Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
    Nice 1 Tony. i watched this game and was impressed with Walden. Always liked him as a player and felt he never did himself justice over the last few years. He seems to be thriving with all the extra tourneys these days. On watching the White/Poomjaeng match, I commented that if White was going to play Walden in the quarter final, (didnt know whether he would be playing Walden or Milkens at that stage), it should be easy money by backing Walden.
    I see on bet365 that Walden is 4/7 for the match and 4/5 on the handicap (-1.5). I think he's an absolute certainty on both counts.
    Really? Was White only so impressive as a result of poomjaeng being so bad rather than White being good

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
      Really? Was White only so impressive as a result of poomjaeng being so bad rather than White being good
      Thats it in a nutshell imho. If White gives the same chances to a seasoned professional that he gave to poomjaeng, then he aint going no further. Famous last words lol.

Comment

8 players left and it's the first time in 25 years that there's not a Scotsman in the quarters. That's some consistency by them tbh and you might have got decent odds on that bet!

I don't have any outright bets left this year, and the only pre tournament bets i have left alive are 10/1 on Hawkins winning his quarter and a bet Ding for the highest break @ 10/1

Prefer to watch the games while having a little bet on them, so jumped in before your last post and have a bet on White @ 5/4 to beat Walden because i think he may be a little jaded while White is well rested. Also burning money by backing Trump not get 11 frames or more @ 3/1. Hoping that Murphy can get into the flow of things and start winning some frames in 1 visit and also pick up some of the scrappy frames. And just for some interest in frames, some small bets on White @40/1, Hawkins @40/1 and Murphy @18/1 for the highest break

Should be some good games tomorrow either way and looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          8 players left and it's the first time in 25 years that there's not a Scotsman in the quarters. That's some consistency by them tbh and you might have got decent odds on that bet!

I don't have any outright bets left this year, and the only pre tournament bets i have left alive are 10/1 on Hawkins winning his quarter and a bet Ding for the highest break @ 10/1

Prefer to watch the games while having a little bet on them, so jumped in before your last post and have a bet on White @ 5/4 to beat Walden because i think he may be a little jaded while White is well rested. Also burning money by backing Trump not get 11 frames or more @ 3/1. Hoping that Murphy can get into the flow of things and start winning some frames in 1 visit and also pick up some of the scrappy frames. And just for some interest in frames, some small bets on White @40/1, Hawkins @40/1 and Murphy @18/1 for the highest break

Should be some good games tomorrow either way and looking forward to it.
          I had a few ante post from a few months back, and Ding still running out of them. I backed Bingham at 28/1 after the 1st round. I fancied him to win that quarter, but Id rather he was playing Carter than Ronnie. Still, Ronnie will play the open game that Bingham likes, should be a cracking match. If Ronnie doesnt improve his long potting and safety, Bingham has a real chance.

Comment

Murphy @ 1/2, Trump needs to show up very quickly.

Comment

Ronnie O Sullivan on fire. Looks no stopping him in this form

Comment

Ronnie O Sullivan on fire. Looks no stopping him in this form
                He's gonna be so fresh as well having been out for the year. Can't see anyone stopping him TBH...

He's the only (well one of only a few) player that makes you want to take out your cue & just play

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  Dutching Murphy 7/2 and Stevens 10's to win second quarter. Basically trying to take on Judd as much as possible at current prices.
                  Was getting a bit worried about this the way Judd started the tourney but Murphy looks very dominant here.

Sean prob the only man left strong enough who could live with Ronnie. Memories of Ding completely breaking down in a masters final against Ronnie a few years ago, still doesn't convince me he's mentally strong enough to go toe to toe with him in a big game.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Ding is truely detestable, miserable, no manners, no heart.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                      Ding is truely detestable, miserable, no manners, no heart.
                      Yeah very suprised. Thought he'd toughened up a lot and fancied him to make the final but he's not World Champion material yet; too fragile and a little too much 'quit' and 'how's my form' in him..

Comment

Nice 1 Tony. i watched this game and was impressed with Walden. Always liked him as a player and felt he never did himself justice over the last few years. He seems to be thriving with all the extra tourneys these days. On watching the White/Poomjaeng match, I commented that if White was going to play Walden in the quarter final, (didnt know whether he would be playing Walden or Milkens at that stage), it should be easy money by backing Walden.
                        I see on bet365 that Walden is 4/7 for the match and 4/5 on the handicap (-1.5). I think he's an absolute certainty on both counts.
                        Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                        Thats it in a nutshell imho. If White gives the same chances to a seasoned professional that he gave to poomjaeng, then he aint going no further. Famous last words lol.

Played out exactly as planned . White just too loose and inexperienced to be able to do himself justice in a quarter final at the crucible.

Having said that, and much as Id like Ricky walden to win, the shoe is on the other foot now. Make no mistake, Walden gave White enough chances to win loads of frames, but he just wasnt able to hold himself together. If Walden gives them same chances to hawkins in the semi-final, it will finish up a comfortable win for Hawkins.

I wouldnt be as strong as I was on the Walden bet, but I'll definately be backing Hawkins at -1.5 and even money (1/1).

Comment

Cheers Connie, I doubled up Walden -1.5 with Judd for a nice return had more of a sweat than I care for off Judd's match.

I backed Walden at 26 on betfair a few days into the tournament along with a dead bet on Selby. So this time I'll have to root against you.
                          Gl nevertheless

Comment

O'Sullivan @ 1.6, -2.5 @ 1.90.

Comment

It's a shame they don't bother with 'Shot of the Championship' anymore. This read by Ronnie really was awesome. The next 2 pots weren't too shabby either!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

O'Sullivan @ 1.6, -2.5 @ 1.90.
                                Think trump is gonna trump

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                  Think trump is gonna trump
                                  Hopefully not, Trump gives opponents tons of chances, up to O'Sullivan to capitalise. Trump lucky to get out with 4-4 there. O'Sullivan to go into the lead after tomorrow mornings session.

Comment

Hawkins looks a nervous wreck to me!
                                    Walden not taking advantage though.

Joe Johnson on commentary on eurosport is headwrecking.

Comment

Don't think I've ever been less interested in a WC snooker semi than this Walden Hawkins match.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        Don't think I've ever been less interested in a WC snooker semi than this Walden Hawkins match.
                                        Can't say I blame you. Its been absolutely chronic

Comment

just catching up on the todays snooker play ...ronnie did an obsscene gesture apparently to the foxy michaela tabb ( i gather he was rubbing his stick to her } they probably have no rules to actually kick out a player. But if ronnie just walked off

After tiger woods ill judgement cost him the masters it would have been too sick for 2 greats of their respective sports to lose me money.

keep her lit ronnie and enjoy the home renovations

Comment

Never seen this before. Michael Holt playing on when needing about 20 snookers so Ronnie just starts potting colours. Alan Chamberlain calling a miss after the 1st wtf. He's so clued out, but this is a real dick thing to do by Holt imo

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Never seen this before. Michael Holt playing on when needing about 20 snookers so Ronnie just starts potting colours. Alan Chamberlain calling a miss after the 1st wtf. He's so clued out, but this is a real dick thing to do by Holt imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMnb45ZxErQ
                                              Judging by his twitter Holt is a complete jackass, a real dickhead.

Comment

Think Holt was only trying to get some table time as had no time on the table in the first frame as well.

Comment

Started watching a bit of Ronnie on Youtube. Might be 1 or 2 people haven't seen

SPOILER
                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTdPPiItGOQ

Ronnie has a laugh by playing two one handed shots against Mark Williams in the 1996 B&H Masters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EV1kEUm78I

Comment

Think Holt was only trying to get some table time as had no time on the table in the first frame as well.
                                                    Yeah thats exactly it, zero pressure with frame over so just a chance to get the cue arm going.
                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                      Yeah thats exactly it, zero pressure with frame over so just a chance to get the cue arm going.
                                                      By trying to roll behind colours when Ronnnie has the frame won? Ah come on. If there were 2 reds left and he was left on, then fair enough!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          ha, great stuff on the part of Ronnie!
                                                          I love the way the ref says 'Ronnie you're going to have to play properly or it will be ungentlemanly conduct'

Green ball corner pocket

Comment

Much better from these two this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                              Judging by his twitter Holt is a complete jackass, a real dickhead.
                                                              100% spot on. He's a twat...

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                Nope, he was acting the cunt so Ronnie turned it on its head and made him look the prat he is...

Comment

He might well indeed be a twat, but i still think he was trying to get a bit of table time. Look at how he potted the yellow to blue. Playing Ronnie, chances to get in could be very limited at best of times
                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Walden better get it done the bottler. backed him 4/6 with an early 2 frame lead. real qualifier cubicles standard this and im not laying off because he cant play any worse than this. can he!

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      Walden better get it done the bottler. backed him 4/6 with an early 2 frame lead. real qualifier cubicles standard this and im not laying off because he cant play any worse than this. can he!
                                                                      No, but Hawkins can play a lot better and is in the acendency now. Think Hawkins is a lock at this stage

Comment

Played out exactly as planned . White just too loose and inexperienced to be able to do himself justice in a quarter final at the crucible.

Having said that, and much as Id like Ricky walden to win, the shoe is on the other foot now. Make no mistake, Walden gave White enough chances to win loads of frames, but he just wasnt able to hold himself together. If Walden gives them same chances to hawkins in the semi-final, it will finish up a comfortable win for Hawkins.

I wouldnt be as strong as I was on the Walden bet, but I'll definately be backing Hawkins at -1.5 and even money (1/1).
                                                                        Nice call for a finish.

He must have traded at a big enough price when 12-8 down and Walden at the table with every chance to make a 60/70 break and he just went awol from there when Hawkins started potting a few.

Comment

FU Walden, FU!

I have Ronnie backed at Evs so looking for something to interest me for the match. Hawkins High Break over 106.5 @ 5/6 looks good and Ronnie to lead the 1st session @ 4/7

Ronnie is 1/8 to win the match, but you can turn that into a 17/10 shot if you take Hawkins to win the 1st frame and lose the match. Ronnie will definelty be favourite to take the first frame, but if Hawkins gets a chance you never know. Hawkins to win the frame is 5/4 but it can be juiced up to 17/10 for some better interest

What are people punting on the game?

Comment

Surely 5-4 for first frame is a terrible price, so ur laying ronnie at 4-5. I would of thought a 1/8 shot would be a lot shorter per frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                                              Surely 5-4 for first frame is a terrible price, so ur laying ronnie at 4-5. I would of thought a 1/8 shot would be a lot shorter per frame.
                                                                              Ah, i was just wondering. Ronnie is 4/7 for the first frame. Anything can happen in the first frame tho so was just throwing it out. Probably rubbish tho as you said.

Comment

Ah, i was just wondering. Ronnie is 4/7 for the first frame. Anything can happen in the first frame tho so was just throwing it out. Probably rubbish tho as you said.
                                                                                Checked oddschecker and u can get 13-8 on hawkins and some 6-4 with boyles too, anything can happen in any frame

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                                                  Checked oddschecker and u can get 13-8 on hawkins and some 6-4 with boyles too, anything can happen in any frame
                                                                                  Nothing showed up when i checked oddschecker a couple of hours ago. Just 8 markets. Good to see it's updated. 4/7 still best priced on Ronnie for 1st session and Hawkins 106.5+ still all that's looking interesting. Need Connie's input!

Comment

FU Walden, FU!

I have Ronnie backed at Evs so looking for something to interest me for the match. Hawkins High Break over 106.5 @ 5/6 looks good and Ronnie to lead the 1st session @ 4/7

Ronnie is 1/8 to win the match, but you can turn that into a 17/10 shot if you take Hawkins to win the 1st frame and lose the match. Ronnie will definelty be favourite to take the first frame, but if Hawkins gets a chance you never know. Hawkins to win the frame is 5/4 but it can be juiced up to 17/10 for some better interest

What are people punting on the game?
                                                                                    Ronnie hasn't lost the first frame of any session all tournament. I'd stay away from this . .

Comment

Hawkins looked completely away with the fairies in his winning interview, possibly will be totally overrawed and may be too far behind before he settles. I'd hate to have tickets for the last session having paid top dollar for them months ago

Comment

Davy Morris from Kilkenny is paying Ali Carter at 12.30 in the last 16 of the Wuxi classic and its 1/6 Carter 4/1 Davy.

Thats too big, Davy is better than those odds suggest, and this is his first tournament back on the pro circuit.

He is a good as anyone to come out of here imo, and a real heavy scorer.

11/10 +2.5 games is a stonker aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                          Davy Morris from Kilkenny is paying Ali Carter at 12.30 in the last 16 of the Wuxi classic and its 1/6 Carter 4/1 Davy.

Thats too big, Davy is better than those odds suggest, and this is his first tournament back on the pro circuit.

He is a good as anyone to come out of here imo, and a real heavy scorer.

11/10 +2.5 games is a stonker aswell.
                                                                                          2-2 at the mid-session interval. Was 2-0 down

Comment

3-3 free rolling the scoop now

Comment

4-4, decider

Comment

Boom!!!

Comment

The prices are a bit closer to being correct today but I don't think we have squeezed all the value out yet. 9/4 is still worth backing.

I think Carter is better than Stevens and coming off the biggest win of his life so far his confidence will be sky high. If advise taking it.

33/1 outright is a back to lay also, Robertson is the big favourite but is doing it tough at the moment against Cao, and anyway he is the other side of the draw. Higgins is a possible semi opponent but he is a shadow of himself lately and I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Perry knocked him out. If that happens your looking at a much shorter price.

He's underrated because he's Irish but trust me, he's as good as we have ever sent over

Comment

5/2 and 40/1 available, on for the craic.

Comment

2-1 up

Comment

2-2 at the break

Comment

I remember Connie posting similar about Davy Morris earlier in the year. Hopefully he reaches his potential and gives us something to cheers about again

As for the Davy Morris match versus Ml Holt, well, thats more of a personnal oppinion, but there are also some facts to back it up. Holt is a tilt monster, and if things go against him, he's guaranteed to tilt. tilt is bad in poker, but its just as bad in snooker. And in a best of 19 frame match, I'm pretty sure tilt will arrive at some stage. Holt has dropped from 24th to 44th on the 1 year ranking list (this season only), so a poor season for him. Davy Morris is a professional for 3 years now, but its only this year he's starting to find his feet. He was probably the besy young amatuer player to have ever come out of Ireland, but when he turned pro 3 years ago, he tho ught he had it made, took his foot off the pedal, and only his natural talent kept him high enough to sta in the pro ranks. This year he is 21 years old and seems to have matured a good bit. He's had some good results and if he takes his "A" game to the table today, I can see him winning this. I'm not just pumping up an Irishman with blind faith, I have a few quid invested in him for todays match, and thats because i think he'll win it. Not a max bet, but have a little for interest.
                                                                                                          I think its a good thing for the players in general (maybe not the protected top 16 though).
                                                                                                          I had a good chat with Davy Morris at the all-Ireland snooker club c/ships last weekend. For those that dont know Davy, he's a 23 year old Kilkenny man, who spent a few years on the pro tour and fell off it last year.

After falling off the pro tour, I asked him why he chose not to go to the Q-school and try and qualify for the pro-ranks again. He explained that to play a season now as a fully fledged pro means a lay-out of between €20,000 and €30,000 and without a sponsor behind you, its just too much for the pros starting out.

But he went on to explain to me how its different this year. As the top 16 players are going to have to play in tournaments from round 1, its going to mean that the prizemoney is going to be more spread out to where a player is properly rewarded for wins in the early rounds. So Davy is going back to tour-school in the hope of nabbing one of the 12 spots up for grabs there.
                                                                                                          He knocked in 4 x century breaks while playing for Kilkenny at the all-ireland club c/ships in the Glen Eagle Hotel last weekend, including the highest break of 139. A great display of form when you consider his club didnt make it through to the knock out stages, so had had way less matches to play, but still recorded 4 centuries. (no other player had more than 1 and there was only 7 x centuries in total over the weekend.)

I for one wish him luck. He is still plenty young enough to be a force in the game.

Comment

I remember Connie posting similar about Davy Morris earlier in the year. Hopefully he reaches his potential and gives us something to cheers about again
                                                                                                            Just on that part about Q school, he missed the final black for a max on his way through.

Comment

getting to the quarter final out in china in a fully fledged ranking event was a tremendous performance by young Morris. (although I did expect him to beat mathew Stevens in the quarters. He was 2-1 up and really should have won the 4th frame to go to the interval 3-1 up) and he never recovered after that and Stevens got a head of steam going after being left off the hook.

The tournament should do his confidence the world of good, and with snooker players, confidence is everything. here's hoping he'll have a great season.

Comment

getting to the quarter final out in china in a fully fledged ranking event was a tremendous performance by young Morris. (although I did expect him to beat mathew Stevens in the quarters. He was 2-1 up and really should have won the 4th frame to go to the interval 3-1 up) and he never recovered after that and Stevens got a head of steam going after being left off the hook.

The tournament should do his confidence the world of good, and with snooker players, confidence is everything. here's hoping he'll have a great season.
                                                                                                                What's his plan for the season Connie? Has he got a sponsor and is he going to try and play the lot?

Comment

Davy's a good lad. Guilty of being a little lazy in the past the word is he's got it together and this result in China is a fantastic springboard for him both cash & confidence wise.

Comment

11.5k is still a decent payday for where he is at. Hopefully it will spur him on for the rest of the season.

Comment

What's his plan for the season Connie? Has he got a sponsor and is he going to try and play the lot?
                                                                                                                      Ive had a series of meetings with davy and his dad regarding the season ahead. When he played in the All-Ireland club c/ships in killarney last February, I told him that even though I was delighted he was in Killarney playing in the amatuer event, that really, he shouldnt be here as he should be plying his trade in the professional game.

he was very apprehensive about rejoining the pro ranks, as theres a cost of somewhere between 20k and 25k to fully play the pro circuit now, specially with there being 5 or 6 ranking events in China. I promised him if he got through the tour school and back onto the pro tour, I would help in raising funds for him to play the season. Theres already stuff happening on that front (golf classic in Kilkenny on July 13th and negotiations ongoing with a couple of companies regarding logos). What Id like to do is let Davy concentrate on his snooker and not have to worry about where the expenses are coming from, and in fairness, his dad is a rock and a fantastic help to him.

There is no doubt that davy is an extremely talented snooker player, and hopefully this year, he can show that. As TM2204 says, he might have been guilty in his past attempt at the pro ranks of not giving it 100%, but I wouldnt be helping Davy if I thought his attitude was anything less than 100%. He is definately now way more mature, and I have to say, he's a very humble but confident character right now.

Yes, he will be playing the full season, although I guess he will have to sit down and make decisions on what he will and will not play. theres so much snooker on now, a player could easily burn-out before the end of the season, and thats when most of the big money is on offer, so its very important to still be relatively fresh when them tournaments come round.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, Connie. Just wondering would the lower-ranked snooker players ever sell %s of themselves for events or chunks of season like we do in poker?

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                                                          Thanks for the insight, Connie. Just wondering would the lower-ranked snooker players ever sell %s of themselves for events or chunks of season like we do in poker?
                                                                                                                          Hi ken,
                                                                                                                          I never even thought of that angle to be honest. I suppose it would be a possibility. I'll have to put a bit of thought into that and how it might work. You got me wondering now as to what kinda interest they'd be in that and as to how the whole thing would work.
                                                                                                                          Something to be thinking about though for the night!!

Anyway, if theres anyone reading this that fancies a game of golf on Saturday the 13th July, I think its great value. Its a team of 2, betterball (best score at each hole with both scores to count at the last hole), and its very well priced at €35 per player or €70 for a team of 2.
                                                                                                                          callan golf club in Kilkenny is the course we're playing. Im happy to say that we have a lot of the time-sheet filled, but theres still tee times available if someone on here wants to take part. Either post here or pm me if interested.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X