea.

Comment

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got.
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one, they were gone.
                                          Back at base, bugs in the software
                                          Flash the message, Something's out there.
                                          Floating in the summer sky.
                                          99 red balloons go by.

Comment

Working...
                                          X