Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Ascot 2015 Tipping competition

Same as the Aintree version:

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay in advance via bank transfer (PM for details if you don't have already). Don't whinge about this, everyone has online banking these days.

You are only entered when your money hits my account. My account is with AIB so if your isn't, you should probably pay 3 workings days before the off to ensure entry. AIB to AIB should be instant.
    I will pay out the prizepool immediately following the Festival to your bank account.

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Royal Ascot festival (Note; this is from 16-19 June i.e. Tuesday to Friday, the Saturday is not 'Royal'). Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

There is only five banking days to kickoff so get shipping

Comment

€50 shipped from C Corbett.

Thanks for organising this.

Comment

Shipped there.

Cheers.
        Profit before people.

Comment

donating, monies sent, tks for organising.

Comment

sent

Comment

€ 50 shipped.

Comment

Received so far:

Megatron
                RDIII
                GAB (Pimms?)
                Dice
                Frossach
                Sitch

nicnic in transit
                horatio in transit

Bump!

Comment

I havent shipped yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    I havent shipped yet!
                    Oh.

I just saw your first name but now realise that was Megatron.

nicnic received

Comment

kp in like flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        kp in like flynn
                        will ship 2moro

Comment

will ship tmoro also

Comment

In and shipped, thanks!

Comment

In and shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                pretty confident I will be shipping this.
                                It would be a massive turnaround on previous form.

I bet you a bottle of Fusion I finish ahead.

Comment

In.

The shameless pimping done it for me. Have details from before, will ship tonight/tomorrow.

Comment

shipped.

Comment

The mailshot to the customer base is paying off.

Comment

Received so far:

Megatron
                                        RDIII
                                        GAB
                                        nicnic
                                        Frossach
                                        Sitch
                                        horatio
                                        White Knight
                                        NewApproach
                                        NoRiverRequired
                                        Puremagpie

others in transit and will confirm when landed, ty

Comment

In!
                                          And shipped

Comment

Might just about make the 1k pool here. Keep shipping.

Comment

I don't have any Fusion to throw around the place willy nilly. Mad keen for a sidebet - but pick another prize.. A bottle of Meerlust uncorked in town some night?
                                              Go on so I'll donate € 50 to you if you like, might make me put a bit of effort in this time.

Comment

I don't have any Fusion to throw around the place willy nilly. Mad keen for a sidebet - but pick another prize.. A bottle of Meerlust uncorked in town some night?
                                                Done, obv. Me and Horatio will be locked on your account at this rate.

Comment

Shipped on AIB.

Comment

Latest runners and riders

Received so far:

Megatron
                                                    RDIII
                                                    GAB
                                                    nicnic
                                                    Frossach
                                                    Sitch
                                                    horatio
                                                    White Knight
                                                    NewApproach
                                                    NoRiverRequired
                                                    Puremagpie
                                                    Jibzzz
                                                    rounders123

Comment

Received so far:

Megatron
                                                      RDIII
                                                      GAB
                                                      nicnic
                                                      Frossach
                                                      Sitch
                                                      horatio
                                                      White Knight
                                                      NewApproach
                                                      NoRiverRequired
                                                      Puremagpie
                                                      Jibzzz
                                                      rounders123
                                                      kp nuts
                                                      Gazman

750 in the pot

Comment

In and shipped

Comment

A polite request

please post your bets in a table this time, per the below example:

This is really easy to do and will save me a lot of time.

Comment

please post your bets in a table this time, per the below example:

This is really easy to do and will save me a lot of time.
                                                            How might one learn how to do this?

Comment

No excuses

Dummies Guide, copyright CHD

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              It should be in a spreadsheet like this

The copy and paste the lot into [TABLE][/.TABLE] tags.

Then you will get this

Everyone who has a google account can just make up their spreadsheets in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/
                                                              And what to put in....

Please post your daily picks as a table, per the above.

1st column = race no i.e. R1, R2 etc. There is normally 6 or 7 races per day.
                                                              2nd column = horse's name (as per the racecard)
                                                              3rd column = either W (win) or EW (each way)
                                                              4th column = your stake. If backing EW, it should be the EW stake. i.e. the Smashing example above is 25 each way (total bet is 50).

ty, this will save me a lot of time. .
                                                              Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 12-06-15, 14:19.

Comment

I'm in...Frossach will ship for me 😉

Comment

Frossach has the money shipped.

Comment

Received so far:

Megatron
                                                                    RDIII
                                                                    GAB
                                                                    nicnic
                                                                    Frossach
                                                                    Sitch
                                                                    horatio
                                                                    White Knight
                                                                    NewApproach
                                                                    NoRiverRequired
                                                                    Puremagpie
                                                                    Jibzzz
                                                                    rounders123
                                                                    Charley Mc

800 to play for

Comment

Might give this a spin, can someone point me to the bank details etc
                                                                      sigpic
                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Did you get money from me?
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Did you get money from me?
                                                                          PM sent as some mystery monies floating about with no references.

Any more takers, get the loots in today.

Currently looking at an 850 pot.

Comment

Reminders

Post your picks in this thread by 1pm each day. You can edit that post as much as you like - up to 1pm. At 1pm, selections are locked.

Post in table format - handy guide on page 1 of thread.

tyty

Comment

#39
                                                                              I can't get into my pm's for some reason

I shipped via my ub app and used pimms donations our something like that as the reference
                                                                              Should have my name and phone number with it and all you need to know is the amount to pick it up.

Don't worry if it's not there is a pure donation...tbh I probably know more about the Ireland soccer team than I do about most of this week's racing do its a pure pin sticking exercise
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#40
                                                                                Just Shipped there now..
                                                                                sigpic
                                                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  I can't get into my pm's for some reason

I shipped via my ub app and used pimms donations our something like that as the reference
                                                                                  Should have my name and phone number with it and all you need to know is the amount to pick it up.
                                                                                  Ah OK, the Ulster Bank one where I get a text to pick it up? Not received yet but consider yourself in and we can sort out after or you can ship direct to winner.

That means Charley Mc is the mystery money

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Runners and riders

Received so far:

Megatron
                                                                                    RDIII
                                                                                    GAB
                                                                                    nicnic
                                                                                    Frossach
                                                                                    Sitch
                                                                                    horatio
                                                                                    White Knight
                                                                                    NewApproach
                                                                                    NoRiverRequired
                                                                                    Puremagpie
                                                                                    Jibzzz
                                                                                    rounders123
                                                                                    Charley Mc
                                                                                    kpnuts
                                                                                    gazman

In transit:

aidankk
                                                                                    strewelpeter
                                                                                    Dice75

950 bananas for the winnar
                                                                                    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 15-06-15, 10:53.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Received so far:

Megatron
                                                                                      RDIII
                                                                                      GAB
                                                                                      nicnic
                                                                                      Frossach
                                                                                      Sitch
                                                                                      horatio
                                                                                      White Knight
                                                                                      NewApproach
                                                                                      NoRiverRequired
                                                                                      Puremagpie
                                                                                      Jibzzz
                                                                                      rounders123
                                                                                      Charley Mc

In transit:

aidankk
                                                                                      strewelpeter
                                                                                      Dice75

Is that not 850 including all of the above?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                        Is that not 850 including all of the above?
                                                                                        Don't be showing up my poor maths skillz. Edited to include kp and gazman.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Latest runners and riders

Received so far:

Megatron
                                                                                          RDIII
                                                                                          GAB
                                                                                          nicnic
                                                                                          Frossach
                                                                                          Sitch
                                                                                          horatio
                                                                                          White Knight
                                                                                          NewApproach
                                                                                          NoRiverRequired
                                                                                          Puremagpie
                                                                                          Jibzzz
                                                                                          rounders123
                                                                                          Charley Mc
                                                                                          kpnuts
                                                                                          gazman
                                                                                          aidankk
                                                                                          Dice75

In transit:

strewelpeter

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Day 1 picks.

Profit before people.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                              Day 1 picks.
                                                                                              Why change a winning strategy?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Why change a winning strategy?
                                                                                                They've won the Ascot Stakes a couple of times before
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Tuesdays winners

Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 16-06-15, 09:36.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    @ strewel, got your transfer

everyone fully paid up and 950 to play for

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Can i just check - if you have a winning bet does the amount back include your stake (i.e does e100 on a 6/4 winner return 150 or 250)

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        Can i just check - if you have a winning bet does the amount back include your stake (i.e does e100 on a 6/4 winner return 150 or 250)
                                                                                                        that would add a net 150 to your bank

i.e. winnings

so you could say it returns +250 but that your outlay was -100, so your net returns are +150

djaknowwharroimeaunnnnloike

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          that would add a net 150 to your bank

i.e. winnings

so you could say it returns +250 but that your outlay was -100, so your net returns are +150

djaknowwharroimeaunnnnloike
                                                                                                          Yep, cool.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            confidence is good

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              so who do we take in the PP special tomorrow?

Night of Thunder for me, can't be having the HK 'oss and wouldn't be surprised if it was unplaced

I have a strict rule against backing French jockeys too

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                sigpic
                                                                                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  so who do we take in the PP special tomorrow?

Night of Thunder for me, can't be having the HK 'oss and wouldn't be surprised if it was unplaced

I have a strict rule against backing French jockeys too
                                                                                                                  Went with NOT too for his consistency over trip, hard to see him not place but think it's the race of the season and if it is he'll be beaten.

Ultimate sit back and enjoy race if it wasn't for the pesky offer.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

#58

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Nice n cool trig for the first day, nice n cool

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Frossach; 15-06-15, 21:29.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X