No announcement yet.

World Cup Predictions Competition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I needed one more Paraguayan goal for the 4 pointer.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Oh jesus. That's my prediction out the window! Miles offside

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
        Oh jesus. That's my prediction out the window!
        1-0 NZ would be a great result for you as leader though. Far better for you that everyone gets Zero rather than you get one point and 6 or 7 people ping the correct score.

Comment

1-1 proving a very popular score.

Predicting every game to finish 1-1 so far, would have you top, on 32 points.
          eoghanlyons.com

Comment

A big ask, but for the second time today.....HOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              A big ask, but for the second time today.....HOLD!
              ffs. Thanked this post 20 seconds ago.
              Bastards.

Time for an Ivory Coast goal.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Foot off pedal now lads, 3-0 will do ya, don't embarass the opposition.

Comment

one ivory coast goal please for the 3-1

Comment

failing that, more brazil goals

Comment

2 jinxes by me in one day

Thankfully things looking a bit better FF wise. Would love a Kaka goal now

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        Foot off pedal now lads, 3-0 will do ya, don't embarass the opposition.
                        one ivory coast goal please for the 3-1
                        1 more goal each for my 2nd 4-1 prediction to come up. I'l settle for 3-0 tho and the 2 points.

Comment

ship!! hold now

Comment

Bah, hate this game. Sickening the way one goal moves you from 1st to 4th. Cmon the Fabbers hatrick.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Changed from 4-0 to 3-0 before the game. Hold please.

EDIT: LOL. OK loads more goals then please

Comment

Two more please Portugal.

Edit: One more.

And yes I was only joking, just said I'd leave it for a minute.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Actually thought i had 7-0 for this. I had it for the Spain-Honduras game!

Comment

Ok 1-0 hold now although Chile may need more goals to get through

Comment

Ok 1-0 hold now
                                        +1

Comment

Ok 1-0 hold now although Chile may need more goals to get through
                                          fs. I had 1-0 and then changed to 0-0.
                                          Stop being such a sicko.

Comment

for 1-1, how the fcuk did that blind swiss cnut not even hit the target at the end. I give fcuking up.

Comment

9 point day. Not bad at all

Comment

9 point day. Not bad at all
                                                1 Spanish goal away from a 9 point day that I kinda need!

Comment

Had 2-0 and changed to 3-0 as well as changing from 1-0 chile to 0-0, don't usually change either. Fuck this shit.

Comment

Gah, I'm well fucked in this.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      Not at all!

a couple of good swings for anyone throws it wide open I reckon.
                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Sickened that Spain didn't get the 4-0 win they at least deserved. Would have preferred to keep some distance.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                          Not at all!

a couple of good swings for anyone throws it wide open I reckon.

Half way point now.

Comment

1 more please South Africa 3-0 for the 4 points!!!!

Comment

I have changed 3 games just prior to kick off, and deprived myself of 6 points in the process.

Comment

So close to switching from 2-1 to 1-0 Uruguay. Happy enough none of my closest challengers picked that one out though.

Comment

Pretty pleased I pinged the 2-1 to SA score. Go me.

Comment

Oh yeah. Late Argie goal gives in me a 4 pointer and 2 points also from the draw.

Top of the table baby!

Comment

Ship the 9 point day.

Another couple of those and i'll be coming for ya Kev.

Comment

Ship the 9 point day.

Another couple of those and i'll be coming for ya Kev.
                                                                        You'll be too caught up in tears and broken dreams after tomorrow Danny.

Comment

Sorry Danny, but I enjoyed that

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                                            Sorry Danny, but I enjoyed that
                                                                            Couldn't let me enjoy it, b@stards.

Comment

Shit day for me. Need to bounce back tomorrow and regain my lead

Comment

Sigh ... had 2-1 S.Korea and 3-0 Argies ... so close.

Comment

I started badly but I've climbed that table a good bit. Need to take some of my form from the Premiership season into this.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                    Sigh ... had 2-1 S.Korea and 3-0 Argies ... so close.
                                                                                    Ha, exact same. Sick game.
                                                                                    eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Who's the sicko now, Rigger? FFS

Comment

Me I believe!

Comment

12 point day for rigger, well played!

Comment

Sick, predicted 2-1 and 3-1 for the matches tonight. Unfortunately 2-1 Japan and 3-1 Holland. Ugh

Comment

Stupid Swiss.

Comment

I'm presuming predictions are still for the 90 mins?

Comment

I'm presuming predictions are still for the 90 mins?
                                                                                                  I don't think we know for definite either way. Its going to take the first extratime/penalties game until we can be sure. Because its FIFA I'm inclined to think its everything counts, for example the official result of Ireland v Romania in 1990 is 5-4, not 0-0.

Adds an extra dimension to it anyway. I'm so far behind anyway that I've gone for a few 6-5s in today games anyway in the hope that penalties count.

Comment

I don't think we know for definite either way. Its going to take the first extratime/penalties game until we can be sure. Because its FIFA I'm inclined to think its everything counts, for example the official result of Ireland v Romania in 1990 is 5-4, not 0-0.

Adds an extra dimension to it anyway. I'm so far behind anyway that I've gone for a few 6-5s in today games anyway in the hope that penalties count.
                                                                                                    I always thought it was 0-0 and our first offical win at World Cup finals was against Italy in 1994

Comment

I always thought it was 0-0 and our first offical win at World Cup finals was against Italy in 1994
                                                                                                      Thats the chance you take - maybe I'm trying to reverse-level you all into not going for draws whilst I mop up 4 pointers on the 0-0s.

Comment

They have 2-1 Ghana down as the result of Saturdays 2nd game, so extra time seems to count. First time I've ever been right about anything!
                                                                                                        Hopefully soon we'll find out if penalties count in the official result as well.

Comment

They have 2-1 Ghana down as the result of Saturdays 2nd game, so extra time seems to count. First time I've ever been right about anything!
                                                                                                          Hopefully soon we'll find out if penalties count in the official result as well.
                                                                                                          That worked out well for me,4 points instead of the 0 I was expecting.

I've made up alot of ground in the last few days,prob too late but if they include goals scored in penalty shootouts there could be some big gambles going in!

Comment

So I predicted both scores perfectly yesterday if extra time counts, but I only got 6 points? Whats up with that?

Comment

So I predicted both scores perfectly yesterday if extra time counts, but I only got 6 points? Whats up with that?
                                                                                                              I guess it's 90 minutes like it ought to be.
                                                                                                              Did it make sense for 90 minutes?

Would be pretty stupid if this is the case imo.

Comment

Doesn't make sense.
                                                                                                                You got 2-1 Uruguay so 4 points yeah?
                                                                                                                But if you predicted 2-1 Ghana you should either get 4 points (120 mins )or 0 points (90 minutes). I don't see how you could ever get 2 points.

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                I guess it's 90 minutes like it ought to be.
                                                                                                                Did it make sense for 90 minutes?
                                                                                                                Need to get someone who predicted 0-0 or 1-1 to see if they got points for that game, but sounds like Danny got 4 points for 2-1.

Comment

Rigged. :-/

Comment

Ah I'm an idiot. I had 2-1 Uruguay and 3-2 Ghana. I must have changed from 2-1 ffs! So it makes sense then. Happy enough with teh 6 points I guess.

Comment

Ah I'm an idiot. I had 2-1 Uruguay and 3-2 Ghana. I must have changed from 2-1 ffs! So it makes sense then. Happy enough with teh 6 points I guess.
                                                                                                                      I thought I was 2 points ahead of you before yesterday, I got 2 points and am 6 behind now, not 4.
                                                                                                                      Ido.

Comment

I had 1-1 in the Ghana USA game and got 0 points so the ET counts alright

Comment

Need to get someone who predicted 0-0 or 1-1 to see if they got points for that game, but sounds like Danny got 4 points for 2-1.
                                                                                                                          Yeah I def got 4 points for the 2-1.

I had 3-1 to the argies today but needless to say no score for the other match!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X