Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games

Old 20-02-19, 12:57   #621
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Some say the professional photoshoots are too much for new purchases, bah humbug to them!
Old 22-02-19, 10:50   #622
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
For me anyway, yes.

Have approx 20 of them and zero by any other manufacturer so all-in. Probably bought 30 down the years so they wear very well. The only time I ever had an issue, they instantly resolved it (was probably my fault tbf).

Would find it very hard to go back to shop-bought. As long as you buy when they are on offer, which is very frequent, then they're great value.
My last order was slightly too big, but when I look at the order details, the body measurements are the same, it's just the end measurements that are different. Is the end measurements, what the shirt actually is Not sure whether to adjust or not

Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 20:48   #623
elbows

Pulled the trigger on some Tailors Mark shirts for the new job.

60% off at the moment.

Last edited by elbows; 22-02-19 at 20:50.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 04-03-19, 13:37   #624
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion

My local tailor Billy in Phibsboro. Love his non nonsense attitude. It's a real traditional place with an ancient sewing machine and Elvis memorabilia everywhere. My friend dropped them in trousers to him the other day. he didn't even look up when she went in, never took her name or details at all. Just said, while still working:

Billy: "Have it for ye in the morning".
Billy: "What waist do you normally wear?"
Friend: "I think I'm a 28".

And he just looks at me and goes "HA, you'd be doing well". Quickly measures her as a 33 and back to looking at his work. I love Billy.
Old 08-03-19, 19:33   #625
PSV58

Where to go for decent sports jackets and good honest advice from the salesman?
They were never my thing before but picked up a few on clearance, love them and now want to upgrade to better quality fabrics
PSV58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-19, 17:19   #626
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Worcestershire belts holding nearly five years later, only thing is the three brown belts I have all have darkened into pretty much the same colour.

Thanks From:
Old 25-04-19, 18:32   #627
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
For me anyway, yes.

Have approx 20 of them and zero by any other manufacturer so all-in. Probably bought 30 down the years so they wear very well. The only time I ever had an issue, they instantly resolved it (was probably my fault tbf).

Would find it very hard to go back to shop-bought. As long as you buy when they are on offer, which is very frequent, then they're great value.
Do you notice much variance in the size? I ordered one there that was way too big, but it was based off the same measurements as previous orders.

Old 25-04-19, 21:40   #628
elbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Do you notice much variance in the size? I ordered one there that was way too big, but it was based off the same measurements as previous orders.
The one’s I got were too small. Sent them a pic of me wearing them and they replaced them for no charge.
Old 26-04-19, 08:31   #629
Rufio

So tailors mark the goto place for shirts... what are their trousers like or is there somewhere better you'd recommend, tend to wear smart casual trousers in work (almost always buy in Ted Baker, but wouldn't mind finding something of similar quality/style at a better price.)
Rufio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-19, 08:41   #630
DeadParrot
Just Resting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
So tailors mark the goto place for shirts... what are their trousers like or is there somewhere better you'd recommend, tend to wear smart casual trousers in work (almost always buy in Ted Baker, but wouldn't mind finding something of similar quality/style at a better price.)
M&S seem to do the full range of beige,mustard and nearly mustard coloured trousers
DeadParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-19, 09:15   #631
shrapnel
chevauche moi sur le côté, Kylian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
i'm partial to both Gap and Timberland tbh, as they work well for me, and are very durable. It just depends on whether the cut of their trousers suits your morphology or not.
shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 13:24   #632
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Keane
Were ye saying that Tailor's Mark place do a lot of sales? If so I'd appreciate a heads-up if ye notice one in the next while.
Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-19, 11:05   #633
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

In case anyone missed mention of it in the BBV Tailor's Mark are having a bit of a sale today.

I'm finding choosing between the various casual shirts kind of difficult, they all look the same after a while!
Old 10-07-19, 10:55   #634
PSV58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane View Post
In case anyone missed mention of it in the BBV Tailor's Mark are having a bit of a sale today.

I'm finding choosing between the various casual shirts kind of difficult, they all look the same after a while!
Major kudos to Tailors mark customer service. Ordered a few shirts in this sale, 7 weeks later no sign of them.
Emailed them today and they mailed back within the hour apologizing and said it was due to fabric availability for 1 of the shirts, that it would be ready and shipped in 5 days, and they gave me a voucher code for 90 euro off my next order.
Old 10-07-19, 11:37   #635
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast

Anyone recommend a casual shirt from there to try out? I ended up overwhelmed with the variety of options that last time and never ordered anything.
Old 11-07-19, 11:23   #636
Clay24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

My local tailor Billy in Phibsboro. Love his non nonsense attitude. It's a real traditional place with an ancient sewing machine and Elvis memorabilia everywhere. My friend dropped them in trousers to him the other day. he didn't even look up when she went in, never took her name or details at all. Just said, while still working:

Billy: "Have it for ye in the morning".
Billy: "What waist do you normally wear?"
Friend: "I think I'm a 28".

And he just looks at me and goes "HA, you'd be doing well". Quickly measures her as a 33 and back to looking at his work. I love Billy.
I'd love to visit Billy one day just for a chit-chat
Clay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 21:37   #637
PSV58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane View Post
Anyone recommend a casual shirt from there to try out? I ended up overwhelmed with the variety of options that last time and never ordered anything.
It could probably be laid out better for that kind of thing. Think with this kind of thing you have to be prepared to take a bit of a hit on your first order(so wait for a sale). I got a nice chambray which is pretty casual but you kind of have to work it out yourself re shirt length etc for casual v formal versus the likes of proper cloth(which I haven’t ordered from yet) which is laid out way more clearly wrt to casual v formal.
Kind of get the impression that tailors mark is way more aimed at lads who tick shirts in on all occasions including into jeans

Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games