No announcement yet.

Golf Betting Thread 2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Wells Fargo I am going with someone I fancied but didn't back for last week. Daniel Berger. Should be suited by this demanding track and is at home on Bermuda Greens. Finished 28th in this last year on his first attempt. Generally the course suits the longer hitters. Berger was 10th in the masters and 20th last week but may have been rusty after a few weeks off. 55/1 with PP is a good 15 points overpriced IMO and with 7 places a great ew bet. Stronger field than last week but he has the game to compete with the best.

Small interest in Ollie Schneiderjans as his game is in good shape and should suit the course although price isn't amazing at 150/1. Also Jonathan Byrd who has good form around here has showed some form on the web.com and thought the 300/1 with B365 was big or 250/1 with PP for 7 places.

Added Mike Lorenzo Vera in Morocco at 80/1. Looks way overpriced considering his form and the type of track should suit this week. He led going into the final round in Valderama and ended up 6th. Has a few decent results at similar tracks
    Last edited by elbows; 03-05-16, 13:25.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Going for a small interest in JB Holmes and Jamie Lovemark(and FRL).

Comment

Justin Thomas as per sporting life @50/1.

Followed elbows on most too.

Gl gl.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
          Justin Thomas as per sporting life @50/1.

Followed elbows on most too.

Gl gl.
          Very indifferent form. More than likely miss the cut imo.

Comment

Gary Hurley another Waterford lad is tied for the lead in Morocco. Only early days but still 150/1 with B365. Worth a nibble with 5 places still.
            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Chappell banging down the door all year. Seems to like it around here. It's gonna open eventually.

My only bet. EW

Comment

Haven't done much betting since masters.

Followed with Berger and Chapell and added Lowry and Lovemark.
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                  Bit unlucky with Stallings and had a decent shout at T7 if it went 72 holes. Ah well.

Early tip for European Tour. Kevin Phelan this week in Morocco. Seamus Power won on the web.com last week and think as a fellow Waterford man might give him a gee up. Was 3rd in it last year although at a different course. 160/1 with. B365. Form is not great but this is a very weak field. Probably only 1 pick in PGA tour as main fancy will be too short. We shall see though.

Messaged a guy I know who lives with Kevin Phelan and said he is playing well.
                  Checked and he was 3 under, got a bit excite, checked again and he'd dropped 3 shots on one hole, gonna stop checking!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                    Checked and he was 3 under, got a bit excite, checked again and he'd dropped 3 shots on one hole, gonna stop checking!
                    Finished -1 which is fine with -4 leading. Triple bogey wasn't good but at least he didn't fall to pieces.

Actually just revised upwards to -2 so happy days

Vera finished -3 too
                    Last edited by elbows; 05-05-16, 17:32.

Comment

B Haas, R Goosen and P Kazzire e/w

Comment

Have you anything on Loupe Elbows ? I remember you tipping him a few weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                          Have you anything on Loupe Elbows ? I remember you tipping him a few weeks back.
                          Unfortunately not but Don't think his swing will hold up around here.

Comment

Rory still second favourite. I'm surprised the people who backed him the second he went +4 haven't come out yet. They'll prob see how he goes today first.

Kaymer playing well. He was 3 figures this week. He placed in Valderamma 2 weeks ago. Awful field but placing around there means he's hitting it straight at least. The rest might come soon. He was 80s two years ago when he won the players(Next week). A similar price and he could be a bet. Hopefully he just simmers this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                              Rory still second favourite. I'm surprised the people who backed him the second he went +4 haven't come out yet. They'll prob see how he goes today first.

Kaymer playing well. He was 3 figures this week. He placed in Valderamma 2 weeks ago. Awful field but placing around there means he's hitting it straight at least. The rest might come soon. He was 80s two years ago when he won the players(Next week). A similar price and he could be a bet. Hopefully he just simmers this week.
                              Kaymer is interesting alright. Hitting it well and should suit as it gets firmer over the next few days. Would worry about his putting.

Comment

Kaymer is interesting alright. Hitting it well and should suit as it gets firmer over the next few days. Would worry about his putting.
                                Oh absolutely. Could worry about a lot. He's became a streaky player rather than a consistent top 10 in the world type over the last few years.

Not backing him @ 40/1 for the US a month after he won the Players still haunts me. Staring me straight in the face and as comfortable a weekend as you could ever hope for.

Maybe 60s or better next week is getting backed. We'll probably be lucky to get it.

I'm really liking Horschel for next week along with Hideki and Sergio.

Comment

Oh absolutely. Could worry about a lot. He's became a streaky player rather than a consistent top 10 in the world type over the last few years.

Not backing him @ 40/1 for the US a month after he won the Players still haunts me. Staring me straight in the face and as comfortable a weekend as you could ever hope for.

Maybe 60s or better next week is getting backed. We'll probably be lucky to get it.

I'm really liking Horschel for next week along with Hideki and Sergio.
                                  All over Kirk next week. Hopefully he is not too short

Comment

SPOILER

Was hopping he'd sizzle this week, was well up on leaderboard here two years ago going into final day. I haven't really been bothered since Masters and plan was to bet him this week and next, hitting it well all year really most of the time, but giving up soft bogey and cold putter ( missed 10ft birdie putts on 11/13/14 and bogey/bogey finish yesterday). That's really what he's done done all his career though. Historically he plays his best golf in June apart from abu dhabi. I think he'll pop up soon ok.

Comment

Thought you might pop up with talk of him.
                                      Certainly didn't disappoint!

Comment

Thought you might pop up with talk of him.
                                        Certainly didn't disappoint!
                                        My man love for him is very predictable alright, I often question my bias towards him. Then I just look at the large print/canvas on my living room wall of him teeing off on the 18th at Pinehurst. If he never wins again, owes me nothing.

Had a small poke there on Senden 50/1 EW.

Comment

Disappointing week with Berger right in the mix before dumping it in the water on the par 5 7th and taking double on Saturday when -6. Rest were shite.

Players Championship. We all know the course and this has has thrown up a mix of the good the bad and the ugly in terms of winners over the years.

My main fancy is Chris Kirk. 100/1 with Coral, 90/1 B365 6 places. Has finished T13 in this last 2 years and was well in it with a round to go last year but finished poorly. Off the back of a T5 in New Orleans. Actually led going into the final round last year.

2nd pick is Soren Kjeldsen. 4th in Valdermama and 7th at the masters. He is in the form of his life and his accuracy should help hugely around here and looking at the weather it will be firm and fast. No course form but he showed at Augusta around a track that shouldn't suit he can do well. 200/1 or 175/1 with 6 places

3rd is Franceso Molinari who finished 6th in this 2 years ago. Played well last week and could be on the way back. Again firm conditions will help. 175/1 6 places

4th and this is a loooooooooongshot is Matt Every 1000/1 with Corals 750/1 with skybet 6 places. He has no form but neither did Hahn last week or Stuard the week before. Every has won twice in Florida, went to Uni in Florida. Has T10's around plenty of similar type tracks that require accuracy over power. He has a t30 around Sawgrass. For a guy who has won out of the blue in the past I think the odds are a bit exaggerated. He could shoot 80 80 so be it but worth a euro ew.

Also like Molinari FRL but wait for the draw. He is out early and looks like a significant enough wind difference v's afternoon starters. 100/1 7 places with PP.
                                          Last edited by elbows; 09-05-16, 21:24.

Comment

First horse I'll be backing is Kevin Na. He's fond of this course

2015 = T7
                                            2014 = T38
                                            2013 = didn't play
                                            2012 = T7
                                            2011 = MC
                                            2010 = MC
                                            2009 = T3

In his last tournie he finished T4 AT RBC Heritage which is designed by the same guy who has done this course, although not sure how much that actually counts. The only downside is that he's an afternoon tee-off on Thursday, 12:30pm. 100/1 on Betfair.

Comment

Hideki, Sergio, Billy H and Kaymer all backed e/w

Gl fellas.

Comment

FOWLER this all.

As fr NA. I'd hate to see his record if he didn't like the course lol.

Comment

Added Ricky Barnes FRL

Comment

Speith 10/1 All in.

Kirk, Knox and Na also for now.

Comment

Speith 10/1 All in.

Followed in on Knox

Comment

Main Bet Branden Grace 40/1 ew

Søren Kjeldsen 150/1 ew
                                                        Fabian Gomez and Retief Goosen 200/1 ew GL

Comment

Powers special 5/2 Rory Rickie Speith and Day.

Comment

Hideki, Sergio, Billy H and Kaymer all backed e/w

Gl fellas.
                                                            Same if replace Grace for Billy, and just W on Herr K. Nothing strong, GL all.

Comment

Not a long hitters course and a player that's been coming into form of late, Luke Donald @ 100/1 surly has to be worth a punt, also think Phil is to big a price @ 35/1, going to back Justin Rose aswell.

Comment

Racing Post Selections-Steve Palmer- Players 1.5ew Horschel (66) 1.5ew Z Johnson (66) 1ew Knox (100) 1ew Lingmerth (125) 0.5ew Henley (150)

Comment

The selections i backed in the Mauritius Open are Goya and Horne.
                                                                  In the Players Championship Koepka and Haas.

Comment

Speith 10/1 All in.

Added Kjeldsen, Streb and Kelly for small Ew pokes.

Frl - Speith, DJ, Molinari, Na and Knox.

Comment

Phil @45/1, Rose @ 28/1 and Donald @100/1

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                        The selections i backed in the Mauritius Open are Goya and Horne.
                                                                        In the Players Championship Koepka and Haas.
                                                                        I backed Goya, Otto and Fox in Mauritius

Comment

Putting not as important at Sawgrass it seems. Going with guys high up in tee to green rankings.
                                                                          Rose 25/1
                                                                          Stenson 33/1
                                                                          Matsy 28/1
                                                                          Scott 28/1

outside darts
                                                                          Na
                                                                          McGirt
                                                                          Lingmerth
                                                                          Horschel
                                                                          Grillo

GL

Comment

Final FRL poke Chesson Hadley. 150/1 PP 7 places

Comment

FRL in the players with Molanari & Lingmerth
                                                                              Mug double on Scott & Colsaerts

Comment

Also like Molinari FRL but wait for the draw. He is out early and looks like a significant enough wind difference v's afternoon starters. 100/1 7 places with PP.
                                                                                Chance

Comment

Chance
                                                                                  Hopefully get a place. The way it is going -9 will be leading.

Comment

Molinari shoots 66 and probably not good enough for a clean place. With a -SGP to boot.

Comment

Wow from thinking this thing was over at the start of the day to a wide open event in the space of a couple of hours.

Comment

Great round Hideki.

He was in the worst shape going into today out of my 4 horses. But my other three had a treble, quad and quint. Good fun.
                                                                                        Hideki could be leading when Day goes swimming later. Hope the wind gets up.

Comment

A great nights viewing. Hate all the commentators complaining about it being too difficult, sorts the men out from the boys. Watching lads in 64's every round isn't any fun.

Comment

Taxi for Knox

Comment

Knox and Piercy were my bets, great result there

Comment

Molinari in decent shape going into tomorrow but can't see Day losing from here. Also have Cejka in running so hopefully he can place too.

Comment

Goosen unlucky not to be T2/3 Treble bogey on the 14th. Playing well last few events. Hopefully sneaks a place today

Comment

Fuck me, COLSAERTS really made me sweat for the place money
                                                                                                    Got there in the end but finished 6 off lead with 6 double bogeys on his cards

Comment

Full place payout on Goya at 100/1. Good start to the day.

Comment

Full place payout on Goya at 100/1. Good start to the day.
                                                                                                        day 2 was an absolute disaster. He did well to get back up there

Comment

Not sure what to do now, anyone advise?

Looking at a decent loss if Day wins, nice sum if Hideki wins and a very nice sum if Cejka wins. Small profit if anyone else wins. I can trade out now breakeven.

After yesterday's round I'm struggling to see Day lose it. Another option is to lay it off now and then go in again on laying Day at 1.39

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                            Not sure what to do now, anyone advise?

Looking at a decent loss if Day wins, nice sum if Hideki wins and a very nice sum if Cejka wins. Small profit if anyone else wins. I can trade out now breakeven.

After yesterday's round I'm struggling to see Day lose it. Another option is to lay it off now and then go in again on laying Day at 1.39
                                                                                                            Can't see Day losing from here either but this is golf. If you are not comfortable losing the amount of money just reduce the loss if you want a sweat still.

Comment

gonna stick a few bobs on the Goose just in case Day takes a day off.

Comment

Can't see Day losing from here either but this is golf. If you are not comfortable losing the amount of money just reduce the loss if you want a sweat still.

I think it's more the fact that I'm losing the money to Jason Day. If McIlroy/anyone else was in this position then I'd be more than happy to let it ride, just seems like I'm wasting money going against Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                  I think it's more the fact that I'm losing the money to Jason Day. If McIlroy/anyone else was in this position then I'd be more than happy to let it ride, just seems like I'm wasting money going against Day.
                                                                                                                  The problem is that there is not enough time for someone to make up enough ground to move the price significantly. Basically hoping he starts badly and one of the -9/-10 guys start fast. Only chance is if he has a spell of vertigo.

Comment

The problem is that there is not enough time for someone to make up enough ground to move the price significantly. Basically hoping he starts badly and one of the -9/-10 guys start fast. Only chance is if he has a spell of vertigo.

Even then I'm not hugely confident of the guys at -10/-9 doing that. Hiduki's best round so far is -5, and Cejka -6. If Duke pulls off another -8 round then game on but more likely he hits similar to his first round score I think. That chip in for par yesterday from him was a real killer.

Comment

Hopefully lowery can keep his round going and make a place for a small loss for the week.

Comment

Great start

Comment

They're all making a meal of this.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X