HOWZAT! The Cricket Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOWZAT! The Cricket Thread.

Not so relevant to have one now, but come May as Ireland whoop their way to the 20-20 title more so...

To begin, I would like to lay India in the current Test match vs South Africa, @ odds of 1/2 (better than the 4/9 available generally) for €50.

So your €100 to my €50. Test is over on Thursday as it stands.
    Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Originally posted by lee_arama View Post
    Not so relevant to have one now, but come May as Ireland whoop their way to the 20-20 title more so...

To begin, I would like to lay India in the current Test match vs South Africa, @ odds of 1/2 (better than the 4/9 available generally) for €50.

So your €100 to my €50. Test is over on Thursday as it stands.
    is it monsoon season or something?

edit; good hunch, weather forecast doesn't look great!
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mmmm was bad light which ended Day 2 rather than bad weather. It'll finish I'd say.

Comment

Mmmm was bad light which ended Day 2 rather than bad weather. It'll finish I'd say.
        forecast isn't great according to the BBC weather website, rain tomorrrow and heavy rain on Weds

you sly dog you

Comment

Well we'll see on Thursday I guess. 3-1 available on the draw if you think it'll be washed out.

Comment

Well we'll see on Thursday I guess. 3-1 available on the draw if you think it'll be washed out.
            the Indian tailenders are pretty muck so unless VVS can eke out a score, it's hard to see them getting a lead of more than 120\150 on first innings

and then it's down to The Turbanator in the second innings, could go two ways i.e. SA crumble and India win handily (regardless of weather) or else SA dig in (and they are playing seven frontline batsmen), get a bit of a lead and then weather would play a big role. I can't see both Smith and Kallis both failing twice in the match.

I won't take this one on due to the forecast conditions on days 3 & 4, that said an Indian win is the most likely outcome but 1/2 doesn't strike me as great odds.

fair play to you for the first cricket betting thread though, hopefully there'll be many more!

Comment

I should have offered odds first thing but them's the breaks. A lay @ 1.2X is far more attractive for lumpy IMO.

I'll be here with bells on come the 20-20 season.

Comment

I'll be here with bells on come the 20-20 season.
                I'm a purist, wouldn't be betting on that nonsense

Comment

Nonsense? It's an art in itself. T&T's bash to victory last year was poetry in motion... I had them pre game, and again in running at 10s. Exciting finish.

I'll put up some bets/lays on the ODIs later perhaps. Or the other Tests, if I find the time to check them out.

Comment

Kiwi Kiwi Bang Bang

Right then. The NZ vs Bangladesh Test match.

1. Will lay NZ @ 1.25: I want €200 to my €50.

2. And would like €50 @ Even money on Under 385.5 runs in the Kiwi 1st Innings (Ladbrokes prices)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      the Indian tailenders are pretty muck so unless VVS can eke out a score, it's hard to see them getting a lead of more than 120\150 on first innings
                      unless of course Laxman and Dhoni get a hundred each

dammit, I talked myself out of free monies there!

SA looking at an innings defeat here barring divine intervention

Comment

Oddly I was planning on piling in on India before the Test started but let it slip my mind.

The Kiwi's would have cost me mightily too...

I'll be backing Ireland to make it out of their group in May as well...

Comment

Ready when you are Raoul...

Decided to relist my lay of India in the cricket....

3:45 am restart scheduled so will accept quotes till then obv.

So, to recap: laying India @ 1/2 (1.50) I want €100 to my €50.

Comment

The needle's skipping...

nvm
                            Last edited by lee_arama; 17-02-10, 08:14. Reason: wicket lol

Comment

we would both have got a decent Indian sweat out that Indian match!

won it with 9 balls left

Comment

Australia look a lay to me at under 1.4 (on Betfair and betdaq) in the 1st T20 against the West Indies.

4/11 is too short a price in this version of the game for any team with people like Gayle, Gavin Tonge and Dwayne Bravo in it. Also, the Austrlian bowling like up doesn't look too hot to me and may lack the ecomony rate that Brett Lee brings to the game.

Comment

T20 World Cup starts Friday...

Comment

A few bets I got passed to me today

It's not the biggest odds in the world, but on BoyleSports you can get Dockrell to be the top Irish Bowler at 4/1, he is the second favourite after Botha, Johnston and Rankin all on 3/1,

with the slower wickets and spin can play a big part, then so can Dockrell.

Also a big price is Warner to be Top Tournament Batsman @ 15/1, he just played a strong knock in a friendly against Zimbabwe 72 from 49, and he has just come from IPL so he is warmed up and ready to go,

also other possible players for the prize at a good price is Vijay, Murali @ 20/1

and Michael Lumb at 40/1, and Chanderpaul, Shiv @ 33/1, as far as I know they open and have been strong players in the IPL,

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      A few bets I got passed to me today

It's not the biggest odds in the world, but on BoyleSports you can get Dockrell to be the top Irish Bowler at 4/1, he is the second favourite after Botha, Johnston and Rankin all on 3/1,

with the slower wickets and spin can play a big part, then so can Dockrell.

Also a big price is Warner to be Top Tournament Batsman @ 15/1, he just played a strong knock in a friendly against Zimbabwe 72 from 49, and he has just come from IPL so he is warmed up and ready to go,

also other possible players for the prize at a good price is Vijay, Murali @ 20/1

and Michael Lumb at 40/1, and Chanderpaul, Shiv @ 33/1, as far as I know they open and have been strong players in the IPL,
                                      I'd be avoiding any top tournament batsmen tbh. With only a max of 7 games for each team the winner may only score 250-275 runs in the tournament. Any number of players can have 2/3 good days and get up to this. Very hard market to pick, personally would stay away from favs in this market.

Does Barath not open with Gayle?

Comment

Working...
                                      X