World Cup Alphabet Goalscorer Sweep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Alphabet Goalscorer Sweep

I have an idea for a World Cup Sweepstake (yes another one!) but I’m hoping this one will keep quite a few players interested right up until the final whistle.

There is only 21 available slots in this sweepstake and the entry will be $50 (€41) for 1 pick, or $75 (€61) for 2 picks.

Every player in the World Cup has a surname (bar some Brazilians and such others) so the idea is to choose the initial of the Surname of who you think will be top goalscorer. E.g. if you choose “R” you get Rooney, Ronaldo etc if you choose “T” you get Torres, Tevez etc.

The draw will be done random and all 21 players (see last paragraph as to why there is only 21 picks) will be put into a virtual hat and drawn out. If you have 2 picks, your name will go into the hat twice.

The order of the names drawn out, is the order in which you get to chose the letter you want, so if the list comes out as..

Valor
    Ianmc
    Flushdraw
    Valor
    Iago

Then it begins once i post in the thread and send a PM to valor telling him he has 3 HOURS to provide me with his pick or else we move onto ianmc who will then have a choice to pick from whichever letters are left. If at any stage valor comes back and posts, his chosen letter will stand provided it hasn’t been picked.

If you feel you might not be online, you can also PM me your list of preferred letters and once the draw is done, I will chose the letter highest up your list when it’s your turn to pick.

All money will be escrowed before start of play. I will shut up shop once I get 21 picks, or 2 days before the tournie kicks off, whichever comes first.

Should everything sell, the minimum that will be in the prizepool will be $800 and the maximum is $1050 . I will pay $200 for 2nd place and the winner will get the rest of the loots in the prizepool.

I checked through the list of the Top 100 goalscorers in the betting on this thread…http://www.world-cup-guide.com/golden-boot.html and I have decided to group some letters together because nobody wants to be stuck with an “X” or a “Z”

There are 17 individual letters to chose from..

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    K
    L
    M
    N
    P
    R
    S
    T
    V

There are 4 groups of letters to choose from as every letter above has more than 1 player in the top 100.

I+J (only Iaquinta and Jovanovic appear on the list)
    O+X (only Ozil and Xavi on list)
    Y+Z (only Yakubu and Zigic on list)
    Q+U+W (no players in top 100)

It’s just an idea at the moment, so if there’s not enough interest, I won’t go with it, if there is I’ll get more details up and we’ll take it from there.

I’ll take 2 places and the missus will take 1 so that’s 3 spots gone.

Flushdraw x 2
    MrsFlushdraw x 1
    White Knight x 2
    cardshark x 2
    Aya14 x 2
    Valor x 2
    Wolves x 2
    Last edited by Flushdraw; 03-06-10, 21:29.

LoL not being enough interest

In for 2

Comment

Sigh. In for 2.

Comment

Tony I have no clue what your on about, meh I'm in for 2.
        Gamboooooooool

Comment

lol lets do it, 2

I assume because I got drafted first in the example, that means I get first pick, amirite

Comment

I'll take 2 in this also.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
              lol lets do it, 2

I assume because I got drafted first in the example, that means I get first pick, amirite
              LOL i just knew that you were the sort of degen that wouldn't say no

I think this sweepstake could be lots of fun!

Comment

13 players in...only 8 spaces left

Comment

Out of interest is Van Persie a V or a P?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
                    Out of interest is Van Persie a V or a P?
                    Definitely a V along with Van Der Vaart and others

Comment

2 please.

Comment

Flushdraw x 2
                        MrsFlushdraw x 1
                        White Knight x 2
                        cardshark x 2
                        Aya14 x 2
                        Valor x 2
                        Wolves x 2
                        vamos x 2

I can take funds on Pokerstars/FullTilt or Boylepoker for this.

There is only 21 available slots in this sweepstake and the entry will be $50 (€41) for 1 pick, or $75 (€61) for 2 picks.

FlushdrawIRE or stars, QuagmireGiggidy (euros) for Boyles and if you want to transfer on FullTilt, i'll PM you the details.

Comment

In for 2

Shipped on Stars.

Comment

Sent entry on stars.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                              In for 2

Shipped on Stars.
                              $75 received

Originally posted by Vamos View Post
                              Sent entry on stars .
                              You asked for 2 teams but i only received $50 on stars?

Ken,

Will send my boylepoker email when i get home, i can't send PMs on this proxy. Cheers

Comment

Sent on Stars

Comment

2 for me ty...ship on full tilt, jus pm me the details....tx

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    You asked for 2 teams but i only received $50 on stars?
                                    Sorry, misread op, sent another $25.

Comment

Flushdraw x 2 - $75 PAID
                                      MrsFlushdraw x 1 - $50 PAID
                                      White Knight x 2 - $75 PAID
                                      cardshark x 2
                                      Aya14 x 2 - €61 PAID
                                      Valor x 2- $75 PAID
                                      Wolves x 2
                                      vamos x 2- $75 PAID
                                      Bohsman x 2- $75 PAID
                                      Rattled77 x 2 - transfer details sent
                                      Dimoxinil x 2 - transfer details sent

2 places left.

FlushdrawIRE for stars, QuagmireGiggidy (euros) for Boyles and if you want to transfer on FullTilt, i'll PM you the details.
                                      Last edited by Flushdraw; 05-06-10, 09:57.

Comment

Shipped on boyles.

Comment

I`ll take the last 2 spots if you are stuck

PM on the way Mr Flushdraw

Comment

White Knight x 2

FlushdrawIRE for stars
                                            Just sent on stars now

Comment

Originally posted by Dimoxinil View Post
                                              I`ll take the last 2 spots if you are stuck

PM on the way Mr Flushdraw
                                              PM Sent

Comment

Just shipped on stars

Comment

Flushdraw x 2 - $75 PAID
                                                  MrsFlushdraw x 1 - $50 PAID
                                                  White Knight x 2 - $75 PAID
                                                  cardshark x 2 - $75 PAID
                                                  Aya14 x 2 - €61 PAID
                                                  Valor x 2- $75 PAID
                                                  Wolves x 2 - $75 PAID
                                                  vamos x 2- $75 PAID
                                                  Bohsman x 2- $75 PAID
                                                  Rattled77 x 2 - $75 PAID
                                                  Dimoxinil x 2 - $75 PAID

FlushdrawIRE for stars, QuagmireGiggidy (euros) for Boyles and if you want to transfer on FullTilt, i'll PM you the details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just sent a PM to Wolves. Once he pays up we'll get the ball rolling. If anyone wants to send me a PM with their choice of letters just incase they are not online and miss their 3 hour window.
                                                  Last edited by Flushdraw; 07-06-10, 02:29.

Comment

Sorry Tony, really busy at the mo, forgot about this.

Shipped on stars.

Comment

Sorry Tony, really busy at the mo, forgot about this.

Shipped on stars.
                                                      No bother, thats everyone paid up

Comment

when is the draw gonna be so I know if ill be online or not

Comment

when is the draw gonna be so I know if ill be online or not
                                                          Once some kind soul in the BBV puts the numbers 1-21 in order, i'll put the list up. The first pick will have from now til 12pm then its every 3 hours from then on.

If anyone thinks they may not be online, PM me their prefferedc choices

Comment

Ok folks,

This is the order that the players have to tell me their preferred choice of letter for the Alphabet WC Sweep. If the surname of the Top Goalscorer at the World Cup has your letter, you ship the loots. If it's a tie, whoever is involved will split 1st and 2nd prize money.

i.e if 3 players finish on 6 goals, then all the prize money will be split between these 3.

I put up this post in the BUGS section, and put a random table in white writing. It remained unedited.

I then asked the BBV to place the numbers 1-21 in a random order. Dougie just beat Lloyd to the list, so if any of you have any grievances, take it out on dougee

Aya has until 12pm to post her with his selection. Bohsman will then have 3 hours to post his selction (altho he has already PM'd me his list so i will take the highest available letter). Mrs F will then have 3 hours to post and so on....gl folks

Spare a thought for White Knight and Rattled...sick results

Comment

UL White Knight, guessing you'll be giving Q U W a spin

Comment

this is bullshit

Comment

Spare a thought for White Knight and Rattled...sick results
                                                                  [/TABLE]
                                                                  this is bullshit
                                                                  16th and 21st to join ...

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                  I am starting to tilt over World Cup Sweepstakes.

So far in the 3 I am involved in I have got the mighty:
                                                                  • Honduras
                                                                  • New Zealand
                                                                  • Korea DPR

God obviously devalues White Knight's life a little more

Comment

Last edited by bohsman; 07-06-10, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                      I forgot today was a bank holiday and there's probably lots of souls in bed or not here so it would be unfair to expect everyone to be online this early. I'm going to hold off the first pick until 9pm tonight. If he's not on by then you're first up. I sent him a PM too.

Heading out for a little bit myself now too

Comment

I forgot today was a bank holiday and there's probably lots of souls in bed or not here so it would be unfair to expect everyone to be online this early. I'm going to hold off the first pick until 9pm tonight. If he's not on by then you're first up. I sent him a PM too.

Heading out for a little bit myself now too
                                                                        Gotcha PM sent

Comment

Ok we're moving. Aya has posted his selection, bohsman has posted his and MrsF has posted hers.

Cardshark, you're up...

1 Aya14 - V
                                                                          2 Bohsman - R
                                                                          3 MrsFlushdraw - T
                                                                          4 cardshark
                                                                          5 Flushdraw
                                                                          6 Wolves
                                                                          7 cardshark
                                                                          8 Wolves
                                                                          9 Valor
                                                                          10 Bohsman
                                                                          11 Flushdraw
                                                                          12 vamos
                                                                          13 Dimoxinil
                                                                          14 Valor
                                                                          15 Rattled77
                                                                          16 White Knight
                                                                          17 Dimoxinil
                                                                          18 Aya14
                                                                          19 Rattled77
                                                                          20 vamos
                                                                          21 White Knight

A
                                                                          B
                                                                          C
                                                                          D
                                                                          E
                                                                          F
                                                                          G
                                                                          H
                                                                          K
                                                                          L
                                                                          M
                                                                          N
                                                                          P
                                                                          R - Bohsman
                                                                          S
                                                                          T - MrsFlushdraw
                                                                          V - Aya14

I+J
                                                                          O+X
                                                                          Y+Z
                                                                          Q+U+W

Comment

Just picking now, back in a sec

Comment

#39
                                                                              I'll take F

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                I'll take F
                                                                                Pffft that was gonna be mine!

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Ok we're moving. Aya has posted his selection, bohsman has posted his and MrsF has posted hers and so on...

We're up to Wolves... you're on

1 Aya14 - V
                                                                                  2 Bohsman - R
                                                                                  3 MrsFlushdraw - T
                                                                                  4 cardshark - F
                                                                                  5 Flushdraw - M
                                                                                  6 Wolves
                                                                                  7 cardshark
                                                                                  8 Wolves
                                                                                  9 Valor
                                                                                  10 Bohsman
                                                                                  11 Flushdraw
                                                                                  12 vamos
                                                                                  13 Dimoxinil
                                                                                  14 Valor
                                                                                  15 Rattled77
                                                                                  16 White Knight
                                                                                  17 Dimoxinil
                                                                                  18 Aya14
                                                                                  19 Rattled77
                                                                                  20 vamos
                                                                                  21 White Knight

A
                                                                                  B
                                                                                  C
                                                                                  D
                                                                                  E
                                                                                  F - cardshark202
                                                                                  G
                                                                                  H
                                                                                  K
                                                                                  L
                                                                                  M - Flushdraw
                                                                                  N
                                                                                  P
                                                                                  R - Bohsman
                                                                                  S
                                                                                  T - MrsFlushdraw
                                                                                  V - Aya14

I+J
                                                                                  O+X
                                                                                  Y+Z
                                                                                  Q+U+W

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Can I have 'H' please bob?

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Seems like Tony isn't about so cardshark you're up.

Will be out for the rest of tonight please go with my list I PM'ed for my next please.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Seems like Tony isn't about so cardshark you're up.

Will be out for the rest of tonight please go with my list I PM'ed for my next please.
                                                                                        Yeah sound. Nipped out there. Just work away yourselves when the next in line votes. H included for you and Cardshark is up

Comment

#45
                                                                                          ok picking now

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Give me S then. Wolves is up next.

1 Aya14 - V
                                                                                            2 Bohsman - R
                                                                                            3 MrsFlushdraw - T
                                                                                            4 cardshark - F
                                                                                            5 Flushdraw - M
                                                                                            6 Wolves - H
                                                                                            7 cardshark - S
                                                                                            8 Wolves
                                                                                            9 Valor
                                                                                            10 Bohsman
                                                                                            11 Flushdraw
                                                                                            12 vamos
                                                                                            13 Dimoxinil
                                                                                            14 Valor
                                                                                            15 Rattled77
                                                                                            16 White Knight
                                                                                            17 Dimoxinil
                                                                                            18 Aya14
                                                                                            19 Rattled77
                                                                                            20 vamos
                                                                                            21 White Knight

A
                                                                                            B
                                                                                            C
                                                                                            D
                                                                                            E
                                                                                            F - cardshark202
                                                                                            G
                                                                                            H - Wolves
                                                                                            K
                                                                                            L
                                                                                            M - Flushdraw
                                                                                            N
                                                                                            P
                                                                                            R - Bohsman
                                                                                            S - cardshark202
                                                                                            T - MrsFlushdraw
                                                                                            V - Aya14

I+J
                                                                                            O+X
                                                                                            Y+Z
                                                                                            Q+U+W

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Cheers for updated Reggie. I have Wolves and Valors picks by PM, they've chose K and A respectively. Bohsman, you're up...

1 Aya14 - V
                                                                                              2 Bohsman - R
                                                                                              3 MrsFlushdraw - T
                                                                                              4 cardshark - F
                                                                                              5 Flushdraw - M
                                                                                              6 Wolves - H
                                                                                              7 cardshark - S
                                                                                              8 Wolves - K
                                                                                              9 Valor - A
                                                                                              10 Bohsman - D
                                                                                              11 Flushdraw - G
                                                                                              12 vamos
                                                                                              13 Dimoxinil
                                                                                              14 Valor
                                                                                              15 Rattled77
                                                                                              16 White Knight
                                                                                              17 Dimoxinil
                                                                                              18 Aya14
                                                                                              19 Rattled77
                                                                                              20 vamos
                                                                                              21 White Knight

A - Valor
                                                                                              B
                                                                                              C
                                                                                              D - Bohsman
                                                                                              E
                                                                                              F - cardshark202
                                                                                              G - Flushdraw
                                                                                              H - Wolves
                                                                                              K - Wolves
                                                                                              L
                                                                                              M - Flushdraw
                                                                                              N
                                                                                              P
                                                                                              R - Bohsman
                                                                                              S - cardshark202
                                                                                              T - MrsFlushdraw
                                                                                              V - Aya14

I+J
                                                                                              O+X
                                                                                              Y+Z
                                                                                              Q+U+W
                                                                                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 07-06-10, 20:22.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                D

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  I take G

Vamos, you're up.

PMs sent to the next 3 on the list

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    C please

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Valor, Rattled and White Knight, you're all up next

1 Aya14 - V
                                                                                                      2 Bohsman - R
                                                                                                      3 MrsFlushdraw - T
                                                                                                      4 cardshark - F
                                                                                                      5 Flushdraw - M
                                                                                                      6 Wolves - H
                                                                                                      7 cardshark - S
                                                                                                      8 Wolves - K
                                                                                                      9 Valor - A
                                                                                                      10 Bohsman - D
                                                                                                      11 Flushdraw - G
                                                                                                      12 vamos - C
                                                                                                      13 Dimoxinil - P
                                                                                                      14 Valor
                                                                                                      15 Rattled77
                                                                                                      16 White Knight
                                                                                                      17 Dimoxinil
                                                                                                      18 Aya14
                                                                                                      19 Rattled77
                                                                                                      20 vamos
                                                                                                      21 White Knight

A - Valor
                                                                                                      B
                                                                                                      C - vamos
                                                                                                      D - Bohsman
                                                                                                      E
                                                                                                      F - cardshark202
                                                                                                      G - Flushdraw
                                                                                                      H - Wolves
                                                                                                      K - Wolves
                                                                                                      L
                                                                                                      M - Flushdraw
                                                                                                      N
                                                                                                      P - Dimoxinil
                                                                                                      R - Bohsman
                                                                                                      S - cardshark202
                                                                                                      T - MrsFlushdraw
                                                                                                      V - Aya14

I+J
                                                                                                      O+X
                                                                                                      Y+Z
                                                                                                      Q+U+W

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        N

cant believe I got to pick N at 14 actually,
                                                                                                        Last edited by Valor; 07-06-10, 21:59.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Fucking L

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Rattled77 View Post
                                                                                                            Fucking L
                                                                                                            I wanted L ... meh ... couple mins so ...

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              B

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                OK we're into the leftovers....In order of picks left, we have

18 Aya14
                                                                                                                19 Rattled77
                                                                                                                20 vamos
                                                                                                                21 White Knight

to choose...

I+J
                                                                                                                O+X
                                                                                                                Y+Z
                                                                                                                Q+U+W

Get your Pannini sticker albums out lads!

1 Aya14 - V
                                                                                                                2 Bohsman - R
                                                                                                                3 MrsFlushdraw - T
                                                                                                                4 cardshark - F
                                                                                                                5 Flushdraw - M
                                                                                                                6 Wolves - H
                                                                                                                7 cardshark - S
                                                                                                                8 Wolves - K
                                                                                                                9 Valor - A
                                                                                                                10 Bohsman - D
                                                                                                                11 Flushdraw - G
                                                                                                                12 vamos - C
                                                                                                                13 Dimoxinil - P
                                                                                                                14 Valor - N
                                                                                                                15 Rattled77 - L
                                                                                                                16 White Knight - B
                                                                                                                17 Dimoxinil - E
                                                                                                                18 Aya14
                                                                                                                19 Rattled77
                                                                                                                20 vamos
                                                                                                                21 White Knight

A - Valor
                                                                                                                B - White Knight
                                                                                                                C - vamos
                                                                                                                D - Bohsman
                                                                                                                E - Dimoxinil
                                                                                                                F - cardshark202
                                                                                                                G - Flushdraw
                                                                                                                H - Wolves
                                                                                                                K - Wolves
                                                                                                                L - Rattled77
                                                                                                                M - Flushdraw
                                                                                                                N - Valor
                                                                                                                P - Dimoxinil
                                                                                                                R - Bohsman
                                                                                                                S - cardshark202
                                                                                                                T - MrsFlushdraw
                                                                                                                V - Aya14

I+J
                                                                                                                O+X
                                                                                                                Y+Z
                                                                                                                Q+U+W

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  i obv have to wait for aya14 to pick 1st rite?

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Rattled77 View Post
                                                                                                                    i obv have to wait for aya14 to pick 1st rite?
                                                                                                                    Yep. If you want, you can PM me the 4 selections in order of preference and i'll put you in for whichever of your highest selection is left

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      I'll take I+J I suppose

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Vamos and WK left to choose between Y/Z and Q/U/W. I'll take a chance that vamos will go for the Y/Z, if you fancy the other one let me know and i'll change it.

Good luck everyone

1 Aya14 - V
                                                                                                                        2 Bohsman - R
                                                                                                                        3 MrsFlushdraw - T
                                                                                                                        4 cardshark - F
                                                                                                                        5 Flushdraw - M
                                                                                                                        6 Wolves - H
                                                                                                                        7 cardshark - S
                                                                                                                        8 Wolves - K
                                                                                                                        9 Valor - A
                                                                                                                        10 Bohsman - D
                                                                                                                        11 Flushdraw - G
                                                                                                                        12 vamos - C
                                                                                                                        13 Dimoxinil - P
                                                                                                                        14 Valor - N
                                                                                                                        15 Rattled77 - L
                                                                                                                        16 White Knight - B
                                                                                                                        17 Dimoxinil - E
                                                                                                                        18 Aya14 - I+J
                                                                                                                        19 Rattled77 - O+X
                                                                                                                        20 vamos - Y+Z
                                                                                                                        21 White Knight - Q+U+W

A - Valor
                                                                                                                        B - White Knight
                                                                                                                        C - vamos
                                                                                                                        D - Bohsman
                                                                                                                        E - Dimoxinil
                                                                                                                        F - cardshark202
                                                                                                                        G - Flushdraw
                                                                                                                        H - Wolves
                                                                                                                        K - Wolves
                                                                                                                        L - Rattled77
                                                                                                                        M - Flushdraw
                                                                                                                        N - Valor
                                                                                                                        P - Dimoxinil
                                                                                                                        R - Bohsman
                                                                                                                        S - cardshark202
                                                                                                                        T - MrsFlushdraw
                                                                                                                        V - Aya14

I+J - Aya14
                                                                                                                        O+X - O+X
                                                                                                                        Y+Z - vamos
                                                                                                                        Q+U+W - White Knight

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X