No announcement yet.

Cheltenham 2017 Tipping Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the improver had a few quid on the forecast. Some picking.

Comment

A few of us on that, game on!

Hate to say it but ruling on The Improver, same as myself yesterday.

Comment

Feel for bohsman there, pick out a 20\1 winner and get passed out in the standings

Frossach still ahead but is his stride starting to shorten?

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

prognostications in the Albert Bartlett

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Feel for bohsman there, pick out a 20\1 winner and get passed out in the standings
            Leader coming back to the pack, 2nd or 10th makes no difference at this stage.

Comment

Back in the game. 50 ew on Artic Fire in real life also so nice day.

Comment

*****NEW LEADER*****

Comment

Ami Desbois being a prick tease to me til just before the last fence

Comment

All change at the top as nicnicnic comes sweeping though to the lead:

GAB also on the move and SatNav getting in on the action too.

Comment

Gold Cup picks

fascinating dynamic in the Blue Riband now

Comment

awesome

SPOILER
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Frossach probably still slight fav looking at picks.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Frossach probably still slight fav looking at picks.
                            SatNav has a serious chance imo

and then we have the army of binkers

Comment

*****NEW LEADER ALERT****

well, same as the old one, but still:

Comment

Amateur hour

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                  Ami Desbois being a prick tease to me til just before the last fence
                                  Twice now

Enjoyed the comp RD3 merci

Comment

*****NEW LEADER ALERT****

Comment

nicnic just will not be denied and surges back un front on the run to the finish

bohsman must be wondering just what he has to do to bink this competition (A: don't be pussying around with 50 bets )

Comment

100W on Wicklow Brave last year or year before wasn't enough to get me over the line either, at least I backed them!

Comment

Conditional surrender

Comment

I'm feeling benevolent towards humanity in general so will give mdoug back his stake

Comment

Still have Hail Mary in the next if his drift holds at 80/1+

Just the small matter of hacking up

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Still have Hail Mary in the next if his drift holds at 80/1+

Just the small matter of hacking up
                                                The fact you have 1 imaginary euro more than me on it has ruined Cheltenham for me.
                                                Last edited by horatio1; 17-03-17, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                  The fact you have 1 imaginary euro more than me on it has ruined Cheltenham for me.
                                                  Tactics innit

Comment

Wp Nic and N1 RD.

Following NIC on last two for obvious reasons.

Comment

nic looking all over the winner coming to the last:

Comment

miracle shots

Comment

A ff sake when I added CC he was 25/1

Stuck a tenner on last night, meant to add more but busy...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            I need Solita to go off 33/1 and win in order to nab him in the last stride.
                                                            Think 28/1 would do you as he would lose 100.

Comment

Watch out for these

Eastlake would do it for careca

Upsilon Bleu would win it for Elshambo

Solar Impulse for Frossach although I think hated da jacks would leapfrog him

Witness in Court would do for HJ

Un beau Roman would bink it for horatio

think those are the only possible nags that could dethrone nicnicnic

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                Think 28/1 would do you as he would lose 100.
                                                                trading at 25s naturally

Comment

Eastlake would do it for careca

Upsilon Bleu would win it for Elshambo

Solar Impulse for Frossach although I think hated da jacks would leapfrog him

Witness in Court would do for HJ

Un beau Roman would bink it for horatio

think those are the only possible nags that could dethrone nicnicnic
                                                                  Not now for me. Into 28s the fucker

Comment

Congrats Nic, impressive final total.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

when you're hot, you're hot

Comment

Well done nic. Thanks raoul for all the work. Great value for a nifty.

Comment

Final scoreboard

confirming what we all know, nic is the winner - superb performance on the final day.

bohsman is probably the man kicking himself the hardest as he picked more longshot winners than anyone but splitting his bets didn't pay off.

SatNav too made a notable debut without ever quite getting to the front

well played all and especially nic

Comment

Had about a similar return to my own festival bank

SPOILER
                                                                            like fuck

Great craic as ever, tks to Raoul for running, has to be a lot of work.

I'll add €200 from winnings to the Ascot pot to get it rolling.

Now I'm just sweating year ahead goes better then the poor chap who won last years did.

Comment

confirming what we all know, nic is the winner - superb performance on the final day.

bohsman is probably the man kicking himself the hardest as he picked more longshot winners than anyone but splitting his bets didn't pay off.

SatNav too made a notable debut without ever quite getting to the front

well played all and especially nic
                                                                              well done Nicohlas !!

I am actually quite chuffed with myself for doing that well, I think there should be obv a special prize for me , only female too

Oh and thanks very much Mdoug for putting me in! least ya got a little sweat
                                                                              Last edited by SatNav; 17-03-17, 17:55.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                Now I'm just sweating year ahead goes better then the poor chap who won last years did.
                                                                                if you can stay out of the clink, you're ahead of the game imo

here's the day-on-day performance for posterity

nic always up with the pace and put in a storming performance on the final day to draw clear of the pack. Frossach did nothing wrong but just didn't have the gears of the winner.

Comment

Thanks for running RD, WP nicnic.

Comment

€1900 shipped to nic

He has generously seeded €200 into the Aintree comp which I have some ideas for. Watch that space....

€50 set aside to reimburse mdoug as I seem to have inadvertently caused him considerable mental distress.

Until next year:

Comment

Saved me a fortune donating 50 quid here and just doing placepots for the 4 days, 50 to the competition (congrats Nic) and 4 places pots. Binked one yesterday for 58 euros .
                                                                                      So I'm up 4 quid amd a few pence. GET INNNNN. Great entertainment and thanks for the drama also, most enjoyable. I'm in for Aintree (obv dead money but meh)

please make the rules more complex and open to misinterpretation next time .

Comment

€1900 shipped to nic

He has generously seeded €200 into the Aintree comp which I have some ideas for. Watch that space....

€50 set aside to reimburse mdoug as I seem to have inadvertently caused him considerable mental distress.

Until next year:

Monies received, with thanks.

Comment

Just back reading the reports, some finish, Well played Nicnicnic. Didnt think Frossach would be caught but not lording it over anybody in a lead like that probably deserved it, theres nothing worse than a good leader. Once Frossach adopts some form of rubdown technique then we have a serious player here. That being said RDIII showed no love for him throughout, hes a cheating fcuk like that

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          Mind=blown that Hatedajacks can also be read as Hated a jacks.
                                                                                          Ive always read it as just that!, is that not intended?. Hate when people join words because theres no distinction for me. Like that comedian sap Jimeoin. I always pronounced it like its written sounding Jim-ian. Turns out its Jim Eoin and im the person they laugh at.

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                          well done Nicohlas !!

I am actually quite chuffed with myself for doing that well, I think there should be obv a special prize for me , only female too

Oh and thanks very much Mdoug for putting me in! least ya got a little sweat
                                                                                          Oh...ok
                                                                                          SPOILER

Comment

Thanks RD3 for running and The Situation for sending on my €50.
                                                                                            Well played nic.

Comment

Well done RD for running & NicNic for winning.
                                                                                              Roll on Aintree although I won't be entering if MDoug is allowed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                Thanks Arazi. Don't think the other thing will be a problem, based on PMs received.

mdoug doesn't want his refund so with the week that's in it:

Thanks a million for your generous €50.00 donation in support of Irish Injured Jockeys.

Comment

You're a silly billy. Don't enter, kiddy game is down the street.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I'm not playing if the bold boy is allowed to play. Wah wah wah. What a prick you are

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                      I'm not playing if the bold boy is allowed to play. Wah wah wah. What a prick you are
                                                                                                      i think everyone should bow out , im in next one to win it ! although ill stick in Mdoug if he wants, to return the favour
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                        i think everyone should bow out , im in next one to win it ! although ill stick in Mdoug if he wants, to return the favour
                                                                                                        mdoug made it abundantly clear to me he will not be participating in any future competitions.

Comment

mdoug made it abundantly clear to me he will not be participating in any future competitions.
                                                                                                          ah he fickle , he will be in. he not the worst . he may have had a bad week all round and took it out on us , I like Mdoug

we all lose the head in these parts , be fine
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Lol.

What a fucking gimp of a post. I wanted more of this when seeing this thread bumped to the top. Turns out there's only one massive bellend.

Ah well.

Will enter Aintree one if both doug and this arazi twat do.

Comment

.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Arazi; 20-03-17, 09:01.

Comment

Any interest in organising a competition for the Attheraces Stable Stars?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                X