This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
    It states it has a 20megapixal camera. I would expect it to be good. Although my nexus 5 has a far better camera than his current M8
    more to a good camera than megapixels

just relaying what i heard

although some seem to agree.

The camera of the HTC One M9 garnered a very low score in a review by photography resource DxOMark. How bad did it do compared to the other flagship smartphones in the market?

Comment

Fuck you ole, this Power is class. Second season is great. Have to look past a small bit of bad acting but it's exciting!
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Chipleader bossing it well. Keith on the right side of him anyway.
        That AK > QQ Hand was pretty sweet. Massive Chippy now.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          Fuck you ole, this Power is class. Second season is great. Have to look past a small bit of bad acting but it's exciting!
          2 things, I may have been tired and emotional, and judged it harshly, and I have watched enough of meah to last me a lifetime.

For you I will give it another look,

You watching Show Me A Hero ? good drama, great story, very (cant think of the word, when something is happening now) to us.

Its about opening middle class neighborhoods to the less well off, rather than social housing that a set amount are set aside on new builds what we planned here, its taking established neighborhoods in leafy new york and building and integrating social housing.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

From the makers of the wire I believe, it's next on my list.
            airport, lol

Comment

Caught this tonight and thought it was very well done, really enjoyable.

In Cinemas Now. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/StraightOuttaComptonUKOfficial Site – straightouttacomptonthemovie.co.uk In 1987, five young men, u...
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Yeah I was looking at the west. What about somewhere in Mayo or Sligo? Not particularly interested in nightlife. Just where there's something to go and see/do during the day. And somewhere relaxing.
                Can't really go wrong with clifden imo.
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                  The last 4 days my nexus 5 has been switching itself off. It has gone into a power loop when attached to charger and does nothing when not plugged in. Never had a problem with the battery in the 18 months I have had it.

It's been off all day till I got home from Dublin and was googling and discovered it is very common. It was suggesting banging phone on table at the power button. Low and behold the fucker comes back on!

I'm going to have to take Tony's m8 till my own upgrade is due. Any other nexus users had this?

I had already went back to factory settings and tried recovery boot but wouldn't go into that.

Chap in the three store in dundrum was all kinds of useless. Not paying to get it fixed as it is now out of warranty. Pain in the arse having no phone.
                  Keep on pressing the power button repeatedly. Video below helped me fix the wife's

Comment

Firstly, congrats V and Mrs V on the arrival.

secondly, locking the BBV early is dubious, but not even letting it get to the even 60k is plain wrong

Comment

Has anyone seen The Strain, any good?
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Gnite mates.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Just on this last thing. That's not a thing anymore in Europe. The company can't set the warranty period, instead it is set at whatever a reasonable length of time is for the phone to last. If you got it on a two year phone contract, then a reasonable length of time for the phone to last is two years (clearly). Legally they have to fix / replace. They may disagree due to unfamiliarity with the law, but that is the case.
                              My whole PhD was based on the assumption that microelectronic components should have a lifetime of 10 years. What a waste of time that was!

Comment

@dobby. The Imperial in Galway is a great location and reasonable. It is stag/hen central though so may not be what you want for a quiet weekend away. Stayed there on a stag once and it was perfect.

Kilkenny is also very nice and lots of reasonable hotels there.

Have you tried Killarney

Comment

Thus e.g. you buy a washing machine, with one year warranty, it breaks down after two years. Company has to replace, because it is perfectly reasonable to expect a washing machine to last at least two years. What the company has set the warranty period at is an irrelevance and also an unhelpful attempt to dissuade you from your consumer protection rights.
                                  I'm pretty sure most if not all of this is wrong

A warranty is a commercial guarantee. Nothing wrong with that. It's an additional contract guarantee over and above the EU mandated 2-year guarantee. If the item has a material defect from purchase and you can prove it (no need to prove it within 6 months of purchase) then they have to replace it. Otherwise it's a 2 year guarantee period under EU law of memory serves.

Must admit it's been a while since I brushed up on my EU consumer protection law though
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                      Post pics of the dog tar, video too
                                      Is he sound?

Can I come visit/take him for a walk/sleepover for a couple of nights.
                                      Have some more pics at home, he was well sound, he was a bit shy but once you got to know him his personality really shone.

Afraid his owner came to take him, sorry about the sad ending.

Originally posted by Mike View Post

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/55...really-bad.htm
                                      Megapixels are mostly nonsense over a certain degree, not what makes a camera good at all. It's just used to sell to the masses. Camera lens, light sensor, image processing hardware and software surely doesn't matter
                                      Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

A warranty is a commercial guarantee. Nothing wrong with that. It's an additional contract guarantee over and above the EU mandated 2-year guarantee. If the item has a material defect from purchase and you can prove it (no need to prove it within 6 months of purchase) then they have to replace it. Otherwise it's a 2 year guarantee period under EU law of memory serves.

Must admit it's been a while since I brushed up on my EU consumer protection law though
                                      The EU two year deal is not applied in Ireland as we deemed our protection rights already superior (I believe Mary Harney applied the 2 year thing to legislation but I think a figure of 6 years is thrown around a lot for ireland). This is why on sites like apple you see irish consumer law claim period being 6 years and it is less elsewhere. However sellers like to act like it's their guarantee or nothing and I often quote the EU 2 year period to get them to change their tune, if it is longer than two years I dig out some other stuff about reasonable lasting period like Hitch says and try to find mention of the 6 year Irish period.

Although I believe burden of proof of nonconformity is on the buyer at this stage if claiming a fault, so I'm a bit hazy on that. Fault at time of purchase and expected duration of a healthy product are different things, any idea? Pretty much always get a refund/replacement no matter how old things are these days. Hitch is right that they use their warranty in the way he claims (they claim ignorance of the laws until you specifically mention them), that doesn't mean you are wrong with the technicality, that's how it should be used.

Ifr this is wrong be sure to let me know
                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-09-15, 08:55.

Comment

Grealish craic

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          Conor McGregor Coul learn a thing or 2 about hype from Apple.
                                          It's astonishing the coverage they get every year for announcing slightly improved versions of previous products.
                                          Apple fanboys on the boards thread were chomping at the bit to buy the new more expensive Apple TV (a major new feature? Ask siri for funny TV shows and it brings up comedies, showing all the places you can watch it like Apple, Netflix, Hulu (for US users) and a few others and the TV. ")
                                          Groundbreaking

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            Conor McGregor Coul learn a thing or 2 about hype from Apple.
                                            It's astonishing the coverage they get every year for announcing slightly improved versions of previous products.
                                            Apple fanboys on the boards thread were chomping at the bit to buy the new more expensive Apple TV (a major new feature? Ask siri for funny TV shows and it brings up comedies, showing all the places you can watch it like Apple, Netflix, Hulu (for US users) and a few others and the TV. ")
                                            Groundbreaking
                                            In fairness once that goes through a few more revamps voice controlled tv will be pretty good. Once it is integrated into the wifi Kettle it will be unstoppable.

Walk home, open the door and ask for, NO Demand - tea and sky sports.
                                            It will cut down the time from work to relaxation no end.

Obv the biggest hurdle will be making sure that only my voice can change the channel and that my GF has no power to override my sports with downton Abbey or whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                              In fairness once that goes through a few more revamps voice controlled tv will be pretty good. Once it is integrated into the wifi Kettle it will be unstoppable.

Walk home, open the door and ask for, NO Demand - tea and sky sports.
                                              It will cut down the time from work to relaxation no end.

Obv the biggest hurdle will be making sure that only my voice can change the channel and that my GF has no power to override my sports with downton Abbey or whatnot.
                                              We've had an Xbox One for awhile now and as a test we wanted to see how quickly we could get through 50 voice commands. Here are our results.

Nothing groundbreaking really...

Comment

where is a good place to sit in the olympia, stalls, circle or upper circle?

Comment

M9 camera is not great.
                                                  S6 battery also not great.

In the market for a new phone myself. They all seem to have one flaw though.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/55...really-bad.htm
                                                  Great piece on the camera/video of both phones here. From 4m30s

Samsung's days getting roughed up by HTC in comparison videos may be drawing to a close. Join us as we put the Galaxy S6 head to head with the HTC One M9 in ...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI2RDLbdkb8
                                                    Nothing groundbreaking really...
                                                    Already in operation through mobile
                                                    Yatse support natural voice commands for many languages, allowing you to control your Kodi with your voice.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

https://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/ya.../VoiceCommands
                                                      I knew nothing of this. Excellent

Comment

Just caught up on the old BBV and a new one starts

Re EP I was told by 2 different security guys going in on separate occasions that it was a 20% tax on whatever I was carrying or if they find anything while searching id lose it all. Must have been a thing between them at the weekend?

Still had a great time despite the negative reviews a lot of people have it but preferred body and soul myself

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                          Caught this tonight and thought it was very well done, really enjoyable.
                                                          Saw it earlier in the week as well. Don't think it's particularly accurate but I enjoyed it a lot also.

In fairness you could have just put NWA on the cinema screen for three hours and I would have loved it regardless.

Comment

https://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/ya.../VoiceCommands
                                                            Never mind just TV controls have people not been using googles voice recognition lately?
                                                            I've managed to get two and three paragraph emails out without a single correction.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

$50 shipping on that BB-8 droid.

Anyone wanna pool?

Comment

Those are not the droids you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Never mind just TV controls have people not been using googles voice recognition lately?
                                                                  I've managed to get two and three paragraph emails out without a single correction.
                                                                  I generally use the voice just for novelty searching with Hound/Aviate/Google.

Hound is pretty brilliant at times

Comment

I just sold my car recently as we really had no need for two cars. The other car though is insured in the wife's name as she drives it to work and therefore would probably be classed as the primary user. However, I seem to only be a name driver on that policy which entitles me to nothing in terms of being able to drive other cars like I could with my own policy. Is it possible to have fully joint insurance that allows both people to drive other cars if the need arises or am I stymied here?

Comment

Lads in work were trying to come up with a generic definition of 'strength'.

They settled on 'being able to do more consecutive press-ups than your age'.

I am weak, very weak.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

I see her royal brittanic majesty, QEII, just became the longest-serving monarch in British history. Fair play, I'd say it's been a rough enough gig especially with the imbecile offspring she has. Surely taking her duty a bit far to make sure Charles is never foisted on the public though.

Discuss, with additional republican ranting.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Lads in work were trying to come up with a generic definition of 'strength'.

They settled on 'being able to do more consecutive press-ups than your age'.

I am weak, very weak.
                                                                            What's the mean line on that?
                                                                            It gets exponentially harder the older you get.
                                                                            I'd have more stock in a 60 year old doing 30 press ups than a 30 year old doing the same

Comment

#98
                                                                              ...

Comment

#99
                                                                                It would take very little time from practically doing 0 to get over your age in push ups imo, until you are ancient (like 50)
                                                                                I think you need to be able to bench press people your own age.
                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-09-15, 11:25.

Comment

Mourinho with the classic dad-look of 'don't you fcking dare look at her breasts' on a night out with his daughter

SPOILER

Somewhat hard to avoid imo

Comment

There is nothing funnier in a meeting that the dawning horror on a guy leading a presentation who realizes;
                                                                                    A) he knows nothing about what he has planned to talk about for the day
                                                                                    B) It's hugely apparent to everyone else in the room.

Tell tell signs.
                                                                                    i)Acronyms, acronyms everywhere
                                                                                    ii)Repeating what someone has said <5 seconds after they said it.
                                                                                    iii) A look of skeptical annoyance while saying what they cannot do.

Long day.....

Comment

Mourinho with the classic dad-look of 'don't you fcking dare look at her breasts' on a night out with his daughter

SPOILER

Wonder if she has anything to do with mourinho and Terry falling out? He has form

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Can anyone help here?

I was handed one of these Sky IO Links in a box.

I have multi room downstairs. No interest in getting another box in the bedroom.
                                                                                            For the Bedroom TV. Do i need to get the magic eye to change the channel in bed with a remote on top of this?
                                                                                            Or is that already built in to this device?

Comment

Have successfully navigated the first week of teaching. Eight more weeks of this horror show and then can thankfully forget about talking again until next September. My big takeaway from the week: hot students. many many extremely hot students. No offence to the Irish, and indeed I am of ye and so am similarly afflicted, but we're not the best looking nation in the world, whereas the French arguably are. Or at least those in my business school are.
                                                                                              I dunno if it's just that we are too used to our own people, the fact that most are overweight, or we are just ugly mofos but some other countriess look like gods and godesses compared to us, france and netherlands have always been kind to my eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                where is a good place to sit in the olympia, stalls, circle or upper circle?
                                                                                                There is no good place to sit in the Olympia, it is a dump.

Down to your personal preference between stall and circle, I would pick about 10 rows back in the stalls.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    I see her royal brittanic majesty, QEII, just became the longest-serving monarch in British history. Fair play, I'd say it's been a rough enough gig especially with the imbecile offspring she has. Surely taking her duty a bit far to make sure Charles is never foisted on the public though.

Discuss, with additional republican ranting.
                                                                                                    piers Morgan has celebrated by giving her colon a thorough licking. One of many sickening brown nose specials I'm sure. Thanks for the reminder to avoid all British TV for the next week
                                                                                                    Queen Elizabeth II today becomes the longest-reigning Monarch in British history when she eclipses the previous record-holder, her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria.

Comment

What's the mean line on that?
                                                                                                      It gets exponentially harder the older you get.
                                                                                                      I'd have more stock in a 60 year old doing 30 press ups than a 30 year old doing the same
                                                                                                      Glad you asked

From http://www.topendsports.com/testing/...ome-pushup.htm

There was a time I could do 65+ in a minute, now it would take me a week
                                                                                                      Last edited by Iago; 10-09-15, 12:29.
                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                        Glad you asked

This is in a minute btw
                                                                                                        Woohoo, i'm in the excellent range, although my joints start hurting before my muscles at my age

Comment

Hello.
                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

In the poor range but on the border of Below Average. Although I went into the gym for an assessment last month and tried to do a pull up...... I reckon I didn't get 3 inches off the ground. Instructor chap had a good lol
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                              In the poor range but on the border of Below Average. Although I went into the gym for an assessment last month and tried to do a pull up...... I reckon I didn't get 3 inches off the ground. Instructor chap had a good lol
                                                                                                              My trainer started making me do pull ups about 6 weeks ago. I just hung off the bar, swaying while trying to pull myself up. Couldn't do one. Now I can do 10. But I think 12 would be my limit at the moment. I tried to add one every time I did them. If I can do it anyone can. Stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                Hello.
                                                                                                                Any craic?

Comment

Just checked. Firmly in average range need to get back doing some sort of gym work before I shame myself anymore.
                                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    My trainer started making me do pull ups about 6 weeks ago. I just hung off the bar, swaying while trying to pull myself up. Couldn't do one. Now I can do 10. But I think 12 would be my limit at the moment. I tried to add one every time I did them. If I can do it anyone can. Stick with it.
                                                                                                                    Got shin splints so used that as an excuse not to go back for a few weeks, now they are closing down for refurbishments for 2 months so I'll be stuck on 0 for a while .

On the plus side I just did the pushups and am smack in the middle of the below average, better than I thought. Whoop.
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Just checked. Firmly in average range need to get back doing some sort of gym work before I shame myself anymore.
                                                                                                                      Shame!!!

http://shamebell.com
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Imagine how long it feels for the people who have to listen to you...
                                                                                                                        you'd be the expert in this regard.

Comment

Glad you asked

There was a time I could do 65+ in a minute, now it would take me a week
                                                                                                                          data is beautiful

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X