Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basketball thread

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    Bball is where its at tonight imo. Lakers play the horrendous Pacers and Cavs play the even worse Timberwolves.

I suggest taking both the Lakers -6 and Cavs -13.5. Games start in 12 minutes though so not much time.
    I thought I'd start up one of these. I follow the game pretty closely, and I would have a few bets a week.

The two selections above won and they are the only two I've given on this forum.

Tonight there is a big opportunity to make money. The Toronto Raptors are big favourites to win tonight. However they are definitely missing three starters and important ones at that, especially Turkoglu. There is also a game time decision to be made regarding Jack who is crucial to them with the others missing all three.
    The New Jersey Nets are healthy and have been playing decently without winning very often of late. I think they could do it tonight against a very weakened Raptors but to be on the safe side, I recommend
    New Jersey Nets +10.5 @ 10/11, thats easy money imo.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Turkoglu wasn't with them last year was he? I seem to recall watching him in some game and not convinced it was the Raptors.

I'm on the Wizards tonight (in house bet with PistolPeter). Thought they'd be stronger this season than they have been, especially after a great game against the Cavs in pre-season.
    Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

Turkoglu was with the Magic last year, he went to the Raptors as part of a trade for Vince Carter.
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

On Washington, I hope you are getting a price, they are underdogs. The loss of Arenas for the season has put paid to any chances making the playoffs.

Comment

On Washington, I hope you are getting a price, they are underdogs. The loss of Arenas for the season has put paid to any chances making the playoffs.
          3.00, which was an ok price. They're drifting now, but I'm still happy with 2-1 odds. One can never underestimate the Knicks having a terrible game.

Comment

nice bet with NJN
            GAA News Website

Comment

anyone want to take Lakers -10.5 in their game tonight?

Im looking to get on Charlotte + 10.5. evens bet as much as 500$ if anyone wants a bit of it?

Also want to back the overs in this game, Overs of : 193.5 for as much as 500$ also
              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                anyone want to take Lakers -10.5 in their game tonight?

Im looking to get on Charlotte + 10.5. evens bet as much as 500$ if anyone wants a bit of it?
                I'll take $300 of this if you want. Just quote to book. Just to clarify, you want the Bobcats.
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                  I'll take $300 of this if you want. Just quote to book. Just to clarify, you want the Bobcats.
                  Yes, im on Bobcats. Cool so booked im on +10.5, 300$ evens

Can arrange transfer through pm. Gl
                  GAA News Website

Comment

I layed the Lakers in this one, Bobcats are usually fast out of the blocks. Hoping to make a few quid by backing the Lakers at halftime.

Comment

who you going to back with?
                      GAA News Website

Comment

who you going to back with?
                        Betfair, already done.

Comment

Watched the first half of Lakers/Bobcats, Lakers lead by 1 at halftime but, Kobe didn't play much in the first half and only scored 3 points, then with about 30 secs left in the half he limped off and went straight to the locker room. I think he will be back out in the second half but he mightn't be anywhere near his usual self and this gives the Bobcats a real chance to pull off the win.

I'm not recommending any huge bets or anything, but the Lakers are currently trading at 1.2, so the lay might be worth a little interest. Lakers are still a very good team without Kobe but it will be close if he doesn't have much of an impact in the second half.

Comment

1. Good point re: the Lakers game, very close at the end.

2. Wizards have the class to make a deep run next season; led by 9 at one point in the 3rd before they keeled over and died.

3. Pete - that went into your FTP account earlier, though not from mine (was behind a firewall for much of today).

4. I shall be seeking action on the NBA later today. I want Cleveland -9.5, but will make it an even money ask for -10.5 points instead.

So. I want Cleveland -10.5, even money bet, up to €50. Someone want to take the action?

Comment

Originally posted by lee_arama View Post

So. I want Cleveland -10.5, even money bet, up to €50. Someone want to take the action?
                              i'll lay u the cavs -10.5 for €50 i can ship on boyles or full tilt

Comment

Boyles will suit best. Booked so.

Comment

Boyles will suit best. Booked so.
                                  ok gl

Comment

Will get tonights ask in nice and early since I'll be travelling this evening;

I want Atlanta Hawks -7.5 points @ 10/11. I'll risk up to 110 if someone wants to put in their 100?

Comment

Spooooooof.......... I hope you took Rain or Shine when I mentioned them to you last night.... A million in front and trading sub 1,20 on Betfair.

Comment

Any takers on my ask?

I guess the first one to want can consider it booked so; so long as the layer gets in before 1am sharp.

Not enjoying the most stable of internet connections up here on the Shannon.
                                        Last edited by lee_arama; 05-02-10, 22:07.

Comment

Saturday night NBA

I want the Golden City Warriors + 4 @ 10/11 (Boyles prices) for €55 (to win €50 from whomever wishes to clash swords).

Comment

I want the Golden City Warriors + 4 @ 10/11 (Boyles prices) for €55 (to win €50 from whomever wishes to clash swords).
                                            Booked - can we just make the bet in $$ though

say 70 to win 77?

will pm tomorrow or tonight after result

Also looking for Chicago +1.5 myself. up to 500$ if anyone wants to lay me some just quote to book
                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Booked - can we just make the bet in $$ though

say 70 to win 77?

will pm tomorrow or tonight after result
                                              70 plays 77 is perfectly fine. Will catch you online at some point tomorrow...

Comment

PBA playoffs

The PBA games in the morning are both Game 5, winner takes all affairs.

Both priced roughly 50-50 but form is surely with both Rain or Shine, and Ginebra, who came from behind in their series to tie at 2-2.

Rain or Shine had in fact stood to win both the games they had lost before defensive collapses allowed Purefoods back in.

Ginebra, along with San Miguel, are always there, or there abouts, and certainly know how to win.

Ladbrokes and Paddy both carry the events, and I would suggest both teams mentioned should progress.

8:00 and 10:30 the two games.

Comment

Orlando vs Boston is starting in a wee bit there.

Handicap is +/- 2.5 @ 10/11 generally....

I'd like Boston -3.5 points @ Even money for €50 if anyone out there is interested? technically starting in the next few minutes but probably not tipping-off for 10.

Comment

Since there were no takers I'll reevaluate at HT and relist a request then... Anyone following the game at all?

Comment

NVM
                                                      Last edited by lee_arama; 07-02-10, 21:20. Reason: Time sensitive...

Comment

want to back Golden State +6.5 at 10/11
                                                        or +5.5 at 11/10

just quote if anyone wants to oppose (take dallas)

No probs if not. Up to 500$
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Ok, I haven't started a points bank here. I'm 3 for 3 on pre-game picks.

Tonight I'm backing the under in the Hornets @ Magic game. Chris Paul is out as anybody that follows the game knows. The Magic are a good team but inconsistent so I don't like backing them or backing against them in the handicap markets.

The under 194.5 on Betfair looks like an outstanding bet. In their last ten meetings the score has only once been over 190 and in 5 of those games its been under 180.

The Magic have a very good D, but their Offense splutters a lot. I'm on this one big time tonight.
                                                          I'll start a 100 bank now.

Recommendation 8 points under 194.5 @ 10/11 most places.

Comment

want to back Golden State +6.5 at 10/11
                                                            or +5.5 at 11/10

just quote if anyone wants to oppose (take dallas)

No probs if not. Up to 500$
                                                            Will oppose GSW +6.5 for $50

Well done on Colchester. Will PM you tomorrow.
                                                            Last edited by lee_arama; 09-02-10, 00:42.

Comment

my 55 to your 50? ok cool
                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Well that went very badly wrong for me tonight.

Comment

Wizards/Bobcats

Right so. Last one for me before the weekend; need to gather in what's owed, and ship out what's owing.

1. I'd like to lay Charlotte Bobcats @ 1.30, risking my €30 to your €100.

2. Also in the same game I want to back Over 188.5 points @ 10/11 for €44 (€40 risked from the layer)

If you're only taking a percentage of the above figures just post in reply in case someone else after wants to hoover it up.

Comment

Right so. Last one for me before the weekend; need to gather in what's owed, and ship out what's owing.

1. I'd like to lay Charlotte Bobcats @ 1.30, risking my €30 to your €100.

2. Also in the same game I want to back Over 188.5 points @ 10/11 for €44 (€40 risked from the layer)

If you're only taking a percentage of the above figures just post in reply in case someone else after wants to hoover it up.
                                                                    I may take both bets Lee, but i wont be online again till tomorrow evening to ship potential monies, does that suit

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                      I may take both bets Lee, but i wont be online again till tomorrow evening to ship potential monies, does that suit
                                                                      That's fine HF; I do believe I'll be in transit much of tomorrow myself; parent/teacher meeting in the morning and other sundry 'responsible' activities.

Comment

That's fine HF; I do believe I'll be in transit much of tomorrow myself; parent/teacher meeting in the morning and other sundry 'responsible' activities.
                                                                        Ok book both bets

Comment

Want to back under the points total in the Ohio Bobcats game in the college bball. points total is 140.5

even money bet, min of 50$ up to 500$

Just quote to match, amount in $$
                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Want to back under the points total in the Ohio Bobcats game in the college bball. points total is 140.5

even money bet, min of 50$ up to 500$

Just quote to match, amount in $$
                                                                            PM'd there/ $165 booked.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Ok looking to get more on that bet still - will book up to 500$$on it still, just quote to book. off at 12 tonight
                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

#40
                                                                                Bank 92.

Tonight
                                                                                8 points Cleveland Cavaliers -16.5 @ 2.06
                                                                                4 points Sacramento Kings +5.5 @ 1.96

2 point double also.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Ok looking to get more on that bet still - will book up to 500$$on it still, just quote to book. off at 12 tonight

All a y'all could have won a tidy sum here (maybe). The points line went out to 142.5 at around 11:40 or so... Would have had a 2 point margin of error to work with.

Anyway. Midnight has come and gone, and the game is about to tip-off.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    College game finished Overs (155+ points)

Wizards lost by 2, having led late in the 4th, and Unders is in... so...

Would Mr Finkel PM me Boyle details for transferring?

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I want €50 on Over 192.0 points in the Boston Celtic - Hornets NBA game later tonight.

Even money I guess since we're not bookies and don't need to be squeezing juice on the odds.

(will be back in Cork by lunch so proper broadband again, and more importantly full access to my bookies)

1am start too. So post and consider it booked.

Adding that I want €50 on Over 187.5 in the Jersey Nets game too. evens

1. Over 192.0 Boston Celtics game @ Evens for €50 Post by 1am to book

2. Over 187.5 New Jersey Nets game @ Evens for €50 Post by 12:25am to book

Will be shipping funds to those owed after lunch 2moro when I finally get back to Corcaigh.
                                                                                      Last edited by lee_arama; 10-02-10, 23:20.

Comment

#44

1. Over 192.0 Boston Celtics game @ Evens for €50 Post by 1am to book

2. Over 187.5 New Jersey Nets game @ Evens for €50 Post by 12:25am to book

Will be shipping funds to those owed after lunch 2moro when I finally get back to Corcaigh.
                                                                                        Book both Lee

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Book both Lee
                                                                                          Very good HF. So to verify, I'm on Overs, and you want a college team showing with nothing going in... (saw a Nuggets game once where they didn't score for like 10 minutes! Wrecked my evening).

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Very good HF. So to verify, I'm on Overs, and you want a college team showing with nothing going in... (saw a Nuggets game once where they didn't score for like 10 minutes! Wrecked my evening).
                                                                                            Yep i'm on unders, the lines are usually pretty close I find so it's not too far off a flip

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Yep i'm on unders, the lines are usually pretty close I find so it's not too far off a flip
                                                                                              Hoping for maybe some 100 point first quarters, just to take the pressure off

Actually, no reason to not have a 55-60 point opener from Boston...

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I don't like that bet on Boston/New Orleans game Lee.

My bets tonight with the bank getting low at 85.5

I've backed the Kings straight to beat Detroit.

And a straight double on Boston and Orlando.

5 points Kings @ 2.76
                                                                                                5 point double Boston and Orlando @ 2.21

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  I'm tempted to back the Clippers tonight, they are available at evens -1.5, I really think thats a good bet but have to do some research on the Warriors and see if they have some players back.

And after a bit of research both Ellis and Maggette are doubtful for tonight. I fancied the Clippers anyways even with both of them but I'll take the price now on Betfair before any lineups are announced as it will dive bigtime if both of them are out.

10 points Clippers -1.5 @ 2.06.
                                                                                                  Last edited by eagle eye; 11-02-10, 00:57.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    So I check the results and the Clippers get scorched, log onto Betfair and see my balance is up, I check my statement and I backed the Warriors +1.5 instead of Clippers -1.5.
                                                                                                    I feel blessed right now because I had a pretty serious bet on, I'd be pretty sick if I had got the result right.
                                                                                                    I was looking at the stats from the game, I mean I just cannot believe what went on in that game. Warriors scored 130 with over 60% shooting. They had only 8 players active, three of them are D league players. They had 3 guards and 2 centers on the floor for most of the night, Stephen Curry and Anthony Tolliver had career high scores in the game.

Clippers averaged 44% from the field, you usually win games with that.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      So I check the results and the Clippers get scorched, log onto Betfair and see my balance is up, I check my statement and I backed the Warriors +1.5 instead of Clippers -1.5.
                                                                                                      I feel blessed right now because I had a pretty serious bet on, I'd be pretty sick if I had got the result right.
                                                                                                      I was looking at the stats from the game, I mean I just cannot believe what went on in that game. Warriors scored 130 with over 60% shooting. They had only 8 players active, three of them are D league players. They had 3 guards and 2 centers on the floor for most of the night, Stephen Curry and Anthony Tolliver had career high scores in the game.

Clippers averaged 44% from the field, you usually win games with that.
                                                                                                      lolers - mbn
                                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        I want the Denver Nuggets - 5.5 @ Even money there. Who'll lay me (oo'er!)?

I will expose myself here for up to €70. 3:30am start.

Book to quote.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          I want the Denver Nuggets - 5.5 @ Even money there. Who'll lay me (oo'er!)?

I will expose myself here for up to €70. 3:30am start.

Book to quote.
                                                                                                          Semibluff booked in at -6.5 (bad guys at +6.5)

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Right: Midnight game. NCAAB

Michigan vs Minnesota (eh?)

I want over 128 points @ Even money

€100 please. Boyles preferrable since I'll be in shop 2moro and have internet access near there. ANyone wanting dollars will be waiting til tomorrow night I would think. QUote to book etc. ANd this time I'm permanently online...

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Going for the under double tonight in the two nba games. Bank at a mighty 98.5 after a lucky escape by placing the wrong bet.

5 point double @ 4.03

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                NVM.
                                                                                                                Last edited by lee_arama; 12-02-10, 00:19.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Going for the under double tonight in the two nba games. Bank at a mighty 98.5 after a lucky escape by placing the wrong bet.

5 point double @ 4.03
                                                                                                                  Totally agree with the Cavs game anyway. The Nuggets game could be anywhere from 185 points to 225... But for the sake of a whirl I'll have a pop off this myself.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    PBA semi finals

This is an odd one maybe... 9:00 AM tip-off....

I would like Over 181.5 points in the San Miguel vs Purefoods semi final Game 2 2moro morning... @ even money.

I'd usually hit Laddies since they're just down the road but this game will be started 40 minutes at least b4 they open their doors.

Anyhoo: Over 181.5 points, Even money, and up to €100

Just quote to book.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by lee_arama; 12-02-10, 02:29. Reason: Adding tip-off time...

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      This is an odd one maybe... 9:00 AM tip-off....

I would like Over 181.5 points in the San Miguel vs Purefoods semi final Game 2 2moro morning... @ even money.

I'd usually hit Laddies since they're just down the road but this game will be started 40 minutes at least b4 they open their doors.

Anyhoo: Over 181.5 points, Even money, and up to €100

Just quote to book.
                                                                                                                      Takers? Anyone?.....

....and booked with Mr Finkel..
                                                                                                                      Last edited by lee_arama; 12-02-10, 07:40.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Takers? Anyone?.....

....and booked with Mr Finkel..
                                                                                                                        Yes Booked for the €100

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X