Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 26-02-18, 21:43   #281
robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opr View Post
You have ETH and you want to go to Euro? Or the other way around? Coinbase have extremely high fees but if you transfer funds to their sister exchange site GDax which you automatically have an account on when you register for Coinbase you can trade without the high fees. You can sell the ETH on Gdax and send it back to bank account via sepa transfer for a few cent.

Opr
Great thanks for the reply. I have ETH and want Euro. Sounds like that's the way to do it.

Out of curiosity, why would anyone use Coinbase instead of Gdax if that's the case?

Also the ETH is currently on another exchange, would it be either easier or cheaper to just send it straight to Gdax?
robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-18, 21:49   #282
Opr
OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Great thanks for the reply. I have ETH and want Euro. Sounds like that's the way to do it.

Out of curiosity, why would anyone use Coinbase instead of Gdax if that's the case?

Also the ETH is currently on another exchange, would it be either easier or cheaper to just send it straight to Gdax?
What exchange is it on? If they have a fiat gateway like Kraken you should be able to send it straight back to bank account via sepa. If not then yeah send straight to Gdax.

Lots of people don't even know about Gdax and just pay the fees. Plus you need a second ID to get registered for Gdax to use it and they can be very picky about ID and many people just give up which I would say is the plan behind it

Opr
Opr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-18, 06:21   #283
robin

Quote:
What exchange is it on? If they have a fiat gateway like Kraken you should be able to send it straight back to bank account via sepa. If not then yeah send straight to Gdax.

Lots of people don't even know about Gdax and just pay the fees. Plus you need a second ID to get registered for Gdax to use it and they can be very picky about ID and many people just give up which I would say is the plan behind it

Opr
Its on allcoin at the moment. I have a Kraken account too although I've never used it, would that be preferable to Gdax?
robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-18, 09:34   #284
Opr
OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Its on allcoin at the moment. I have a Kraken account too although I've never used it, would that be preferable to Gdax?
Either should work fine. I would go for Gdax if you are registered with them and have verified IDs. Kraken let you withdraw I think up to 1 BTC worth of currency with just tier 2 verification which is just name/address info.

Opr
Thanks From:
Old 28-02-18, 19:20   #285
Opr
OCD

Looks like Charlie liked the answers he got. Some endorsement to get off him. FOMO

Old 04-03-18, 12:11   #286
Strewelpeter

Old 07-03-18, 20:18   #287
Opr
OCD

Loads of drama currently. Binance users reporting accounts getting sold off hence the big BTC dump. Binance say they are dealing with it and will be reversing all trades. I've no idea how they will go about that.

Last edited by Opr; 07-03-18 at 20:22.
Old 11-03-18, 10:18   #288
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 21:27   #289
Hectorjelly

Someone wants to pay me in BTC. Wheres the best place to set up an account so I can transfer in and out and withdraw/lodge easily. Won't be doing any investing in alT coins and don't plan on holding any btc.
Hectorjelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-18, 22:33   #290
Opr
OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectorjelly View Post
Someone wants to pay me in BTC. Wheres the best place to set up an account so I can transfer in and out and withdraw/lodge easily. Won't be doing any investing in alT coins and don't plan on holding any btc.
If you don't plan on holding and just want to cash it as received then probably best to just setup an account on Coinbase and get them to send payments directly to your BTC Coinbase address and just cashout as received.

Use GDax (Coinbase sister exchange) to trade from BTC to Euro and Sepa transfer to bank account to do the whole thing as cheaply as possible.

Opr
Thanks From:
Old 27-03-18, 13:43   #291
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Mighty TRON. Thats a devastating table though. Everyone wiped out, or cashed out?

Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-18, 20:42   #292
The Situation
Champ Champ

I'm shocked those identical graphs from the past 5 years aren't holding up this year
Old 27-03-18, 21:48   #293
Opr
OCD

Been doing decently considering the market is getting rekted. I've been buying and selling just based on info and been doing pretty well lately. The time to keep up to date with the markets is far too much but I keep an eye on a twitter crypto feed I setup and dip into the reddit forums. If you can get info early the markets are wildly inefficient at pricing things in quickly. When you get information the impact of something likely doesn't filter into a market reaction for a couple of hours after the information goes public.

Binance announce decentralized exchange on twitter --> Buy Binance coin.
Charlie Lee asking about Nano in the Nano forum on reddit --> Buy Nano.
Yesterday Coinbase announced support for erc20 tokens --> Buy BAT

30-50% on day trades by just jumping on the info as soon as it hit. Nano was around 130%.

If you could script some kind of scrapper for twitter and reddit forums for key news relating to coins it would be extremely lucrative. I've been too lazy and not enough time to give it a go. I just wish I had been a little more experienced when I was in the markets around Xmas as while I did very well but I hadn't of held so many coins like a pleb when they had 5x'd already it could have been far far better.

Only holding small amounts of ENJ/OMG currently. Will buy back some BAT if it dips enough.

I can only imagine traders who know what they are doing, are and have been absolutely coining it from these markets. You're basically getting to trade with majority dumb money all day, every day.

Opr
Old 27-03-18, 22:16   #294
Opr
OCD

The altcoins btw are especially hard to turn profits in the current bear market. You are watching both the dollar and sat price to gauge whether movement is related to BTC or actual altcoin. Then when you need to trade generally alt/$ markets don't exists so you can't set stop losses and then also have to trade to BTC then to $ when you want to trade out. You are not only relying on the info you are trading on pumping the specific coin but that BTC doesn't dump during that period. It is much easier when you think the market is generally going to turn positive and can just buy BTC.

Currently an extremely interesting time to be watching BTC as its back down near the lows of the past dips when it has previously gotten huge support back up over the last few months. Interesting to see what happens as plenty of people predicting it will bounce again and many saying it will fall through this time.

Opr

Last edited by Opr; 27-03-18 at 22:20.
Old 28-03-18, 12:07   #295
Elshambles
Wierdo

Quote:

30-50% on day trades by just jumping on the info as soon as it hit. Nano was around 130%.

Opr
Old 28-03-18, 13:23   #296
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Quote:
Been doing decently considering the market is getting rekted. I've been buying and selling just based on info and been doing pretty well lately. The time to keep up to date with the markets is far too much but I keep an eye on a twitter crypto feed I setup and dip into the reddit forums. If you can get info early the markets are wildly inefficient at pricing things in quickly. When you get information the impact of something likely doesn't filter into a market reaction for a couple of hours after the information goes public.

If you could script some kind of scrapper for twitter and reddit forums for key news relating to coins it would be extremely lucrative. I've been too lazy and not enough time to give it a go. I just wish I had been a little more experienced when I was in the markets around Xmas as while I did very well but I hadn't of held so many coins like a pleb when they had 5x'd already it could have been far far better.

Only holding small amounts of ENJ/OMG currently. Will buy back some BAT if it dips enough.

I can only imagine traders who know what they are doing, are and have been absolutely coining it from these markets. You're basically getting to trade with majority dumb money all day, every day.

Opr
Friend in work has made scripts that take it a step further, doesn't bother with scarping news but looks for patterns on the exchanges that results from such news and buys/sells based on that. Impressive figures for him so far.
Old 28-03-18, 20:33   #297
Opr
OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
Friend in work has made scripts that take it a step further, doesn't bother with scarping news but looks for patterns on the exchanges that results from such news and buys/sells based on that. Impressive figures for him so far.
That seems like a good angle. I had one that was monitoring Binance for new coin listings which always pumped when they went live but more and more people obviously copped the same thing to the point that new listings are generally flat now. I've also been buying coins that have events coming up and dumping them in advance of the event happening like roadmaps, mainnet launches etc which is really profitable. Coins always pump in the anticipation of an event and then dump right before or during it. Pretty sure you could scrape the information on upcoming major events for all coins in the coming month and then filter the results for the best ones based on further criteria but again haven't attempted it.

I can't say I am particularly enjoying finding angles. Its a complete time sink keeping an eye on prices and playing the angles unless you are automating the whole thing. I guess I should be more pragmatic about it but it was much more fun gambling on random coins cause you liked the idea I would guess people really putting in the time are still able to make fortunes.

I'm really just trying to keep a foot in the game and gain some experience as I want to be in a position to take full advantage if the market does turn. Print all the Tether

Opr

Last edited by Opr; 28-03-18 at 20:36.
Old 28-03-18, 21:31   #298
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Quote:
That seems like a good angle. I had one that was monitoring Binance for new coin listings which always pumped when they went live but more and more people obviously copped the same thing to the point that new listings are generally flat now. I've also been buying coins that have events coming up and dumping them in advance of the event happening like roadmaps, mainnet launches etc which is really profitable. Coins always pump in the anticipation of an event and then dump right before or during it. Pretty sure you could scrape the information on upcoming major events for all coins in the coming month and then filter the results for the best ones based on further criteria but again haven't attempted it.

I can't say I am particularly enjoying finding angles. Its a complete time sink keeping an eye on prices and playing the angles unless you are automating the whole thing. I guess I should be more pragmatic about it but it was much more fun gambling on random coins cause you liked the idea I would guess people really putting in the time are still able to make fortunes.

I'm really just trying to keep a foot in the game and gain some experience as I want to be in a position to take full advantage if the market does turn. Print all the Tether

Opr
He had the same things few months back, gotta evolve them scripts. I can't be bothered yet, I buy and dont really look at it.
Old 19-05-18, 20:44   #299
Opr
OCD

Some on here might be interested in giving this a go. A puzzle which when solved leads presumably to a private key worth 1BTC. Someone posted it on Reddit a few hours ago.

Link with details

Link to the Reddit Thread

Opr

Last edited by Opr; 19-05-18 at 21:14.

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling