Irish Open Tournament Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Open Tournament Director

How did he do this year guys? He seemed in control from what I saw, (just an hour or so railing the last 5 tables). I heard an American man complain that the dealer had called clock, and I heard there was some kind of incident with the bubble guy, what happened?

The bubble guy was told to wait in his seat while hands on other tqables finished, despite him knowing that he was beaten. I was standing next to the table when he went in and got called in 3 spots (due to having only 1BB). It was pretty disgraceful tbh.

Comment

Who appoints him does anybody know?
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        Who appoints him does anybody know?
        Liam Flood.

Comment

Hes brutal. Does not know how to talk civil to dealers or players. I got an offical warning during the IO. That American dealer came over for the next BB which was me and asked me to rack my chips that im going to the TV table.. I agreed and folded my had and just began racking my chips when he runs over shouting we havent got time for this and Hurry up etc.
          I just said chill out and give me a minute, and asked could I go a smoke before I sit down. Then all he said was fuck ya just stay there. (not word for word). I had already been dealt out of the next hand and he told me and the table I wasn't moving. At this stage all the table is complaining to him that I wasn't paying antes etc.
          I didn't really want to sit there listening to arguing so I went for my smoke. (We were pretty deep at this stage I was playing 110k) When I had came back in I had been moved to the table next door. Sit down and then he comes over to give me my warning.
          After this I lost 40k 1st hand back (race) . And then lost 100k pot with K3 against 99 after I 4baipf. (dave o neill tilt). Then had 15BB and history.

Could be a lovely chap tho.

Comment

Was the american dealer a bloke? pretty large guy? if so he wasted 5 minutes trying to get a ruling on me for speech play, even when Liam Flodden told him the ruling and nobody was even contesting the "speech play".

Comment

I haven't played the IO so I can't say what he was like as a TD.

However I have experienced him at a previous tournament and the kindest thing I can say about him is he is one ignorant bollox.

Comment

I haven't played under him but railed the final stages of both the IO last year and the IWF and he seems to be an awful eejit tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  The bubble guy was told to wait in his seat while hands on other tqables finished, despite him knowing that he was beaten. I was standing next to the table when he went in and got called in 3 spots (due to having only 1BB). It was pretty disgraceful tbh.
                  They do this so it doesn't affect other hands on different tables. As in if it's hand for hand and a guy shorter than you goes all in and looses or even is in terrible shape you might be more wiling to gamble as its not the bubble anymore. This is my understanding why they keep the crds face down anyway.

As for the TD , I think he's useless too. ThesSooner JP gets the reigns the better

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                    They do this so it doesn't affect other hands on different tables. As in if it's hand for hand and a guy shorter than you goes all in and looses or even is in terrible shape you might be more wiling to gamble as its not the bubble anymore. This is my understanding why they keep the crds face down anyway.

As for the TD , I think he's useless too. ThesSooner JP gets the reigns the better

+1 to this

Comment

A team of JP, Dani, John Scanlon, Toby and Luke should be running all the major events in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post

Yep, I'm aware of why they do it, but in this case, with cameras and loads of people around the tabel, him knowing he was beaten, and trying to walk away but being told to go back to his seat was just horrible. The likelyhood of someone else having a shorter stack at that stage was very low as well, so he almost had to be the bubble. I don't think I would have stayed in that situation, although the slight possibility that there may be a shorter stack might have kept me there.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          Yep, I'm aware of why they do it, but in this case, with cameras and loads of people around the tabel, him knowing he was beaten, and trying to walk away but being told to go back to his seat was just horrible. The likelyhood of someone else having a shorter stack at that stage was very low as well, so he almost had to be the bubble. I don't think I would have stayed in that situation, although the slight possibility that there may be a shorter stack might have kept me there.
                          Hi Dom,

The standard ruling on this situation would be if two player on different tables were knocked out on the same hand (bubble situation) they would share the cash prize equally. If it was a ticket then the player with most chips would win the ticket.

If it was two players out on the same table then the person with the most chips would win.

I'm not sure what the situation was but I guessing the player who was knocked out must have tabled his cards before been told (while action was still pending on the other tables) and was then told to put his cards face down again.

It's a pretty standard rule now at nearly all major poker events
                          €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                          Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                          €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                          CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

The ruling was announced that if two stacks were all in , the bubble would be awarded to the player who entered the last hand with the least chips.
                            The hand in question: The button had turned over his cards to show a winning pair of Kings. Everyone including the short stacked bubble boy knew the story. The floor man seemed to be panicing rather than taking control of the situation with, I think, 3 all ins. What made it more sick was that the bubble boy had freerolled into the game and plays very lows stakes to my knowledge. But the whole situation was so messy it just seemed cruel to the unlucky bubble to be put through such a prolonged exit.
                            IMO the TD should have dealt with the smallest all in stack first, seeing as he announced the ruling shortly before said drama. If the short stack wins then move onto the other table. Would this not be a bit of a better idea with tension running so high at this stage of the country's biggest tourney?

Comment

IMO the TD was fine, he did get into little panics every now and again but sure so what.
                              Do I think he is the best TD in the country? No not at all.
                              Not sure if a public form is the way forward in complaining about somebody in their place of work.

The main problem at the IO from a players point of view is the hold ups when you get moved to the TV table.

If they made a 9/10 handed table it would help this because once a player is knocked off the TV table there is a panic to get another one on asap. Then the hold ups start with the glass name and micing the player up.
                              Plus they hold up play a good bit for the commentating, I think this is because this is all done live.
                              twitter
                              moneybookers

Comment

Working...
                              X