Didn't look good
      It's all an illusion

Comment

Absolutely devastated for OC.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Im sick

Comment

Best tip today Raoul. Giggled when reading it - Steak looks amazing. Enjoy

Hope our conor gets up ok
            GAA News Website

Comment

Heart attack says twitter.
              Would take that with a pinch of salt but not good whatever it is
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                Heart attack says twitter.
                Would take that with a pinch of salt but not good whatever it is
                Being treated with Water & Painkillers on course, according to Clare Balding

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                  Being treated with Water & Painkillers on course, according to Clare Balding
                  Then from Barry Orr "Looks like the fall was fatal for Our Conor."

Comment

This is agonising.

Edit: ugh so sad.
                    Last edited by The Situation; 11-03-14, 15:50.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Horrible news.

Real sad.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Horrible outcome. Terribly sad for GAB, his Da and the other connections - former or present.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Shit, horrible news.
                          airport, lol

Comment

Awful, really really sad.

Comment

Depressing shit.
                              It's all an illusion

Comment

Sickening, brought us so much joy

Comment

jennies jewel out to 50/1
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Really Sad.
                                    RIP Our Conor and sympathies to GAB and family.

Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Terrible news. Hugely emotional for GAB & all concerned.

Comment

yes horrible news.

Comment

Cruel, cruel game.

Comment

Depressing times, O. C Had so much going for him, sick beat.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                              brought us so much joy
                                              that's a very appropriate sentiment Rob. wp
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Depressing alright,

Not the most sensitive question but will Barry Connell have him insured for anything near what he paid

Comment

Think Quevega may have sweat the flu out of me there.
                                                  It's all an illusion

Comment

Awful shitty news for OC

Forgot I'd a 10/1 ante post on Foxrock....
                                                    Worthwhile doing a Shut the front door saver?
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Awful news about Our Conor, devastating news for all those who had involvement in the horse.
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Think we should rename the EW thread in tribute.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

RIP Our Conor. A legend of IPB.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                            Think we should rename the EW thread in tribute.
                                                            Done

Comment

Well, that's the end of Cheltenham for me until Friday

Comment

Could be very emotional scenes if Art of Logistics manages to get his head in front in the last.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

ive an ew on king vuvuzela in last, where can i watch?
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Da mein Körper mein Beruf ist, will ich nur das Beste. Dies veranlasste mich dazu Dutch Giant Nutrition erschaffen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      Could be very emotional scenes if Art of Logistics manages to get his head in front in the last.
                                                                      missed it, faller?

Comment

Terrible about Our Conor.

Was still a lurker last year (not that I post much these anyways) but saw all the posts about Our Conor (the one that struck out was when GAB said Dessie Hughes said the only horse he could compare him to was Hardy Eustace or something along those lines) and duly got stuck to him. Obviously I was delighted for selfish reasons but I also remember a rather odd feeling of being really happy for GAB and the IPB community.

I suppose the reason many of us love racing is it's a bit like a drug, the highs moments of ecstasy seemingly unavailable anywhere else and the lows are soul crushing comparable to a family death.

Sadly today was one of the latter occasions, thoughts go to all fortunate enough to have had the joy of being connected to OC but who have been cruelly robbed of seeing the horse reach his ultimate potential.

Comment

Horrible day for racing and all connected with Our Conor. Such a promising horse and very sad for all involved.

Barry Geraghty cost me a shit pile of loot by choosing Vaniteaux instead of Josses Hill.

Had all other selections placed.

Nice e/w double on Green Flag and At a glance and e/w quad (done a few days ago with Josses Hill, MTOY, Trifolium and Shotgun Paddy)

Hopefully no more tragedies for the rest of the week.
                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Our Conor's fall totally took the gloss from the CH. Just a nothing feel to it. And I had no bet on the race, so not talking through my pocket. JP was superb (as usual) in his post race speech. Typical level of thoughtfulness from the man. Quevega win was magical, even allowing for the level of joy had JJ won.

Re Our Conor. If there is any consolation for GAB and crew, its that no one can ever take away his performance in last years triumph and that is all they will remember in a few years time. The 'what might have beens' will continue but at least they had their day in the sun (and what a day it was). Obv still sorry it had to happen.

Comment

rip our conor what a wonderful horse.

Comment

Am completely out of love with horse racing right now.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

was really pumped for the spectacle of cheltenham this year. the rest of it just seems like horses running around a field now. RIP OC.

Comment

such a sad day for Noel. I am sure he was like a child at xmas waiting for Cheltenham and then to be faced with that sad news on the very first day. heart goes out to him
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Still shocked after what happened today,had my biggest ever win on our conor last year 100 @ 7s & another 100 @ 6s,i know its pretty small,but by my standards is a hugh chunk,it was enough to give me a few sleepless nights before last years triumph hurdle and had me walking on air afterwards.it got me into racing where i decided to get good,or pack it in,which led on to the racing logs,and god only knows how many hours those 2 logs i've spent on,even went as far as timing the last furlong of last years triumph hurdle and the last furlong of last years champion hurdle,i know the old course/new course,pace and a hundred other things that go in to the mix but think the hill is the same on both courses and our conor ran just that 220 yards of ground in a faster time than hurricane fly,and in my narrow little mind told me there was a champion lurking inside there somewhere,maybe not this year,than next year,or the year after.

rip oc & cheers for the sweat.
                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

finished the day ahead after backing the first and last winners as well as my dockets got some of my money back .so sad for our connor spoiled a good day roll on tomorrow

Comment

So much to take in from a an extraordinary days racing.

Someone wrote in the RP today that Cheltenham is more about forgetting than remembering, well whatever else happens today is one that we'll never forget.

GAB says it so well above, terrible things happen. GAB was devestated, Barrry Connell Danny Mullins and Dessie all had their brave faces on but they were all broken inside.

Jennies was beaten before she got on the boat. When they quickened going down the hill she was feeling the ground and couldn't keep with them, she stayed on well up the hill and its encouraging to know she can handle the track but she won't be running there again unless it is significantly softer than today's 'good to soft' ground.
                                                                                          At least she will have another day and right now that feels like a lot to be grateful for.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Also WTF was Brian Hughes at trying to go up the inside when there was no inside and it was easier to drive straight for the line. FFS!
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            X