Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone give me a good reason why Osana is 6/5 and not 4/6?

Shakervilz surely needs further, and while Major Finnegan is the danger imo, I can't see him able to beat Osana.

He'll like the ground, the trip and is 2/2 over CD.

Comment

Now this is the type of threads I like!

Comment

Just opened up the horseracing page on Ladbrokes and the first thing I see is Eagle Eye in the next South Africa, suppose I have to have a punt on that.
        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          if my uncle was the owner (Sir Robert Ogden) then I am pretty sure id be living off old money and be well retired by now
          LOL
          Gimmieabreak has a better inside track to what is happening in the Ogden camp there than if Bob was his uncle, IMO
          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 15-02-10, 17:05.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

good news is that this chap was amongst the 21 acceptors for the race at this mornings stage.

edit - I notice he has been dropped 2lb by the handicapper since his last run which wont matter this weekend if Our Vic runs as ATJ will oe out of the handicap.
            still 20/1 generally

I will laugh my arse off until Cheltenham if the other 'According to' nag wins this
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Buddy Holly looks generously priced in the next at Wolverhampton.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

The Nicky Richards-trained According To John will run from out of the handicap, should he take his chance.

Richards wants to weigh up the opposition before committing his charge to a run.

"We've left him in and we'll just see how the race is shaping up later in the week," said Richards.

"We'll just have to see what happens with the weights and take it from there.

"He ran well enough at Sandown last time but Timmy (Murphy) just said he is crying out for the extra distance nowadays."
                From sportinglife.com.

Seems like the race will need to cut up a bit if he is to run.

Comment

Some money being piled on Elliots horse in the 4.25 in Punch, 20's into 2's all the value gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                    Some money being piled on Elliots horse in the 4.25 in Punch, 20's into 2's all the value gone.
                    Winner

Comment

jesus they went for some touch on that horse - got a massive scoop from it. a good old fashioned gamble, the sort that comes off once every couple of years.
                      Yeah Baz got word on it last night and only looked at the prices today and by that stage he was well backed in still a win is acceptable at 2's

Comment

yeah only got on short but what the hell a winner is a winner.was told last night to watch him 2dayfor the money going on, looked this morning and he was 16s was at work and forgot all about it until i got a phone call at lunch time. Serious dough got on he was 20s in places early 2day and went into 2s after lunch a good old fashion swoop i love it a few more before cheltenham would be good lol.
                        location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

jesus they went for some touch on that horse - got a massive scoop from it. a good old fashioned gamble, the sort that comes off once every couple of years.

He's as bent as they come.

"I just made it back in time. He's a big old fashioned horse who has had a lot of problems," said Elliott.

"We train him out of a field now and it seems to work for him. He just came alive over the last couple of weeks. We might go to Fairyhouse next Tuesday with him."

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                            He's as bent as they come.

"I just made it back in time. He's a big old fashioned horse who has had a lot of problems," said Elliott.

"We train him out of a field now and it seems to work for him. He just came alive over the last couple of weeks. We might go to Fairyhouse next Tuesday with him."

LOL.
                            the fella i got it from told me they were waiting for this one since christmas and all the dough was going on. he came alive in the last few weeks??He came alive today when the rent was down,twisted as a cork screw for sure.
                            location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

BCB, if this one comes in I'm gonna have your manbabies. Just so you know.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I really fancy Marjolly in the 7.30 at Kempton. Five horse race, trading between 100/30 and 3/1 currently on Betfair.

Comment

No good, thoght he was coming to win it at one stage but the fav was just too good for him.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

So it's no longer a "once in a lifetime opportunity" then?
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Chaaaaarge people, chaaaarge... This is a once every couple of years sort of situation and a must get involved race! I cant remember the last time I was looking forward to a race as much as this one. I might even take a day trip to Haydock.
                                          Once every couple of years then.

Comment

im drubk but satyedYS BAOS ARE

DAY IN A LIUFEFIEM
                                            SPRINTER SACRE
                                            NOTES PERE
                                            MORORRAH

ABF ODE ACCORDNHUING TO HOHN
                                            I am known as a great translator so I will translate this from Alcobabble to English.

I'm drunk but Saturdays bets are

Day in a LIfetime
                                            Sprinter Sacre(well done on getting that one right!)
                                            Notre Pere
                                            Menorah

??? ??? According to John
                                            Last edited by eagle eye; 20-02-10, 05:39.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looking to lay Menorah today my €100 to your €200

payment on boyles/GJP/PP

Comment

you want to revise your price Fran? i might take 4/7.

my 350e to your 200e?
                                                    Yeah i see he drifted i was looking at his price early this morning, just go my 100e to your 175e, just watched his last race against Bellvano in Kempton and less confident in my lay

Comment

booked, i promise to pay you before xmas if he gets beat. btw - what makes you want to lay him?

il take the same bet again if anybody wants to lay me?
                                                      I just think he is giving too much weight away today, meh that and i want your money Can i pay you in weekly installments?

Comment

Gimmeabreak or Jackyback. Fancy laying either of my 2 football trebles in the football thread?

Tommygunne and Semibluff don't seem to be online as they normally take them.

Comment

ye, thats right eagle eye. ffs my neighbour is pumping away with a power saw in the back garden. I was 1.01 not to see this side of 10.30 am today but for that fcker.

btw - Dont Turn Bach was sold out of Willies Stable with a price tag of 180k. Also - if Willie has a bumper horse for Cheltenham its this chap today. I dont know if its in the RP yet but there is deffo a color change on him, no longer in jackies silks.
                                                          I'd have been on that 1.01 myself given that effort by you last night.

Rebel Soldier 2.15 Lingfield is my nap of the day, its unraced and is currently trading at just better than evens on Betfair.
                                                          This reads very well though, Awesome Act is the Breeders Cup fourth they are talking about.
                                                          "Trainer Jeremy Noseda attended to see his Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf fourth work with two stable companions under Shane Kelly in what turned into a strong gallop over 7f on the Polytrack after the trio had jumped off leisurely from the 1m2f start.
                                                          Kelly sat last travelling smoothly on the surface before nudging the Susan Roy and Tom Ludt-owned three-year-old up the inside of his two rivals into the home bend. He cornered tightly and finished upsides his work companion, the unraced colt Rebel Soldier and well clear of pacesetting Muzo."

Comment

No thanks Eddie,
                                                            Father got small word this morning on Abbey Lane in the 2.05 Fairyhouse, currently 16s on BSquare and 25s on betfair. Worth an e/w punt.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                              I'd have been on that 1.01 myself given that effort by you last night.

Rebel Soldier 2.15 Lingfield is my nap of the day, its unraced and is currently trading at just better than evens on Betfair.
                                                              This reads very well though, Awesome Act is the Breeders Cup fourth they are talking about.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...gallop/680449/
                                                              Very good shout on Rebel Soldier he won well, on at 6/4

Comment

Ship the loots. I was on bigtime. Delighted to see you on him Jackyback.

Comment

I'm fairly sure Albertas Run is the bet if the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                    I'm fairly sure Albertas Run is the bet if the day.
                                                                    Ground concerns.

Defeat is out of the question for Planet Of Sound.
                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                      Ground concerns.

Defeat is out of the question for Planet Of Sound.
                                                                      Stays further, best horse in race, winnar

Comment

Whoops
                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

According to John 9s at the off, already "some way adrift and jumping to the right"

Comment

Much monies for according to john but looks beaten after a mile
                                                                            Last edited by Wesley Harms; 20-02-10, 15:39.

Comment

#98
                                                                              40 in running with 2 miles to go

100 with a circut ahead of them

And pullled up

Comment

#99
                                                                                pulled up, never looked interested

Ground?

Comment

Pulled up there. He didn't look right from the very start. Disappointing.

Comment

Should be put down after that performance

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                      Should be put down after that performance
                                                                                      lol harsh

Comment

the tipster not the horse

and Johnny Evans
                                                                                        Last edited by Solskjaer; 20-02-10, 15:45.

Comment

Now will I lump on Menorah to recoup losses....

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                            Now will I lump on Menorah to recoup losses....
                                                                                            hope not...

Comment

Good god Menorah was a disaster.

Ship the first to Dunguib.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                lol harsh
                                                                                                Harsh but fair

Comment

This thread is a Layers dream

Comment

Pretty shocking ride I thought from Johnson on Menorah. Went a million miles an hour. Ruby was sublime though

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      This thread is a Layers dream
                                                                                                      Lay dont pay the ferryman at uttox, I've backed him so an obvious loser .

Must admit to giving back some midweek gains on todays ggss, the ferryman to get me green again. either way I'll be in the emporium later well oiled and ready to be robbed, line up

hope you layed him. :-)
                                                                                                      Last edited by Solskjaer; 20-02-10, 16:10.

Comment

Right, if Sprinter Sacre doesn't win I'm quitting gambling.

Comment

weekly installments ok Fran?

edit - or double and quits on some basketball game?
                                                                                                          Downhill or curling perhaps? pm'd you . I reckon he was still beaten without clattering the last

Comment

This Pippbrook Ministar looks good in the 4.30 at Lingfield, should improve but doesn't need to, last run is well good enough to take this.

Comment

Whew, laid him at 1.9 during the photo.

Comment

Meh i reckon i got done in a photo on the last at Ascot

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                  Right, if Sprinter Sacre doesn't win I'm quitting gambling.
                                                                                                                  Gambling career saved by a nostril.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                    Pretty shocking ride I thought from Johnson on Menorah. Went a million miles an hour. Ruby was sublime though
                                                                                                                    pretty sure that johnson didnt ride him, after his bad fall in the race before hand?
                                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

He did ride him.

Comment

Got stuck in big time to Monet Garden today. Woulda posted here about my thinking on it, but was caught up with something else. One of my biggest scoops this year . Would have layed a bit on both Planet of Sound and even more on Herecomesthetruth (worst price I've seen in a long time), but just decided to lump on Monets Garden instead.
                                                                                                                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                                          Got stuck in big time to Monet Garden today. Woulda posted here about my thinking on it, but was caught up with something else. One of my biggest scoops this year . Would have layed a bit on both Planet of Sound and even more on Herecomesthetruth (worst price I've seen in a long time), but just decided to lump on Monets Garden instead.
                                                                                                                          Really impressed by him today i was on Herecome..... Planet of Sound was the big lay never been around that distance afaik with questionable stamina.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X