• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK OOP - optimum line please

150e buy in live game, long way off money

Blinds 400 / 800 Running ante 100

9 handed

UTG + 2 55k approx raises to 1700. Solid enough player in his limited time at table.

2 LP callers. One is playing 15k approx and will call a lot and will often call further raises once he is in a pot regardless of his holding. Second caller is tight enough and will most likely fold to a 3 bet.

HERO (SB) 27k approx looks down at AKo

I have been reasonably active and have unfortunately had to raise fold a few times in the past few rounds. I have shown some hands also but not while villain was at the table. Played a pot with vilain a few rounds previously, I raised from LP, he called from blinds, I CB'd flop, he check raised me, I called and gave up to a further barrel on turn. I accidentally showed top pair when folding and he duly showed me top pair top kicker.

Action?

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
    150e buy in live game, long way off money

Blinds 400 / 800 Running ante 100

9 handed

UTG + 2 55k approx raises to 1700. Solid enough player in his limited time at table.

2 LP callers. One is playing 15k approx and will call a lot and will often call further raises once he is in a pot regardless of his holding. Second caller is tight enough and will most likely fold to a 3 bet.

HERO (SB) 27k approx looks down at AKo

I have been reasonably active and have unfortunately had to raise fold a few times in the past few rounds. I have shown some hands also but not while villain was at the table. Played a pot with vilain a few rounds previously, I raised from LP, he called from blinds, I CB'd flop, he check raised me, I called and gave up to a further barrel on turn. I accidentally showed top pair when folding and he duly showed me top pair top kicker.

Action?
    What is 2nd callers stack size? I'd raise to about 5.2k and call it off

Comment

I can't remember, I think playing about 20k and playing tight - there may in fact have been a third caller tbh, also tight player...

My problem here is a 5.2k raise will be called by original raiser and first caller, and if I raise small enough the 3rd (or fourth) player may call too

A raise to about 7 or 8 k would prob fold out the later players but prob not the first two

Either way I play a very large pot OOP and am in a very annoying spot if I miss flop

Comment

I don't mind a jam pre.

There's over 25% of your stack size in the middle so picking it up uncontested would be nice, plus you probably fold out all small pairs. Getting looking up by AQ who thinks you're weaker than you are is also acceptable.

If raising pre, i'd make it a little bigger than 5.2k, maybe 6.6k or so.

Comment

The problem with the shove (as I see it) is that I am refining their range down to pairs only, i.e. hands that I am flipping against (and in the long run am a very slight dog against). Very occasionally they will call with AQ but prob nothing else except a pair.

What I'm wondering after the fact is should I raise big enough to get this range then push any flop regardless, i.e. make it 7 - 8 k and open push any flop regardless. Was an idea that occurred to me after the hand.

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
            The problem with the shove (as I see it) is that I am refining their range down to pairs only, i.e. hands that I am flipping against (and in the long run am a very slight dog against). Very occasionally they will call with AQ but prob nothing else except a pair.

What I'm wondering after the fact is should I raise big enough to get this range then push any flop regardless, i.e. make it 7 - 8 k and open push any flop regardless. Was an idea that occurred to me after the hand.
            Your only a flip against pairs when they call.

I prefer shipping pre then doing a stop and go.

Flatting really disguises the stregth of your hand here as well.

I think digimans raise to 5.2k call it off is fine.

Comment

Table dynamics, how you are perceived by other players, other players tendencies, and what level they are thinking at should help sway your decision towards either the oop 3-bet, or the shove.

With dead money in the middle and antes, I think shipping can't be bad. You typically only need to get through the original PFR here, and the pot will be laying you such a good price if called, you are rarely in bad shape.

Comment

Working...
              X